• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
If we think they gave us vig why would we want a vengeful???
Although I myself am currently not too sure, I'm guessing they may simply be taking the easy way out, as many are opposed to either godfather or janitor. Some believe one isn't too bad, whilst the others believe it's the spawn of Satan. However, both sides, I think, haven't really discussed it, and as such are apathetic towards it, and are somewhat willing to compromise.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ What makes a janitor so bad from your perspective?
Town absolutely needs to see the alignment of a lynched player. It's mod confirmed info and therefore the only hard evidence that we have control over. We're not giving that control away even if it's only one-shot.

:059:

Seal

Smash Journeyman
It is anti-town for you not to answer. It is pro-scum to stay in this phase any longer, because they can simply not do anything and avoid being pressured, since there is no way to vote or lynch now. You not giving out any content also prevents others and myself from reading you. The only way to read a player who banks on his defense is to pressure him. What is your response to that? Will you still hold on to your reads?

Vote: Jan

@Zenny @Maven: You both have played with a Town Seal. Is this indicative of his past town play?
I voted so clearly I'm not trying to stay in this phase. Why do you have to pressure me when nobody can even claim? I don't think that my reads on other people can tell you if I'm scum or town.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't actually think it is that unlikely the mafia gave us mason. Out of the three investigative roles, weak doc, cop and mason, mason is probably the weakest. With weak doc, although they might accidentally die, chances are good they would clear at least one person, meanwhile also saving them. Cop must first work out his sanity, and only then can he work out allegiances, but eventually he'll work out as many people as there have been days. Mason can clear a max of 3 people, and typically only 2. As one of the three must be chosen, mason is probably the most likely.
1.) Mason >>> Cop. Mason can't be counterclaimed, gives reliable results and allows for private communication. 2 clears going into D3 is pretty good and puts mafia into a terrible position. They have to choose between keeping two clears around [the masonizer and the masoned slot] or giving them access to yet another clear. Mason with a successfull recruit in D3 can already screw the game for scum. Cop at best has 1 reliable result by that time.

2.) Pretty sure I'm the only one who knew how good WDoc is prior to this Day phase. The only other player who might've seen it before is Ryu but I don't think he remembers. Even a seasoned player like Zen was unaware of the WDoc's ability to clear people. It's easily possible that nobody among the scumteam realized the investigative implication of the WDoc to begin with. Thus I think WDoc is one of the more likely roles given to us.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
On one side, we have people saying "The mafia would totally push for Godfather!" and on the other "The mafia would totally push for Jan!" so you are simply guessing between zen/me/jex and gheb/wott/maven simply due to difference of opinions. It's speculation without any evidence.
"Without any evidence"?!?!? Look at Ryu's upick mafia and how the janitor completely ****ed us up and then tell me again there's no evidence that mafia would LOVE to have a janitor on their side. GF on the other hand has never actually done anything to a town ever, though I acknowledge it can hurt town in this setup. Not nearly as mch as Janitor though.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ran is ridiculously scummy. The way he manipulates Rosa's lack of experience for his agenda of getting scum a Janitor is disgusting. So is him buddying obvtwonZen and him singling out Seal as his push.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For Janitor:
Zen - known for sometimes erratic decision making. No relevant experience with Janitors.
Ranmaru - most suspicious player by far. No relevant experience with Janitors.
Rosa - no relevant experience with Janitors. Generally inexperienced.
Seal - no relevant experience with Janitors. Generally inexperienced.

Against Janitor:
Joey - relevant experience with Janitors in at least one recent game.
Maven - relevant experience with Janitors in at least one recent game.
WATT - both heads of the hydra have relevant experience with Janitors.
Ryu - has recently hosted a game where town got wrecked by a Janitor.
Gheb - this dude knows what's up.

Seriously guys, why are we even considering giving mafia a Janitor? We're not giving it to them. This shouldn't be up for debate anymore. It simply isn't an option.

Vote Vengeful Mafiate

Zen has successfully convinced me that we shouldn't give scum a GF. The masonizer is just too good to have its potential ruined by a fraudulent GF and idgaf about the Cop in this setup before we've reached D3.

Maven89

Smash Master
@Zenny @Maven: You both have played with a Town Seal. Is this indicative of his past town play?

