• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
It's only Canadian only as a test market. If it does well it'll get released worldwide.I guess canadian networks are cheaper to work with.
Wait did you guys already know about it??
I thought I was sharing new stuff.

DARN

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

DARN
No, the Pac-man thing is new to me, I just know how mobile games work.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ Pacack Pacack @ Bauske Bauske Heh, this is turning into the same team effort as the one in the King K. Rool thread a while back.

As far as the eyes go, I actually did have highlights on them, but I guess they weren't noticeable? I had them on the opposite side though.
I've combined aspects of both designs together, mine is on the right. I used Bauske's as the base and made the mouth smaller and the colours brighter.

DARN
Yeah, sad to say but that's old news. Like months.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Ive looked through the past few pages of this thread, but i hadnt seen this yet. Has it not been brought up?

Gamexplain brought it up, and it seems easily like the biggest nod to him yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I heard one rumour (almost definitely a fake but sounded interesting) that the Pac-Man stage instead of a Pac-Maze is something called Namco Museum based off those Playstation games that features a lot of stuff from different Namco arcade games.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Ive looked through the past few pages of this thread, but i hadnt seen this yet. Has it not been brought up?

Gamexplain brought it up, and it seems easily like the biggest nod to him yet.
Yep, I watched the video too, I got shocked by this detail,... and now I can't unsee XD; ... maybe was purposeful, or maybe a coincidence... but wouldn't the first time that Pac-Man is hidden somewhere in a trailer. .. in the Poison & Hugo's trailer in SFxTK, there's hidden sprites in neon in the scenario. =D

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's a cool detail but remember it may be coincidence. Remember when people thought they could see Ridley and Mewtwo in the clouds of the Halberd in SSE?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This was a in-game cutscene, they wouldn't need to give hints about next characters, I guess... this is a trailer,.. is a little different. Anyway, of course I don't discard the big possibility to be a coincidence. (just like the colors of Final Destination).

Staarih

Smash Master
I watched the trailer again and to me that looks just like an ordinary cloud. Maybe you are looking too much into it haha!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I watched the trailer again and to me that looks just like an ordinary cloud. Maybe you are looking too much into it haha!
Hey they looked for it not me lol, but didn't sakurai or someone say that there was something in the trailer people were missing? I know someone or a dev said that.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I think people also have said that in each trailer there's a hint to the next character in it. But I think that's just a theory. So far no one has found linking elements between them. :p

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux Yeah, the highlights on the right side of the eyes was what bothered me. The light source is coming from the left, as that's the side of Pac-Man that's most vividly colored. There is some backlighting coming from the right, as he's got a bit of a bright spot on his back, but the good majority of the shading is also there. :)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It means nothing. There's no hint. There's just dumb coincidence. Looking at something that's not there.

There were never hints before in these stupid trailers, so why would there be hints now?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It means nothing. There's no hint. There's just dumb coincidence. Looking at something that's not there.

There were never hints before in these stupid trailers, so why would there be hints now?
I actually agree. I didn't see it in the cloud before, and I still have to look at it to see it. And it's just a cloud. Clouds are random. It means nothing. The Namco items in the game mean far more.

D

Deleted member

I don't believe the cloud is anything but a coincidence. There's no reason for Pac-Man to be a part of Greninja's trailer, and his shape is very simple. Although the clouds on Halberd did end up being correct, all of those characters were playable or a boss in the Subspace Emissary. That was, however, a Subspace Emissary cutscene, where the foreshadowing made sense.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
That's a cool detail but remember it may be coincidence. Remember when people thought they could see Ridley and Mewtwo in the clouds of the Halberd in SSE?
It probably is just a coincidence sure, there's really no reason to go through the trouble to disproove it though since it doesn't do much harm.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't believe the cloud is anything but a coincidence. There's no reason for Pac-Man to be a part of Greninja's trailer, and his shape is very simple. Although the clouds on Halberd did end up being correct, all of those characters were playable or a boss in the Subspace Emissary. That was, however, a Subspace Emissary cutscene, where the foreshadowing made sense.
the logic applies in the opposite way, in my opinion. Because, why the clouds would give subtle hints of characters that would appear in SSE, in the own SSE's cutscenes. But in the case of trailers, is a natural thing ... since the devs. likes to play with the power of speculation of the fans.

But don't get me wrong, I also think that's pure and mere coincidence the whole thing of Pac-Man cloud. XD ... but we don't need the clouds be in our favor, there is much more that point to our certain victory! =D

D

Deleted member

@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia Very true, we don't need to believe the cloud thing is real to have a good case for Pac-Man, but not like it hurts.

On the SSE clouds, it actually does make sense, as it's implicit. It's just a simple little nod that doesn't outright confirm anything, but does pertain to later parts of the SSE. By comparison this trailer is totally unrelated to Pac-Man.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm getting with a huge rage of Games Radar.... they call themselves Journalists? The all thing is like: "All the hints point for Pac-Man being playable, since he's the NAMCO's mascot... but I like Lloyd more, ...so, I think we'll have Lloyd".

