• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Simple. I preferred to get to the dayplay. For example, notice how Rosalina talked quite a bit about roles but when D1 started, she viewed alot but didn't post much at all? That's why. Only scum need to coast and say nothing.

Quote it.
As I have said, school started, and I didn't have very much time to play mafia. Most of my free time was consumed merely trying to read through everything being posted. I have time now since it's the week-end, but come Monday, I'll be viewing, but might not have that much time to post. Additionally, I've already said that I usually keep a tab open on mafia games I'm playing, so I might not actually be viewing. If you want, I can close it/ switch to another page, but this is more convenient.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because scum will still take advantage of the knowledge they already have of the setup, and we won't know what to do with claims in the future unless we mass claim.

Also, that 2nd point had nothing to do with Alakaslam buddying me. So your question is moot. Anyways, I'm going to sleep.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
That's all sorts of silly. Why would scum not try and put in a say in what PRs they got. The Cop thing was known. But I do give him credit for the Wdoc info. There's a good chance we probably would have came to understand that regardless though. None of that is any reason to call him town at all.

However, he's been tunneling a player that he knows is easily readable by those who have experience with him and has suggested to vig another player who's alignment is apparent and whom he admitted was obvtown. Please explain to me the town motivation from this.
Yes, of course he would still put in his opinion if he was scum. But he put in opinions that I think were good and pro-town when the consensus before then (including my own skim) had been off-base. It was things that anyone could have noticed or said, but he did choose to say them, and basically I think he was telling the truth and what he actually thought was good. His recent play hasn't been a shining beacon of pro-townness, but I don't think he's choice #1 by any stretch. We can afford to see what a D2 Gheb looks like when we have Jex, Ran, Jay, and Alakaslam around.

@Bolded: How do you factor that into Ran's stated reasonings then? Because he seems very against that idea and wanted D0 to end as soon as possible, quoting that it was helping scum coast as his reason to cut debates at the knees.

JeXs

Smash Champion
You have proven time and again that you didn't read the game. First you didn't proved that you didn't read my argument with Joey, now you prove that you haven't read Gheb's posts talking about his vig choices, which for your sake, it's Zen + me.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
You have proven time and again that you didn't read the game. First you didn't proved that you didn't read my argument with Joey, now you prove that you haven't read Gheb's posts talking about his vig choices, which for your sake, it's Zen + me.
(your argument with Joey was unreadable, and I read this entire game over the course of 6 real life hours. Cut me some goddamn slack)

JeXs

Smash Champion
Then my aggression and anger was fueled by the players I was arguing with in this thread, cut me some goddamn slack too please.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That was the question.

All I asked was why you were immediately okay with Alakaslam buddying you. And before that, why we should keep you.
Because I town read him. Did you not read the reasoning for that? I'm going to sleep, but I want you to find the reasoning I had and analyze it before further asking me about this.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
What in the literal **** is this game?

We have Zen sitting over here saying "RANMARU IS META TOWN GUYS!" with Ranmaru's literally worst game I've ever seen (and this includes from like 2012 or whenever he started playing) and then pushes things on Gheb which 100% apply to his null meta (Gheb asking to vig someone that he thinks isn't beneficial to town? Yeah that's Gheb for you. Gheb wanting to lynch someone that has play that is literally cancer (on top of the fact that he's scum reading him)? That's Gheb for you, too!).

We have JeXs sitting on ****ty Gheb meta and then refusing to budge because he's #saltyasf*** instead of actually playing to town's win condition and realizing that he needs different reasons that are actually decent to be on Gheb because the meta reasoning that was presented to him was reasoning that 'wasn't in his game', which somehow makes it invalid and makes the WELL KNOWN logic not apply to him.

We have Ranmaru who is literally the definition of scum but still has people defending him because he's Ranmaru and this play is somehow a norm for him (even though this is worse than what it usually is for sure) and because they somehow think that a player can't adapt and play out-going as another alignment.

God, **** this game. Why are people listening to any of the three above? I legitimately want to know why people are listening to any of these three (not including the three listed above of course).

JeXs

Smash Champion
God, **** this game.
Only sentence I agree with in your entire post. I already said you never proved my meta wrong and this is my final time saying this, look back in the thread if you want to find the exact posts. Don't give me excuses of "Oh no too many pages!"

