• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pick yur poison | ovah

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I'm going to sleep now. Good habits start now.
Ah lol. School starts starts tommorrow for me too.

We gave out more than we needed to, but I do think there has been some useful content. I agree with Maven that it's pretty cool how this set up skips RVS.

Before I go: JeXs, Alakaslam, and RosalinaSGS I call upon a female avatar alliance. And by alliance I mean coalition, and by coalition I mean nothing, other than that we continue to fill pages such as these with feminine grace.

First order of business, shall we recruit Masquerain and/or Jay? Shall the pokegenders be treated as neutral or should we base it off their appearance in the wild? If the latter, then I would say nay on Jay as Greninja has almost a 90% male appearance. Masquerain on the other hand is 50/50....so it could go either way.
You're on! And pokemon should be based on appearance in wild.
@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen What happened to the ponies? :(

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Mmm, might as well. Well then, first thing, although it goes against parity, I think we should lynch today. Not sure who, but I'm reasonably a doc exists, and that they would probably be able to save someone over the course of the game. As such, I think our chances are better if we lynch today. Not sure who, but we should lynch.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Parity is the even/odd-ness of something. In mafia, it is typically applied to the total number of people still alive in the game. For the mafia to win, they must have equal or 1 more person alive than us. For us to have the greatest chance of lynching correctly, even if we vote randomly, we should have the least amount of people so that we last the longest number of days. Essentially, this means it's better to have an odd number of people, than that odd number of people + 1, since we would still lose on the same day, but we have a higher chance of lynching correctly and therefore winning.
Various PRs are able to interfere with the effectiveness of this strategy, e.g. docs saving people, or vigilante killing another person or vengeful allowing mafia to get another kill. If doc saves, we can easily remedy that by no lynching. We can tell vigilante not to kill etc. However, vengeful means that if we have an odd number of people, we may actually die on a previous day than if we had the odd number +1. As such, vengeful means the application of parity is significantly more complicated and may actually be detrimental to our success. As such, I believe vengeful to be a more damaging role than janitor, simply as it disencourages parity, and thus can greatly reduce our chances of lynching correctly.

OMGBGYSCOMGWHBWYDYHAPYGSMB

marshy|dark horse
day rolecop (0)
vengeful mafiate (4) - gheb red ryu joey jaytheunseen
1 shot janitor (7) - zenny jexs rosalina seal alakaslam ranmaru maven
godfather (1) - wott

janitor + 2x roleblockerve been hammahd! games on pause til deyre properly distributed! d1 beginz shortly

Semper Hardbody

marshy|Orboknown
D1 BEGINZ

YALL GOT TIL 11 59 59 PM EST FEB 1 2 **** SOMEBODY UP

WIT 12 ****** IT TAKEZ 7 2 DUNK ON A FOOL

LET DA HARDBODY COMMENCE

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Personally my eye is on Ranamru and Zen(especially the former).
No one else caught my eye on d0 aside from them,let's see what they're thinking though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thinking out loud: We could have everybody claim whether they are the masonizer or not. If nobody claims to be the masonizer then it's 100% safe to give scum the GF [and nobody has to actually reveal their role]. If somebody actually claims masonizer though one of the Docs can protect him - in the hypothetical scenario of a masonizer claim 2 of the 4 remaining roles are protective [50% chance]. The only risk we take in that scenario if that mafia could've picked vig, cop and masonizer which would be extremely ballsy. But we'd know that it's better to not give them a GF and can expect a whole bunch of clears in little time - especially if we have a Weak Doc as well.

:059:
Dislike Gheb trying to get Masonizer to claim just to be able to go for GF.

Ran is ridiculously scummy. The way he manipulates Rosa's lack of experience for his agenda of getting scum a Janitor is disgusting. So is him buddying obvtwonZen and him singling out Seal as his push.

Gheb posting this is suspicious and malicious. He twists my actions to force a scumread on me. Me telling Rosa to vote instead of not do anything for a day was to poke her into being more proactive. Not to manipulate her. It's like chaingrabbing. You chaingrab but you are still in the same position as you were before, but with the enemy being at higher percent. Her not voting or even asking questions would not help her to understand the roles, and yet she has been active and thinking about this actively, and she even has her own opinions that are not reflections of others.

