• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Wow, only two more days. While I'm very confident Pacman will be revealed at e3, I can't help but feel a little nervous.
Just keep in mind that, even without Pac (most unlikely scenario) Smash4 will be a great entry in the series... Is already showing off a lot of quality and improvements from past games; Of course we all hope by our beloved mascot being in the game, but even liking the idea so much, I wouldn't be upset at all if he weren't, since Sakurai is already giving to us a incredible game.

Well well.. but without negative vibes here! Just some more Pac-Dots until E3! 8D

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Just keep in mind that, even without Pac (most unlikely scenario) Smash4 will be a great entry in the series... Is already showing off a lot of quality and improvements from past games; Of course we all hope by our beloved mascot being in the game, but even liking the idea so much, I wouldn't be upset at all if he weren't, since Sakurai is already giving to us a incredible game.

Well well.. but without negative vibes here! Just some more Pac-Dots until E3! 8D
Haha, yeah, I agree. Even if Pacman isn't in, this will most likely be the best smash yet. Of course I'd be disappointed, but his absence won't kill my hype for this game. ^^

Azureyoshi

Smash Rookie
This one was minky, but it wasn't even close to that size.

Do you have any idea where I could find the version that was in there? If so, I might just get it.

I'm very, very sorry about the info dump, lol. I had to do some research into this before sharing to be sure, sorry (Bad collector habit). It seems that Pac, Cyli, & Spiral sit at probably around 7", but stand at 10". That one seller I mentioned must have measured Pac by eyebrow-to-toe instead of head-to-toe (Where they got the 11" from). :laugh:

Ok, I did more research and I see the 7" plush all on Namco America's Prize Catalog page: http://www.namcoamerica.com/NAMCOPrize/productcatalog.html#/14/

I looked for Namco Europe's catalog too, but I didn't see them listed yet even though the plush began popping up on eBay from the UK (Slow updating with their catalog?).

Here's the eBay pages for them though:

http://stores.ebay.com/Pluszomania/Pac-man-/_i.html?_fsub=3094870012 (The UK seller's store with the two different sizes of the plushies. Looks like 10" minky & 7" non-minky versions. I find this very strange.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pac-Man-and...t=UK_Soft_Toys_Bears&var=&hash=item5661111834 (Now this page has Pac, Cylindria, & Spiral listed as 10", and the ghosts as 7". Exception is Clyde, who's 8". Check out the description. Pac's sold out here though.)

Are these the plush you've seen? Or were they smaller? :yoshimelee:

Azureyoshi

Smash Rookie
This one was minky, but it wasn't even close to that size.

Do you have any idea where I could find the version that was in there? If so, I might just get it.

We can only hope.

I expect them to use this:

And I honestly wouldn't be upset. It's a pretty good piece of music, and it's more than energetic enough for a reveal. I would like to see it remixed, though. I don't like it when stuff is ripped directly from the games without any changes.
(Sorry. I think I replied wrong the first time.)

I'm very, very sorry about the info dump, lol. I had to do some research into this before sharing to be sure, sorry (Bad collector habit). It seems that Pac, Cyli, & Spiral sit at probably around 7", but stand at 10". That one seller I mentioned must have measured Pac by eyebrow-to-toe instead of head-to-toe (Where they got the 11" from). :laugh:

Ok, I did more research and I see the 7" plush all on Namco America's Prize Catalog page:http://www.namcoamerica.com/NAMCOPrize/productcatalog.html#/14/

I looked for Namco Europe's catalog too, but I didn't see them listed yet even though the plush began popping up on eBay from the UK (Slow updating with their catalog?).

http://stores.ebay.com/Pluszomania/Pac-man-/_i.html?_fsub=3094870012 (The UK seller's store with the two different sizes of the plushies. Looks like 10" minky & 7" non-minky versions. I find this very strange.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pac-Man-and...t=UK_Soft_Toys_Bears&var=&hash=item5661111834 (Now this page has Pac, Cylindria, & Spiral listed as 10", and the ghosts as 7". Exception is Clyde, who's 8". Check out the description. Pac's sold out here though.)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Ok, I did more research and I see the 7" plush all on Namco America's Prize Catalog page:http://www.namcoamerica.com/NAMCOPrize/productcatalog.html#/14/

These are definitely them.

It was definitely minky. I don't think it was 10" tall, though...might be wrong on that, though.

