• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paper Mario

D.A.

Smash Apprentice
asianpride3491 said:
Who thinks that maybe some Paper Mario characters should be in the game? His attacks would coincide with the badges and jumping and whatnot, and also some bosses could be characters. I havent picked up the new one yet, but the N 64 version was great. P-Mar should definitely be a character. It would be necessarily a clone, but even if it was, doesnt matter, cuz clones are fine.

If you continue reading, you can see that we are way off topic. Two unjustified G&W bashers came and proposed them out of the game, supporting themselves with imaginary, fabricated evidence.
I think Paper Mario is the only Paper character that could be in the game. He could use the hammer and could be much more significantly different than Doc and Mario are.

PS: The GCN game is very good if you liked the first. I prefer the first though just of personal taste.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Why another mario how about one of his team members like goombario or boombette or Koopy or something just not another mario we have two isn't that enough for you people!

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
Why another mario how about one of his team members like goombario or boombette or Koopy or something just not another mario we have two isn't that enough for you people!
Umm Howabout Link and his series?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Paper Mario... I'd feel cheated. We already have Mario, why not spend the time making a new and better character? Paper Mario was a fun game... I've played and beaten both, but it's really really kiddy, and far too easy for anyone to take seriously. In that sense, I think his "kiddy" look wouldn't fit into Smash. at all. He wouldn't be very unique and wouldn't play much different than a combo of Ice Climbers and Mario... Waste of programming. Give me Ridley, Toad, or King Dedede... I'd even take a Birdo, Petey Piranha, or Geno over him.

You could not tell me that if you had to make the decision between Geno and Paper Mario, you'd choose Paper Mario...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
D.A. said:
I think Paper Mario is the only Paper character that could be in the game. He could use the hammer and could be much more significantly different than Doc and Mario are.
I agree. We have enough Mario characters, so they should only add Paper Mario.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Wow, out of all characters, Paper Mario is the one character with the highest number of replies.

I've only played the 2nd one, and it's artistically creative as well as the script. But Super Mario RPG > Paper Mario... tenfold.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
Well, at least he's better than other characters doubles. Link just got immature by seven years and became young link (thats like negative effort) and Pichu just evolved into pikachu (Through liking hte trainer, NOT experience), Mario at least went out and got PHD.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The only character I want to see from parper mario would have to be Vivian. And that's if they make her 3-D. But they dont really have to.

fluffy

Smash Champion
commonyoshi said:
The only character I want to see from parper mario would have to be Vivian. And that's if they make her 3-D. But they dont really have to.
....is there something wrong w/ me if i happen to be attracted to vivian?
but yea, paper mario. w00t.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ippius said:
Umm Howabout Link and his series?
there are 2 marios and there are 2 links, I think that there should be only 1 of every character but if they have to add in alter egos of a character than there should be only one. If we add in Paper Mario then why not add in Paper Peach, Paper Bowser etc.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thewierd1 said:
game and watch sucks
money match mine or Dire's game and watch

anyways, can we please drop the idea of paper mario as a gw clone? just because their both 2D doesnt mean anything. mario doesn pull turtles and oil buckets out of his body, ****

ninja232

Smash Apprentice
my paper mario attack ideas

well if paper mario could toss shells from his pants he'd throw them at metaknight knocking him down or paper mario could call bobbery to blow up on enemies or vivian to dodge a blast attack :laugh: :) :laugh: :newbie: :mario: :link: :kirby: :dk: :yoshi: :laugh:

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
omg. i can't belive i've never seen this thread yet. I love paper mario, those games kick major A$$. That would be perfect 2 have him as an alternate costume. I don't see him as his own charactor.... but if they put Dr. Mario in, then paper mario shouldn't be far behind

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
JmcShocker14 said:
Like i said before. Majority Rules sister. If more people want them out. then they have to hit the road.
I think it's funny how people on this site like to talk like their view or opinion matters. They're not the ones making the game and ultimately have no say in what goes in and is taken out. Majority doesn't rule, the programmers rule. Whoever they think will make them the most profit is who they'll put in. Now, it is fun talking about who we would like to be in for whatever reason, but really, saying that someone will be in or out is pointless. At this point, only a handful of characters have been confirmed and the developers have already confirmed that not everyone will make it back. So yes, some will be cut, we don't know who but can only speculate. That being said, G & W should stay cuz he's a creative character that goes back to Nintendo's true roots of gaming and he deserves a spot more than anyone. If he wasn't successful, there'd be no Nintendo now. Pichu should've never been put in because he's just a weaker clone of Pikachu. The other clones are more different than their counterparts, but Pichu just plain is garbage. Paper Mario would be a great addition, but I agree that Mario doesn't have to represent that story. Koops was good and a couple other of his party members/villains from the game would be great in Brawl.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
im just makin a moveset for paper mario, u can hate it if u want to
A- punch with right hand (1%-2%)
AA- punch with left hand (1%-2%)
AAA- slashes arm sideways giving the victim a paper cut (5%-6%)
A>- pulls back hammer and swings. (12%-22%)
Adown- does mario's down A (14%-20%)
^A- twists around and punchs straight as he unravels himself. (14%-18%)
B- pulls out the bomb-omb partner in parer mario 2 and the longer u hold hime there the more dmg he does but the as u hold he willl explde after seconds so drop him earlier then that (15%-25%)
B>- as you hold it in ur koopa partner from paper mario spins around and u kick him once u release. (10%-15%)
Bdown- the vivian or watever her name is pops out (the purple girl from PM2) drops u under the ground for 3 seconds and bringsd u back up. dmg can be done if person is on top of as it releases (12%-28% fire dmg high knockback)
B^- crunches up and shoots up giving him a third jump (8%-12%)
Uair- pulls back head and headbutts (8%-12%)(decent knockback)
Bair- pulls out hammer and swings backwards (12%-16%)
Fair- pulls out fire flower and srays fire (1%-2% per hit)
Dair- flips over face down and punches with both hands down on the enemy (10%-15%)(good knockback)
Nair- marios nair (4%-8%)
Dash- as ur running u pull out ur yoshi partner and ride him charging forward aroun d twice ur normal speed (6%-9%)
Paper mario has same throws as mario but weaker.

SPEED: 4 out of 10
POWER: 7 out of 10
WEIGHT: 2 out of 10
RECOVERY: 9 out of 10
JUMP: 7 out of 10 (just smaller then mario's)

NukeA6

Smash Master
If Paper Mario is in, they might as well add Jumpman, NES Mario, Racoon Mario, Fire Mario, N64 Mario, Fludd Mario, Tiny Mario, etc.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
NukeA6 said:
If Paper Mario is in, they might as well add Jumpman, NES Mario, Racoon Mario, Fire Mario, N64 Mario, Fludd Mario, Tiny Mario, etc.
Tiny Mario is in, technically. And NES Mario, Fire Mario, and N64 Mario are all essentially the Mario in Smash Brothers (I'm not so sure who Jumpman is, though). I get your point though. I vote to take out Dr. Mario if they put in Paper Mario, I'm not a big fan of different versions of characters either. Going through this with FD Link in another thread at the same time.

NukeA6

Smash Master
TDub301 said:
Tiny Mario is in, technically. And NES Mario, Fire Mario, and N64 Mario are all essentially the Mario in Smash Brothers (I'm not so sure who Jumpman is, though). I get your point though. I vote to take out Dr. Mario if they put in Paper Mario, I'm not a big fan of different versions of characters either. Going through this with FD Link in another thread at the same time.
The tiny Mario I'm talking about is from New Super Mario Bros. and Jumpman is Mario from Donkey Kong.

I'm just tired of character suggestions like Raichu, Wind Waker Link, and others that are similar to the characters we already have.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
NukeA6 said:
The tiny Mario I'm talking about is from New Super Mario Bros. and Jumpman is Mario from Donkey Kong.

I'm just tired of character suggestions like Raichu, Wind Waker Link, and others that are similar to the characters we already have.
Aha, I didn't know the Donkey Kong Mario was called Jumpman and I haven't played the new Mario Brothers. That's cool. But I hear ya buddy. I'm still going through a similar thing on the Fierce Diety Link thread. A guy in there said he wants 4 different Links and a lot of people are pushing for FD Link to be a complete character. So, trust me, I'm with you, please no more copies of characters that are already in the game. I don't want Paper Mario unless they take out Doctor Mario. Since Mario is the main character for Nintendo, it wouldn't bother me if he had 2 versions. But no one else, I never thought Young Link should've been in Melee.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I wouldn't mind other Paper Mario characters at all. I'd rather have another character than Mario from the Paper Mario story. You're not being ignored.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Uncle Kenny said:
So witch character would you put in?
The only Paper Mario I've played is Thousand Year Door and I stopped when I finished the second to last part. I don't really remember all the characters (yes, my smoking habit was heavy during those days) but I remember Koops and the Ghost lady with the giant bosoms. Maybe she'd be good, that little Goomba girl would suck, though. Who were the other characters?

c.falcon 58

Smash Apprentice
enough mario characters, thats my opinion

(considering past descisions made on my behalf, i don't think anybody cares about it very much) :(

its fine with me though, i dont care :)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There were Goombella,Koops,Flurrie,Yoshi (I forget his name),Vivian,Bobbery,and Ms. Mowz. I was referring to Jr. Troopa and the Master in the first one. That game was way better than part 2. Jr. Troopa would probabbly have a better moveset but I loved how the master just went from old man to pimp to something out of DBZ.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Oh really? I never played the first one so I don't even know what their moves were or what they looked like. Ya, maybe Koops, Flurrie or Ms. Mowz (I don't remember Vivian). But I'd support another character besides Mario more. I'm not sure who, I think it should be someone who isn't just a normal enemy with a different personality, but maybe that's just me.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Jr. Troopa was this dino-like kid in an egg, but he was severely powerful and had alot of moves. He could grow bat wings, a spike on his head, use a magic staff, increase his defense and power, and he fought you several times in the game all the while getting stronger. The Master was the owner of a dojo where you could go to train. If you defeated both of his students you could fight him. He starts out as an old man swinging a cane. Every time you beat him he gets stronger. The second time you fight him he powers up changing his red outfit to a yellow one and then the last time he gets a flame around him like Goku and can do a triple combo where he punches you, uppercuts you in the air, flips backward to the ground, powers up his fist, and hits you before you touch the ground again. What do you think?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Well characters like Dr. Mario will being getting the axe and characters like Wario will be represented as their own character. Besides Mario saved Nintendo literally. If Donkey Kong Arcade didn't sell they wouldn't even exist. So they need to pay some respect to him and give him a few things more than the other characters. If Geno or Mallow got in they can represent themselves also but I guess The Master and Jr. Troopa are strictly Mario characters.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I really don't think we need another Mario, seeing as they'll add about 2-3 Mario characters, I doubt we'll see him, though I'd like a Creepy Steeple level, or just someway for Doopliss to appear in the game.

Top Bottom