He then tries to force me buddying with Zen as a scumtell, when that is actually a nulltell. Yet I don't even remember buddying Zen, as I haven't even had a read of him yet.

Finally I don't understand his point about me singling out Seal. Seal seemed like scum who was parroting to simply vote onto Godfather. Seal as a likely candidate from a pool of Seal/Joey/Jaytheunseen. I now retract my scumread on Seal as I don't find scum would simply refuse to give reads and omgus as he has done in thread.

Also I agree with Maven. Ranmaru trying to rush this phase is stupid and very vote worthy. Especially when saying things like "When people continue to argue in circles and are even undecided between GF and Jan, it's time to pull your pants up and lock in and stop moaning."

By the way, in case it wasn't obvious, when you're stuck between Jan and GF, you try to convince one another and get discussion going instead of trying to rush one option for no particular reason so that we get more information from people in the long run. Remember that this is probably one of the most important decisions of the game. I don't understand how you could think that rushing through this phase is pro town considering the fact that we're deciding roles for the mafia team.
Joey is scum for stating that what I was doing is vote worthy, while dumb. It is opportunistic of him to do this, when he is saying that I'm wrong. Yet, we are on page 16 and still the game has yet to start. I did get a bit impatient with the game, and he is right that we should have discussion so we can understand each other. Like I have said before, I was ready to get this phase over with since the moment I voted the first time. Now I feel like we were going through RQS instead of RVS, and had to go through hoops to arrive to a solid read. Him stating he'd vote me for this is suspicious because he should be voting people he finds suspicious, not people he finds to be having a dumb or wrong opinion.

I do not think Maven is scum for this however. I read a past game of him and I expected this of him. He is inexperienced but to me comes off as noob town who looks at the surface of things.

Vote: Gheb

Scumreads:

Gheb
Joey
Jaytheunseen

Maven89

Smash Master
Yet, we are on page 16 and still the game has yet to start

Yet you have three scum reads already, so I'd say the long phase did very well even if it got mind numbingly boring at the end.

Didn't want to say it then but I was also suspicious because I figured mafia would be less interested in that phase, they have less control and wouldn't be able to take part in trying to guess what roles we got, so they'd be way more bored with the phase then a townie trying to figure it out. That and your rush and your claim (still slightly pushing it) that the day 0 phase was worthless is ridiculous.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Like I said, I'd prefer RVS but I did admit that I got solid reads from it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Oh look, Ran suspecting me for disliking his slot. This is new.

Vote: Ranmaru

Yeah I still don't like you trying to rush the role voting phase. You mention page 16, yet you started to rush it on Page 8. Why are you bringing page 16 up when it has nothing to do with my suspicion towards you? Also, go through hoops? We literally discussed the roles that we thought would give town the best potential outcome in this game (something we are supposed to be doing regardless) and we got reads out of that. How is that going through hoops?

Also, I'm voting you because how you wanted to play that out was suspicious. You were trying to rush the voting phase before people like myself and Red Ryu could get in to comment (you even mentioned that we weren't posting much yourself), which is suspicious. You calling it a difference of opinions is simply incorrect.

Now you're sitting on two scum reads via OMGUS (and you even had to say that the third person suspecting you wasn't scum-read worthy because he's inexperienced) aside from one comment towards Gheb about him trying to get the masonizer to claim.

Your scum-reads are bad and your handling of the role voting phase was horrid.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ran is ridiculously scummy. The way he manipulates Rosa's lack of experience for his agenda of getting scum a Janitor is disgusting. So is him buddying obvtwonZen and him singling out Seal as his push.
Gheb I'll get to your post later today. Have class soon.
@ ranmaru ranmaru OMGUSing me won't help you dodging these points. You better show me something convincing if you wanna see D2.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
EBWOP: Saying "he's wrong and therefore scummy because he's trying to paint me in a bad light" is not a legitimate response. It's OMGUS and nothing else.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Wow

Someone Explain in small words why ranmaru is not to be trusted

Preferably in a dark font color
Hopefully mine is dark enough.

Anyway,my thoughts:too much rushing through d0 (basically insulting us when we took too long)
and IIRC he was aggressive to anyone disagreeing with his role choices

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm going to look back and make sure things really went the way I think with Ran and Zen

Top Bottom