• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Problem is if they're like 13-16, they are acting their age. ;p

But yes, I agree. When I first came to Smashboards, it was to see what people thought of Pac-Man being included. What I got were all these characters I never even considered or knew that well, such as Palutena, Shulk, and Takamaru. But instead of shouting "no one knows who those characters are! they don't stand a chance! they don't belong in smash!" I instead looked them up, watched some videos or read up on the characters. I even went to their respective character support threads to learn more about them and learn about their chances to be included, and then supported or didn't support them depending on how I felt. Unfortunately, not a lot of people do that same thing. They see Pac-Man, think "I don't like him," and that's it. They don't take it any further and then get confused when other people support the character and they don't, which only fuels their dislike even greater.

There honestly is no reason for anyone to dislike Pac-Man being included in Smash other than lack of knowledge or negative bias. If you think about him logically and about his potential as a character, he makes complete sense. I'm glad a lot more people are seeing that and the negative nancies are in the minority.
I guess I'm pretty mature for my age then, XD.
I'm gonna be honest. I'm only 16 and didn't experience classic pac-man games such as pacman 2 or pac-in-time. But I did however, get introduced to his later games such as the world series. The first video game I ever played was pac-man world 2 and kick-started my love of video games in general. I grew up with other games such as donkey kong country, sonic advance 3, crash bandicoot, Kirby, Mario, and various other games. But Pac-man always had a special place in my heart over the rest of the games I ever played.
I never played megaman, banjo and kazooie, bomberman, ridley, shulk, Lloyd irving, and many other characters that people on this forum worship and say, "Deserves a spot!" but I never insulted the fanbases of their respected characters. I was shocked when I saw that there were people who hated pac-man and said how he would just take up a spot. This is the only reason I had some disdain for Lloyd irving because of how vicious his supporters are to pac-man supporters. I even disliked megaman because of how they most of them used to belittle pac-man's relationship to Nintendo in comparison to megaman (which is ridiculous because pacman's gigantic relationship with nintendo) but over time, I studied mega man more, played a few games, and grew to like him. People must learn to respect other people's opinions and interests. When people finally learn that everyone's belief matters, then maybe we'll be one step closer to a peaceful world.
Yeah, i'm a bit of an idealist ;)

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Awesome points there, shadowjosh! And I certainly won't disagree with you about Sonic or Mega Man. While I was never a huge Sonic fan, I always thought he was a cool character. But Mega Man... dang. Other than Pac-Man, I grew up with Mega Man. My dad bought me my first-ever game console when I was a kid: the NES. And I didn't get Super Mario Bros. with mine. No, I got Mega Man 2. I played the crap out of it and beat it so many times. And then when Mega Man 3 came out I did it all over again. The classic Mega Man series is by far one of my favorite in all of gaming history, right up there with Pac-Man, so he's definitely incredible to see included, especially the way they presented him in his classic form with classic moves. I really hope Pac-Man gets the same love as well.
My brother owned an NES and I messed around with a game or two (with cheats lol, I was five years old). But the Genesis and Sonic 1 were my first experience with really playing a game all the way through. So, I admit I hold a little Sega loyalty now even long after the console wars ended for me. Dreamcast 2 will come eventually!

*achem*

But I absolutely get where you're coming from. I think all my supported characters for this game are characters from my youth. I never got into the Pac-Man classics personally, (I wasn't even alive) but I guess I support him getting in because I have had that happen with two of my favorite third party characters and I know how awesome it is. I will always support old gaming mascots over newer characters.

If Pac is in, he'll have a stage. I'm thinking we have to have some classic Pac representation but his games obviously didn't have soundtracks then. You think a Pac stage will do what Donkey Kong(stage) did and have medleys of sound effects and simple tunes? It could be awesome if done right.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
@ shadowjosh shadowjosh That describes me as well. I'm Sega-gaga, even though I grew up with Sony and Nintendo. I love my Dreamcast. And I pretty much always prefer older mascots to newer characters.

Man, you guys are all so young, and Bauske has a decade or two on some of you. Meanwhile, I'm here in the middle.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Haha, yeah, I'm old. But not too old! But if I were born just a year earlier, I would have been born the same year Pac-Man came out, and that would have been the best thing ever.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Haha, yeah, I'm old. But not too old! But if I were born just a year earlier, I would have been born the same year Pac-Man came out, and that would have been the best thing ever.
Honestly, it's refreshing seeing that some older Pac-Man fans are still around today. I hardly ever see people from the era of Pac-Man Fever.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Hah, it's hard thinking of 29 as young. In fact, I'm dreading next year with a passion...

But, I'm still not old enough for Pac. My brother is though, so I do remember playing the Atari 5200 Ms. Pac-Man a few times. And failing miserably, but that's to be expected. I think the farthest I got back then was screen 3. :laugh:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hah! How true that is. Unfortunately, people on Miiverse rarely talk about Pac-Man. I browse the Smash community occasionally to see if anyone has done any Pac-Man fan art and there rarely is any, and if there is, there are people saying he doesn't belong. :( So sad, but I feel like a lot of those people are the middle teens or early 20s who didn't grow up with him, so they don't see him as important to the gaming world.
I try to do my part posting things in Pacster's favor on Miiverse...

but you know,.. not if that I care too much to try to convince people there... that place is incorrigible, and they're in the big majority, just kids.... We don't even need to bother in discuss... I just post """"art"""" ocasionaly 'cause I like to draw. =P

-----EDIT----
Oh... the current subject is age? ..Well, I'm 20, ..and I'll be 21 in some months. My first game was Sonic 1 8-Bit on Master System,... after that, I got a SNES, and Super Mario World turned in my favorite game at the time. But Pac-Man games growed in me by its simplicity,... I loved to play in the Arcades next to my house (although in this time, they were already pretty hard to find), and then, NAMCO Museum on my PSone years later... I got introduced to Pac-Man World and then, I started to play everything I could on the Pac's story. =P
Pac-Man turned in my favorite character.. before Mario, and before Sonic.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm 15 as well. My earliest memory of playing a video game is Mario Kart 64, but I know I played before that.

Smady

Smash Master
I'm in my 20s. Pac-Man seems to bring together fans of all ages. Not surprising for such a long-standing icon, this is just a small aspect of Pac-Man's wide-ranging appeal. Also happy that in the RTC thread, Pac-Man is now in the top ten of want! Not such a "likely but not liked" character after all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Interesting topic, I'll reach the big two-oh in a month. I've said it before, but my first game was Pac-Man, followed by Super Mario Bros. My father was amazing at Pac-Man and me mum was great at Mario, it's how I got into gaming which is ironic now because they both hate it... I'm not as big of a Pac-fan as most of you here, I had only played the original and then Pac-Man 2 on the Genesis, and eventually some of Pac-Man World 2 on the GameCube. Most of my early childhood was with the SNES and Genesis, then the PS1 and N64 later on, I did love me some Mario and Sonic, mostly Donkey Kong though. I did have a Namco Museum game on the PS1, which got me into Dig-Dug and Galaga, it also gave me the chance to try out Ms. Pac-Man. Probably why I associate Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga together. I still have a place for Pac-Man, and even if I didn't, it would be an honor to have a legend like him showing up next to Nintendo's own characters. I don't understand how anyone could not want him, but I guess most people tend to be a bit short sighted, a lot of them are just children as well... Here's hoping the Pac is back.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Pac-Man is one of those games that is still fun after all these years. When I was a kid I'd try some of the old arcade games but Space Invaders got boring quick and Mario Bros got me wondering if people in the past were that bored. Pac-Man on the other hand was a blast and still is good to boot up every now and then.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think Pac-Man is one of those games that is still fun after all these years. When I was a kid I'd try some of the old arcade games but Space Invaders got boring quick and Mario Bros got me wondering if people in the past were that bored. Pac-Man on the other hand was a blast and still is good to boot up every now and then.
The original Pac-Man is one of those games that just has a formula that works. It never gets old.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'm in my 20s. Pac-Man seems to bring together fans of all ages. Not surprising for such a long-standing icon, this is just a small aspect of Pac-Man's wide-ranging appeal. Also happy that in the RTC thread, Pac-Man is now in the top ten of want! Not such a "likely but not liked" character after all.
I'm also in my 20s, 23 to be exact... Well, currently anyway, since we're getting closer to my birthday and E3. If I'm remembering correctly, I believe the first two Donkey Kong Country games were the first I've ever played when I was at a rather young age. I know for a fact that when I was 5, the first three gaming consoles I've ever owned were the N64, Sega Genesis and Gameboy Color. (Yes, I was a bit of a Nintendo and Sega fanboy at the time xD) In my long experience and history as a gamer, I've played a very wide variety of video games, such as Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, BattleToads, Disney, Shrek, Harry Potter, Beyblade, F-Zero, Spyro, Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros., Bakugan, Lego, Skylanders, TY the Tasmanian Tiger (My middle name is in the title of that particular series), Jak & Daxter, Zelda, Pikmin, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and Galaga.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Okay guys, I have the plan for a new OP. Tell me what you think:

