• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

Uncle Ruckus

Gorf|marshy
day rolecop (0)
vengeful mafiate (5) - alakaslam gheb maven red ryu ranmaru
1 shot janitor (4) - zenny jexs rosalina seal
godfather (2) - wott joey

not voting jaytheunseen

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm fine with Vengeful as a compromise, definitely do not want Godfather. This is dragging on for far too long.

Gheb I'll get to your post later today. Have class soon.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I'm fine with Vengeful as a compromise, definitely do not want Godfather. This is dragging on for far too long.

Gheb I'll get to your post later today. Have class soon.
I am tired.

Ran if I switch will you? I want to get this over with even if it is not exactly what I want. I sux at pyp theory anyway.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How have you guys let Gheb do this. That credibility post was so dumb; especially since gheb consistently loses games, or at least consistently pushes mislynches and bad strategy.

If you look at the town win rate or accuracy rate over the past 3-4 years for the "for jan" group, even with new players, compared to the "for veng" group, you will see a pretty significant gap. I can bring up data if necessary, but this has already reached a level of pettiness that is barely tolerable. I just can't allow Gheb to use ad hominem (which he relies on in every game ever) and actually get away with it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
How have you guys let Gheb do this. That credibility post was so dumb; especially since gheb consistently loses games, or at least consistently pushes mislynches and bad strategy.

If you look at the town win rate or accuracy rate over the past 3-4 years for the "for jan" group, even with new players, compared to the "for veng" group, you will see a pretty significant gap. I can bring up data if necessary, but this has already reached a level of pettiness that is barely tolerable. I just can't allow Gheb to use ad hominem (which he relies on in every game ever) and actually get away with it.
lol

:059:

Maven89

Smash Master

this is the least self aware post i've ever seen

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You criticized him for ad hominem when your entire post was ad hominem against everyone who disagreed with you
You're right. I feel like both posts were equally as pitiful, but I also feel like the only way to deconstruct an ad hominem argument is to present facts to the contrary. Though I guess I didn't have to go into Gheb specifically. That came about more from grumpiness.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My post wasn't really ad hominem though. The point is that the people who are so adamantly against a Janitor actually know their **** when it comes to that role. Not because they're smarter or better and not because everybody else is stupid but because they have very recent experience with a Janitor. It may or may not be coincidence that the people who argue in favor of Janitor don't have that experience. But that's not arguing on a personal level at all.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Your argument is false though. I have recent experience with janitor and multiple previous experiences. As does Ran. Idk about JeXs. You're just discounting our experiences in favor of your argument.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Your argument is false though. I have recent experience with janitor and multiple previous experiences. As does Ran. Idk about JeXs. You're just discounting our experiences in favor of your argument.
None of these Janitors hid lynches though but NKs. That's a major difference.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I've played with day jan too (with multi shot, though the janned peeps were revealed after jan death). I very much understand how one could be opposed to it, but it just can't do as much as it seems in an open game design, which will become apparent as we get into the game.

Maven89

Smash Master
Unvote; Janitor

Vote: Vengeful

Honestly I'm starting to think that if other people don't make up their minds i'm going to flip back and forth for another 15 pages so someone else jump in

Maven89

Smash Master
for the record, at this moment I do not really care which of the two we give, I honestly don't know which one I prefer because i keep swapping in my own head, one moment vengeful seems better, then it seems too risky, then back and forth. Right now I just want the day to start, and I still stand that we're not going to lose the game because of the janitor or the vengeful.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gheb, I think the issue is that you guys are pulling your experiences from a closed set up. In an open design, the role has little power.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord

But gheb is consistently referred to as one of the people to go to when it comes to setup issues

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Unvote vote Jan

Jaytheunseen why did you switch?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Never mind we have vengeful instead. Still want to know why you voted that way Jay.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@ Maven89 Maven89 I needed to point our that only one person can be found out from the mason's role. You thought it was possible to use the following NKs to gain further information on them, except the mafia can easily WIFOM, meaning any information we infer from the NKs can be quite dramatically flawed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah. Maven as already one.

Vote: Vengeful

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
interesting change, I thought it was seven though given roleblocker needed seven.
We still do need seven, but currently we're only on six. So Ranmaru was wrong when he said "we have vengeful". (I'm assuming he meant vengeful has already been voted in)

Maven89

Smash Master
@ Maven89 Maven89 I needed to point our that only one person can be found out from the mason's role. You thought it was possible to use the following NKs to gain further information on them, except the mafia can easily WIFOM, meaning any information we infer from the NKs can be quite dramatically flawed.
oh right, i actually followed that post up with one stating i had misread the role.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
As I think about it, Vengeful seems like a worse and worse option. Whilst janitor does mean we lose a bit of information, if we apply Ranmaru's plan, we can minimise it's impact. On the other hand, Vengeful not only means we lose another innocent, we can no longer apply parity correctly and safely, which can strongly impact our chances of lynching correctly. As such, I don't particularly like it. If we compare the two, one loses us information, but we can try to minimise the impact of this loss. After all, it is only one flip. The other prevents us from properly using parity, making it more likely we'll lynch incorrectly, and we lose another innocent.

Top Bottom