• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Your thoughts Jexs?

I just don't want to drag it out. I want to get to dayplay. Meaning, RVS. I just think of this phase as picking roles.

Vote: Jan and Roleblock

Cool with hypo.
He wants random lynches?

It looks like Ran isn't as scummy as I thought.He ssaid things I 2nd,like how people FoSed for disagreements rather than reasons.
But near the 2nd half is when he starts getting annoyed at the longevity of the phase.
I agree with his irritation at all the FoSes,BUT what I don't like is him wanting to get the phase over so we can get to real votes.If we based votes off disagreements we're heading in a bad direction.

So neither he nor Zen were really aggressive to those who they disagreed with.I'm glad I didn't vote.

Jexs wanted to not have vengeful a lot though,thinking it feels like the weakest of the 3 as maf can't control it.

Wots didn't post much 2nd half.

Jexy whatchu think bout gheb n zen so far?
let u know day 1
As a side note Jexs,you never did say

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jexs wanted to not have vengeful a lot though,thinking it feels like the weakest of the 3 as maf can't control it.

Wots didn't post much 2nd half.y
Expand. Are they scum for it? If so, why aren't you voting?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Didn't want to say it then but I was also suspicious because I figured mafia would be less interested in that phase, they have less control and wouldn't be able to take part in trying to guess what roles we got, so they'd be way more bored with the phase then a townie trying to figure it out. That and your rush and your claim (still slightly pushing it) that the day 0 phase was worthless is ridiculous.
Difference with me is that I have already made my mind up by the time I first voted. To me it was between Godfather and Jan, and I definitely didn't want Jan. Vengeful was just a compromise to me. Besides, I realized that either way, we'd possibly waste an extra day phase, or sacrifice an extra player.

It's simply my preference to go straight to Day 1. I realized people still wanted to discuss roles and therefore I slowed down (or rather, switched gears and tried to scumhunt), and then it got to the point of apathy and uncertainty. Consider that I would want to just play a normal game of an open setup. I'm the type of guy to ignore setup analysis and go straight to scumhunting. Did you not notice this during Deathnote Mafia?

Oh look, Ran suspecting me for disliking his slot. This is new.

Vote: Ranmaru

Yeah I still don't like you trying to rush the role voting phase. You mention page 16, yet you started to rush it on Page 8. Why are you bringing page 16 up when it has nothing to do with my suspicion towards you? Also, go through hoops? We literally [no mention of the word scumhunted was mentioned here] discussed the roles that we thought would give town the best potential outcome in this game (something we are supposed to be doing regardless) and we got reads out of that. How is that going through hoops?

Also, I'm voting you because how you wanted to play that out was suspicious. You were trying to rush the voting phase before people like myself and Red Ryu could get in to comment (you even mentioned that we weren't posting much yourself), which is suspicious. You calling it a difference of opinions is simply incorrect.

Now you're sitting on two scum reads via OMGUS (and you even had to say that the third person suspecting you wasn't scum-read worthy because he's inexperienced) aside from one comment towards Gheb about him trying to get the masonizer to claim.

Your scum-reads are bad and your handling of the role voting phase was horrid
Blue, look at the red for your answer.

After page 9, how many posts of substance have you provided (excluding the ones that have to do with me)? You didn't do much with the extra 7 pages we had. Did I really stop you and Ryu from posting your thoughts? Was I even close? Regardless, my intent was not to silence you both. My intent was to start playing in Day1. You know I like to play the early game. You know it's pro-scum to let the game stagnate.

What I feel is suspicious is you not doing much to advance the stage at all. You were just being stubborn and you never helped others to understand what is really the best roles wise. You just sat there.

EBWOP: Saying "he's wrong and therefore scummy because he's trying to paint me in a bad light" is not a legitimate response. It's OMGUS and nothing else.
What is more suspicious is that you try to wave it off as omgus when it's actually you using bad points to scumread me. You don't even care to respond to my rebuttal. You only label it as omgus so you can carry on the fake scumread, because if you were town you'd consider both sides.

He wants random lynches?
Why did you ask this? Please expand.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Random Voting Stage, not Random Lynch Stage.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
"This post's number mod 247 will equal a number between 1 and (roster). The player that is lynched by the number this post lands on, which cannot be gamed as the posts are constantly counting sitewide, will be our day 1 lynch.

Begin."

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
"This post's number mod 247 will equal a number between 1 and (roster). The player that is lynched by the number this post lands on, which cannot be gamed as the posts are constantly counting sitewide, will be our day 1 lynch.

Begin."
Come again?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sup Alakaslam. Got any ideas as to who's scum?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Blue, look at the red for your answer.
Just because the words "scum hunt" weren't mentioned doesn't mean we had to put in a ton of effort in order to get reads. Reads came along naturally because disagreements happened.

After page 9, how many posts of substance have you provided (excluding the ones that have to do with me)? You didn't do much with the extra 7 pages we had. Did I really stop you and Ryu from posting your thoughts? Was I even close? Regardless, my intent was not to silence you both. My intent was to start playing in Day1. You know I like to play the early game. You know it's pro-scum to let the game stagnate.
It's not the fact that I could or couldn't have posted more. It's the fact that if you were to be successful with your intentions, then you would have shut down the opportunity for people such as myself (that weren't as active in the first 8 pages) to throw in our opinion, meaning you wouldn't have gotten all of the town's thoughts on the roles.