First, the description, obviously. May change this up a bit. Just introducing Pac-Man.

Then a section dedicated to the movesets. (link me your image or written sets here and I'll be sure to add them)

Stages, music (may need some help on this one), other Pac-Man extras.

Arguments (thanks Bridges).

Signature icons (way too long without a section for those).

This may be the last time the OP gets updated properly until E3, where I feel it's highly likely Pac-Man will be confirmed in or out, so be sure to link me all the stuff you'd like in the OP. I'd love for someone to do a section on Pac's music, and if you can get together stuff like the big image discussing Namco/Nintendo's history that'd also be good.

Of course I will do the brunt of the work myself if need be, but if you guys want to be involved, the more the merrier.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Okay guys, I have the plan for a new OP. Tell me what you think:

First, the description, obviously. May change this up a bit. Just introducing Pac-Man.

Then a section dedicated to the movesets. (link me your image or written sets here and I'll be sure to add them)

Stages, music (may need some help on this one), other Pac-Man extras.

Arguments (thanks Bridges).

Signature icons (way too long without a section for those).

This may be the last time the OP gets updated properly until E3, where I feel it's highly likely Pac-Man will be confirmed in or out, so be sure to link me all the stuff you'd like in the OP. I'd love for someone to do a section on Pac's music, and if you can get together stuff like the big image discussing Namco/Nintendo's history that'd also be good.

Of course I will do the brunt of the work myself if need be, but if you guys want to be involved, the more the merrier.
I have several Roster Maker Icons for Pac-Man, if you want to include them...

Also, my Pac-Man moveset is complete! I'll have to upload the images and edit them.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Here you go!

My moveset for the op!

Pac-Man Chows Down !

STATS
  • Size: 3/5 (Mario height)
  • Weight: 2.5/5 (average weight)
  • Power: 3.5/5 (above average power)
  • Ground Speed: 2.5/5 (below average, comparable to Falco)
  • Traction: 5/5 (stops and turns on a dime like in arcade game)
  • Jump Ability: 2.5/5 (average, down special helps this)
  • Air Speed: 3/5
  • Fall Speed: 3/5
Specials

(From Original Arcade Game)
B Special: CHOMP!

