• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallel Falchion - Lucina General and Q/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Nah, they clearly represent the different kinds of coloured mops you can buy at your local convenient store. :^)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pretty much. Thing's got crazy quickly.
I really suggest not to for those who are responsible then. I had already bit difficult time settling in during last times and it'd be better to build more on Lucina as a fighter in the community... I think. There's been done some of that already.

Latte

Smash Ace
I played as Lucina again in FG and won #whatwhat

Time to head on back to the Zelda social. That was fun; come visit anytime xoxo

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
hello hello its me a fellow zelda sis visiting
omg that fanart is fabulous

I found pictures of lucinas "hair"

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I've been playing For Glory for awhile and won consistently when I first started. Recently though, I've been losing match after match. What do you guys think is the best way to practice with Lucina? I also can't practice with custom moves on For Glory, but I don't see any benefit in fighting the CPU.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
I've been playing For Glory for awhile and won consistently when I first started. Recently though, I've been losing match after match. What do you guys think is the best way to practice with Lucina? I also can't practice with custom moves on For Glory, but I don't see any benefit in fighting the CPU.
try some wifi friendlies against people on smashboards and ask for advice after. that definitely helped me a lot.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
So Lucinas social is gone? I was looking for it, wanted to see if any of you lot were who I fought last night.
Bloke named Vincent on the 3DS. I wrecked him for like 5 games and then my DS started to die, he came back a little and then he got trashed some more. My DS died in the middle of a match and he had percent lead, so I feel kinda bad.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So Lucinas social is gone? I was looking for it, wanted to see if any of you lot were who I fought last night.
Bloke named Vincent on the 3DS. I wrecked him for like 5 games and then my DS started to die, he came back a little and then he got trashed some more. My DS died in the middle of a match and he had percent lead, so I feel kinda bad.
It's still here. I'll tag you in the new one.
Does lucina have anything that's better than marth?
Pivot grab.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This is pretty much the general thread. The Social Thread 2.0 is in the works though. I'm still juggling with ideas on how to go about it. But it should work out. There is the Social Group @ Robertman2 Robertman2 mentioned.
This thread talks about their differences. There's also math involved on @Aerodrome's post.
Pivot grab.
I have not heard mention of this and I'm not knowledgeable on the subject to claim yes or no. Has this been tested?

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Not really. Her Upsmash is better for whatever reason or so I've heard. There is a whole thread dedicated to their differences though.
Marth is the better character over-all, but Lucina's consistent knockback can help you set up combos if you can't keep track of the differences between tipper knockback and nontipper knockback for whatever reason

lol idk why people are saying Lucy's anything but trash tier. At least marf was somewhat useful in his game
If by somewhat you mean that he basically did everything, then yeah. /Somewhat/ useful.
Thats like the Street Fighter's computer ranking system thing giving Daigo a B after the EVO 2004 match against Justin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Only took 2 1/2 of driving but I picked up the GameCube adapter. May the lab work begin!.,,,after I get some sleep ;-;

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
i dont like how his skill floor is nonexistant

pick him and spam dash attack and smash attacks and you're golden

you literally do not use other moves
Yeah, if you want to lose. Mac is so easy to bait, gimp, and laugh at.

I actually have a serious question; why use Lucina over Marth? I heard that they are actually essentially the same and that Marth isn't really worse off and that rather they are about the same in terms of balance.
I just legit wondered if there was a reason to use one over the other aside from personal preference.
Other than Marth being an overall better character, not only in his games but also in Smash? I mean he rewards for the spacing that is crucial to both characters, can kill at 20% with rage, has the best reward in the game (ragey tipper fsmash is bae), has more vertical range due to being taller, can actually kill below 130%, and has a well made model. He is also safe on shield comparatively, thanks to hitlag modifiers that Lucina lacks.

Lucina on the other hand... She can't kill like, AT ALL below 100%. I am pretty good with DI most of the time, so I end up surviving her jokes of attacks close to 180% against her in most of my matches against her as Falcon. In my matches as Marth, if she gets me in her kill range, she's dead. Then she loses all her rage and has to wait another like, 30% to kill. Its hilarious. Lucina is a sad, hilarious thing. Her attacks arent safe, No tippers means spacing has no reward so it feels pointless- but it is the lifeblood of her playstyle and without it she falls to the wolves.

Also Lucina's model in the 3DS version makes her look like a man with a mop on his head, and the Wii U version isnt a hell of a whole lot better.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I sometimes feel Lucina needs a different game plan than Marth, she feels more of an opportunist character who relies on baits and finding openings on her opponent's moves thanks to her long reach. And she *can* kill, her Fair gimps half of the cast pretty well and can catch landings with tipper Smashes (her tippers have more knockback).

Still, Marth sheer proper spacing is much more rewarding than Lucina's patience.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I spoil Caeda too much to notice.

And yep perfect pivots are the plan up until KiT. Starting off in training with 1/2 mode and will gradually speed it up as I confirm the pivots consistently

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I need to practice ledge mechanics. Its something I have yet to give much thought to. Although it is very important.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Making some progress to the pivot dance but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth losing instant smashes over. I can see the benefits of having such a great spacing tool and our smashes are a bit too laggy which means id be better off using it for a read anyway.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
You mean by changing the C-stick to regular attacks? You can try both of them out, I'm still deciding which to use.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ya I'll test the waters with both, if anything regular pivot smashes could be just as effective.I feel as if the pivots extend the hitbox of utilt from where I start till where I end. Making it too perfect for ledge trapping. And I think I did a sliding f'smash. Will give it a look from replay

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
There are still other options too. You can do perfect pivot grabs, which are great, and shield as well. Anyways, I think I might keep the smashes tied to the C-stick.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Sounds like a plan, I'll have an idea by the end of next weekend. Gonna take a breather and do some Wi-Fi for the first time. :3

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Nope, super wrong. Marth is **** tier in his own game, and only salvageable with his unique weapon which you can miss.
also pretty bland character
I think you're thinking of Roy.

, she feels more of an opportunist character who relies on baits and finding openings on her opponent's moves thanks to her long reach.
Wait.. do you mean.. exactly like Marth? You have to play both characters as incredibly patient, incredibly opportunity based characters. You have to be smart, and have to be able to bait. You can't be aggressive very often with either.
Literally the only difference in their playstyles is that Lucina has ****ty kill percents and you have to respect her like, 0% of the time because all of her attacks are so incredibly unsafe to shield, that you can just outwait her and shield, or bait her to attack and shield, and then punish the **** out of her.

And she *can* kill, her Fair gimps half of the cast pretty well and can catch landings with tipper Smashes (her tippers have more knockback).

...No. Lucina has NO tippers. MARTH'S tippers have more knockback. Substantially so. With rage, you can kill an opponent at 20% on ledge. Lucina is going to be searching for that same kill for another 100% atleast, if she's lucky. But by the time she gets the opponent up there, she dies to rage because the opponent doesnt have to respect her approaches at all.
Lucina's whole thing is that she's Marth /without/ tippers.

She /can/ kill. Just super poorly. Her fair doesn't gimp half the cast. Are you drunk? So long as they save their double jump, they can make it back. Its got consistent knockback, so tippers wont matter. Its not like Marth's insanely good tipper fair that can kill at 70. She's searching for a fair kill for nearly 60% without rage. (Tested in training mode, she doesnt get fair kills off ledge until around 120% it seems, and I tested around that number. She doesnt get them below 115 for sure, but sometimes it depends on exactly how far off stage and how deep Lucy is willing to go.)

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
In the end though we just love Lucina. : P we can do the whose better debates and still reach the same conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom