• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Lastly, you have the option of allowing a weak doctor to protect you and still survive; you can use this on any night by PMing me."

side note: I'm loving how this game took off without any RVS, I'm think this game setup is the **** and should be played more often
lol Dam I can't even keep up with just these rules, no wonder people were struggling in Death Note.

Hardbody Warrior

marshy|Sangfroid Warrior
2x roleblocker (3) - ranmaru zenny joey
day rolecop (0)
vengeful mafiate (0) -
1 shot janitor (2) - ranmaru zenny
godfather (3) - wott [has 1 other vote] joey seal [has 1 other vote]

not voting jexs gheb red ryu rosalina jaytheunseen alakaslam maven

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
"Lastly, you have the option of allowing a weak doctor to protect you and still survive; you can use this on any night by PMing me."

side note: I'm loving how this game took off without any RVS, I'm think this game setup is the **** and should be played more often
What is this quote from?

Maven89

Smash Master
So is that final? I honestly don't even know what i"m voting for right now so Unvote

I think this is something we should wait longer on despite how much discussion we've had, we can take up to 5 more days and there's more people to post.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
This is quite a major decision, and there's no need to actually continue to Day 1. We can essentially treat this as Day 1, and scumhunt while discussing. So we should definitely take our time today, and also make sure everyone is participating.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm with Zen. Let's just get the day started. If people really want to treat this as Day 1 at least give FOS's or fake votes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't think we should have Masonizer claim. Like I feel we are wasting one role (via claiming) just so we can know what the setup is exactly. Don't want to do that. I definitely don't want Godfather. Keep in mind scum could have picked masonizer banking on people going for Godfather.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also feel we are FOS'ing each other simply for disagreement, and not for actual suspicions. Get out of here with this "Yeah we can have Day1 here guys." You too Zen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because it's a distraction. Most people haven't actually FOS'd anyone at all for anything legit. Some won't even say that much, for example Joey and Jaytheunseen.

If you guys want to drag this out, why not also do a random FOS on two people.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If we started D1 we'd RVS and it'd be the same as Randoming one suspect. No one here has a strong scumread or even a lead here because we are still discussing roles.

It can help down the road but we must first learn to walk before we run. I choose Joey and Jaytheunseen for my random suspects.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
What about his post made you change from godfather when tou swore uo and down the field gf is useless?
What made me change is the speech about masonizer/Godfather interactions.

That changes everything.

So between janitor and vengeful? I'd go with janitor.

Plus I want to have those who haven't voted have more sway capability versus feeling locked into what people have already voted for.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
What made me change is the speech about masonizer/Godfather interactions.

That changes everything.

So between janitor and vengeful? I'd go with janitor.

Plus I want to have those who haven't voted have more sway capability versus feeling locked into what people have already voted for.
Still feel its hella unlikely we have a masonizer but w/evs i can see where you are coming from to a degree

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I don't feel that I actually fully understand the consequences of all the roles or have enough experience, and as such I won't be voting today.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just vote with majority then. Also read what we have been saying. No excuses.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. If you are confused, leaving it until near deadline won't help you understand by then. Try to figure it out now.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Very well,
Vote: RB, Jan (for now)

I have read through, but I don't have any experience, of which I can remember, with any of these mafia PRs. The closest role is a permanent roleblocker. As such, whilst some roles, such as rolecop, are obviously disastrous, others, such as janitor or vengeful, have many, varied applications. I'm not confused, exactly, merely undecided, and feel rather out of my depth. From my perspective, roleblock doesn't seem that bad, especially as its use is limited, but janitor can have big consequences. It can cover up an apparently guilty innocent, or a mafia. In the endgame, misjudging the number of mafia can be fatal.
On the other hand, I still don't believe a vengeful is that bad. Yes, we lose another life. But we often are forced to sacrifice a life through no lynch to maintain parity anyway. Why not just waste a mafia PR as well? I do understand the impact it could have in lylo, or in the endgame, but I just don't know the chances that could happen. Mathematically, it's unlikely to happen asap (i.e. two mislynches immediately) but the chances of it occurring later on are tiresome to calculate. Thus, I am indecisive which of janitor or vengeful is the lesser evil.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
From your experience, has janitor or vengeful ever strongly impacted the outcome?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
With vengeful, we'd get a mafia but they get to choose one extra kill, while with Janitor, they just take the flip away and we still have another chance in our hands. We'd just treat it as another D1 at that point and continue from there. I feel it's better than letting them have a free shot.

Lesser evil that I prefer. I guess the only example I can give is GSs#3, even though it had a town traitor that flipped town. I'd treat it like that and continue to scumhunt individually. Would be a plus if we lynch the Jan first.

Top Bottom