Pac-Man eats the opponent and gains 5% back to his percentage bar per second. Pac-Man can still walk around normally and do any attacks that don't involve eating like his forward smash(He doesn't slow down like Kirby) for up to 2 seconds until Pac-Man then has to shoot the opponent out of his mouth in the form of eyeballs that turn back into the foe after knockback is done. This move can be aimed in 4 directions, akin to the vertical/horizontal gameplay of the original. Aiming it downward on the ground lays the opponent down like G&W's down grab. When jumping in the air, the downward aim spikes. This move's knockback can not be DI'd out of, but is affected by percentage making this a great KO move.

(From Original Arcade Game)
Down B: Maze Teleport
Pac-Man walks into an empty void like in the arcade game. For two seconds, Pac-Man can walk around while still invisible and invulnerable. Then after two seconds, Pac-Man comes out in the opposite direction he walked in from while chomping. Pac-Man's mouth is a hitbox. An Excellent get-away or sneak attack move. Also great for approach.

(From Pac-Man world Series)
Side B: Pac-Dot Stun

Pac-Man throws a pac-dot at the opponent that stuns them like falco's laser. You can charge for 1 second by holding down B. The dot flies faster, stuns the opponent longer, and does more damage the longer it is charged.

View attachment 12754
(From Pac-Man world Series)
Up B: Red Pac-Dot

-Pac-Man throws out a red pac dot and eats it. He turns back into 8 bit form and a ghost chases him while he is eating. When he does a line of pac-dots form in mid air. You can control where the pac-dots turn. It can also latch onto the stage. Pac-Man eats the dots as fast as a fire fox's speed. The hitboxes in this move are Pac-Man and the ghost.

Smashes

Forward smash- Chomp Chain:
Pac-Man opens his mouth and charges up. When released, Pac-Man flies forward mouth first and chomps rapidly toward opponents. This smash attack is unique in that it dashes Pac-Man forward. There is a special mechanic however. When Pac-Man chomps an opponent, the enemy and Pac-Man freeze, and then points show up on the screen like in the original game. Pac-Man chomps 4 times during the attack, every time the chomp connects, the points displayed will double, the damage will double, and the knockback will as well. A very powerful attack even without charging. While charged, can do up to 45% damage if all hits connect. Very High knockback (comparable to Snake's forward smash) on last hit.

(From Galaga)
Up Smash- Galaga Ship:

Pac-man points a galaga ship upwards and shoots. The bullet ascends until it passes the blast line.

Down Smash- Metal Pac
Pac-man jumps upward and slams down on the ground causing a shockwave. High vertical Knockback.

Taunts
Up-taunt - pacman turns back into 8 bit and does his dying animation with the death music.
Down taunt- pac-man turns and gives a thumbs up to the audience
Side-taunt- pacman throws and kicks a pac dot around like a soccer ball then eats it. From pacman world series
Throws
Grab: Pac-man sends out a dig-dug pump and catches the opponent. Very fast start-up with no ending lag.
Pummel: Inflation - Pac-man inflates the opponent with the pump from the original dig-dug game. The special aspect of this pummel is that after about 3 pummels the opponent is automatically released with high knockback, but if you don't throw them, or pummel them again after about .5 seconds, the opponent is simply released in front of you and left immobile for 1 second.
F- throw - Pellet shoot : pacman throws opponent up, and blasts them forward with rapid-fire pellets. Can hit nearby opponents. Great for blasting opponents off the stage.
D-throw: Ribbon-loop - pacman spits the opponent on the ground and eats a ribbon loop pellet. The opponent stands up while pac-man circles around the opponent. A circle appears around them and then closes in on them, exploding on contact. Sends opponents upwards
U-throw - Flip kick: pacman spits out opponents upward and flip kicks them. average vertical knockback
B-throw- toss: pacman tosses opponent diagonally backwards and chomps opponents as they go upward. Three hits in total.
Final Smash

Pac-man eats a power pellet and everyone turns blue. Some people even revert to ghost forms (like boo Mario and luigi). Pac-man turns into 8 bit form and if he chomps you then it is an immediate KO while point show up on the screen after every kill. Lasts for about 10 seconds and everyone turns back to normal with pac-man being brought back to his 3d form.
End of Match Screen

(Defeat)
Pac-man sits on the ground like this only without armor while scratching his head.

