• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.05 Analysis

KH1COM2

Smash Boss
Yeah, I had tested it, and it's still in the game.

The catch is that you cannot do it as fast. You gotta slow it down about 0.2 or 0.3 seconds.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Going off of Siliconera the patch notes signifys other then the sharing modes they patched bugs and glitches which effect some characters that they happened with but there weren't any actual character balance changes. If there were they are incredibly minor.

I suspect a real balance patch will come once Mewtwo arrives.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Something else worth noting is that Mr. Wizard just announced via Twitter that certain stages will not be allowed at EVO due to Nintendo licensing issues with music on certain stages. To me this means that Nintendo has a pretty keen eye as to what's going to be happening with our major tournaments going forward, especially at EVO. I feel like a lot of the balance changes that might come, probably in the Mewtwo DLC, will happen based on the exposure we give to Nintendo when EVO happens.

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I decided to fight Level 9 CPU Diddy Kong because the 1.0.4 AI would constantly suicide due to Rocket Barrel mishaps. The improved AI appears to have also gotten rid of that flaw.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Semi-confirming that Olimar Pikmin AI has been improved. I'm not having issues of them getting stuck or failing to perform moves anymore, it's now much akin to Wii U where he "works". Oli is definitely not bottom tier on 3DS anymore.

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Has anyone else tried the costume change lag testing in For Glory?

Before this patch, I was able to see if my opponent's connection was bad by lag checking through switching colors.

Now it seems that everyone appears perfect regardless of they have a bad connection or not.

Why would they do this? Looks like I can't practice that well in For Glory anymore...

PS: All you guys looking for straight balance changes are going about this the wrong way. I'm pretty sure this is just a amiibo support, sharing, glitch fix, and aesthetics patch.

PSS: I'm legit sad about this.

Last edited:

Laggalot101

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-6741-7161
Maybe I'm getting confused, but I could have sworn that the A.I. on 3DS in Team Smash didn't use share stock before. Did they? Because I was messing around with team smash a bit ago where one of the opposing CPU players had 2 stock, the other 0, and the second CPU used share stock. This isn't the first time I've messed with Team Smash against the A.I. and I don't recall the A.I. EVER using share stock on 3DS, even though they've always done on Wii U.

I don't think this was mentioned in this thread yet. Of course, me being wrong is a very possible explanation.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Once we get a data dump we can put this to rest on the other changes.

Still overall seems like quality of life changes and bug fixes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Once we get a data dump we can put this to rest on the other changes.

Still overall seems like quality of life changes and bug fixes.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Maybe I'm getting confused, but I could have sworn that the A.I. on 3DS in Team Smash didn't use share stock before. Did they? Because I was messing around with team smash a bit ago where one of the opposing CPU players had 2 stock, the other 0, and the second CPU used share stock. This isn't the first time I've messed with Team Smash against the A.I. and I don't recall the A.I. EVER using share stock on 3DS, even though they've always done on Wii U.

I don't think this was mentioned in this thread yet. Of course, me being wrong is a very possible explanation.
From launch the cpus always use share stock on teams its so hilarious :p

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Has the netcode for the 3ds version been improved? I get virtually no lag when I play for fun matches now.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
goodbye funny replays.

hello sharing I won't ever use.

I'm not too happy with this honestly. I don't have a New 3DS either so there's no use for amiibo.

Well shoot.

Just popping in to say that auto-crouch cancelling jabs is still in... I pulled it off with Charizard right now anyway.

In any case you can buffer crouch from a jab so if you take hitlag into consideration jab linking wouldn't be that much harder to pull of without the angled autopilot.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The only thing I've noticed so far is that CPU's AI miiiiight have improved a bit.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Mii Brawler's fsmash has changed. The knockback angle or value is different - my old Target Blast strats aren't working anymore.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Mii Brawler's fsmash has changed. The knockback angle or value is different - my old Target Blast strats aren't working anymore.
The knockback angle still appears to be 361 degrees, so I don't think that changed.

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
They were broken.

But it doesn't look like a balance patch over bug fixes, but I wouldn't know off hand til a data mine happens.
Yeah I'm just now reading over the thread. Strange they'd break replays over bug fixes but they probably don't care as much because its 3DS (I know I don't).

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Did you guys update for the new camera?
*link removed/closed thread*

Last edited by a moderator:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
The knockback angle still appears to be 361 degrees, so I don't think that changed.
Strange. I swear my old Target Blast strategies are messing up. Maybe they changed something about the bomb?

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Just popping in to say that auto-crouch cancelling jabs is still in... I pulled it off with Charizard right now anyway.

In any case you can buffer crouch from a jab so if you take hitlag into consideration jab linking wouldn't be that much harder to pull of without the angled autopilot.
May i ask what is auto-crouch cancelling jabs and how to input?

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Ah, I did not see that, but did they say it was more aggressive?
In general it seems to be doing a lot of stuff it previously didn't. A few things I've noticed so far:

-Diddy will occasionally use his HOO HAH for damage and suicides less often with recovery.

-AI seems to air dodge better in general.

-AI punishes aggressive play more often.

-Fox did the Jab, Jab, Grab set up.

-Bowser is no longer a complete punching bag.

GiG0L0

Smash Rookie
@ Macchiato Macchiato You can add this to the list of changes. Fox and Falco's Lasers were nerfed. They can no longer hit Link or Toon Link through their shield. Tested it. 100% legitimate nerf. I'm upset.

D

Deleted member

The replay desync is likely due to AI improvements; if replays are programmed the same way as Brawl in that they only load human inputs, then the AI would behave differently if the replay was viewed pre patch or post patch.

And those minor changes to some customs might be part of it.

May i ask what is auto-crouch cancelling jabs and how to input?

If
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
Are directions on your analogue stick while your character is facing right (5 is neutral, 8 is up, etc), then to auto-crouch cancel jabs, you hold your analogue stick between the 1 and 4 positions (a little closer to 4). You will be crouching, but pressing your attack button should result in a jab instead of a DTilt. As soon as the jab ends you will go back to crouching.

Last edited:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
I myself haven't upgraded yet, but my friend told me that Peach's down-toss turnip on an opponent will no longer send them toward her and instead will send them away, which is how it works in the Wii U version. This would make her turnip nair lock and insta-throw combos now impossible on the 3DS version. Can anyone else confirm?

EDIT: Just updated, and yeah it was changed. I've now realized you can still do the nair lock and insta-throw combos, but it's trickier. Turnip farming has also been removed. Also, there was a quirk with her floating before that's been "fixed." Before this update, if you floated and used an aerial right at the ledge, you would automatically snap to the ledge (unless you held down immediately after the aerial). Now it doesn't snap you to the ledge.

EDIT 2: I also believe this glitch that I found from way back from the demo has been fixed with this patch. It stil works in the Wii U version however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom