• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Have you ever played a game with Gheb?

How is this different than any other game that Gheb has been in. What makes this anger fake? Are you saying this based on this game specifically and not his meta or are you including his meta? I don't understand how you come to this conclusion nor do I understand how you can use this as reasoning to push his slot.

My confidence in JeXs scum depends on how he responds to me.

Jaytheunseen is someone I need to re-read. I don't remember his early game posts outside of making excuses not to vote one way or the other for whatever reason (I don't understand why not voting for a specific role would be scummy though), but I agree that I don't like his current play. I may or may not want him dead more than JeXs depending on how JeXs responds to me.

Other scum reads will come later (mostly because I don't have my thoughts sorted out yet).

@ Alakaslam Alakaslam why was I a "maybe", and you need to give reasoning for your read on JeXs.

@Zenny "He does get bored as mafia, but I don't think he'd be anymore excited to play D1 than he would D0." needs to be defined more. I don't understand why you would think like this and check him out as a town read when both you and him were pushing a "scum benefit from discussion in this phase a lot" meaning that him wanting to stay in that phase would be suspicious.
Quite simple.

I suck at scumreading, so I sheep people whom I have seen perform in the past and allow for my weakest townreads.

I townread very quickly.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh, I guess Ranmaru didn't question what I wanted to question. Oops.

@ Maven89 Maven89 I agree that JeXs thinking that the vig should shoot every night is weird, but why would mafia bank on that being a thing? Why is that not null? Also, "He gets angry as mafia" is not a legitimate reason to be suspicious of anyone ever. :|

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I know. Yet you didn't state how it affects your read on him. Bodes well isn't specific enough.

Yes to your other question. I'm telling you that you are wrong. More solid with Alakaslam since I interacted with him, with Red Ryu it's more meta because I'd expect ScumRyu to be less invested as scum. I am interested in hearing what he has to say today. I think even Zen should be able to tell the difference from here and Deathnote mafia Alakaslam.

What do you mean technically? Did you (or were you able to) read the game of deathnote?

Maven89

Smash Master
@ Maven89 Maven89 I agree that JeXs thinking that the vig should shoot every night is weird, but why would mafia bank on that being a thing? Why is that not null? Also, "He gets angry as mafia" is not a legitimate reason to be suspicious of anyone ever. :|
those are poor reasons, it's why i'm not voting for him. they can go either way

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Oh, I guess Ranmaru didn't question what I wanted to question. Oops.

Wait we have an unlimited vig?

That is an awesome power if they gave it to us. If this person could somehow claim without telling scum we would have two lynches XD

Unfortunately they can't though, so, trying to direct them is bad. If they derp, let them derp only as often as they feel sure; if they are clueless and told to shoot every night they will up and join the scum by accident

They would become our Jonah boy

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I know. Yet you didn't state how it affects your read on him. Bodes well isn't specific enough.

Yes to your other question. I'm telling you that you are wrong. More solid with Alakaslam since I interacted with him, with Red Ryu it's more meta because I'd expect ScumRyu to be less invested as scum. I am interested in hearing what he has to say today. I think even Zen should be able to tell the difference from here and Deathnote mafia Alakaslam.

What do you mean technically? Did you (or were you able to) read the game of deathnote?
Am I that different?

Dam my mafia game sucks then XD

Maven89

Smash Master
I put Gheb at 50-50. I'm not really going to list more because I'm still waiting for him to post something, and Gheb is a major read I want locked down so instead of giving him pointers I'm just going to let him post.

Yes to your other question.
It was rhetorical

More solid with Alakaslam since I interacted with him, with Red Ryu it's more meta because I'd expect ScumRyu to be less invested as scum. I am interested in hearing what he has to say today. I think even Zen should be able to tell the difference from here and Deathnote mafia Alakaslam.
Are those the only two mafia games you've played? Because people swap up their play style all the time

No, I didn't read it. It was a bad idea for me to replace in. The only action I took was killing you which I did because my scum mates told me to. I don't even know who played in it

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ Alakaslam Alakaslam : Yes. Your Deathnote mafia game was an exact replica of your scum game in Diablo3 mafia. Yet I wasn't able to see it there until the very end.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I put Gheb at 50-50. I'm not really going to list more because I'm still waiting for him to post something, and Gheb is a major read I want locked down so instead of giving him pointers I'm just going to let him post.
Fair enough.

It was rhetorical
Oh.

Are those the only two mafia games you've played? Because people swap up their play style all the time
No. First game I played with Alaka was a mini here, he was town and we buddied to victory. Same as here. Diablo3 turned out differently, he burned me in the end by turning against me whenever he could. I just didn't focus on it as much, interacted with him in Deathnote mafia, and saw that he was being stubborn to work with me. Like him so far and don't have a problem with him at the moment.

No, I didn't read it. It was a bad idea for me to replace in. The only action I took was killing you which I did because my scum mates told me to. I don't even know who played in it
Lmao.

omfg stupid chrome ad or whatever... takes me to another page. So glad this was saved in the quick reply box.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Oh. Because I want to hear your explanation right now. I am currently voting Gheb right now, and want to know why you townread him. Also interested in you bringing up Jex and Wott after backing down on your push on me and zen. So please answer.
All right,fair enough.
First,Jexs and Wots I brought up because it was something I noted,while I don't think it's scum proof,I think it is noteworthy and brought it to the attention of others.

