• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cop can figure out his sanity by just investigating himself, if the mod allows that. It's still not a very good role for the town to have so it's w/e for me. Masonizer is a lot more important.

:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Does it?

A weak Doc is a Doc that clears his target. That's a million times more useful than a normal Doc.

Oh I didn't even think of that! That's actually pretty tight. And yeah it adds c to the reasonable possibilities for scum to have chosen--most of which include Mason or Cop.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
True but no one will know said target unless doc claims first.
If the weak Doc has like two living clears going into Day 3 he could probably just go ahead and claim anyway.

In contrast, the Cop needs to waste his N1 to check his sanity. Zen's plan of playing Cop like a Comparison Cop will only work if we gets different results. Getting two guilties or two innos in the first two Nights still doesn't help us figuring out his sanity. The best the Cop can offer is a reliable result coming into D3, which is pretty bad.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't actually think it's that unlikely that Scum gave us a weak Doc btw not realizing how amazing that role is. I think it's very unlikely though that none of them realized how good masonizer is. If we have both a weak Doc and a Masonizer on our side we can have ~4 clears by D2 which would be epic.

Maven89

Smash Master
yeah I thought so, in which case it doesn't matter too much if the cop is sane/insane since it'd just take lynching a single one of his targets to figure it out.

I'm leaning 2shot roleblock with godfather. I don't see any other role I would want to give them, except still possibly vengeful because as long as we play well it shouldn't effect us much.

Zen I'm really not liking you trying to get us to talk so much about what power roles there are. There is no way we can figure it out without letting the mafia know who is who or at least give them a huge clue. FOS on you

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Funnily enough that FoS is reciprocated. You and Wots push for GF is the up-most suspect.

And I explained how mafia cannot track who the actual PRs are with basic math. Please explain if this is not the case.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also I don't think you understand the purpose of it. It's a low risk (or zero risk) - low payout. As I see it, there's literally no reason not to hypo-ison. When a PR claims later we can confirm that they did in fact state their role in their hypo. There is not a huge advantage to this but there is no disadvantage either so it might as well be done. If mafia tries to claim something in the spur of the moment, they are minus 2 PRs that they can claim in that event.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Also I don't think you understand the purpose of it. It's a low risk (or zero risk) - low payout. As I see it, there's literally no reason not to hypo-ison. When a PR claims later we can confirm that they did in fact state their role in their hypo. There is not a huge advantage to this but there is no disadvantage either so it might as well be done. If mafia tries to claim something in the spur of the moment, they are minus 2 PRs that they can claim in that event.
What do you think we should give them besides RB then?

Nameless

marshy|sworddancer.
2x roleblocker (3) - ranmaru zenny joey
day rolecop (0)
vengeful mafiate (0) -
1 shot janitor (2) - ranmaru zenny
godfather (3) - wott [has 1 other vote] joey seal [has 1 other vote]

not voting jexs gheb red ryu rosalina jaytheunseen alakaslam maven

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Funnily enough that FoS is reciprocated. You and Wots push for GF is the up-most suspect.

And I explained how mafia cannot track who the actual PRs are with basic math. Please explain if this is not the case.
Really zen. Its suspect that I'd rather give them something that affects one person that might not be in the game to giving them something that affects a basoc source of information that will definitely be in the game?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Math seems right but you're just punching at it a different way than i am. You want to cover all possibilities while i want to cover all the definitives that would come woth certain roles. Godfather can throw us for a loop, but jan n vengeful would.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Honestly I'm ready to get the game started. We'll probably be fine either way. Let's get the votes and hypo's in @everyone.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Zen's concerns about the GF are legit but they only matter if we have a masonizer in the first place. I personally don't think it's very likely that we have one but I'm toying around with the idea of having everybody claim whether they are masonizer or not. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Honestly, if we have a masonizer then we really do not want to give them a GF. Getting rid of that "if" would help us big time finding the ideal setup for scum and the risk probably isn't that big.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Eh, let's just get the game going Gheb. I'd rather have Mason with a GF than outted. It's wateva.

Vote: Roleblocker

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We still have 4 days left and a lot of people haven't really spoken up yet. I think it'd be better for us to use that time to the fullest. We may even get to do some legitimite scumhunting toDay.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
iight but Mason aint claiming. I've said all I've had to say, if peeps don't see the logic at this point, they aint gonna.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Zen's concerns about the GF are legit but they only matter if we have a masonizer in the first place. I personally don't think it's very likely that we have one but I'm toying around with the idea of having everybody claim whether they are masonizer or not. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

This half of the hydra is not innately opposed to this
Odd are we have at least one protect anyways and it won't matter which one it is

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We have the most logical choice which is also the mathematically sensible choice. Anything else is beneath.

If Mason-Wdoc-Vig; Weak Doc will be forced to protect Mason, preventing them from being used as an investigative. We'll just be trading in one thing for the other. We're going in circles here. Choose the path of the new car or the path of the goat. We aren't claiming.

Maven89

Smash Master

It narrows it down considerably. If there's a weak doc, all they have to do is look at who posted weak doc. They narrowed it down from 9 people to 4. Same with any other role they gave. How many people think there are masons? What if they gave it to us and only 2 people included mason?

Why would you find a need to try and get everyone to breadcrumb so early?

Maven89

Smash Master
I also feel you guys are letting this game mechanic get to your head. It honestly does not matter that much which of the 2 we give them because we win or lose depending on how well we're going to play. Doing something like possibly outing the mason just to see if we should give them Godfather or not is ridiculous.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Maven you might be right. I think we will be fine so long as we have a fairly even spread though. I should of made it so that each person should include a role that hasn't been hypod in the last two hypos. Since we're already into it: the other 5 peeps make sure that you randomize two of your picks.

Doctor/WeakDoc/Vig.
Weak Doc/Mason/Vig
weak doc/mason/vig
Doc, Weak Doc, and Vig
weak doc, vigilante and a masoniser
Also,weak doctor/masoniser/doctor.
Doc/Weak Doc/Vig thing.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Wait, I still don't understand what is so bad about vengeful. As we may be forced to sacrifice an innocent anyway to maintain parity, we can simply keep an even total number of people and the effects of vengeful don't actually impact our chances severely. Admittedly, if we got to mylo, and vengeful hadn't been outed yet, that would be bad, but I don't actually think that's very likely. After all, we have 2 days to lynch correctly, and the chance we would lynch a mafia, by complete guesswork. is 1/4+3/10= 22/40 (more than half) Add to that our investigative roles, as well as general scumhunting, and it's rather unlikely we would miss twice.

Maven89

Smash Master
I wasn't account for human influence in vengeful. just by pure numbers it's not good but letting the mafia take out two well playing townies at once can really hurt. I'd still put it in before rolecop or janitor and I'm still open for it being included overall, though I think 2x RB and Godfather is the better combination now.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Wait, I still don't understand what is so bad about vengeful. As we may be forced to sacrifice an innocent anyway to maintain parity, we can simply keep an even total number of people and the effects of vengeful don't actually impact our chances severely. Admittedly, if we got to mylo, and vengeful hadn't been outed yet, that would be bad, but I don't actually think that's very likely. After all, we have 2 days to lynch correctly, and the chance we would lynch a mafia, by complete guesswork. is 1/4+3/10= 22/40 (more than half) Add to that our investigative roles, as well as general scumhunting, and it's rather unlikely we would miss twice.
More townies dying is generally not a good thing.

Maven89

Smash Master
@#HBC | marshy does Weak Doc die if they protect GF?

"Lastly, you have the option of allowing a weak doctor to protect you and still survive; you can use this on any night by PMing me."

side note: I'm loving how this game took off without any RVS, I'm think this game setup is the **** and should be played more often

Top Bottom