Victory

The pac-man opening theme plays while pac-man is chasing a ghost. He finally eats it and gives a thumbs up.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Have anyone decided whether Pac-Man would be a lightweight, a middleweight, or a heavyweight?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Have I ever came to show my support?
I feel like I've never been to this thread before...
Well, I do support him.
Welcome to the thread! Your support is very welcome! :D

Have anyone decided whether Pac-Man would be a lightweight, a middleweight, or a heavyweight?
I would class him as a middleweight. I really hope they don't make him a lightweight. I'd say he's an all-around character and his weight would be similar to Mario's.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So, SmashDaddy, here's my contribution for update of the OP; ...it's actually a compilation of everything I have done since I joined Smashboards XD.... Here we go:
Moveset

Size Comparision
with the characters in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX;

and with the Smash Bros. cast;

credit to @Angelglory for the original character model lineup

Hyper Art

Defense about "relevance"

Stage Concept: The Maze "256"
\/ a better look in the K.O. limits. \/

Random Montages

Miiverse Stuff

Music Suggestions

Last edited:

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I seriously need to be apart of this thread more. I honestly believe Pacman's chances are so likely that i'd be surprised if he wasn't in the game. Well, i thought it'd put in my contribution by talking about his alternate costume. It looks like the newcomers are the only ones (so far) to have these alternative costumes and if Pacman does end up in the game then his classic appearance seems the most likely. If they could go to the extreme and add the classic polygon Little Mac in the game then adding classic Pacman shouldn't bee too much of a stretch. Another thing, i think i'd be hilarious if they added the classic arcade version of Pacman as an assist trophy and had him chomp enemies around. It's unlikely, i know, but it'd be an interesting concept.

Also, since a few of you are posting Miiverse photos of Pacman i though't id share one of mine.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
If you're considering adding Miiverse pics to the OP, Smady, I'll gladly respost my own drawings to be added along with everyone else's. Seems Pac-Man fans are really into Miiverse. I suppose we need some sort of outlet to express our support beyond this thread.

I really should do more Pac-Man drawings eventually. Maybe when/if he gets revealed.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
If you're considering adding Miiverse pics to the OP, Smady, I'll gladly respost my own drawings to be added along with everyone else's. Seems Pac-Man fans are really into Miiverse. I suppose we need some sort of outlet to express our support beyond this thread.

I really should do more Pac-Man drawings eventually. Maybe when/if he gets revealed.
How do people do those perfectly straight lines on Miiverse? xD It's so hard to draw on the tiny 3DS screen since you can't zoom in at all.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So, SmashDaddy, here's my contribution for update of the OP; ...it's actually a compilation of everything I have done since I joined Smashboards XD.... Here we go:
Moveset

Size Comparision
with the characters in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX;

and with the Smash Bros. cast;

credit to @Angelglory for the original character model lineup

Hyper Art

Defense about "relevance"

Stage Concept: The Maze "256"
\/ a better look in the K.O. limits. \/

Random Montages

Miiverse Stuff

Music Suggestions

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
I really want a good music section, but I can make it myself. What I would like is any recommendations, as I'm not too well-versed in all the music of Pac-Man. Just post your favourites and I'll use them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, there will be a Ghostly Adventures sequel this year. Even after the last game just flopped. :troll:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Apparently, there will be a Ghostly Adventures sequel this year. Even after the last game just flopped. :troll:
really? I didn't saw this announcement yet; for me is great news, I enjoyed the first game.. but I really hope that they put some extra effort in this new one... I'm in favor of NAMCO continue doing the best they can with the reboot.

And I honestly hope that is a Nintendo exclusive too. (and the funny thing that the first G.A. game, still wasn't released in Japan,.. will be in June 25th).

Top Bottom