• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
It's really a shame because I thought I've already finalized all my mains and they had to reveal Lucas! Oh well, just another character to add to my roster, I just don't want to be those people who play a bazillion characters. :(
PFFFF what are you talking About??
The more the better ;D!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What Lucas lacks in a killing Bthrow, locking PK Fire, and Idaho-size Fair like Ness has, he gains in a tether grab, landing traps with Usmash, PK Fire bouncing, and a fast Fsmash.

Ness may be a bit stronger than Lucas, but Lucas is more nimble and better equipped to get out of bad situations.

It really just depends on how the meta shifts with the patch. And if Lucas needs an extra push, he may get Ness's PK Fire custom to set up some grabs and Hyphen Smashes.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Random, but Rope Snake is adorable in HD. I feel like I'm going to tether to the ledge and hang under it just to see Rope Snake clamping onto it.

Boney alt is even better, though. BONEY ALT IS AMAZING.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Random, but Rope Snake is adorable in HD. I feel like I'm going to tether to the ledge and hang under it just to see Rope Snake clamping onto it.

Boney alt is even better, though. BONEY ALT IS AMAZING.
BONEY ALT ALMOST MAKES UP FOR NO TRUE COMMANDER LUCAS LIKE PROJECT M'S.

Seriously, Lucas rocks those earthy tones.

And rope snake is somehow even cuter now.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My favourite thing about this is that I finally got a secondary that I'm willing to put time into.

I needed someone to balance this

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
I don't know, I mean assuming Lucas's PK Thunder is exactly the same as Ness's Lasting PK Thunder custom move, people don't really care for the PKT not being as gimpable. I'm not sure if Lucas's PK Thunder will be to big a deal tbh in terms of his placement on the tier list, and even than I hope he won't be top tier. Wouldn't want everyone to be playing my Lucas :p
I've never even touched custom moves so, I have no idea, but I do know lots of people cite ness' gimpy recovery as his bigger weaknesses, and lucas won't have that same problem except for against certain characters, and even then, just use the tether if you can.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
BONEY ALT ALMOST MAKES UP FOR NO TRUE COMMANDER LUCAS LIKE PROJECT M'S.

Seriously, Lucas rocks those earthy tones.

And rope snake is somehow even cuter now.
LUCAS IS COMING OUT IN JUNE SO SAKURAI CAN MAKE AMAZING COMMANDER LUCAS ALONG WITH PLAYABLE BONEY.

Please, Sakurai, I need it.

Actually, being serious, I think Lucas is delayed as to provide adequate representation of the character. Lucas in Brawl was a bit rushed, so a bit of things were missing. The trailer proved that they're much more aware of Mother 3 content than Brawl, too. So... COMMANDER ALT AND PLAYABLE BONEY.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Got some Lucas gifs for everyone here :)

lucas1.gif

lucas2.gif

lucas3.gif

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

LUCAS IS COMING OUT IN JUNE SO SAKURAI CAN MAKE AMAZING COMMANDER LUCAS ALONG WITH PLAYABLE BONEY.

Please, Sakurai, I need it.

Actually, being serious, I think Lucas is delayed as to provide adequate representation of the character. Lucas in Brawl was a bit rushed, so a bit of things were missing. The trailer proved that they're much more aware of Mother 3 content than Brawl, too. So... COMMANDER ALT AND PLAYABLE BONEY.
The fact that Lucas' "Masked Man" alt is just his normal look with MM's colors and a sprite of him on it, I'm not betting on Commander Lucas, but I'd squeal with joy if it happens.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I've never even touched custom moves so, I have no idea, but I do know lots of people cite ness' gimpy recovery as his bigger weaknesses, and lucas won't have that same problem except for against certain characters, and even then, just use the tether if you can.
Yeah I agreed that the tether recovery will be huge but I think the reason why people opt for Ness's normal PK Thunder is possibly because of the killing power? I don't know, I expected it to be more recognized as well but no one really talked much about his custom Lasting PK Thunder and so it's possible people just preferred power over utility, and it probably has to do with how much easier it is to recover in this game as well so although Ness's gimpy recovery is a big weakness, it's not as bad in this game.

Got some Lucas gifs for everyone here :)
Thank you so much for this, the first one is glorious.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I wouldn't bet on a Commander alt.
What I expect is that we get what we've seen, plus his alts from Brawl (though one would be removed), possibly slightly altered.

Drippy

Smash Ace
The fact that Lucas' "Masked Man" alt is just his normal look with MM's colors and a sprite of him on it, I'm not betting on Commander Lucas, but I'd squeal with joy if it happens.
I just hope Lucas, like Ness will receive a shirt with a entirely different pattern and a nice little simple design on it instead of just a plain shirt with a design on it. The Master Belch shirt for Ness by far has to be one of my favorite palettes in this game.

Shaymikyu

I just hope Lucas, like Ness will receive a shirt with a entirely different pattern and a nice little simple design on it instead of just a plain shirt with a design on it. The Master Belch shirt for Ness by far has to be one of my favorite palettes in this game.
That's what I'm betting as well.

And I agree- that Belch shirt is pretty awesome.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
An Ultimate Chimera shirt similar to Ness' Master Belch??? 8D

Last edited:

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
As far as I remember, Lucas and Wolf were cut because of time constraints. Remember, Bowser Jr almost didn't make it in because of that.

Lucas and Wolf were probably low priority characters to include and so as time ran out they had to be cut.
I doubt Lucas will ever be thought of as low priority now though.. the number one request in Japan and number two in NA. I think our boy has earned his permanent spot.

Drippy

Smash Ace
We have Ness and now Lucas. But I still want to see Ninten playable.
It'd be awesome to see how Ninten would play out if he were to ever be included! However I feel the chances of them are very slim because there's not as big of a demand for him, Mother 1 (I think called Earthbound Zero?) isn't as popular as 2 / 3, and also he looks way to similar to Ness.

D

Deleted member

So apparently Lucas won't be allowed at EVO. Can anyone confirm this?

Shaymikyu

I doubt Lucas will ever be thought of as low priority now though.. the number one request in Japan and number two in NA. I think our boy has earned his permanent spot.
Honestly, I think Lucas is safe now for whatever SSB's future is. It's clear enough people reacted to his cut that they not only brought him back second ONLY AFTER MEWTWO, and even gave him a nice flashy trailer.

And who knows. Maybe we'll finally get Mother 3 here.

...And maybe pigs will fly.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think Lucas is safe now for whatever SSB's future is. It's clear enough people reacted to his cut that they not only brought him back second ONLY AFTER MEWTWO, and even gave him a nice flashy trailer.

And who knows. Maybe we'll finally get Mother 3 here.

...And maybe pigs will fly.
Yessssss Mother 3 on the VC would be so godlike or a remake of the first Mother game.

Shaymikyu

Yessssss Mother 3 on the VC would be so godlike or a remake of the first Mother game.
I actually considered the possibility of a Mother 1 remake for the 3DS when I saw Magicant and the amount of attention M1 got this time compared to the past.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I actually considered the possibility of a Mother 1 remake for the 3DS when I saw Magicant and the amount of attention M1 got this time compared to the past.
It'd be awesome if they gave Mother 1 some more publicity! Or...

A remake of Mother 1 and a release of Mother 3 on the virtual console, I'd die of joy if that were to ever happen.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I've never played Mother 3. But I liked playing Lucas in Brawl.

OK, I REALLY enjoyed playing Lucas. So everyone's favorite gun totting "raccoon" is not going to cry until the end.

Top Bottom