• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
ranmaru (4) - gheb joey jaytheunseen seal
jaytheunseen (5) - alakaslam red ruy maven zenny jexs
joey (1) - ranmaru
jexs (1) - wott

not voting (1) - rosalina

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I'll give my opinions on everyone at the moment, considering how close we are to the deadline.

Ranmaru: I currently have a mafia read on him, mostly due to his actions today. His D0 actions, whilst not in our best interests, are kind of understandable and he tried to clarify the situation by helping me, although that does appear to quite possibly be our downfall now. However, his attempt to lynch Joey, even going as far to ignore an uncontested Weak Doc claim, is a bit far. He might have read him as mafia, and it's easily possible that the mafia left out weak doc delierately, but any PR claim should be taken seriously, especially when there's no CC. I really think risking an investigative this early in the game shouldn't occur, despite his likely redundancy now due to RB and WIFOM.

Gheb: He's currently null to me. He had good ideas in D0, which unfortunately weren't carried out, but ever since he's been extremely uncooperative and anti-town.

JeXs: He posts frequently, and I'm getting a gut town read off him, but his very, very strong town read of Ranmaru, going so far as to sacrifice himself, leads me to be quite unsure about him. It's not even null, I just don't know.

JayTheUnseen: His more recent replies give me the feeling he's perhaps just an unexperienced town, but I'm not that sure. I'll be willing to compromise lynch him, but only as a final resort, close to the deadline.

Vote: Ranmaru

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd prefer a Gheb or WoTT comprimise. I also don't think town will win if they simply take claims at face value in a setup that they don't know what roles may be in and scum know what to fake claim.

Definetly thinking we may need to mass claim earlier than I thought. (Tomorrow?) I voted WoTT as a comprimise, as I think he holds a higher chance of flipping scum than Joey at the moment. If people have a problem with that vote, then I'm sure they'd have a problem with joey (which I mentioned in my case) and his voting Jex suddenly without any good reason.

We got time to move to either of those two?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll go Jay then. I don't understand why he switched though, of all people.

People that should be looked into all game:

Gheb > Wott > Joey > Rosalina

Seal and Jay and Maven all seem to be just very wrong. Especially Maven. I think the scum resides in the above if not in Jay.

Rosa and Wott have been too quiet. Gheb has been too stubborrn. Joey has been too stubborn as well. I would expect better of Gheb.

This game man. I'm going to sleep now, I have martial arts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb: He's currently null to me. He had good ideas in D0, which unfortunately weren't carried out, but ever since he's been extremely uncooperative and anti-town.

JayTheUnseen: His more recent replies give me the feeling he's perhaps just an unexperienced town, but I'm not that sure. I'll be willing to compromise lynch him, but only as a final resort, close to the deadline.
What's odd to me is that you are willing to lynch Jay on compromise while you have him as newb town (unsure) but don't have the same intentions for a Gheb that is null, and anti-town.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
What's odd to me is that you are willing to lynch Jay on compromise while you have him as newb town (unsure) but don't have the same intentions for a Gheb that is null, and anti-town.
Jay I have, at best, is an unexperienced town, and is unlikely to contribute much of import later in-game. Gheb, on the other hand, was already correct with the janitor. Plus, he's good with PR setups. He's therefore considerably more likely to help us later in game, whilst Jay isn't.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
The game and life according to Dietz. No quotes because **** quotes after 40 pages:

1 jexs

I'll be honest here. I really haven't liked any of Jex's input on the game so far. Starting with the suggestion of Rolecop as a role to hand out to Mafia in 111(I was being 100% serious when I said I'd look funny at anyone who brought that up, even as a sub-option) nothing he's suggested has struck a chord with me as Townie. His major contributions I can remember from my read are contributing to a Gheb push that I see no merit in, claiming town reads on Zen and Ranmaru at points I'd have a hard time doing so, and arguing with Jay and Seal in a manner I'd call deconstructive if not anti-town. So far he's played in a way I'd consider pretty aggro and is reminding me a lot of his play as scum in G3S mafia, where he tunneled into Badwolf hard, stuck out and was eventually forced to be bussed by his mates on D1. I'm seeing that behavior most where he continues to drill on Gheb as the choice even after people tell him the meta he was using to back his argument doesn't hold, but instead of arguing for Gheb for other reasons, tells them their meta must be wrong then. This is the most gut of my scum reads I think, but fmpov it's also the strongest and I'm seeing way more arguing to refute and dismiss from the slot than intent to scumhunt, and that leaves me thinking Jex is very expendable.

2 maven89

I like Maven's play so far. I think literally the only thing I had pause about was during the final moments of D0 choosing Janitor over Godfather he got jumpy. I think he's asking the right questions and being critical of the right ideas and people. That's a whole lot of content to not have issue with indeed. I'll likely be considering him town for a long time.

3 ranmaru

No lies, not a Ranmaru fan either. Those quotes I quoted from D0 are no joke, and I hate how badly he wanted to rush the decision between Godfather and Janitor and then switched to Janitor when the coast seemed good. Especially when he acted like D0 wasn't the king of RVS content and he needed to get to Day 1 to get it just because he couldn't vote yet (I would have expected Ran to see D0 for the debate generating goldmine it was). His reads have been eh, and his Joey and Gheb push in particular I have seen no good from. Joey wasn't even on my radar at the time he made his giant push, which I found a stretch at a culmination people expected him to be having, how it resulted in an L-2 claim I've yet to grasp. Now: that said he improved some in content intent and attitude from D0 to D1 as hoped, and he could simply be wrong about a great many things. But at this point of the game I cant overlook the fact that he was incredibly anti-town D0 and is making pushes I find wrong so far. I am also super concerned about how easy it was for Alakaslam to become a mutual buddy of his with so little content; and asking for the claimed weak doc to still die is uncool. I will not bring him to lylo, but there's room for him to be town, just not much.

5 gheb

I'm going to make this read as simple as possible:
If Gheb was scum, he wouldn't have even tried to argue with people on what decisions he thought were good and bad N0. He would have just let us play and laughed and laughed as people failed to note things like 50% chance of insane Cop and the hidden value of Weak Doc. I know people have concerns that he's just coasting now and I agree it'd be better if he could say some things (@Gheb_01). But I'd be flat out lying if I said that I don't agree with the Ranmaru read he's been on, and see exactly why he would stay there. I just don't see any scum intent at all from the logic he's been pushing and opinions he's been voicing, agree with them or not. Jex's meta push on him was a joke, and while Zen's concern he's been apathetic now hold truth, I don't think they hold scum, especially not compared with other potential lynches today. And if he's scum being extremely forthright about what he finds to be logical? Then he's still helping us more than some others.

6 red ryu

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Red Ryu. He's voicing his opinions, sometimes agreeable, sometimes not, but mostly they've been agreeable and he's put his logic on why forth each time. Not on the list of candidates.

7 joey

I don't see where the Joey push all came from at once, that's one of the parts of this game I think I need to read again to fully understand it. I read him as fairly town up until then, then still town after the explosion. I could be wrong, but if he's scum he's certainly in the spotlight now.

8 rosalinasgs

Mostly null at the moment. Nothing overly interesting about the D0 hashings of roles from this slot, or the opinions afterwards. Not my priority atm, but could be soon. I'd be particularly interested in hearing what your opinion of Jex/Jay and Joey vs Ranmaru is though @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS

9 jaytheunseen

This is an interesting one to me. Because while I see the early cracks under pressure that do seem a lot like paranoid scum getting edgey, and the slot has been enbroiled in a lot of unconstructive arguing, I don't feel like the things he's put forth when he was able to were particularly scum motivated. I'd be okay with the lynch because there's definitely potential, but I'd feel a lot better about it if everyone who's currently on that wagon gave me the 10 second version of why and what they've seen to make him their choice now that we're closer to deadline.

10 alakaslam

Nullscum to me. I don't see why he's been buddying Ran so hard (yes I know they're aquantainces, but there are a lot of reasons to question that this game, especially at the time the initial cozying happened) or why it was reciprocated. The rolefishing attempts were transparent, vapid, and confusing, but not necessarily alignment telling. He's had a few opinions of worth, but mostly he's been posting fluff content that I don't get a good feel of his alignment off of.

11 seal

I don't know why anyone has a problem with this slot outside of misrepresenting his idea of what holds weight and that he's been quieter. When he's outed his opinions they look solidly founded to me, and some mistrust I would expect and seems to be in the right time and places.

12 zenny

Zen always has an agenda. That's nothing new. I don't know I fully agree with the reasons he's done what he's done or advocated the stances he has so far this game, but he's stated his reasons. I have little faith in hypo-rolefishing, but I know enough that it isn't alignment telling in a bad way. The Gheb push I feel is out of place on his priorities, at least for toDay. And the willingness to go to both Joey and Jay I'm unsure of. Zen does what a Zen does sometimes though, so we'll see. Null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree with Zen. If Gheb has already been unhelpful and anti-town, what will make him suddenly turn around to help? What guarantee is there that he will? You put too much trust into one who does almost no work in town.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'm seeing that behavior most where he continues to drill on Gheb as the choice even after people tell him the meta he was using to back his argument doesn't hold, but instead of arguing for Gheb for other reasons, tells them their meta must be wrong then.
Continue lying. Not going to talk about this any further.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Continue lying. Not going to talk about this any further.
[quote="Wots All This Then?, post: 18490562, member: 214901"I'm seeing way more arguing to refute and dismiss from the slot than intent to scumhunt, and that leaves me thinking Jex is very expendable.
[/quote]

Well that response really only makes me feel confident about it truth be told.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah jex. Your lynch isn't better over mine because of the info it gives. Alot of people who I find to be scum are already voting me, and those who are confused may be able to recover and see that they were duped.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I've already talked about it at length with Joey. Strap those goggles on tighter please.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Nah jex. Your lynch isn't better over mine because of the info it gives. Alot of people who I find to be scum are already voting me, and those who are confused may be able to recover and see that they were duped.
It is better. For now I'm doing what I can, but soon I won't have much time to be as active as I am now. Also, way less investment in the game, though I would be glad to be out of this game.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I agree with Zen. If Gheb has already been unhelpful and anti-town, what will make him suddenly turn around to help? What guarantee is there that he will? You put too much trust into one who does almost no work in town.
I feel like I could easily apply this to you, your N0, and your Joey push. That N0 contribution was easily the most anti-town stint I've seen out of this game so far. In your own words why should we keep you?

@ ranmaru ranmaru , Why did you immediately accept Alakaslam's buddying of you at face value?
Also if you could answer this it would be appreciated.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jay I have, at best, is an unexperienced town, and is unlikely to contribute much of import later in-game. Gheb, on the other hand, was already correct with the janitor. Plus, he's good with PR setups. He's therefore considerably more likely to help us later in game, whilst Jay isn't.
Also, this is not a game that you focus on PR's to win. If you want to do that you need to know what PR's are for sure in the hands of town. In this game we NEED to mass-claim.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
First off, is Gheb likely to continue to be like this? Does he frequently stop contributing?

As for Joey/Ranmaru, I've already argued that I believe it is quite likely Joey is Weak Doc. It doesn't make sense, if he's mafia, to claim Weak Doc. If he's looking for a PR, there's better roles, which aren't likely to kill them. Whilst it's true Weak Doc is an investigative, it's also true there's a decent chance it'll kill itself. If he's defending himself, why would he immediately give up afterwards? That massive rant also struck me as being kind of town, although it's a really weak arguement. Also, I don't really like Ranmaru's disregard of PRs. There's a decent chance Joey's weak doc, and lynching a PR is pretty much the last we want right now.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the situation between JeXs and Jay as I don't have particularly good reads on either of them. It's kind of a case of intuition vs logic. Jay's actions were previously slightly paranoid and overly defensive, kind of like how an inexperienced mafioso would play. However, the same arguement could be applied to an inexperienced town, and my intuition tells me Jay's merely cracking under pressure, but isn't actually mafia. But then again, he's fooled me once, it could easily happen again. JeXs is a similar case. Unfortunately, much of what he's said has been about meta, which I cannot relate to. My intuition tells me he's town, but his read of Ranmaru is rather confronting. I don't understand how he could be willing to sacrifice himself, who he knows is town, for Ranmaru. The only particularly logical scenario is they are both mafia, but that also doesn't make sense, as him being lynched won't really help Ranmaru.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I feel like I could easily apply this to you, your N0, and your Joey push. That N0 contribution was easily the most anti-town stint I've seen out of this game so far. In your own words why should we keep you?

Also if you could answer this it would be appreciated.
Simple. I preferred to get to the dayplay. For example, notice how Rosalina talked quite a bit about roles but when D1 started, she viewed alot but didn't post much at all? That's why. Only scum need to coast and say nothing.