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Only sentence I agree with in your entire post. I already said you never proved my meta wrong and this is my final time saying this, look back in the thread if you want to find the exact posts. Don't give me excuses of "Oh no too many pages!"
Continue to ignore me please. If you're ignoring the fact that you're pushing him for reasons that are null for gheb and calling it his scum meta, then that's on you.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Actually, it's pretty clear that I won't be lynched today at this point for whatever reason.

Request replacement

Maven89

Smash Master

At least link it to me. This game is already 40 pages. I wouldn't be asking if I thought he was town-read worthy.
I'm not going to go find it but I remember the post, It was that Alakaslam was being very active and posting a lot when he's apparently really reserved when he's scum.

Also I just realized I completely forgot about that guy

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Because scum will still take advantage of the knowledge they already have of the setup, and we won't know what to do with claims in the future unless we mass claim.
I don't see the problem of "not knowing what to do with claims in the future unless we mass claim" being larger than "Scum knows who all our PRs are D3."

If it truly seems like the right thing to do given gamestate at that time we can do it. But I see no reason to push for this now before we even have any lynches.

I'm not going to go find it but I remember the post, It was that Alakaslam was being very active and posting a lot when he's apparently really reserved when he's scum.

Also I just realized I completely forgot about that guy
Yeah, he's still here.

And if that was literally the reason, then it's an extremely weak reason not to question it. Becuase iirc, he didn't question it at all at that juncture.

Looking at the votecount, we aren't going to get a Jex lynch. I'd prefer Ran over Jay given the current glut of evidence. So far all I've heard as pros for Ran has been meta arguments and the fact he was true to his word on posting D1 after cutting D0 off.

Vote: Ranmaru

JeXs

Smash Champion
Someone please unvote Ranmaru, he is at L-1. Why are we lynching town again?

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
First off, is Gheb likely to continue to be like this? Does he frequently stop contributing?

As for Joey/Ranmaru, I've already argued that I believe it is quite likely Joey is Weak Doc. It doesn't make sense, if he's mafia, to claim Weak Doc. If he's looking for a PR, there's better roles, which aren't likely to kill them. Whilst it's true Weak Doc is an investigative, it's also true there's a decent chance it'll kill itself. If he's defending himself, why would he immediately give up afterwards? That massive rant also struck me as being kind of town, although it's a really weak arguement. Also, I don't really like Ranmaru's disregard of PRs. There's a decent chance Joey's weak doc, and lynching a PR is pretty much the last we want right now.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the situation between JeXs and Jay as I don't have particularly good reads on either of them. It's kind of a case of intuition vs logic. Jay's actions were previously slightly paranoid and overly defensive, kind of like how an inexperienced mafioso would play. However, the same arguement could be applied to an inexperienced town, and my intuition tells me Jay's merely cracking under pressure, but isn't actually mafia. But then again, he's fooled me once, it could easily happen again. JeXs is a similar case. Unfortunately, much of what he's said has been about meta, which I cannot relate to. My intuition tells me he's town, but his read of Ranmaru is rather confronting. I don't understand how he could be willing to sacrifice himself, who he knows is town, for Ranmaru. The only particularly logical scenario is they are both mafia, but that also doesn't make sense, as him being lynched won't really help Ranmaru.
Hate to say it, but yeah this will be fairly typical of Gheb. To be fair though, he's in Europe and often isn't on at the same time as all of us to post. But usually you can count on him to come in hard and fast when he feels he has something to say, you just have to be persistent. I expect either he'll respond to some more things or we'll oust him as Zen wants, but atm I think it's too soon.

As far as why on Jex, the only reason Jex as scum with Ran would actually want to die for him would be if Ran had a better PR. I don't think that's what's happening, more likely he's making a point about how strongly he feels about Ran in an effort to get others to agree, either town or scum motivated.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Ok. Though I fully expect Joey to come in and put him at L-1, so someone still unvote regardless.

JeXs

Smash Champion
As far as why on Jex, the only reason Jex as scum with Ran would actually want to die for him would be if Ran had a better PR. I don't think that's what's happening, more likely he's making a point about how strongly he feels about Ran in an effort to get others to agree, either town or scum motivated.
What is the scum motivation behind my defending of Ranmaru?

JeXs

Smash Champion
And as scum I would want defend him so hard that I would offer myself for a lynch over him, when a scum flip from either of us would condemn the other. Best scum strategy ever.

Top Bottom