• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.05 Analysis

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
YUSSSSS you can share repla-
Oh hello 119 users viewing thread, here's a notification for your troubles
Edit: the thread was made by @ Macchiato Macchiato ? Ayy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tested Diddy on Training. Welp, Hoo Hah is stayin' alive for now. Currently testing Dedede to see if there are any changes...

D

Deleted member

So can you now share replays using the share button?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
YUSSSSS you can share repla-
Oh hello 119 users viewing thread, here's a notification for your troubles
It's quite good, but it's feels like it's gonna tired my 3DS, hope it can be much faster on the New 3DS
Already got some replays and snapshots on the Internet.

Soul.

Unchanged stuff:
- Sheik
- Pikachu
- Pit / Dark Pit
- Mario
- Luigi
- DK
- Wario
- Sonic
- Fox

Gonna try out Shulk and see if he recieved more percent buffs.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So can you now share replays using the share button?
Yes you can, you can even share your pics to Miiverse by just using 3DS.
But here a thing that you might need to aware, it seems that it will delete your pic that you send it to worldwide(Not to Miiverse nor friends) after 30 days, if I read it right.........
Any changes for Mario, Mega Man and Greninja?
It's gonna take a while to know

rhysmorgan

Smash Rookie
NNID
rhysm94
Solo mode has been changed; Now it only starts you off with one bot instead of 2.
This made me so happy.
It was such a bizarre decision to add 2 CPUs - either add just 1 or add 3, if you want to push 4 player Smash as the main thing.
I hope this means we're gonna get some more Single Player related patches at some point, but I don't think many other people really seem to care.
Smash 4 Single Player just pisses me off so much. The sheer volume of bull**** has increased so much.

D

Deleted member

Yes you can, you can even share your pics to Miiverse by just using 3DS.
But here a thing that you might need to aware, it seems that it will delete your pic that you send it to worldwide(Not to Miiverse nor friends) after 30 days, if I read it right.........

It's gonna take a while to know
Really?! Wow, that's amazing!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
All Bowser mechanics seem to be unchanged. I dunno if you can't DI out of Bowser Bomb or not. I think the Lvl9 Sheik just opted to never DI. And I dunno if this is new but Grounded Fortress in the first half of the animation can clank out the Bomb Explosion thing Sheik has.

But I personally think nothing about Bowser has changed.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Could be entirely these CPU's suddenly being stupid, but can somebody who has access to an opponent / means of getting meteor smashed test something out for me.

Are you still capable of teching grounded meteor smashes?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is this patch only for the 3DS version right now?
For now, it looks like it. Haven't heard of a Wii U patch yet.

--

I wonder if you can view replays sent by everyone.. or you can't?
Anyways, amiibo Tips are in the game, just like the Wii U version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

More unchanged stuff:
- Shulk
- Ganondorf
- Bowser

Maybe it's just me but the Pikmin AI was changed.... Like if I'm using Side B away from the opponent the Pikmin comes back to Olimar. Did this happen on 1.0.4?

Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
I'm just popping in here to say there is absolutely nothing different about Falco. At all.

If you can prove me wrong, great, but that's my finding so far. It's possible this only affects Mr. Hoo Hah and characters with "problem" techs.

Virgule

Smash Cadet
NNID
virgule222
So i'm testing things in adventure mode and something seems weird : or i am lucky as hell or i can't unlock a custom move already unlocked. I'll do others runs till i can be sure of me maybe it's just luck for now...

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
All Bowser mechanics seem to be unchanged. I dunno if you can't DI out of Bowser Bomb or not. I think the Lvl9 Sheik just opted to never DI. And I dunno if this is new but Grounded Fortress in the first half of the animation can clank out the Bomb Explosion thing Sheik has.

But I personally think nothing about Bowser has changed.
idk if the function is part of the training in 3ds or not, but if you need left or right DI out of a CPU putting them on walk usually works

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
More unchanged stuff:
- Shulk
- Ganondorf
- Bowser

Maybe it's just me but the Pikmin AI was changed.... Like if I'm using Side B away from the opponent the Pikmin comes back to Olimar. Did this happen on 1.0.4?
The pikmin AI thing was an issue stated before with the 3DS, they might have fixed it.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
So far I'm checking mostly knockback stuff and only found 1 difference. Sonic's bthrow is killing Mario in training at 140% in 1.0.4 and at 142% in 1.0.5. I've tested this over 15 times so I'm pretty sure the nerf is real although killing just 2% later seems a bit random.\.
I think that might be a change to the knockback scaling of it, so it does less knockback at lower percents but similar at higher. It's likely due to Sonic being able to kill with it at rediculously low percents on stuff like the platform in Smashville. It could be possible that they saw this as a sort of "glitch" and changed it, not because Sonic is OP, but because it wasn't supposed to kill that early.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
I....think they fixed being able to tech grounded meteor smashes. Usually the level 9 cpu does it constantly.

Last edited:

Soul.

Mega Man was left unchanged. Pretty sure Pac-Man was unchanged too.
edit: Meta Knight was left unchanged

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I....think they fixed being able to tech grounded meteor smashes. Usually the level 9 cpu does it constantly.
Yeah. I can't get even a single CPU to tech.

Last edited:

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Checking with Link's Meteor Bombs. You can still tech if you get hit by a meteor when you're grounded.

Top Bottom