....hhhhhng

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm getting with a huge rage of Games Radar.... they call themselves Journalists? The all thing is like: "All the hints point for Pac-Man being playable, since he's the NAMCO's mascot... but I like Lloyd more, ...so, I think we'll have Lloyd".

....hhhhhng
Yea that's nothing
(Not about pac-man)

Gamexplain doesn't think king k rool nor mewtwo are getting in (I know its just opinions but still ticks some people off sometimes)

D

Deleted member

The K. Rool thread was just complaining about those guys too. This is why I tend to avoid "game journalists," you know it's bad when randoms on a forum have more integrity and knowledge on the subject.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yea that's nothing
(Not about pac-man)

Gamexplain doesn't think king k rool nor mewtwo are getting in (I know its just opinions but still ticks some people off sometimes)
the big difference between the guys from Games Radar and GameXplain, is that Andre and Derrick (GameXplain) know how expound their views and show that are just that, opinions. Now the two idiots from GamesRadar, speak with a property about the future of the game, like if they knew exactly what will happen ... and worse, everything involves only their personal tastes. argh, it's terrible.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
GameXplain, while having some analysis's that are REALLY grasping for straws, they know what they're talking about. Games Radar is just terrible from top to bottom.

D

Deleted member

GameXplain's analysis of, for example, Rosalina's reveal trailer was very detailed and well done. I wouldn't hold it against them too much if their speculation sucks, as they obviously wouldn't take it as seriously as Smash Boards.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Why does it seem like every thread is talking about Gamexplain's latest video?

Their speculation was definitely a bit off... But at least their videos are usually pretty good. I doubt they'd be able to really invest in Smash speculation as much as regular Smashboards members do, anyway.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I dunno, I feel like GameXplain does a great job of finding stuff in videos and trailers that I would have never caught, and they're usually pretty right about their stuff. Their analysis on Little Mac was pretty spot on and so was Rosalina. But they always present it as a "take this as just an opinion" sort of conversation, not a "this is what I think, so it's probably true." I really like the way they talk about stuff and offer opinions without them sounding like facts.

Both guys weren't too fond of the idea of K. Rool, but they didn't say it was impossible. Just that neither of them were really feeling it. To be honest, before I ever came to SmashBoards, I would have never guessed he was even something to be considered, but people here have an overwhelming desire to see him in the game.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Why does it seem like every thread is talking about Gamexplain's latest video?

Their speculation was definitely a bit off... But at least their videos are usually pretty good. I doubt they'd be able to really invest in Smash speculation as much as regular Smashboards members do, anyway.
I'm not upset with the GameXplain discussion,.. I love their videos, ... and this new one was just for share their opinions, and it's nothing wrong with that, since that everyone watching be aware that they're just speculating as we are. ...but I'm with my head hurting with the BS from Games Radar,... they're the real cancer of game journalism.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Ugh, yeah @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia , I just watched the GamesRadar thing and it was incredibly biased. Basically it devolved down to "weelll... I don't really like Pac-Man, and I think he's not popular in Japan, so that's gotta mean Sakurai and Namco are going to go with Lloyd who I think is a better character and fits in the game so much better." At one point they literally said "what would Pac-Man even do? Eat you and then spit you out?" Bleh.

The problem is that there are a lot of people with that same mindset. I'm counting on Sakurai and Namco to make Pac-Man an interesting and versatile fighter. Here's hoping!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
At one point they literally said "what would Pac-Man even do? Eat you and then spit you out?" Bleh.

The problem is that there are a lot of people with that same mindset. I'm counting on Sakurai and Namco to make Pac-Man an interesting and versatile fighter. Here's hoping!
I had this same experience with a friend yesterday when he asked me whether I thought we'd see a Namco "rep" in the game. While my reply was "no", I was of course very open about my support of Pac-Man. His response? "Eh, I feel like all he could do is eat stuff," Of course, that's what people assumed about Little Mac and punching things, but then again, Little Mac was extremely highly requested whereas Pac-Man is not, so Sakurai may see incentive in trying with Mac where he might not with Pac. This all being said, Sakurai's an inventive fellow, so I think he'd be the kind of developer that would enjoy making a moveset for Pac-Man because it'd seem so difficult at first.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
the really big problem is, a lot of people that say about Pac-Man being a character without any potential, doesn't know the character... It's okay if you don't know certain characters.. I stopped to care to Pokémon a while ago, and I didn't even know who is Greninja.. and 'cause this I don't talk about Pokémon, and which one has the best abilities to do this or that; ... at least, I have the conscious that Pikachu is the Pokémon's series face,... even if I didn't like him (and I kinda like him by nostalgic reasons =P).

