• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSU Smash Fest II

mangler

Smash Cadet
STAGE SELECTION is always a big issue counter picks.

Projectors are never fun for some reason every single one I have played on has had lag anyone else have this problem?
an even bigger problem for me is the legal and illegal stages for instance in some tournements poke floats is legal (as a counter pick) but other better stages are illegal completly so those really need to be sorted out

ps projectors do suck to play on

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
somewhere earlier i think i mentioned that i wouldn't be doing the projector thing again. anyone know if there is an official list of tournament regulation stage picks and counter picks? Ideally, thats what i'd use.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I am apart of the COMPETITIVE players list of Oregon that Timmy had made. I have as much write to vote as any other smash player. We would just have normal rules anyway this whole topic has turned from bad to just stupid.....
Actually, I made and update that list.
And I thought if you had the correct video cables with a projector it wouldn't lag. I haven't ever tried it out, but this was discussed when preparing for the last SF:E

crewz.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Projectors lag because they are projectors, unless you are running something in the native resolution of it (which is usually like 720p or 1080i), it will lag.

Besides, it's weird to play on them because they are so huge.

Also, a person named Foxisthemaster and his brother are looking into coming to this. Apparently he can't sign up on SWF for some reason, so he e-mailed me to ask about it. So yeah, that's two more people.

And then when will you know the exact location of the venue for this?

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
The exact location of the event is probably going to be hammered out at tomorrow's meeting. Especially now that the registry list shows that the location for OSU Smash Fest I is way too small. There is one room at OSU's Memorial Union that will work and thats the one i'll try to get. its also good because the MU is one of the easiest places to find here. so, the location will be up as soon as its registered with the event guys at OSU, which should be no later than halfway through next week.

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Finally figured out how to make posts. Yeeaaaaaaaah!!!

I will totally be there

I go by, "Mariosthemaster, Foxisthemaster, or my DS gamertag "DaGr81", look for my other brother, "Smokin Ya"

Here is a list of chars I use
"Falco, Fox, Peace, Marth, Mario, Sheik, Samus, Capt Falcon own all"

Can't wait

mangler

Smash Cadet
will someone please explain to me why the heck poke floats is a legal stage

i mean seriousy the stage is horriable and i know no one who like it

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
We like it because you don't, and we love it because you hate it.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I like pokefloats, just not against certain characters. There are definitlely worse stages that are considered neutral (Jungle Japes, Green Greens).

Balloon

Smash Lord
Can I get a list of those confirmed? I might come.

Also, what exactly does "Friendlies start at noon" mean?

I'm driving probably about 3.5 hours to make it to this, so either that means I have to wake up super early to make it on time or come friday evening at a ridiculous hour (I probably get off work at like 10).

The other thing: Entrance fees. Driving that far for such low entrance fee makes Bartholomew sad :(.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, the venue for the tournament has been confirmed! It will be held in the biggest availible room at the Memorial Union at Oregon State. Thats room 109. Here is the address (it'll be in the first post too)

2501 SW Jefferson Way
Corvallis, OR, 97331

Friendlies will start at 12 Noon and the Team Tournament will startan hour later (1PM). Whenever that ends, a 30-45 minute period of friendlies (and winnings anouncements for the team tournaments) will occur. Then the Singles Tournament will begin.

I'm going to have that room all squared away until 8PM, so if the tournament ends way early, more friendlies can occur. And if there is enough time, OSU does have a crew ready for any crew willing to fight it out with us.

if anyone knows their team setup already, please say so, it'll make things easier if the teams register too. though im sure the team tournament will be alot smaller than the singles. either way, it works.

speaking of the registry list, i put it up on the first post, and i'll update it every so often.

Thats about it, i guess. and about balloon's thing with entrance fees: they are low to attract alot of players. and the quality of my tournaments hasn't been judged people on the boards yet (aside Riot), so i want this tournament series to become more widely known before i up the entrance fees.