I think the 7" ones in the first link were a different plush entirely. They look like they're built differently.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice

Here's a set of recolors I've made using the original Pac-Man sprite. These recolors are basically clothes with a different skin tones so they can be used by both the classic/World Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Pacster... Also, this was made assuming that Ms. Pac-Man will be an assist trophey or part of the supposed S-Flag summons and not an alternate costume/recolor for playable Pac-Man.

Yellow- Default

Red- Hanna-Barbera/ Pac-Land Pac-Man (Red hat)

Blue- Jr. Pac-Man

Green- Based on this promotional "Pac-Cadet" flyer and Futurama's General Colin Pac-Man. (I really don't expect them to add this in as a real recolor, just couldn't think of anything else for green, lol. P.S. R.I.P. Futurama.)

(Dark) Purple- Professor Pac-Man. (Even though his hat is really black.)

Bonus Costume- DigDug's famous enemy red tomato, the pooka. Pac-Man turns red and dons yellow goggles.

Sorry for long post, I don't know how to add spoiler tags on here. If someone tells me how to then I will update this post and edit it so that the explanation for the colors are under spoilers thus condensing the post.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, you guys must be happy. Supporting the 2nd most likely newcomer that definitely won't be a secret character and pretty much has to be at E3. That's gotta feel good. I'm fully confident he'll be revealed.

Reposting this from a post on Page 69 (last time I cam to this thread):

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Well, you guys must be happy. Supporting the 2nd most likely newcomer that definitely won't be a secret character and pretty much has to be at E3. That's gotta feel good. I'm fully confident he'll be revealed.

Reposting this from a post on Page 69 (last time I cam to this thread):
It's completely likely he'll be revealed in two days, but it's also incredibly nerve-wracking. What if he's not? What if he actually doesn't make it into the game? I'll be so incredibly sad. It's not a likely scenario, but still, I'm nervous. I want E3 to happen now so I can stop worrying!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would kinda suck if Pac-Man was deconfirmed at E3 2014. The haters would rub it in and the detractors would be like "I told you so..." :troll:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Throwing all of my support (and power pellets) in for Pac-man (as a guy who used to play Ms. Pac-man and Super Pac-man (which were the 2 games I was actually decent at), I hope he gets in to complete the Big 4 gaming icons coming together, Mario, Sonic and Megaman (5 if Mr. G&W is considered an icon since he was technically the 1st mascot to Nintendo since he appeared around the same time as Pac-man and a year before Mario made his official debut as Jumpman in Donkey Kong).

Staarih

Smash Master
One of the reasons I would really like to see Pac-Man get in (other than selfish and personal reasons like "I just want him!") is to show all the doubters and haters and whoever that the Pac can actually be a workable, interesting and unique character, which I'm sure he'll be if given the chance. Closer and closer to E3 and the day of reckoning we get... fingers crossed!

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Assuming we get the GA design, Here's some possible alt costumes I found on google.
*Not sure if this has been posted here before.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Pac-Man I have the most confidence in out of all my wanted newcomers. He's super likely in my mind. It's the rest of the characters I want I'm worried about.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Tomorrow's the big day guys. Do you think they will reveal newcomers the first day, or near the end of e3?
at the end of the Smash4's new trailer,.. much like Mega Man! and then, when Smash gets his own event at night, Sakurai would explain better how Pac works. :3

I'm so excited! I can't even focus on my work!

Speculator

Smash Ace
Assuming we get the GA design, Here's some possible alt costumes I found on google.
*Not sure if this has been posted here before.
That's not the Ghostly Adventures design, that's the Pac-Man Party design and the one used in Mario Kart Arcade. I'm almost certain Ghostly Adventures will have no part in Pac-Man's depiction if he is included in SSB4.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
That's not the Ghostly Adventures design, that's the Pac-Man Party design and the one used in Mario Kart Arcade. I'm almost certain Ghostly Adventures will have no part in Pac-Man's depiction if he is included in SSB4.
Hate to break it to you, but that's the Ghostly Adventures design. The Pac-Man Party design had fingerless gloves and shorter limbs. But you are right that this design was used in the recent Mario Kart arcade game. :)

Speculator

Smash Ace
Hate to break it to you, but that's the Ghostly Adventures design. The Pac-Man Party design had fingerless gloves and shorter limbs. But you are right that this design was used in the recent Mario Kart arcade game. :)
I thought the GA design had those weird gross teeth. They were the main difference between the Mario Kart and GA designs that I noticed. :ohwell:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I thought the GA design had those weird gross teeth. They were the main difference between the Mario Kart and GA designs that I noticed. :ohwell:
The GA design does have teeth, but only when they're useful for situations, such as gritting his teeth in anger or grinning in a cheesy way. Otherwise the teeth barely show up. It's a situational thing.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
we'll really talk about designs (again) when all this HYPE is around? 8D... pfff.. I don't care how he will looks, just give me some Pacster playable, Sakurai! 0/

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
You think he vill be portrayed with limbs?
I believe he no needs them for long.

So here is a limbless Pac-Man moveset, but specials only because I'm lazy.
Neutral: Chomp
Pac Man widens his mouth to quite a bit more than usual. It will stay this way as long as the player holds down the B button. If anyone comes in physical contact. Pac-Man will eat them, and then spit them out a second later. He always spits them out a set knock back of 1 SBU, though. The attack does 10% on the chomp, and 4 on the spit.

Side: Pac-Portal
The classic getaway portal makes an appearance. A black space appears in front of Pac-Man and he jumps into it. He then appears behind where he normally was by 8 SBU. A good getaway move if you think about it, but opponents can also use it. The portal stays on the stage for 10 seconds.

Up: Pac-Mania Hop
His vertical recovery, is just terrible. Pac-Man performs the hop he can do in Pac-Mania. The hop is short lived, only going about 1 Snake in the air and about the horizontal recovery of Aether. It's horrible, but Pac-Man can do any of his attacks during this... So that's a benefit.

Down: Roller Skates
From the classic Hyper Pac-Man, a pair of Roller Skates appear on the bottom of Pac-Man (don't ask me how), and in this form he moves twice as fast and his attacks are twice as fast to use.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
^ I thought that was revealed some time ago already?
A month or two ago, yeah. It definitely looks better than the first game, so I'm pretty excited for it. :3 I'm just hoping for another 3DS version too. That game was awesome, just too short for its own good.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
You think he vill be portrayed with limbs?
I believe he no needs them for long.

So here is a limbless Pac-Man moveset, but specials only because I'm lazy.
Neutral: Chomp
Pac Man widens his mouth to quite a bit more than usual. It will stay this way as long as the player holds down the B button. If anyone comes in physical contact. Pac-Man will eat them, and then spit them out a second later. He always spits them out a set knock back of 1 SBU, though. The attack does 10% on the chomp, and 4 on the spit.

Side: Pac-Portal
The classic getaway portal makes an appearance. A black space appears in front of Pac-Man and he jumps into it. He then appears behind where he normally was by 8 SBU. A good getaway move if you think about it, but opponents can also use it. The portal stays on the stage for 10 seconds.

Up: Pac-Mania Hop
His vertical recovery, is just terrible. Pac-Man performs the hop he can do in Pac-Mania. The hop is short lived, only going about 1 Snake in the air and about the horizontal recovery of Aether. It's horrible, but Pac-Man can do any of his attacks during this... So that's a benefit.

Down: Roller Skates
From the classic Hyper Pac-Man, a pair of Roller Skates appear on the bottom of Pac-Man (don't ask me how), and in this form he moves twice as fast and his attacks are twice as fast to use.
So a third-party developer called "Semicom" got the rights to the franchise and in 1995 they developed a Pac-Man game that I haven't heard of until now. I wonder if Namco/Nintendo/Sakurai would actually consider using this in a 2D Pac moveset, especially since after making this game Semicom made an unofficial Pac-Clone sequel called "Twinkle". ( Yep, I did my research.) http://arcade.svatopluk.com/semicom/twinkle/

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

This is the Pac-Man Party design.

This is the Ghostly Adventures design. (Which, by the way, looks so much better with that color.)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

This is the Pac-Man Party design.

This is the Ghostly Adventures design. (Which, by the way, looks so much better with that color.)
Haha the color makes that much of a difference, huh?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Definitely. Just look.
I suppose. I always knew he was yellow, so it wasn't so much a matter of specific color as it was about the design. I know you dislike the GA design, but I didn't think you disliked the color that much.

The way I see it, the color tone can be easily changed due to lighting, environment, whatever, but he's still yellow. I will admit the GA character art pics though tended to be a bit dull. The actual show doesn't feel full though.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I suppose. I always knew he was yellow, so it wasn't so much a matter of specific color as it was about the design. I know you dislike the GA design, but I didn't think you disliked the color that much.

The way I see it, the color tone can be easily changed due to lighting, environment, whatever, but he's still yellow. I will admit the GA character art pics though tended to be a bit dull. The actual show doesn't feel full though.
It might just be because I'm color sensitive and consider pure yellow to slightly orange-tinted yellow my favorite color.

This is about my ideal spectrum (maybe a bit more into the orange spectrum, but you get the idea).

This is the (approximate) base color of the more saturated Pac-Man:

(#FFDD00)

This is the (approximate) base color of the less saturated Pac-Man:

(#FDD95D)

See the difference? The first one is in the spectrum of my favorite colors, and the second isn't even close. That might be what puts me off on the second one so much.

I still do prefer the more simple World design overall, but I actually kind of like the more saturated GA design as well.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It might just be because I'm color sensitive and consider pure yellow to slightly orange-tinted yellow my favorite color.

This is about my ideal spectrum (maybe a bit more into the orange spectrum, but you get the idea).

This is the (approximate) base color of the more saturated Pac-Man:

(#FFDD00)

This is the (approximate) base color of the less saturated Pac-Man:

(#FDD95D)

See the difference? The first one is in the spectrum of my favorite colors, and the second isn't even close. That might be what puts me off on the second one so much.

I still do prefer the more simple World design overall, but I actually kind of like the more saturated GA design as well.
Well that's good to hear. :D Like I said, I can totally agree with the less saturated colors. I just attributed it to bad lighting or something. I dunno. Pac-Man is Pac-Man, and I still really like the GA design overall. Still enjoy the party design too.

Aaaaaaaaa, I honestly don't care! I just can't wait for tomorrow!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well that's good to hear. :D Like I said, I can totally agree with the less saturated colors. I just attributed it to bad lighting or something. I dunno. Pac-Man is Pac-Man, and I still really like the GA design overall. Still enjoy the party design too.
I can agree with that. Pac-Man is always gonna be Pac-Man, regardless of design. It's just something that's interesting to discuss since it's so controversial.

Aaaaaaaaa, I honestly don't care! I just can't wait for tomorrow!
jladkfj;ldghfdaskljfaui;hegfndjsuh;ghjdskalnovh

I'm so hyped for E3. And I just want Pac-Man. The rest of the event can be a complete and total failure and I will not care. Just...Pac-Man.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Soooo, I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this from you guys, but I really hope Pac-Man gets revealed at E3... just not as a playable character. I want him to be either an assist trophy or a stage and have his original 8-bit appearance. The thing is, to most people (myself included), Pac Man is not this smiling yellow ball with arms and legs. He is an 8-bit sprite that chomps his way through a 2-d maze and eats pellets and ghosts. If you asked anyone to name a Pac man game apart from the original (or Miss Pac Man), chances are, they wouldn't even know he had any more games after that (and the ones he did appear to either be mediocre, or straight up bad). His appearance also just doesn't translate well to 3D (I just don't find it aesthetically pleasing). I'm looking forward to seeing his trophy or his stage all its 8-bit glory. To me, using his modern design would be a huge disservice to the classic we all know and love.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I can agree with that. Pac-Man is always gonna be Pac-Man, regardless of design. It's just something that's interesting to discuss since it's so controversial.

jladkfj;ldghfdaskljfaui;hegfndjsuh;ghjdskalnovh

I'm so hyped for E3. And I just want Pac-Man. The rest of the event can be a complete and total failure and I will not care. Just...Pac-Man.
Holy Fairy Queen! It's tomorrow already, isn't it? .... oh my! :3

Soooo, I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this from you guys, but I really hope Pac-Man gets revealed at E3... just not as a playable character. I want him to be either an assist trophy or a stage and have his original 8-bit appearance. The thing is, to most people (myself included), Pac Man is not this smiling yellow ball with arms and legs. He is an 8-bit sprite that chomps his way through a 2-d maze and eats pellets and ghosts. If you asked anyone to name a Pac man game apart from the original (or Miss Pac Man), chances are, they wouldn't even know he had any more games after that (and the ones he did appear to either be mediocre, or straight up bad). His appearance also just doesn't translate well to 3D (I just don't find it aesthetically pleasing). I'm looking forward to seeing his trophy or his stage all its 8-bit glory. To me, using his modern design would be a huge disservice to the classic we all know and love.
sAnick the hadgedgy, is enough said. Well, I'm sorry about you. But our happiness is higher than anything against his inclusion 'u' (which is near of nonexistence)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Coming into a character support thread to say that you hope the character doesn't get in?

Last edited:
Top Bottom