and a little detail: Pac-Man isn't a yellow circle since his birth as a character,.. as seen in his first Arcade cabinet in Japan,.. of course, we just saw him in "real" action this way in Pac-Land some years later, ... but c'mon.. a gamer whose doesn't know Pac-Man how he is, at least (it's the minimum) in Pac-Man World series, have to rethink about his knowledge about gaming stuff.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
guys... I can't help but now the "cloud theory" is getting me crazy... I watched the whole Direct again.... and the way that how Sakurai changes place with a substitute plushie, for a accurate hint to Greninja in the end... (as well as the most frequent permanency and in greater quantity of Kremlings in the footages of Smash Run, possibly hinting K. Rool, The Trophy Quiz, etc...); the scene with the empty background, just showing the clouds stays there for a while... too much for be just a way to show the leaves just falling after Greninja disappear.....
The shape of the clouds can't be just random... not in that case... a "perfect" circle with a triangular gap isn't coincidence... NAMCO did that... as well Capcom did in SFxTK.

curse you, GameXplain. ;-;

Staarih

Smash Master
guys... I can't help but now the "cloud theory" is getting me crazy... the scene with the empty background, just showing the clouds stays there for a while... too much for be just a way to show the leaves just falling after Greninja disappear.....
The shape of the clouds can't be just random... not in that case... a "perfect" circle with a triangular gap isn't coincidence... NAMCO did that... as well Capcom did in SFxTK.
Haha well, to be honest, I can't NOT see it anymore, and the cloud does seem to have a distinct shape the more I look at it... but I still think it's pretty farfetched haha. As for the scene where Greninja jumps off, I think it just wanted to focus on the water dripping off the branch (to show Greninja's association with water) rather than the clouds. But I guess it could be a minor easter egg nevertheless.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I dunno, I feel like GameXplain does a great job of finding stuff in videos and trailers that I would have never caught, and they're usually pretty right about their stuff. Their analysis on Little Mac was pretty spot on and so was Rosalina. But they always present it as a "take this as just an opinion" sort of conversation, not a "this is what I think, so it's probably true." I really like the way they talk about stuff and offer opinions without them sounding like facts.

Both guys weren't too fond of the idea of K. Rool, but they didn't say it was impossible. Just that neither of them were really feeling it. To be honest, before I ever came to SmashBoards, I would have never guessed he was even something to be considered, but people here have an overwhelming desire to see him in the game.
I agree, they do a fantastic job and they present themselves and their videos in very excellent manor. I think people are hating on them for something very silly, i mean they arent stating it as fact, but just the way they see it. I think some of those fan bases are taking it the wrong way though, and pretty much just dont want to hear the opposite of what they want to see for this games end result. For all we know characters like mewtwo and krool might not make it, hell im all for snake but i understand he might be absent as well because anything can happen. I just think its kinda crapy for everyone to jump on them over this, especially those acting like our opinion or knowledge over powers their opinion of it, GX are probably the only media outlet that has a good grasp over the smash bros games, so they have my respect in that regard as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With a little extra effort and a lot of determination, I went ahead and maximized my efforts. Had to make this one from scratch again.
Giant custom design Pac-Man for all your pie worshiping Smashing needs. And if that wasn't enough...
[collapse=Alt Colours!] Pac-Blue Pac-Green Pac-Pink Pac-Purple Pac-Gold Retro-Pac Power-Pellet-Pac
[/collapse]
YOU GET A PAC! YOU GET A PAC! YOU ALL GET PACS!

I might be on a Pac-Man binge. I think I need help.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
With a little extra effort and a lot of determination, I went ahead and maximized my efforts. Had to make this one from scratch again.
Giant custom design Pac-Man for all your pie worshiping Smashing needs. And if that wasn't enough...
[collapse=Alt Colours!] Pac-Blue Pac-Green Pac-Pink Pac-Purple Pac-Gold Retro-Pac Power-Pellet-Pac
[/collapse]

May I just congratulate the communities for Pac-Man and K. Rool for making my expectations higher than they should be?

It's beautiful.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Huh, never thought of a "power pellet" palette, but that'd actually be really neat. Of course, I always assumed that his Final Smash would involve turning players blue, so in a match with multiple Pac-Mans, things might get a little confusing.

D

Deleted member

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux Fantastic render. I should update the OP soon to add some of these amazing stages/renders/signature buttons finally. But there's so much to add. Probably should totally redo the OP before E3, that's the cue for you all to tell me if there's anything you feel should be added.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know, I'm starting to accept the fact the fact that Pac Man will be in smash. My only real gripe is his design. I really hate his design, even the original one on the cabinets, I'm fine with the classic sprite, however. it just seems like Pac Mac would easily stick out in Smash if he was in.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
[/collapse]

Wow man, way to go! That looks amazingly smooth and official. If we got Pac-Man looking like that, I'd have no gripes at all, and that's coming from someone who loves his newest design. :D

You know, I'm starting to accept the fact the fact that Pac Man will be in smash. My only real gripe is his design. I really hate his design, even the original one on the cabinets, I'm fine with the classic sprite, however. it just seems like Pac Mac would easily stick out in Smash if he was in.
What about his design makes you dislike it more than a sprite-based circle with a wedge cut out? I'm not sure how arms and legs, eyes and a nose make it less appealing lol. :p

Top Bottom