Yes but it's a habbit that I feel he needs to be broken of, or at least tone down. Pretty aggressive, but plays entirely defensively and will openly admit to changing his views/strats based on public opinion and if he thinks he'll die or not

Rosalina why did you quote me twice, say "not true", but then come to the same conclusion I did?

JeXs

Smash Champion
I voted so clearly I'm not trying to stay in this phase. Why do you have to pressure me when nobody can even claim? I don't think that my reads on other people can tell you if I'm scum or town.
I recommend not relying entirely on claims for information. And yes, your reads on others is indicative of your alignment.

JeXs

Smash Champion
3v9

assuming weak doc/mason/vig
worst case scenario = mislynch + vig misfires, mason and weak doc targets mafia, we lose 4 members, making it a 3v5
day 2 = we lynch scum, but vengeful flips, we are down to 2v3 assuming vig does not shoot in fear of hitting town
day 2 lylo isnt as bad as a single hidden flip?

JeXs

Smash Champion
its not as bad for doc/weak doc/vig but still heavily favors scum number wise

JeXs

Smash Champion
3v9

assuming weak doc/mason/vig
worst case scenario = mislynch + vig misfires, mason and weak doc targets mafia, we lose 4 members, making it a 3v5
day 2 = we lynch scum, but vengeful flips, we are down to 2v3 assuming vig does not shoot in fear of hitting town
day 2 lylo isnt as bad as a single hidden flip?
sorry day 3 lylo

JeXs

Smash Champion
The more we go on about this day, the more we reveal to the mafia.

I have plans, Ruy...plans.

Sigh. Day Jan (1x at that) cannot do the damage that you guys are suggesting. I'm tired of telling the mafia how to play, but look: scum trying to claim a PR this game will **** them. We can use CCs to our advantage. The only CC that mafia can claim is cop, which I highly doubt there is. There is not going to be any PR WIFOM. Any CC scenario will force scum into proving their role and/or face-off against the real PR. In most of the cases, we do not LYNCH between the CCs. We have them take care of themselves during the night :demon:.

Vig CCs: Each Vig aims at each other. Mafia will have to either die along with Vig; no kill + RB (which just puts in the same position with them wasting their RB); or RB + Kill the Vig, leaving them outted for the next day baby.

WDoc CCs: Each Doc targets each other. The real doc will die no matter what, leaving scum outted. Aside from the first, they have the same options as above.

Mason CCs: Dat proof. Mafia could actually CC this by having their scumbud claim to be their recruit, but lmao that would be amazing. All we would have to do then, is lynch one out of the pairs. If we lynch town, then two of the scum are outted. If we lynch scum, then we have the other scum and our Mason is conserved.

Doc CCs: If this is the case we could either (A) lynch one and have Vig off the other, (B) leave them both alive and choose one for Vig or (Weak Doc if there was one), to target. In the mean time we lynch another scum bag.

Cop CCs: Same as above.

So long as Town always tells the truth about their claims when they are going to be lynched (i.e VTs do not lie about being a PR) we will not have to worry about CCs or JANITOR. If scum Jans a VT lynch we know it was either a VT or scum and we will never have to worry about it for the rest of the game. This is especially true, if they use it D1 as many are suggesting. And if they wait to use it past day 1, the more chance we have at lynching Jan and the more information we will have gained--Making Jan weaker and weaker in its ability to obscere information from us.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu @ Seal Seal @ Maven89 Maven89 @JayTheUnseen @Ranmaru @Alakaslam

Enough of this, enough. We've already given scum enough about how to play the game. Read this post, absorb it. Vote Jan, and let's end this.
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
have you read this post? if so, pls respond to it since you are so heavily against jan. why did you seem to ignore it completely?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Day 2 Lylo is fine if we can stay accountable me thinks.

But...hmm would we might make the game go turbo mode in a bad way given worst case situation. Do we want this? No.

Hmm, Gheb's thoughts on this?

JeXs

Smash Champion
also did you read my post carefully thats assuming vig doesnt shoot night 2 if he does and he hits down then we lose on night 2 which is the true worst case scenario

JeXs

Smash Champion
More mafia and players.

It ending in a day 2 Lylo wouldn't be that bad to me than a hidden flip and even then that requires all if town to screw up with the PRs.
losing asap in the worst case scenario isnt as bad as a hidden flip kk pls just vote jan
Because he's not confident of his target?
bad vig

JeXs

Smash Champion
also ryu have you read zens post if you have pls tell me why jan is still so bad

Top Bottom