• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallel Falchion - Lucina General and Q/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Yeah I saw that social.... was a major bummer considering how much I wanted to learn :(
I believe the Bowser Social ( while still having a few tidbits of Frame/Tech/data ) only has 9 pages which stings as a Bowser lover ><;

Since I don't want to go off-topic of the character this thread was made for, I'll ask a few questions :

1 : are there ANY real differences between Marth/Lucy besides the Tipper Trade-off ?
2 : Was her inclusion as a seperate character another limitation of the 3DS such as the removal of Ice Climbers, characters losing the ability to transform > becoming separated, and lack of space resulting in more clones and removals of past characters?

I don't particularly care for Marth/Lucy , but this particular clone seems like it could have gone Robin's route with different colors = also different genders + voices. Do you think this was them running outta space on the 3DS? Would you have prefered Lucy as a Marth ALT ?

It seems to me ( from an outsider's perspective ) that they should've gone with her being a different " Marth Costume " and that Marth's Tipper mechanic which is based on Spacing to hit at their maximum distance of every Hitbox is something that literally every player should learn no matter what character ( which I believe hinders her as she doesn't get that reward ).

Take in mind that I've not had alot of lab time with this game yet, so I could definitely be mistaken in my assumptions.
  1. Knockback value on jab for some reason, Lucina's perfect pivot carries momentum over with her U-tilt while Marth's doesn't for some reason.
  2. No idea. Probably a question that can be answered by the designers themselves.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Join us any time

We'll raid the irrelevina bouts. Someone needs to copy out social thread OP
If the previous reaction to that post is any indication, the entire Zelda board would be banned if we were to raid the Irrelevina social.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I am disappoint, we're not even close to 20 pages ;_;

But this raid is a thing of beauty!

How about raiding our previous nemesis Peach next?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Peach is Zelda's Smash sister, we can't betray her like that

Buuuut if we did it'd probably be hilarious.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Ahh fair enough.

How about a "slumber party" & invite the WFT to it as well & we can stay up late, have as much tea/coffee as want, post silly gifs & the like? :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm fairly certain Salad Bowl doesnt realize the objective of this isn't to "kill" anything.

That said I would like to say hello to my shulk sisters.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
We should absolutely raid the Shulk boards next. As a Villager main, you know something is wrong when a sword has more reach than your slingshot. Also, we should all put R.O.B. or Megaman as our main and/or secondary to give a Bionis v. Mechonis vibe to it or something. Just a thought.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm feeling taking Shulk down. His puny Monado is no match for my triforce of power!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Aww, no Palutena takeover? I think that one would be pretty easy. And fun too.

But I have some ammo ready for Shulk too. :p

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Alright everyone settle down. Lucina invasion has passed. You are more than welcome to stay and discuss Lucina/Smash stuff with us though; and no Mopcina is not included. Although hilarious.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Legitimate question.

Why are the gorls here in the Lucina boards have bad taste in waifus-- *shot*

... Okay. ACTUAL legitimate question.

Is your Usmash better than Marf's? That's what I've been hearing and such. That move has some weird properties on a grounded opponent.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
locuan128 said:
In this thread we will focus on discussing the character Lucina and what revolves around her in the 3DS/Wii U games of Super Smash Bros.
Let's bring everything back to normal.
Legitimate question.

Why are the gorls here in the Lucina boards have bad taste in waifus-- *shot*

... Okay. ACTUAL legitimate question.

Is your Usmash better than Marf's? That's what I've been hearing and such. That move has some weird properties on a grounded opponent.
  1. We don't. She's the best.
  2. Aerodrome said:
    Usmash

LUCINA
    Damage: 14.25
    Base Knockback: 42
    Knockback Growth: 90
    Hitlag Multiplier: 1.0×
    SDI Multiplier: 1.0×

MARTH
    Damage: 13, 17
    Base Knockback: 45, 40
    Knockback Growth: 90, 95
    Hitlag Multiplier: 0.7×, 1.5×
    SDI Multiplier: 1.0×
    There's a disjointed hitbox, but both Marth and Lucina have it. I do not know if Lucina's disjointed hitbox is larger than Marth's though.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'll drag your as in hell before you even take a single step boy.
Bwahahaha!
You make me laugh!
I will be able to crush you like a tiny octorok and at least my sword doesn't look like retractable dog genitals!
Bahahahaha!

Lucina question:
What buffs would actually make Lucina her own unique character that is usable?

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hm, I'm going to test that disjointed hitbox @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 I'll get back to you.
Bwahahaha!
You make me laugh!
I will be able to crush you like a tiny octorok and at least my sword doesn't look like retractable dog genitals!
Lucina question:
What buffs would actually make Lucina her own unique character that is usable?
That's a big question. A lot of theorycrafting would go into this. I have had my own thoughts, but there's a lot of things that would need to happen.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I thought it was confirmed that their U-smashes are the same size and that Marth's is worse because of the tipper mechanic actually being a liability in that move?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thanks~

But you know, looking at her animation of her Up smash, I definitely have a different outlook on her.

Her beautiful blue hair flows gently into the air as she thrusts her sword up.
Her firm position, curved hips gives her maturity, poise, and stature.
As she extends her sword up into the clear heavens, her legs are thin, almost delicate, but also firm.
Her chest, although flat, raises to reach the sunlight, reflecting dimly.
And finally, with her sword in her hand, she performs her devastating move, her body position in near perfect position. Everything about her is straight, pretty, and most important, perfect. <3 u <3

Truly, she is the best.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Y'all gorls mean Tharjacina?

Please tell me that you all know which character each Mopcina palette represents. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom