• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paper Mario

courte

Smash Lord
*points to Game&watch in melee*

I dont think there would be any problem.
whoo boy that was something else i mean... how could he have said that... to each their own

i guess he means because paper mario has the element of more than one color, but even then np--i give you all a thought to picture

Metal Paper Mario--the phrase itself breaks reality

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
Paper mario was a popular character in brawl and so it is the best!!! and it should replace dr. mario!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
dude im going to rite a lot of comments so sorry i want to make your thread look hot!!!! well Shadow is the best!!

g-juice656

Smash Cadet
don't you think that!!??!! he will look cool especially if eggman is a boss in subspace emissary!!!!!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
@g-juice: Please don't 5x post. -_-

Speaking of the SE, How would Paper Mario fit if Mario is already in? Would he just have no role at all and be a character you have to unlock without the SE?

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Five posts...Ah. Beaten to the punch.

I really like Doctor Mario, so I don't want to see him kicked out. I wouldn't mind all that much if PaM replaced G&W, though.

Wait, that's it! You'll unlock Paper Mario by picking up his Sticker through some special accomplishment! In a special cinematic, he'll fly out from behind the person who has him and suddenly animate.

On a separate note, what should his avatar be? It would be a shame if he had to share the 'shroom, so... how about a li'l paper airplane?

courte

Smash Lord
@g-juice: Please don't 5x post. -_-

Speaking of the SE, How would Paper Mario fit if Mario is already in? Would he just have no role at all and be a character you have to unlock without the SE?
i'm guessing he'd reach the minister like 1/3 of the way in and the minister would send him to another dimension like FLAT ZONE!! he'd turn into paper mario and fight alongside GAME AND WATCH!!

a guy can dream huh??

shadow deserves to be in with sonic especially with his machine gun!!!!
DEAR GOD-- i'm glad that was a joke

You're trying to get yourself permanently banned again aren't you? I suggest you read this before it happens again:

http://smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=118&a=98
you will also be punished for reciting the rules to other people or stating you'll be banned/booted might wanna read the rules

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Meh... haven't read the rest of the thread, but I must say I would love having Paper Mario in Brawl. he has a lot more personality than regular Mario. He could do all sorts of neat paper folding tricks, and use stuff like his spin attack and hammer, and summon his allies.

I kinda like the idea of him turning into a paper airplane to glide. That would definitely suit him, and please those in favor of more gliding characters. And for his dodge roll? Paper tube! Standing dodge? Dimensional flipping!

I think it would be neat if he could get one of his Goomba companions to Tattle the other fighters in a match (but only on his home stage, like Snake).

FS? Maybe that technique he could use in the original game by collecting all of the star spirits....

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Oh. Guess you're one of those people who won't be pleased no matter what I do (aside from agreeing with you). I just like Paper Mario more than the regular one... his overall simplicity speaks to me. ...okay, now I'm not even making sense to myself. I'll stop talking now.

courte

Smash Lord
whens the last time 3d mario pullet out his hammer??

paper mario is up for doing anything in his list as the 2d mario has had the most representation, and he isn't hesitant about resorting to "old" techniques

personally i wouldn't mind seeing some influences from the other mario rpg's as well
mario and luigi and smrpg

NukeA6

Smash Master
Screw Paper Mario! Dr. Mario will be replaced by Ridley. We already have enough Mario characters.

courte

Smash Lord
theres a couple of complaint threads, and some mourning threads... you can use those, as this is a support thread--and there's never too much mario

courte

Smash Lord
To be honest, I don't think Paper Mario is going to make the cute; After all, one Mario is enough, IMO. But if he DOES make it, it would be neat!

Also, here's something some of you might find interesting, a Paper Mario Wiki:

http://papermario.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Although, so far, there's only one page: the Main Page! :p
technically they already put like 3 in the last one, if you count luigi, so at least theres going to be this time around. i could see them representing the main man twice i mean especially if this time they don't phone it in with lazy fake luigifications

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
technically they already put like 3 in the last one, if you count luigi, so at least theres going to be this time around. i could see them representing the main man twice i mean especially if this time they don't phone it in with lazy fake luigifications
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what are you talking about now?

I never said there wasn't going to be MORE Mario characters, just not another "Mario", if you know what I mean.

courte

Smash Lord
mario mario
luigi mario
doctor mario--considered this one was kinda phoned in i think he can be replaced by someone with an actual standalone series

and who's to say a new mario character is unthinkable; i think the ridley/bowser jr./Celda Link rumor might have inspired some people to cheer for the possibility and "others" to take notice of this support

courte

Smash Lord
u want doctor mario in?!

luigi is and isn't mario i understand that sentiment

personally i'm for mario because yes they made two mario's and they'll probably do it again, but who's to say paper mario can't be career mode mario--a tribute to mario's ability to work almost any job lol

hammer--construction
pills--carpenter
paint--painter

lol j/k

but idk im all for paper mario... yes over doctor mario, if he gets in anyway at all i'm good and if not--no use in crying

Top Bottom