Quote it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm going to make this read as simple as possible:
If Gheb was scum, he wouldn't have even tried to argue with people on what decisions he thought were good and bad N0. He would have just let us play and laughed and laughed as people failed to note things like 50% chance of insane Cop and the hidden value of Weak Doc. I know people have concerns that he's just coasting now and I agree it'd be better if he could say some things (@@Gheb_01). But I'd be flat out lying if I said that I don't agree with the Ranmaru read he's been on, and see exactly why he would stay there. I just don't see any scum intent at all from the logic he's been pushing and opinions he's been voicing, agree with them or not. Jex's meta push on him was a joke, and while Zen's concern he's been apathetic now hold truth, I don't think they hold scum, especially not compared with other potential lynches today. And if he's scum being extremely forthright about what he finds to be logical? Then he's still helping us more than some others.
That's all sorts of silly. Why would scum not try and put in a say in what PRs they got. The Cop thing was known. But I do give him credit for the Wdoc info. There's a good chance we probably would have came to understand that regardless though. None of that is any reason to call him town at all.

However, he's been tunneling a player that he knows is easily readable by those who have experience with him and has suggested to vig another player who's alignment is apparent and whom he admitted was obvtown. Please explain to me the town motivation from this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
First off, is Gheb likely to continue to be like this? Does he frequently stop contributing?

As for Joey/Ranmaru, I've already argued that I believe it is quite likely Joey is Weak Doc. It doesn't make sense, if he's mafia, to claim Weak Doc. If he's looking for a PR, there's better roles, which aren't likely to kill them. Whilst it's true Weak Doc is an investigative, it's also true there's a decent chance it'll kill itself. If he's defending himself, why would he immediately give up afterwards? That massive rant also struck me as being kind of town, although it's a really weak arguement. Also, I don't really like Ranmaru's disregard of PRs. There's a decent chance Joey's weak doc, and lynching a PR is pretty much the last we want right now.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the situation between JeXs and Jay as I don't have particularly good reads on either of them. It's kind of a case of intuition vs logic. Jay's actions were previously slightly paranoid and overly defensive, kind of like how an inexperienced mafioso would play. However, the same arguement could be applied to an inexperienced town, and my intuition tells me Jay's merely cracking under pressure, but isn't actually mafia. But then again, he's fooled me once, it could easily happen again. JeXs is a similar case. Unfortunately, much of what he's said has been about meta, which I cannot relate to. My intuition tells me he's town, but his read of Ranmaru is rather confronting. I don't understand how he could be willing to sacrifice himself, who he knows is town, for Ranmaru. The only particularly logical scenario is they are both mafia, but that also doesn't make sense, as him being lynched won't really help Ranmaru.
The problem is that you aren't experienced enough to understand the scope of why Jex (and zen, and ryu) are going to the extents they are to save me. It is deff possible Jex is town trying his best to save me because mafia plays CAN read people and find mafia WITHOUT PR's.

Problem of this town is that it's playing like a Newbie game.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
However, he's been tunneling a player that he knows is easily readable by those who have experience with him and has suggested to vig another player who's alignment is apparent and whom he admitted was obvtown. Please explain to me the town motivation from this.
Because he thinks Ranmaru is scum?

Because using Vig to shoot slots that aren't beneficial to town is a good thing?

ShOcKeR!!!!!

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Also, this is not a game that you focus on PR's to win. If you want to do that you need to know what PR's are for sure in the hands of town. In this game we NEED to mass-claim.
If this isn't a game we should focus on PRs in order to win, why should we massclaim.

I say this, because as we picked both x2 Roleblocker AND Day Janitor: a massclaim seems like a poor choice, and a great way to make sure scum gets maximum mileage out of those roles.

Then continue lying to yourself if you'd like to, but please don't try to lie to the players in this game. It gives a bad impression of me for no reason.
Okay, but if you don't care to refute my opinion that we should lynch you, then I will try to do so. There's not much else to be said there.

Simple. I preferred to get to the dayplay. For example, notice how Rosalina talked quite a bit about roles but when D1 started, she viewed alot but didn't post much at all? That's why. Only scum need to coast and say nothing.

Quote it.
But you couldn't wait even another second for us to make good choices about the powers we're giving to the other team? You would've had even more to go off of transitioning to D1. I find it hard to believe you're still saying scum would want to coast during the time period they get to choose their own powers, that's ridiculous. If you're serious and are town we're definitely talking in post, because I think it 100% rushed thread to a decision it didn't want to make. Your selfishness was extremely anti-town if so.

I did quote it. It's directly above the request for response.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Your opinion, which was the same as Joey's was already refuted long ago.

Top Bottom