• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Laniv

Smash Champion
He's happy that he gets to be with Ness and all his friends again.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
He's happy that he gets to be with Ness and all his friends again.
He found out his mother is always with him, protecting him. He saw her in the flower fields of heaven and he realized he needs to make those that are living just as happy. He is with his best friend, of which he saved after others have tried to save him. He realized he has a family right there, with Ness, Boney, Flint, Kumatora, and Duster.
I would so be down with a petition for Mothers 1-3 remastered. I think it's time Mother took the spotlight. Even if it's already in the works at Nintendo, this can only raise even more publicity to support Mother!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Despite the fact that smiling Lucas is great, I don't like how much it resembles Ness in this game. When you look at Ness and Lucas side by side in Brawl, you don't really see Ness at all when you look at Lucas. When you look at that picture above of Ness and Lucas, you can easily see Ness' face on Lucas because the smile is just a texture instead of a model.

Luckily this won't actually matter because the camera angle in-game doesn't have them looking annoyingly similar.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Why not make a new thread for the new game .-.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Daw. ****.
The one I hate the most is the one I remembered too.
But who cares my Boy is Back :D
Now I need his pet.:wolf:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4ness::4lucas::4rob::4falcon:
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk:< Please Wolf :')
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute:
Oh good grief what a mess this roster is in now.....
LUCINA IS A BEAUTIFUL ADDITION TO THE ROSTER.

HER NAME EVEN HAS THE SAME FIRST LETTERS AS LUCAS.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This is more or less Chapter
Despite the fact that smiling Lucas is great, I don't like how much it resembles Ness in this game. When you look at Ness and Lucas side by side in Brawl, you don't really see Ness at all when you look at Lucas. When you look at that picture above of Ness and Lucas, you can easily see Ness' face on Lucas because the smile is just a texture instead of a model.

Luckily this won't actually matter because the camera angle in-game doesn't have them looking annoyingly similar.
They'll probably touch him up when he's released.

The fact that his trailer just screams character development just like in Mother 3 just makes me all giddy. Bonus points if he ends up being high tier like Ness.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

They look pretty similar in Brawl

The only difference I can tell in brawl is their eye and skin colours which now represent their original sprites better

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Why not make a new thread for the new game .-.
Well this is a social thread for Lucas fans to talk about what they want, besides it's not like a Mother remake / Mother 3 on virtual console / Earthbound : Forever is the core subject of this thread. It was just a topic that happened to have been brought up.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
LUCINA IS A BEAUTIFUL ADDITION TO THE ROSTER.

HER NAME EVEN HAS THE SAME FIRST LETTERS AS LUCAS.
Oh don't get me wrong I am happy for her fans.
But the people I have had to deal when fighting her online.
spamming the Side B and that Counter.
If I actually got good players I wouldn't have had a hate for her.
But hey I am going to play awakening and rejudge her on that so :)

They look pretty similar in Brawl

The only difference I can tell in brawl is their eye and skin colours which now represent their original sprites better
The only differences I see now from his smash 4 counter part, are his shoes and his eye colour.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Well, if Sakurai was going for a "Post-Mother 3" sort of Lucas, then seeing him smile so much makes sense to me :p

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well, if Sakurai was going for a "Post-Mother 3" sort of Lucas, then seeing him smile so much makes sense to me :p
Seeing him smile isn't a problem at all. It's just that he uses the same models and textures as Ness, and due to Ness having a textured mouth instead of a modelled one in this game, the resemblance between Ness and Lucas is really obvious. It's just weird looking at Lucas and so easily seeing Ness now, that's all.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh don't get me wrong I am happy for her fans.
But the people I have had to deal when fighting her online.
spamming the Side B and that Counter.
If I actually got good players I wouldn't have had a hate for her.
But hey I am going to play awakening and rejudge her on that so :)

The only differences I see now from his smash 4 counter part, are his shoes and his eye colour.
As a Marth comain, Lucina's got nothing on Marth.

I'd love to play you sometime.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
You people are all freaking out about other things.
Meanwhile I still can't get over the fact he's now smiling..

Don't you ever leave me again Lucas.
You be a main stay from this point onward.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt:
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4ness::4lucas::4rob::4falcon:
__:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::4villager:__
____:4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute:____
What I love so much about this picture, is that it actually shows development for Lucas. Unlike Brawl, he's actually smiling now. This is definitely post-End Game Lucas. He's got heart, the power to back it up, and a confident smile to boot. It'll be nice to get some Ness/Lucas dream team once again.

**** you guys move this thread so quickly...

Lucas fam is probably my favourite community on smashboards right now. Everyone is so happy and cheerful and we all get along, this is nice :120::120::120:

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Not relevant to competitive play but does anybody else feel that Lucas's Final Smash might be the same from Brawl just so that his and Ness's are different?
It depends. I'm hoping for a new Final Smash altogether, hopefully PK Love. But i could live with Brawl PK Starstorm.

What Pacack said. I just took both pictures and put them right next to the other.

Lucas and Greninja are probably going to be co-mains. I've been hunting for a secondary for months and now Nintendo has provided me exactly with the one I needed so I figured I'd have an avatar with both Greninja and Lucas sharing the same space together.

Thanks though!
But what about Pit tho? I thought he was on your list? : 3

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
What sucks now is that we have to wait two months for him.

No info on him at all... so much speculation. I just want my Lucas.
It could be worse, we could be mewtwo fans

Cut from brawl, not back in smash 4, revealed as DLC with no footage and had to wait 6 months before he was shown. God that had to have sucked

I just noticed that Lucas has eyebrows while Ness doesn't.
Have they always been like that? Why doesn't ness have eyebrows?

Great, now I'm never going to be able to unsee that

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
*passes by the thread and leaves this here all ninjalike*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Really happy for this movement now that Lucas has been confirmed. Looking forward to spamming dat up smash on CPU's. :4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas:

To be fair, Ness doesn't really smile... he always just has this sort of vacant expression in his face.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

No crying until the end.
This legit. hit in the feels so hard.
Got some Lucas gifs for everyone here :)

@ TumblrFamous TumblrFamous
We need this on the first post
My glob these gifs are amazing, i need these in my sig.

who's playing Mother 4 when it comes out?
I definitely will. Couldn't call myself a Mother fan if i wasn't looking forward to it.

I'm still convinced Mother 4 takes place in between the time game with Mother 2 and 3. So like a Mother 2.5. : 3

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
**** you guys move this thread so quickly...

Lucas fam is probably my favourite community on smashboards right now. Everyone is so happy and cheerful and we all get along, this is nice :120::120::120:
It really is, this is easily one of the most fun social threads. The rest are all dead except for Zelda who moves way too fast for my liking (Ironic, I know)

Nah, Robin's social is pretty out there too. It's mainly because skype groups have become super popular which just kills all social activity on a board (sadly this is what happened to Villager ;_; ), so let's NOT do that, yeah?!

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
You people are all freaking out about other things.
Meanwhile I still can't get over the fact he's now smiling..

Don't you ever leave me again Lucas.
You be a main stay from this point onward.
__:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja::4villager:__
____:4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mii::substitute:____
I was giddy over that too. It's so nice to see him post-development.

Top Bottom