• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallel Worlds Kentucky [Melee/Brawl/PM] - September 28th, 2013 - Louisville, Kentucky

Xanthus

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about coming for Project M, just picked it up and it seems really good/fun, wanted to play some locals to get into it. Haven't played smash in forever so I'm gonna get wrecked if I do :p

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about coming for Project M, just picked it up and it seems really good/fun, wanted to play some locals to get into it. Haven't played smash in forever so I'm gonna get wrecked if I do :p
Hey man you know it's all about growing our walle- Er.. Growing our community!

The more the merrier !!!

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
SoulPech changed his mind. He wants to save up for Big House 3 in Michigan.

I have no way of going to this tourney right now unless someone else is willing to take me.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a little challenge, if someone get far in the tourney with an F tier of their choice, I'll gladly try out doubles with them next tourney.
melee right? I may take you up on this offer. Won't go the entire tourney as him, but I'll try my hand at some Roy matches early on.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
melee right? I may take you up on this offer. Won't go the entire tourney as him, but I'll try my hand at some Roy matches early on.
sounds cool, I'll makeit F tier and B tier, that way you can choose from Young link all the way down to Kirby, I'll be using a certain kid from Onett myself, won't get far but oh well.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
What's the Brawl Ruleset going to look like?

Edit: I suggest using the ruleset being used for Not Today:

• 3 Stocks
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Items set to "off" and "none"
  • Pause set to "off"
  • Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned
  • All infinites and chaingrabs are legal until 300%
  • There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death.
  • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
  • For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
  • Pools play seeding will be determined by set wins first, followed by head to head wins in case of ties, followed by wins - losses, followed by replaying of a starter stage best of 1.
Modified Doubles Rules:
  • Team attack is set to "on"
  • Double Meta Knight is banned
  • Life stealing is allowed
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  • If percents are tied then a 1 stock per player, 3 minute tie-breaker match on the same stage will occur.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Smashville
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Pokémon Stadium 1
  • Castle Siege
Counterpicks
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Rainbow Cruise
Set Procedure
1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player. During Teams play controller ports 1 & 4 and 2 & 3 will each constitute as 'one controller port.'
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
CASTLE SIEGE IS NOT A ****ING STARTER.

Shouldn't even be legal.

Also, I already said that if people gave me (the specific) free stuff I'd come, so now it's on you to fill my needs so I can win your melee tournament.

Maybe get top 5 in brawl.

I mean, I've already been to KY and won before. Maybe you need to come to Nebraska for a tournament. I mean, it's only fair.

Free housing! Colorado Legal environment.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice

Shouldn't even be legal.

Also, I already said that if people gave me (the specific) free stuff I'd come, so now it's on you to fill my needs so I can win your melee tournament.

I mean, I've already been to KY and won before. Maybe you need to come to Nebraska for a tournament. I mean, it's only fair.

You won a ky tourney before anyone good started playing, including myself. I've won that s2d tourney when nobody good showed up so it definatly nothing to brag about. Are u going to the big house?

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman

Shouldn't even be legal.

I laughed, a Sheik!? Winning a tourney!? How shocking!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You won a ky tourney before anyone good started playing, including myself. I've won that s2d tourney when nobody good showed up so it definatly nothing to brag about. Are u going to the big house?
Don't disrespect your own group of people like that. Also Kel didn't enter because 2nd place didn't get paid out, which is more of a sign of respect to my abilities than him entering and losing.

Nah, that'd be cool if I was, I'd probably go to a Lions game (assuming they were at home.). Honestly now that Lux cancelled Get Hype!4 the next OOS tournament I am planning on going to is Apex, and that's a maybe.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Didn't really ask for an excuse as to why you weren't going just asked if you were going. But you've sold me, when is the next Nebraska tourney, and how much are we money matching for?..if there's nothing in between I will see u at apex chump. In the meantime, continue trolling Louisville threads with your classless self and I will make sure that when we eventually play I embarrass you so bad you won't wanna show your face on a Kentucky thread again.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin

Shouldn't even be legal.

Man, last time we played was literally my 2nd or 3rd tournament ever, and I took a game off of you with my fox... and I was total garbage back then compared to now. Its been more than a year and all of us have improved vastly. I am not convinced that you would be able to do as well as you think. I don't have the budget to travel out of state atm to play smash, and I understand that you have the same problem, but some day you need to come out to one of these tournaments if you want to have some weight behind your smack talk.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Tbh Louisville really isn't too far from me. If you guys have weeklys or anything, I'd love to come over once and a while.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Man, last time we played was literally my 2nd or 3rd tournament ever, and I took a game off of you with my fox... and I was total garbage back then compared to now. Its been more than a year and all of us have improved vastly. I am not convinced that you would be able to do as well as you think. I don't have the budget to travel out of state atm to play smash, and I understand that you have the same problem, but some day you need to come out to one of these tournaments if you want to have some weight behind your smack talk.
Didn't really ask for an excuse as to why you weren't going just asked if you were going. But you've sold me, when is the next Nebraska tourney, and how much are we money matching for?..if there's nothing in between I will see u at apex chump. In the meantime, continue trolling Louisville threads with your classless self and I will make sure that when we eventually play I embarrass you so bad you won't wanna show your face on a Kentucky thread again.
Don't disrespect your own group of people like that. Also Kel didn't enter because 2nd place didn't get paid out, which is more of a sign of respect to my abilities than him entering and losing.

Nah, that'd be cool if I was, I'd probably go to a Lions game (assuming they were at home.). Honestly now that Lux cancelled Get Hype!4 the next OOS tournament I am planning on going to is Apex, and that's a maybe.

Thread effectively derailed, good work guys :nifty:

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Tbh Louisville really isn't too far from me. If you guys have weeklys or anything, I'd love to come over once and a while.
We sometimes have little practice sessions at goodins house, with like 5 TVs and as many setups as people are willing to bring. Usually only he, myself, Kelly & Kodey ever show up though. I'll probably be out of state by the time it happens again but hey who knows maybe you can take my place!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Really? Idk, I'll let you know when the next one is gonna be.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Shard would prob destroy mrm no offense but he was beating better players than mrm at apex 2012 enough to where I can say vudujin would not luigi ditto him nor do I think vudujin took a singles friendly match off of him in about 45 min str8 worth of matches if I had to make a guess he would take 3 str8 in 3 out of 5 series thats really not even talking smack I think its prolly just a fact I just dont see nebraska worth going to for smash I always see dead nebraska tourney threads as well as social threads but ky melee is % 110 revived

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
^lmaooooooooooooooo.

KY vs NE crew battle. $500

I'd ask some OG's about JBM, Sm3esh, Cue and idk...we'll have a tournament to determine who the 5th would be. I hope Echo comes out of retirement.

Should probably ask Kel or OS. who those dudes are. I'm new schoolish too so I don't blame you guys for not having a clue what you are talking about.

I wish I had people to play...in brawl. Melee is like breathing in Nebraska.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
^lmaooooooooooooooo.

KY vs NE crew battle. $500

I'd ask some OG's about JBM, Sm3esh, Cue and idk...we'll have a tournament to determine who the 5th would be. I hope Echo comes out of retirement.

Should probably ask Kel or OS. who those dudes are. I'm new schoolish too so I don't blame you guys for not having a clue what you are talking about.

I wish I had people to play...in brawl. Melee is like breathing in Nebraska.
Shard would prob destroy mrm no offense but he was beating better players than mrm at apex 2012 enough to where I can say vudujin would not luigi ditto him nor do I think vudujin took a singles friendly match off of him in about 45 min str8 worth of matches if I had to make a guess he would take 3 str8 in 3 out of 5 series thats really not even talking smack I think its prolly just a fact I just dont see nebraska worth going to for smash I always see dead nebraska tourney threads as well as social threads but ky melee is % 110 revived
1378047507195.jpg

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Believe me when I say mrm will never show up to a tourney he knows I'm at. He is smart enough to save himself the embarrassment. Nothing more than a no good troll trash talker that won't back it up...I mean the guy brags about winning a 7 person local LMAO!!

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Im sure ky would confirm with that we also have dope living here in louisville now speaking of some of the old school assasins but whether new england is better than ky as a whole would still have nothing to do with you vs shard total thread derailment here but maybe it needs to go on discussion boards of what would or might happen..

Kryp

Smash Apprentice
Lol, melee always leads to silly arguments.
Anyway, hyped for seeing and playing everyone tomorrow. :D

Top Bottom