• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallel Worlds Kentucky [Melee/Brawl/PM] - September 28th, 2013 - Louisville, Kentucky

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Parallel Worlds Gaming in accordance with Goodin and KellyK presents...

Parallel Worlds Smash Tourney

September 28, 2013

12 pm - 12 am

Venue
Parallel Worlds Gaming is a new game store that has recently opened. After some discussion with the owner, being a Smash fan himself, he is glad to allow us to have tournaments at his store. We will have access to the game room from about noon until midnight or later if needed. This event will be the first of many at this particular venue.

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ParallelWorldsGaming

It is not cluttered at all and perfect in size. For those of you who have been to S2D, we don't need to split tables with Magic players. We should be obligated to keep it as clean as it is in this picture: throw trash away and be considerate of the venue.

Events
-Melee Singles
-Brawl Singles
-Melee Doubles
-Project M Singles
-Project M Teams (If time allows)

Cost
-Venue: $4 ($2 if you bring a Wii/Cube/CRT TV)
-Melee Singles: 6$
-Brawl Singles: 6$
-Project Melee Singles: $6
-Melee Doubles: $10 per team
-Project M Teams: $10 per team

These prices are subject to change. The idea was to keep the prices of the first event lower to make it more accessible to newcomers. The event is being advertised at the venue currently and we are expecting new players. Future events at this venue are likely to have higher prices if the event becomes popular.

Payout
24 Entrants or less...
1st- 55%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 15%

25 Entrants or more...
1st- 52%
2nd- 26%
3rd- 14%
4th- 8%

Rulesets

MELEE
MBR Official Ruleset for 2012
http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/

BRAWL
Most Current MK legal ruleset. Suggestions Needed

Venue Time Frame
As of now, Brawl is going to begin as soon as the venue is set up (which is anticipated to be between 12:15 pm and 12:45 pm). If you plan to participate in Brawl, Please be at the venue by no later than 12:15 pm. Melee will be starting at around 2:00 pm. After Brawl, there will be time allotted for a food break for whoever chooses to do so. A few restaurants and a Kroger are located near the venue. Once Melee gets to Semis, Project M Singles will take place. Once Melee Singles is fully completed, Melee Doubles will run. Project M singles will take a back seat to Melee Doubles, and the bracket will be played as players are available. Later in the evening if all goes according to schedule, Project M Doubles will take place. The time frames for Brawl and Melee singles are pretty much set in stone but the rest of the schedule is subject to change depending on how many participants show up. Suggestions appreciated.

Stream
Parts of the event will be streamed at either...
http://www.twitch.tv/goodinkoj or http://www.twitch.tv/kellyk1035

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Lets do it. The venue can hold quite a few people. This my first time TOing and I'm going all in lol.

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
Will be coming to this, feeling to take 1st place without dropping a stock.

Anyone who opposes this prediction is asking to get JV 5'd :cool:

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
Thinking of going into teams, if anyone wants to see if the yo-yo glitch can be abused in teams let me know.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I'll be here, and I'm willing to help run Brawl if need be.
That would be amazing. Like Kelly said, before 2:00 pm, Ill kind of be doing this thing by myself. If you could help that would be great. Since I am not entering brawl, I will be able to organize it without much distraction.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
I may go to this. Been away from the melee scene for the past 2 years, and this looks like its only 2 hrs away from evansville. Dunno if I'll go for brawl, but most likely melee. If you need any help TOing, please let me know. Like I said, I've been to many tourneys, and I also host the smash tourneys here at the anime con(evillecon).

Edit: some quick things.
1. My friend doesn't get out of class until 12 est, and I'm going to try and give him a ride as well. The drive is about 2 hrs, so is it cool if we cut it close to 2PM? Or should I try and get him to leave a bit early?
2. I have a Wii+two TVs +melee/brawl(will probably be too late for brawl). As well as that I'll see if my friend has a cube.
3. If you sign up for melee, can you sign up for Project M of you are in melee semis

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I may go to this. Been away from the melee scene for the past 2 years, and this looks like its only 2 hrs away from evansville. Dunno if I'll go for brawl, but most likely melee. If you need any help TOing, please let me know. Like I said, I've been to many tourneys, and I also host the smash tourneys here at the anime con(evillecon).

Edit: some quick things.
1. My friend doesn't get out of class until 12 est, and I'm going to try and give him a ride as well. The drive is about 2 hrs, so is it cool if we cut it close to 2PM? Or should I try and get him to leave a bit early?
2. I have a Wii+two TVs +melee/brawl(will probably be too late for brawl). As well as that I'll see if my friend has a cube.
3. If you sign up for melee, can you sign up for Project M of you are in melee semis

1) Yes that should be fine, I might have you text me when your getting close to the venue. Personal message for cell #
2) That would be awesome
3)Yes.. If you sign up for PM, your project M matches will be played around the final few melee matches. Finishing Melee has priority over the first few Project M matches, but you will be fine entering both.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
PM'd the number. Almost forgot to mention. I do have my wii modded so it can play Project M(It has a cIOS, so I'm assuming that's modded enough), but I don't have P:M downloaded. If you want, I can bring it and copy all the needed P:M files to an SD card or external HDD.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I'm considering coming to this for melee and PM, but I'm hesitant because "Not Today" is the week after and I'm already going to that. Would someone be able to put me on their coach for the night? I'll also be looking for a doubles partner. I still may bring someone. This is still fairly up in the air, but I'd like to be there.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll likely be here. Might try to talk a few old school players to make it here as well. Cincy probably won't be showing up, at least not the Knees.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Money match anyone? I'm broke and need to try and smash my way out of poverty.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
I mean id be down for like a 5$ MM. Ain't gotta raise the stakes over a friendly MM. Who do u play shonic?

Top Bottom