• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I see no problem with @ Sandfall Sandfall sharing his thoughts on the character in this thread. It's a public forum, and he's free to discuss Pac-Man in any manner, so long as he stays on topic and abides by the forum rules. He's not singling anyone out or trying to stir up a flame war, so I welcome anything he has to say here.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I see no problem with @ Sandfall Sandfall sharing his thoughts on the character in this thread. It's a public forum, and he's free to discuss Pac-Man in any manner, so long as he stays on topic and abides by the forum rules. He's not singling anyone out or trying to stir up a flame war, so I welcome anything he has to say here.
Very true. He's not even a pac-hater and i find his replies much more respectful than past "visitors" (smaschu)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Yeah, I don't have a problem with him being here either. It's making for interesting discussion. :)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Nothing against his opinions as well, @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles ... is just a subject that kill the hype.. "you know how Pac-Man should be in Smash? as a sprite/stage/assist trophy".. I mean, c'mon... We're not through the threads saying that Palutena is just an statue and Ridley is a boss.

In another circumstances would make a good debate, .. but not now... not today. Let just the hype and happiness intensify!

EDIT: (I guess I'm alone on this.. but I'm not in favor of a serious discussion [over a pointless subject,.. like what "should" or what "shouldn't"]) today... a special day for all us.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Nothing against his opinions as well, @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles ... is just a subject that kill the hype.. "you know how Pac-Man should be in Smash? as a sprite/stage/assist trophy".. I mean, c'mon... We're not through the threads saying that Palutena is just an statue and Ridley is a boss.

In another circumstances would make a good debate, .. but not now... not today. Let just the hype and happiness intensify!
Though I do like good conversation and debate, I do also have to agree with this. These are the best Pac-Man's chances have ever been, and we've been riding a pretty good vibe. To have someone come in the day before his potential reveal and say he should be an assist trophy and a Tales or Soul Calibur character should be playable instead kinda dulls that vibe. Probably why we all got so stirred up at the topic. We've dealt with it before, but not on the verge of all of our hopes coming true. xD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Though I do like good conversation and debate, I do also have to agree with this. These are the best Pac-Man's chances have ever been, and we've been riding a pretty good vibe. To have someone come in the day before his potential reveal and say he should be an assist trophy and a Tales or Soul Calibur character should be playable instead kinda dulls that vibe. Probably why we all got so stirred up at the topic. We've dealt with it before, but not on the verge of all of our hopes coming true. xD
yeah, pretty much this. Don't get me wrong, I love a debate as well, and we all had time to discuss a lot... through long and painful months (and years for some here). I have to apologize with everybody... but I'm not in my normal state. @~@; I just need this event starting right now!

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
We're basically 12 hours away from Pac-Man's reveal. I'm so hyped, seeing the legendary Pac-Man in a game that'll be played for years and years. :bluejump::awesome::estatic:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Yeah, that was really bad timing on my part. Sorry guys!

Also, even if I don't share your sentiments, I still wish you all luck tomorrow at E3!

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Approximately 11 hours 'til the hype train atrives at Nintendo @ E3 2014. Heading to my room on the train and to sleep on the bunk. Good night guys, I'l see you all after the presentation. Here's to a brighter future for Pac-Man supporters, starting tomorrow when they announce Pac-Man as a playable character. I have full confidence that Pac-Man will be announced here if not then at a follow-up SmashBros-central Nintendo Direct and that's IF they don't have enough time for all the new SSB info and they go ahead and announce one, which I highly doubt since allof the momentum will be durring the E3 direct, even then I still except a clear teaser of Pac-Man before the Nintendo Direct starts similar to Next Level dropping hints about Little Mac. What I am trying to say is that no matter how much doubt or nervousnes you have you should never give-up hope!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I always get really skeptical during times like these, and it's not helping when everyone keeps saying "Pac-Man is definitely going to be revealed!", because that's when I get the feeling that he's way too expected to be a surprise reveal at E3 and maybe not shown at all and geez, my mind is a mess haha!

...I need some reassuring. Better go through this thread again before the Nintendo conference. About 8 hours to go!

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I do have a question for you @ Sandfall Sandfall

I'm not sure if you've been asked this or have noted this, but do you really think Sakurai and Bamco would go through all the legal issues, loops and troubles of Pacman just to have him as an AT?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Been playing this for a while now.

Getting dat Pac Man hype fever, yo.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I really don't understand the hate this guy gets, people gets up his design for being ugly, boring and plain but I really don't see it.

The only thing I don't find to appealing is his voice but thats not really a problem in my eyes.

Also I don't think he is necessarily going to be revealed tonight, even if he is playable. Other Third parties need to be revealed prior to release because they have to put their company names on the box but since Namco is working on it, Pac Man would make an excellent hidden character in the game as the ultimate surprise, because most would think if he isn't revealed, he won't be playable.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Might aswell congratulate you guys already, Pac-Man is absolutely guaranteed if you ask me, there's just no way he doesn't appear today, so you people can rightfully just blast the Pac hype unlike certain other threads. I haven't been posting in here, and for good reason, I'm not hot on Pac-Man at all, but it's always nice when a decent-sized group of people get what they want, that alone makes it a worthy inclusion I suppose, so I thought it was in order to just shoot up a message here, and I guess it's a decent time to do so too before the thread gets spammed to hell and back.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
It's now or never for Pac imo
Bamco/Nintendo/Sakurai are probably going to want market and advertise the hell out of Pac.

So, do we think he'll be in the Digital event, Like WFT, Or during the invitational?(maybe)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Pac-Man will give the victor of the tournament the honour of being consumed IRL. It's like Nidhogg.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So, do we think he'll be in the Digital event, Like WFT, Or during the invitational?(maybe)
I believe he'll be in the Digital Event (aka main event), if not, I won't give up until the last minute of Nintendo at E3. 8;D

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I love how anytime some big event on the internet is about to happen, my connection get's really dodgy.

I hope it fixes it self soon ;-;

fill

20EggsEggs
It's now or never for Pac imo
Bamco/Nintendo/Sakurai are probably going to want market and advertise the hell out of Pac.

E3 or bust for Pac, for promo reasons. But lets say we end up with 3 third parties, no snake. do you think they will have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac on the Box art? or do a similar Brawl look?

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
E3 or bust for Pac, for promo reasons. But lets say we end up with 3 third parties, no snake. do you think they will have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac on the Box art? or do a similar Brawl look?
It honestly depends. I know it's a "strange" reason for it to depend on for me, but if this is the last Smash game Sakurai is going to make, I think we'll see, Sonic, Mario, Mega Man, and Pac on it with something similar to Brawl.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
do you think they will have Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac on the Box art? or do a similar Brawl look?
We had a Box Art thread somewhere; there I said that, even being an awesome the idea of having all the 3rd parties on the front, I'd prefer them on the back of the box, much like in Brawl... Is a Nintendo All-Stars Fighting game, after all.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Well, I made this because I have no clue on how to make gifs, I had it done about 10 minutes ago but it didn't save to the proper place.
So have this! 3 hours! give or take a couple minutes...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm eating just few snacks for now... but I'll just have lunch after the Digital Event, I won't go anywhere until the very end.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Nothing is more important to me at this moment.. I said in my job that I wouldn't be able to go to work today, because I had an important and "personal thing" to do. I'm glad my boss accepted so easily. I'm not even caring how many extra hours I'll need to do after this day OFF work.... I'm just want some Pac goodness!

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Nothing is more important to me at this moment.. I said in my job that I wouldn't be able to go to work today, because I had an important and "personal thing" to do. I'm glad my boss accepted so easily. I'm not even caring how many extra hours I'll need to do after this day OFF work.... I'm just want some Pac goodness!
I'm probably going to stream the direct while I'm at work. I shouldn't, but this is too big for me to miss :X

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm probably going to stream the direct while I'm at work. I shouldn't, but this is too big for me to miss :X
I couldn't do this at my job... I work with a computer, but, there's several sites locked (I usually read NeoGAF forums, though).. and if the Nintendo wasn't blocked as well, I wouldn't hear any sound either... it's also disabled. D=. Anyway... In this situation, I'd scream of hype, so, the better thing to do was skip job today! =P

but good luck, Bauske! be careful to not be caught! XD (I dunno how your boss would react to this, anyway)

Top Bottom