As for Gheb,let me rephrase what I said-I haven't sen something to make me think he is scum.So my read is town atm.

Maven89

Smash Master
All right,fair enough.
First,Jexs and Wots I brought up because it was something I noted,while I don't think it's scum proof,I think it is noteworthy and brought it to the attention of others.

As for Gheb,let me rephrase what I said-I haven't sen something to make me think he is scum.So my read is town atm.
wait who are your scum reads?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@Zenny I'd like to say first your case against me does not feel like you are scum trying to lynch me.

But,I did read the post you told me to.In fact I read it BEFORE you asked me to.Nor did I ignore pro jan posts.In fact I unvoted jan in the end.

And to my recollection you NEVER told me to post my thoughts on your own posts.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@Zenny I'd like to say first your case against me does not feel like you are scum trying to lynch me.

But,I did read the post you told me to.In fact I read it BEFORE you asked me to.Nor did I ignore pro jan posts.In fact I unvoted jan in the end.

And to my recollection you NEVER told me to post my thoughts on your own posts.
All right I'm sorry,going back this is all wrong.You wanted me to vote Jan,and I never did.BUT,that dosen't mean I never considered it.
Just because I didn't discuss it with you dosen't mean I didn't think about your points.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not pushing you, that is quite the stretch. Why shouldn't I ask you questions?
Before you said you didn't want to put too many votes on me. Now there is only 1 vote on me so I'm wondering if you are still going by the same logic.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm not pushing you, that is quite the stretch. Why shouldn't I ask you questions?
Before you said you didn't want to put too many votes on me. Now there is only 1 vote on me so I'm wondering if you are still going by the same logic.
You're not pushing me?lol
Everything I've said in the last page you've told me to elaborate.
And you haven't really done that to anyone else.What is your reason?
Because I've played poorly as town thus far and am looking like scum?So you want to push me into the spotlight and cause me to make more mistakes?
That's what it's looking like to me.

2ndly,I don't want to vote now because I lack evidence.Switching votes a lot can look scummy.Just look at my behavior on d0.I switched votes a lot and people are thinking that looks scum.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
You're not pushing me?lol
Everything I've said in the last page you've told me to elaborate.
And you haven't really done that to anyone else.What is your reason?
Because I've played poorly as town thus far and am looking like scum?So you want to push me into the spotlight and cause me to make more mistakes?
That's what it's looking like to me.

2ndly,I don't want to vote now because I lack evidence.Switching votes a lot can look scummy.Just look at my behavior on d0.I switched votes a lot and people are thinking that looks scum.
The only way for anyone to advance in reading anyone is to improve and expand the content of the thread; making you clarify does both.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The only way for anyone to advance in reading anyone is to improve and expand the content of the thread; making you clarify does both.
He was doing so excessively,no one else was targeting me like that and he was not targeting anyone else with it either

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Yes and no
Hence you are quite new.

Scum tips #1: You are not a team. You are alone. You are fearless.

Watch your teammates for any sort of slip and pounce like a feirce hawk the moment they slip

Be fearless that you may not slip yourself

Be not a team so that you may never implicate the others

Be alone that you may seem to have no information.

Easier said than done.

##Unvote
##Vote: Jaytheunseen

This is a push.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
He was doing so excessively,no one else was targeting me like that and he was not targeting anyone else with it either
Might seem that way.

He has been asking me a good bit and I have been clear and direct in my replies (I would hope)

You appear to be dodging and pointing to others. Paranoia I would associate with scum in a new player although newness to mafia is generally wifom.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Might seem that way.

He has been asking me a good bit and I have been clear and direct in my replies (I would hope)

You appear to be dodging and pointing to others. Paranoia I would associate with scum in a new player although newness to mafia is generally wifom.
How am I dodging?I've answered his questions.

Why is it my actions are dodges and accusations(which mean scum),but not Ran.He posted a bad answer to my question to why he was pushing me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is it my actions are dodges and accusations(which mean scum),but not Ran.He posted a bad answer to my question to why he was pushing me.
That was simply a misunderstanding, not a dodge. I thought you were talking about your own reads, not the players themselves. So technically I did answer. At least I showed an attempt to.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
That was simply a misunderstanding, not a dodge. I thought you were talking about your own reads, not the players themselves. So technically I did answer. At least I showed an attempt to.
I was referring to this.

Anyway
Vote Ranamru

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
For the rest, it is time!

Speak into the eyes of CHUPAZI

Know the ones who follow unto HIJOLE

Seek the unknown wisdom

Gheb is there an unknown wisdom to which you contribute? Or do you seek unknown wisdom?

Maven, art thou one Wolf or a coyote?

Jexs you too, wolf or coyote?

RosalinaGS, Zenny, Jexs, I forget who else, what happened to our tea party?

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
How am I dodging?I've answered his questions.

Not accusations, pointing to others.

The CHUPAZI had stumbled which is not my intent

I mean trying to move suspicion away from yourself more often than finding it in others.

Top Bottom