• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parallel Falchion - Lucina General and Q/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Any of our usual irrelutargets are way more sensitive than the lovely mopcina boards. It shouldn't be Irrelutena or Irrelavina & Luma.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
The DH boards don't just have a dead social, we have a dead board overall because only like 4 people use him yet he's not Zelda-level lol to be funny enough.
Yeah I saw that social.... was a major bummer considering how much I wanted to learn :(
I believe the Bowser Social ( while still having a few tidbits of Frame/Tech/data ) only has 9 pages which stings as a Bowser lover ><;

Since I don't want to go off-topic of the character this thread was made for, I'll ask a few questions :

1 : are there ANY real differences between Marth/Lucy besides the Tipper Trade-off ?
2 : Was her inclusion as a seperate character another limitation of the 3DS such as the removal of Ice Climbers, characters losing the ability to transform > becoming separated, and lack of space resulting in more clones and removals of past characters?

I don't particularly care for Marth/Lucy , but this particular clone seems like it could have gone Robin's route with different colors = also different genders + voices. Do you think this was them running outta space on the 3DS? Would you have prefered Lucy as a Marth ALT ?

It seems to me ( from an outsider's perspective ) that they should've gone with her being a different " Marth Costume " and that Marth's Tipper mechanic which is based on Spacing to hit at their maximum distance of every Hitbox is something that literally every player should learn no matter what character ( which I believe hinders her as she doesn't get that reward ).

Take in mind that I've not had alot of lab time with this game yet, so I could definitely be mistaken in my assumptions.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
...do I dare mention the spacies as raid targets

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
...do I dare mention the spacies as raid targets
That would be extremely hilarious. I think they need a little bit of fun and destruction in their lives. They are probably so stuck in their competitive ooz that they forgot how to have fun.

Latte

Smash Ace
I'm honestly surprised DH is underused. Though I haven't dug too deep into the strategies involving him, he's very fun and satisfying to play as.

Spirst

I'm honestly surprised DH is underused. Though I haven't dug too deep into the strategies involving him, he's very fun and satisfying to play as.
He's fun and has some depth to his strategies/projectiles but he's awful at killing, his literally broken smashes that don't connect (I can understand the Zelda frustration), and has an awful recovery.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I stopped using DH once I realized the smashes are unreliable.
I do not need to deal with that BS on two characters tyvm.

Spirst

I stopped using DH once I realized the smashes are unreliable.
I do not need to deal with that BS on two characters tyvm.
If it makes you feel any better, you get to blow **** up and make people suicidal mid-game.

Latte

Smash Ace
I will tread into bae waters!
Dive in head first.
He's fun and has some depth to his strategies/projectiles but he's awful at killing, his literally broken smashes that don't connect (I can understand the Zelda frustration), and has an awful recovery.
Is his recovery that horrible? I can't remember exactly what it is because I rarely play as/against him, but isn't it similar to Villager's/Olimar's recovery?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Tbh, your beat down of DH and his constant praising for being a good character vaguely reminds me of Zelda.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
On Mac's boards:
"Master of the reset, the man who could live forever"
Pretty sure that is the opposite of Little Mac.

And they have a complaint thread! Luckily we have one too, except it's disguised as a social thread and much more inclusive of alternate topics.

Spirst

Dive in head first.

Is his recovery that horrible? I can't remember exactly what it is because I rarely play as/against him, but isn't it similar to Villager's/Olimar's recovery?
Unlike Villager, it has less range and unlike Olimar, he can't cancel it at any point. It's the worst qualities of both.

Tbh, your beat down of DH and his constant praising for being a good character vaguely reminds me of Zelda.
Not sure about where he stands yet but he's definitely not top and most likely not high. Somewhere in mid seems likely.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I don't like the whole Little Mac i kill you first and now i have a k.o punch that can kill you right away thing. Pretty dumb and i hope they remove k.o punch in future installments though they probably won't because change is hardT for Nintendo apparently.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't like the whole Little Mac i kill you first and now i have a k.o punch that can kill you right away thing. Pretty dumb and i hope they remove k.o punch in future installments though they probably won't because change is hardT for Nintendo apparently.
i dont like how his skill floor is nonexistant

pick him and spam dash attack and smash attacks and you're golden

you literally do not use other moves

Spirst

What Mac's controller should be, amirite? Streamlined to trim all the excess stuff he doesn't need.

Latte

Smash Ace
It's about 4 AM where I live, so I'm going to go drink my coffee while playing Disgaea and then go to sleep. Goodnight, pals!
Unlike Villager, it has less range and unlike Olimar, he can't cancel it at any point. It's the worst qualities of both.

Not sure about where he stands yet but he's definitely not top and most likely not high. Somewhere in mid seems likely.
Not being able to cancel it sounds awful. When I first tried out DH, I was expecting him to be high tier due to the traps he can lay. I see now that definitely is not the case.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

Not even Ftilt? That's his best move. In all seriousness, Mac is a character that requires a lot of skill to play, because he gets punished very hard for his mistakes, but has the tools to outmaneuver most characters provided the stage is favorable.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sure Ftilt is great, but ultimately he only has half a moveset and on a basic level is very simple to play

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sure Ftilt is great, but ultimately he only has half a moveset and on a basic level is very simple to play
He's both simple and requires a lot of skill, if that makes sense. His options are very straightforward, but it takes a lot of precision for Mac to stay safe and avoid getting gimped.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Every character wants to stay safe and avoid getting gimped. It's harder for Mac to do that but he is still one of the simplest characters to learn (if not the easiest?)

He skips right past many fundamentals of the game to box. It makes him fun but also extremely sad against certain characters and in many stages.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Pretty much that ^

Aerial spacing is a HUGE thing even though aerials suck more than ever in Smash 4.

Example: Lucina/Marth = aerial spacing MUST be on point in order to do max damage and be safe on shields.

Meanwhile Mac cares not for aerial spacing since he's never in the air. He cares not for special moves because all his are terrible.

Staying safe and avoiding getting gimped is a fundamental true for every character in the cast. The difference is that Mac is punished more for it because his recovery is just down right bad (not difficult to use).

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
That reminds me of something I read somewhere on this site (probably the competitive impressions thread)

That a good air game is always going to be more valuable overall than a good ground game in Smash Bros (barring complete gameplay changes the likes of which the series has yet to see)

edit: and I just realized how much joyous good news that is for Zelda. :(

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well of course it is, spaced retreating aerials are unpunishable for most characters bar Sonic, Speedy Shulk and Lightweight Parutena.

Sheik/Diddy fair for examplE...

Steam

Smash Hero
Wow, and you guys didn't even have the common decency to bury the dead? The zelda boards are ruthless when it comes to forum raiding, I like it.

Salad Bowl

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SaladBowl41
Wow, and you guys didn't even have the common decency to bury the dead? The zelda boards are ruthless when it comes to forum raiding, I like it.
Join us any time

We'll raid the irrelevina bouts. Someone needs to copy out social thread OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom