• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh, good! I already saw the images! You can play as Cily and Spiral now? Cool!... I can't watch the trailer, though...I'm in the work.

But seriously, I can't wait! 8D... And I'm loving people "worry" about Pac's presence in Smash; .. Will be more fun fight those people ONline with Pacster =P.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
really? I didn't saw this announcement yet; for me is great news, I enjoyed the first game.. but I really hope that they put some extra effort in this new one... I'm in favor of NAMCO continue doing the best they can with the reboot.

And I honestly hope that is a Nintendo exclusive too. (and the funny thing that the first G.A. game, still wasn't released in Japan,.. will be in June 25th).
Here it is.

D

Deleted member

I was about to mention the GA sequel.

It's already been brought up.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Apparently, there will be a Ghostly Adventures sequel this year. Even after the last game just flopped. :troll:
I also know they signed on for a season two of the show, which I'm excited for. I really enjoyed it and would love to see more episodes.

As for the game, yeah, I don't doubt it flopped, but I think Namco expected that. The show is still picking up popularity and fans, so it's not going to be perfect right away. I do hope they polish the games up a bit more this time around however. The 3DS version was excellent, but the console versions could have used a bit more work in small areas.

Here it is.
*gasp* Oh man, it looks fun! It looks like they're taking the sturdy platforming elements of the last game (I especially loved the Metal Pac gravity segments) and adding more and more to the mix. This makes me excited! :D

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Music

Also, I fixed the typos in my moveset.

Stage Music

Inky's Blade o' Matic (Pac-Man world 2)

Spooky (Pac-Man world 2)

King Galaxian (Pac-Man world 1)

Match Victory theme

A remixed version of this of course

Star KO sound effect

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Now, I'm home and I could watch the trailer! The game really seems pretty cool,... already showed more complexity than the previous, which can shut some mouths (altough I always prefered Pac-Man platforms being more simple, as in the Pac-Man World days)... And you know? Besides some, inevitable, annoying comments from the haters, seems that the announcement of the sequel was well welcomed... nothing like Half-Life 3, but hey, I saw very nice receptions like "the first one was nice, I would try the sequel"... people should appreciate more those kind of simplistic platform games, after all, was from this genre that games like Super Mario Galaxy were born. =P

Now... the question... E3 is close from the release of Ghostly Adventures 1 in Japan,... will Ghostly Adventures 2 having some significance in Pacster's marketing in Smash? I mean "Want to know more about Pac-Man? Visit the Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 official site", while in Japan the link is from the first game?. XD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So anyway, 3DS gets Ghostly Adventure stage while the Wii U gets the Maze?

:awesome:
was what I was talking here before... We don't know if the guest characters will receive a stage in the 3DS version too... but all the 3rd Party characters in Smash (and potentially Pac-Man) have games in common in both Nintendo handheld and consoles;... Mega Man has Mega Man II on 3DS' Virtual Console and, besides the Wii U's and Wii's Virtual Console, the game was on the NES anyway... Sonic has Sonic Lost World in the 3DS and Wii U too... as Pac-Man has Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures and the NES port from the original Arcade Pac-Man on 3DS and Wii U. ... in terms, all the 3 guests could get the same stage from the Wii U version in the 3DS version... I guess.

But if Pac could get some different stage that isn't the maze... certainly I would choose Pacopolis. And I think that would be the most logical choice anyway.

-----------------------
What theme should be played for Pac-Man's hypothetical trailer?
definitely this /\

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Oh also! They didn't show this yesterday, but they did mention it and I kind of missed it. They're also releasing a sequel on the 3DS. While the console version of the game was okay, the 3DS game was actually really great, aside from its short length. Seriously, it was like 4-6 hours long, if you weren't going for collectibles. The stage design, platforming, and combo system were really superb in the first 3DS game, so I hope they take that same system and make a bigger, more robust game this time around, because that was my only issue with the first one. Otherwise it was an A+ game.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Hey guys! Been a silent Pac-Man supporter for a while now, but I think it's time to show my support here in the official thread. The Namco items are certainly a good sign for Pac-Man making it in, so here's hoping we get a reveal soon!

Knowing Sakurai, I fully expect him to make Pac-Man's reveal trailer start as a trailer for a new Luigi's Mansion. Luigi is surrounded by ghosts, then suddenly all the ghosts turn blue, and Pac-Man makes his entrance by eating all of them.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Hey guys! Been a silent Pac-Man supporter for a while now, but I think it's time to show my support here in the official thread. The Namco items are certainly a good sign for Pac-Man making it in, so here's hoping we get a reveal soon!

Knowing Sakurai, I fully expect him to make Pac-Man's reveal trailer start as a trailer for a new Luigi's Mansion. Luigi is surrounded by ghosts, then suddenly all the ghosts turn blue, and Pac-Man makes his entrance by eating all of them.
Hey there! Welcome to the support thread. We all really appreciate it! :D

And yeah, I'm hoping that Pac-Man's reveal trailer in some way features boos or ghosts from the Mario series, but even if not, I know they're going to make it retro, fun, and change people's minds about Pac-Man's inclusion.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Realistic ghosts as in, the spirits of dead people? The Zelda series has. (Ex. Dampé in Ocarina of Time)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Oh man. What if they just did a montage. What if they had the poes from Zelda, boos from Mario, and the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion in there, terrorizing the fighters, the Pac-Man comes in and chomps them all? Might be a bit much, but it would be a great trailer showing Pac-Man's got something special no one else has.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh man. What if they just did a montage. What if they had the poes from Zelda, boos from Mario, and the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion in there, terrorizing the fighters, the Pac-Man comes in and chomps them all? Might be a bit much, but it would be a great trailer showing Pac-Man's got something special no one else has.
It could easily be a remake of that Ghostly Adventures scene from the intro (you know the one).

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think another humorous idea for a reveal trailer would be to have (inexplicably) giant versions of Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Charizard destroying a city in a grandiose battle royale. Suddenly, a Godzilla-esque roar is heard, shaking the very earth and breaking glass architecture. The three combatants turn to face an even larger monstrosity: a giant Pac-Man rises from the ocean. The camera focusing on the new arrival, he burps, and a cloud of ghostly eyeballs float out. He smirks, shrugs, and approaches the others, knocking down buildings in his wake. The splash screen appears, then we see a zoomed-out view of the city from above. Pac-Man is seen chasing the others in an urban maze.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
All these ideas are awesome. Pac-Man has to be revealed at E3! He just has to be. If he's not, I fear he won't be in the game at all. Just a little over a month left to go until we know for sure. The wait is killing me.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm really looking forward for the new Ghostly Adventures game; ...but I'm still wondering why NAMCO announced that before the first one be released on Japan; ... lol.

maybe for they having more content about Pac-Man at E3 (which they would give a release date, together with the presence of Pacster in Smash).. or maybe the second game is a western exclusive.. Pac-Man World 3 was released only in the west, if I recall correctly.

there's a still a possibility that the Ghostly Adventures 2 be released in Japan only next year, just like the G.A.1 now... lol, is weird.

oh, btw... some weeks ago, NAMCO released the japanease trailer for the 3DS version;
in a side note, in Japan パック ワールド (Pac-World) will be released only on Wii U, 3DS and PS3. Not surprising, since the Xbox360 doesn't have too much appeal there. :\/

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ghostly Adventures sell 0 copies on the Xbox 360, if it were available in Japan. It didn't sell very well elsewhere on that system. Japanese sales would probably be so minimal that they wouldn't even make a blip on the radar.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ghostly Adventures sell 0 copies on the Xbox 360, if it were available in Japan. It didn't sell very well elsewhere on that system. Japanese sales would probably be so minimal that they wouldn't even make a blip on the radar.
Pac is more appellative there,.. as seen in IDOLM@STER and such; and the japanese culture likes colorful cartoon with a lot of nonstop dialogues. .. I think that will sell more there than here. But the thing on the second game be announced so close of the release of the first game in Japan, still sounds weird to me. lol.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I don't know how many of my fellow Pac-Man supporters are anime/manga fans, but I thought I'd share this relevant gem with you from Toriko:

4:18 for Pac-Relatedness.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I don't know how many of my fellow Pac-Man supporters are anime/manga fans, but I thought I'd share this relevant gem with you from Toriko:

4:18 for Pac-Relatedness.
Oh I get what you are trying to say, Toriko= Popular in Japan, Sakurai= Japanese, Toriko=Pacman
Toriko confirmed and his final smash is Pacman

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I would like the "Pac-Man" stage on the Wii U... and the "Pac-Land" stage on the 3DS.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Huh?!?!? Pac-man ghostly adventures got a sequel less than a year

Oh my thats even more support for a reveal at E3 for smash show the pac-man trailer and then a trailer of ghostly. Adventures 2

(In my opinion anyway)

Top Bottom