• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey Rosalina. I see you viewing. Can you post your hypo. Thanks.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
weak doc, vigilante and a masoniser

P.S. I'm not actually always online. I keep this tab open 24/7 usually, but I'm frequently offline.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thank you for the clarification, I thought you were viewing multiple times.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
EVERYBODY UNVOTE VENGEFUL MAFIATE IMMEDIATELY. WE'RE NOT GIVING MAFIA ANOTHER NIGHT KILL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We should give them a godfather imo.

Godfather only affects the masonizer and the cop. I don't think it's very likely that they gave us a masonizer because there's only a 1:10 chance that the masonizer actually hits the godfather on N1. Mafia is not gonna bank on that imo. And the masonizer is actually more powerful than the cop in this setup for if we don't give the mafia a roleblocker then a masonizer failing to recruit somebody can only mean that he targeted a mafioso. They would be pretty ******** to give us the masonizer role and a Godfather wouldn't change the fact that the role is OP.

Cop has a 50% chance of being insane [and his flip won't reveal his sanity] so we might as well give them a Godfather. Follow the cop won't be a thing in this setup - if they gave us a cop at all.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Janitor's also entirely worthless and we should definitely give it to them. They can't hide their own flips. Everybody who is hammered claims immediately, if the flip is revealed we know s/he's town and therefore the claim is trustworthy. I honestly don't even know why the role is in the game to begin with.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote: Vengeful and Roleblocker

Figuring that having weaker mafia roles is better then trying to force a synergy with them.
These are the two strongest roles that you could possibly give them in this setup.

FoS Maven

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We'll give them Janitor and Godfather, whoever suggested any combination of Roleblocker, Vengeful and Day Rolecop should come up with a good explanation asap or else s/he won't be living very long. Maven / Ryu are our best leads for D1.

Hypo-crumbing? How about this: I claim Vanilla Townie :smirk:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Hello.

I have never seen godfather be anything but useless

Even with cop green check he has to survive lylo.

I just spent the second 24 hour day of this week so I will sleep and going to be massive V/LA.

Apologies.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm a newbie,but Godfather seems very dangerous because of this-there will never be any hard proof.No night actions,investigation shows town.
Maybe that isn't very important though?I don't know...

But I agree with janitor and roleblock.I don't want to end up hammering it so I won't vote now,though.
Vengeful is a bomb waiting to go off and kill an extra person.Basically we get (semi)punished for guessing right and lose one of our own.

Janitor could cause problems,but we know it's a mafia that has it and they'll use it to their advantage.Which means we can possibly deduce a player's alignment based on the fact mafia went to the trouble of using their 1 per game PR to hide who said player was.

2 shot role block,it's problematic,but they also have to guess the PRs like anyone else.Pairing this with daycop would be horrible.So let's not do that.

Thing is,roleblocker and janitor give them only 3 powers to use in the whole game,preiod.Not daily or constantly active powers.

Also,weak doctor/masoniser/doctor.

Maven89

Smash Master
Janitor is not what we give them, and I'm heavily suspicious of those who want to play dumb and not realize they can send it in when someone is at l-1. It's not hard at all to see whose going to get lynched when the day is coming to an end, that Janitor would definitely happen.

Godfather is a role I'm fine giving them because it doesn't give them any extra abilities, it only protects them from PR's, but it's Dgames and we seem to lynch people based off play, not PR's. Godfather's role would not be any real boost, and I definitely think they did the Doc/Weak Doc/Vig thing.

I'm glad no one is mentioning Role cop

Janitor's also entirely worthless and we should definitely give it to them. They can't hide their own flips. Everybody who is hammered claims immediately, if the flip is revealed we know s/he's town and therefore the claim is trustworthy. I honestly don't even know why the role is in the game to begin with.

They can't hide their flip, not any mafia flip. I find it hard to believe you didn't notice this?

Gheb I have zero idea why you're so afraid of vengeful, when it's probably one of the worst roles they have. In return for losing a mafia player they get two shots that night, and that's it. I do not see how a 1v1 trade is something we don't want to give them, especially since the kill can be blocked. Why the flying **** are you sitting there saying a janitor is a better choice?

I'm a baked weak doc stuffed with cop glazed with vigilante

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The problem is that that kill of the vengeful HAS to happen sooner or later.When it does,they get an extra kill.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I misread the role PM of the Janitor. I thought "can't cover up your alignmet" means that mafia can't use it on themselves. My bad. Gotta think that one through again.

Still in favor of giving Mafia a Godfather. Still 100% against Vengeful Mafiat.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm a newbie,but Godfather seems very dangerous because of this-there will never be any hard proof.No night actions,investigation shows town.
I could make a long and detailed [and probably confusing] post on why you are wrong but I don't wanna do that so I'll just cofnirm that it isn't actually important whether a godfather can **** up the cop or not here. Keep in mind that there's only a 50% chance that the cop is sane in the first place so we're not getting any "hard proof" from the cop anyway.

Masonizer and Weak Doc are much better for invesigative purposes because they can actually clear people. If we have Doc/Weak Doc/Masonizer on our team then we could probably win this game pretty safely via smart use of Night Actions.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
oh wtf 50% insane cop. I missed that. I also didn't think about Jan using it on themselves.

I'll vote Godfather and Roleblock

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm aware of that (Rossalina), but I don't see much problem with the mafia having two kills one night when it's a 3v9 settup. If it's mylo, 3v5 town, then lynching a vengeful puts it to 2v3, and now lylo. If it's 2v4 lylo and we lynch the vengeful, it's now 1v2. If it's 3v4 mafia and we lynch the vengeful then it's 2v2 and they win. The only way the vengeful would truly impact the game is if we go 3 days without hitting single mafia player at which point we probably lost anyways.