You weren't close because the phase wasn't rushed. If you were to be successful in rushing the phase, then yes you would have stopped myself and Ryu (more-so Ryu since I mostly agreed with Gheb) amongst others from posting our thoughts which would have stopped conversation, plus the discussion between me and you would have never happened. "You know I like to play the early game" doesn't apply when you were attempting to shut down part of the early game.

The game didn't stagnate until almost 8 pages later than when you were initially trying to rush the phase, so saying that it's pro-scum to let the game stagnate doesn't apply since there were multiple people that haven't shared their thoughts (which is why it took so long to get through the phase).

What I feel is suspicious is you not doing much to advance the stage at all. You were just being stubborn and you never helped others to understand what is really the best roles wise. You just sat there.
I stated my opinion on each role. I didn't go big into discussion because Gheb summed everything up really nicely. The people that didn't want Janitor were people that recently got screwed over by a janitor, while my lack of experience with roles like masonizer + godfather and vengeful mafia made me more uninformed on the topic than most. Regardless, the anti-janitor side was really clear in saying that we as a town needed as much information as we could get, and the janitor role ruined that for us. Like, it's really straight forward.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let me quote myself a bit here:

I'm with Zen. Let's just get the day started. If people really want to treat this as Day 1 at least give FOS's or fake votes.
Some people were doing this, not all. You need a good early game to have a good town game, and this is why staying in the role picking stage for 16 pages annoyed me. I can't scumhunt or at least have a big picture when most people are discussing roles. My only leads at the time was Seal, Joey, and Jaytheunseen, because the focus wasn't scumhunting, but role discussion. Yet, I even said in the red that if people still wanted to treat it as Day 1 that they at least try to scumhunt. Yet the only people fos'ing were... Gheb, Ryu, Maven, and Zen. Joey and a bit of Jay after my sentiments to start Day 1 already. Some wouldn't even talk about scumreeads/players until Day 1. Only after many many pages was I able to develop solid reads, so even though I don't prefer it, I still made use of it to find scum. To me, it is like pre-game that is focused on roles with some scumhunting, not the actual game. So please try to see from my perspective here.

1. Just because the words "scum hunt" weren't mentioned doesn't mean we had to put in a ton of effort in order to get reads. Reads came along naturally because [hoops] happened.

2. It's not the fact that I could or couldn't have posted more. It's the fact that if you were to be successful with your intentions, then you would have shut down the opportunity for people such as myself (that weren't as active in the first 8 pages) to throw in our opinion, meaning you wouldn't have gotten all of the town's thoughts on the roles.

3. You weren't close because the phase wasn't rushed. If you were to be successful in rushing the phase, then yes you would have stopped myself and Ryu (more-so Ryu since I mostly agreed with Gheb) amongst others from posting our thoughts which would have stopped conversation, plus the discussion between me and you would have never happened. "You know I like to play the early game" doesn't apply when you were attempting to shut down part of the early game.

4. The game didn't stagnate until almost 8 pages later than when you were initially trying to rush the phase, so saying that it's pro-scum to let the game stagnate doesn't apply since there were multiple people that haven't shared their thoughts (which is why it took so long to get through the phase).
1. Yes we did. It took a long while before there was content that could be looked at as suspicious.
2. I don't think that would have been the case. And yet Ryu had plenty of time to post and he did post a plenty.
3. The discussion between you and me... was about rushing a phase that I don't care about... if the phase didn't exist it would never happen. Plus, what do you call 'this' phase that we are in right now then? (That's the phase I was trying to get to)
4. I'll take this point back.

Finally, why does this make me scum and not town?
Is there no way you could see this from a Townran? Why not?
What did you think of Gheb's early actions and FOS's? (Against Maven and Red Ryu)

This is my last post addressed to you, Joey, as I do not want to continue arguing in circles.

JeXs

Smash Champion
He wants random lynches?

It looks like Ran isn't as scummy as I thought.He ssaid things I 2nd,like how people FoSed for disagreements rather than reasons.
But near the 2nd half is when he starts getting annoyed at the longevity of the phase.
I agree with his irritation at all the FoSes,BUT what I don't like is him wanting to get the phase over so we can get to real votes.If we based votes off disagreements we're heading in a bad direction.

So neither he nor Zen were really aggressive to those who they disagreed with.I'm glad I didn't vote.

Wots didn't post much 2nd half.

As a side note Jexs,you never did say
Zen likely town

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's what I mean by 'expand on your new scumreads'.

JeXs

Smash Champion
also ppl been throwing around my name as a scum read but i have seen literally 0 reasoning, seems very odd imo

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
That's what I am saying

The defense omgus

I so read ranmaru as good that the ppl wanting him out I see as scummy

You do not lynch ranmaru day 1.

Wanting to do so I see as scummy.

Top Bottom