• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@ ranmaru ranmaru do you have any reads/suspicions from what has been presented thus far?
At the time I didn't. At this time I do. I was hoping for RVS but there won't be a need for it anymore. It's already become apparent to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He doesn't really mean it when he says "I doubt things will change so". He isn't compromising because he feels apathetic about the phase continuing, he is actually parroting change from Godfather to Vengeful. Remember that he had some odd reason for wanting Godfather without even listening to reason, and now simply wants Vengeful without much reason at all.

anti-town

Zack Fair/marshy
day rolecop (0)
vengeful mafiate (5) - gheb red ryu joey maven jaytheunseen
1 shot janitor (6) - zenny jexs rosalina seal alakaslam ranmaru
godfather (1) - wott

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Parity is the even/odd-ness of something. In mafia, it is typically applied to the total number of people still alive in the game. For the mafia to win, they must have equal or 1 more person alive than us. For us to have the greatest chance of lynching correctly, even if we vote randomly, we should have the least amount of people so that we last the longest number of days. Essentially, this means it's better to have an odd number of people, than that odd number of people + 1, since we would still lose on the same day, but we have a higher chance of lynching correctly and therefore winning.
Various PRs are able to interfere with the effectiveness of this strategy, e.g. docs saving people, or vigilante killing another person or vengeful allowing mafia to get another kill. If doc saves, we can easily remedy that by no lynching. We can tell vigilante not to kill etc. However, vengeful means that if we have an odd number of people, we may actually die on a previous day than if we had the odd number +1. As such, vengeful means the application of parity is significantly more complicated and may actually be detrimental to our success. As such, I believe vengeful to be a more damaging role than janitor, simply as it disencourages parity, and thus can greatly reduce our chances of lynching correctly.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Don't know what peolpe mean when hey say I'm parroting but whatever.
I thought it would be hammered if I voted vengeful but eh.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Parity is the even/odd-ness of something. In mafia, it is typically applied to the total number of people still alive in the game. For the mafia to win, they must have equal or 1 more person alive than us. For us to have the greatest chance of lynching correctly, even if we vote randomly, we should have the least amount of people so that we last the longest number of days. Essentially, this means it's better to have an odd number of people, than that odd number of people + 1, since we would still lose on the same day, but we have a higher chance of lynching correctly and therefore winning.
Various PRs are able to interfere with the effectiveness of this strategy, e.g. docs saving people, or vigilante killing another person or vengeful allowing mafia to get another kill. If doc saves, we can easily remedy that by no lynching. We can tell vigilante not to kill etc. However, vengeful means that if we have an odd number of people, we may actually die on a previous day than if we had the odd number +1. As such, vengeful means the application of parity is significantly more complicated and may actually be detrimental to our success. As such, I believe vengeful to be a more damaging role than janitor, simply as it disencourages parity, and thus can greatly reduce our chances of lynching correctly.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I was planning to unvote when I came back,I wasn't ready to make a commitment for this reason
if janitor screws us over we get permanent "i told you so" rights. for eternity
unless there was a general consensus.

Though I honestly now feel venge was the best but I have no idea what any of these roles are like so whatevah.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We gave out more than we needed to, but I do think there has been some useful content. I agree with Maven that it's pretty cool how this set up skips RVS.

Before I go: JeXs, Alakaslam, and RosalinaSGS I call upon a female avatar alliance. And by alliance I mean coalition, and by coalition I mean nothing, other than that we continue to fill pages such as these with feminine grace.

First order of business, shall we recruit Masquerain and/or Jay? Shall the pokegenders be treated as neutral or should we base it off their appearance in the wild? If the latter, then I would say nay on Jay as Greninja has almost a 90% male appearance. Masquerain on the other hand is 50/50....so it could go either way.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually feel more like we went through RQS rather than RVS, yet I have gotten solid reads through it anyways. I'm ready eddy.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
We gave out more than we needed to, but I do think there has been some useful content. I agree with Maven that it's pretty cool how this set up skips RVS.

Before I go: JeXs, Alakaslam, and RosalinaSGS I call upon a female avatar alliance. And by alliance I mean coalition, and by coalition I mean nothing, other than that we continue to fill pages such as these with feminine grace.

First order of business, shall we recruit Masquerain and/or Jay? Shall the pokegenders be treated as neutral or should we base it off their appearance in the wild? If the latter, then I would say nay on Jay as Greninja has almost a 90% male appearance. Masquerain on the other hand is 50/50....so it could go either way.
?????????????????????????????????????

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to sleep now. Good habits start now.

Top Bottom