3v9 - 2v7, town even more ahead then before
3v8 - 2v6, more ahead then before
3v7 - 2v5, about the same level of being ahead
3v6 - 2v4, same
3v5 - 2v3, mafia more ahead then before
3v4 - 2/2, mafia wins

2v9 - 1v7 - town more ahead
2v8 - 1v6 - town more ahead
2v7 - 1v5 - town more ahead
2v6 - 1v4 - town more ahead
2v5 - 1v3 - town more ahead
2v4 - 1v2 - same
2v3 - 1v1 - mafia wins

That's my thought process on the vengeful, having an extra kill sucks but when you look at it it's not as big as it sounds. If we play poorly the mafia will get an advantage. If we play well they have no advantage. Unless we're already playing at a 4 townie for 1 mafia tradeoff then the vengeful will give the mafia almost no advantage.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Janitor is not what we give them, and I'm heavily suspicious of those who want to play dumb and not realize they can send it in when someone is at l-1. It's not hard at all to see whose going to get lynched when the day is coming to an end, that Janitor would definitely happen.

Godfather is a role I'm fine giving them because it doesn't give them any extra abilities, it only protects them from PR's, but it's Dgames and we seem to lynch people based off play, not PR's. Godfather's role would not be any real boost, and I definitely think they did the Doc/Weak Doc/Vig thing.

I'm glad no one is mentioning Role cop

They can't hide their flip, not any mafia flip. I find it hard to believe you didn't notice this?

Gheb I have zero idea why you're so afraid of vengeful, when it's probably one of the worst roles they have. In return for losing a mafia player they get two shots that night, and that's it. I do not see how a 1v1 trade is something we don't want to give them, especially since the kill can be blocked. Why the flying **** are you sitting there saying a janitor is a better choice?

I'm a baked weak doc stuffed with cop glazed with vigilante
Extra kills are hella bad. I still say rb and godfather is best layout atm

Maven89

Smash Master
Uh, my math in the first paragraph is a little off, it's 2 days without a lynch to have the extra kill actually give the mafia an advantage

Maven89

Smash Master
and to clarify, when I say "more ahead then before" i meant before the lynch, as in lynching a vengeful and that shot working stills gives the town an advantage in the game as long as a mafia player was lynched, and as such for a mafia PR it sucks.

I am Unvoting: roleblocker because I'm leaning more towards Godfather.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
you didn't think of the possibility of the mafia janitoring their own faction members?

isn't that one of the main things janitors do?
Standard Janitor actually covers up Night Kills. Which is bad enough but still not as bad as hiding a lynch.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
and to clarify, when I say "more ahead then before" i meant before the lynch, as in lynching a vengeful and that shot working stills gives the town an advantage in the game as long as a mafia player was lynched, and as such for a mafia PR it sucks.

I am Unvoting: roleblocker because I'm leaning more towards Godfather.
losing 2 for the price of one still usnt exactly the best deal out there. Od rather lose a shot of our unlimited for the most part prs then lose a whole person
you didn't think of the possibility of the mafia janitoring their own faction members?

isn't that one of the main things janitors do?
or jan a townie that looked hella scummy so town gets all confuzzled

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maven, lynching the Vengeful Mafiat in lylo instantly loses the game for us. Since his scummate can just bus him if it comes down to it, reaching lylo becomes pretty much equivalent to losing if we give them a Vengeful Mafiat. We're not gonna do that.

Maven89

Smash Master
That's an excellent point about why RB over Vengeful. I'd support RB

Just thinking, but why are we going with Zenn'y idea of posting 3 roles? I did it without really thinking because everyone else was, but holy **** is that dumb. How could this possibly give us a benefit?

Maven89

Smash Master
My post above was towards Wots

Gheb I'm seeing yall's point. Unvote: Vengefull

a game with vengeful played out well in my head

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Going with Godfather and Roleblocker then. Don't really like to give them the ability to cockblock our PRs but it's definitely the lesser evil compared to the Role Cop.

Maven89

Smash Master
Hello, I'm someone relatively new to this game and I originally made the mistake you made above. The real evidence people have is what they post in the thread, and night actions/PR's are generally either the final nail in the coffin or the bullhorn that sounds the alarm, the actual mechanics of finding if someone is really scum takes place in the thread, since almost all investigative roles have something to screw with them (like millers or godfathers). Because of this the Godfather isn't as important because while it protects him from being found out at night, it does absolutely nothing to cover up his tracks during the day, and the day actions are what 90% of people are lynched for anyways.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
That's an excellent point about why RB over Vengeful. I'd support RB

Just thinking, but why are we going with Zenn'y idea of posting 3 roles? I did it without really thinking because everyone else was, but holy **** is that dumb. How could this possibly give us a benefit?
The second paragraph is what you want me to respond too?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hello, I'm someone relatively new to this game and I originally made the mistake you made above. The real evidence people have is what they post in the thread, and night actions/PR's are generally either the final nail in the coffin or the bullhorn that sounds the alarm, the actual mechanics of finding if someone is really scum takes place in the thread, since almost all investigative roles have something to screw with them (like millers or godfathers). Because of this the Godfather isn't as important because while it protects him from being found out at night, it does absolutely nothing to cover up his tracks during the day, and the day actions are what 90% of people are lynched for anyways.
Suppose you're right,I'm being too paranoid.I was thinking that if a Godfather played perfectly there could be no proof.But that's dumb logic anyway,so yeah.Especially given we may not have any roles effected by Godfather.So yeah,my apologies.

Top Bottom