~Kenpachi

PS- there are some people who registered for other players (hence the (+somebody) next to some names). I don't mind it like that, but if you want those to be separated into names, post their names here.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Team registry:
Super Smash Twins (t!mmy & t0mmy)

Edit:
You forgot to add t0mmy to the confirmation list.

mangler

Smash Cadet
I like pokefloats, just not against certain characters. There are definitlely worse stages that are considered neutral (Jungle Japes, Green Greens).
well i know more people who like those stages over poke floats but i do agree that they are not that great but they are just ok at smash and their opinnion doesnt really matter :laugh:

Foxisthemaster

Smash Apprentice
Poke Floats, well o.k. I think the bigger question is, why is Rainbow Cruise a legal stage? You can't show any type of skill on that stage at all. Just another one of those gimmic stages (cough, Icicle Mountain, cough). Does anyone agree with me? Come on..

Mugen Rooooocks!!!!!!!!!
SSj3 Broli vs. SSj5 Goku
Oh Hell Yeah!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSISq...elated&search=

Check out my Myspace URL
http://www.myspace.com/supersmashdominator

HALOID!!! Fever
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Just because they're not so-called neutral doesn't mean viable counterpick stages are broken. And, Keith, you realize claiming something is "not fun", as a call for a ban, is a taletell sign of a scrub?

brdy_

Smash Lord
Holy new Oregon Smashboards members batman.!

Also, I think you mean telltale. (or tell-tale)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks. I knew being lazy and not looking it up was the most efficient thing to do.

Balloon

Smash Lord
****, I can't make it after all. Turns out I have to do this dumb field trip thing for my oceanography class on that exact day, and it's in Brookings, which is the exact opposite side of Oregon. F that ****.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You should not capitalize the first letter in my name, or just capitalize all of them. And put me down as unconfirmed, but if I go I will bring at least 50+ family members of varying IQ. If I end up not being able to go I will be there for real and I will not sandbag, not even in crews, provided there is enough vegan food to give me energy to see.

Oh, and add me to the competitive players list on the OSM thread, I main Pichu.

mangler

Smash Cadet
Just because they're not so-called neutral doesn't mean viable counterpick stages are broken. And, Keith, you realize claiming something is "not fun", as a call for a ban, is a taletell sign of a scrub?
true but remember im not competive so i have no say in the matter as sinma would say

secondly i never asked for a ban i asked why it is legal and i still have yet to recieve a straight forward awnser :urg:

mangler

Smash Cadet
Poke Floats, well o.k. I think the bigger question is, why is Rainbow Cruise a legal stage? You can't show any type of skill on that stage at all. Just another one of those gimmic stages (cough, Icicle Mountain, cough). Does anyone agree with me? Come on..

you should be able to show skill anywhere you play and if you cant hope no one challenges you there

i some times question why rainbow cruise is legal myself but it is and everyone has to obey the rules

cmin

Smash Ace
oh and me and binx are gonna do the team tourney too i guess so sign us up!

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
New Venue

The venue for OSU Smash Fest II has changed! This is mainly due to cost issues related to the first venue. Also, due to the closing time of the venue, the tournament will end an hour early. 7PM is the cutoff time for tail-end friendlies. I will send out a private message to everyone on the confirmed list from the boards. Here is the new address:

West Dining Hall
351 SW 30th Street
Corvallis, OR, 97331

This is in the East Conference Room

Here are links to maps to make this easier:

http://oregonstate.edu/cw_tools/cam...mn+Decorations&BN=Tile+Column+Decorations&Z=4

http://oregonstate.edu/cw_tools/cam...&Z=2&offsetX=1308&offsetY=1218&point=?336,219

In both maps, the building labeled "WsDn" represents West Dining Center.

In the second map, the star is resting upon the relative building position of the East Conference room, the location of the tournament.

Thank you for your patience,

~Kenpachi

Binx

Smash Master
Eric this is Justin, C-mins friend from Portland, if you guys need another person for crews count me in. That would make you, Minh, Chris, someone who I've not met and me right? or is OC coming again?

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
OC is coming to this one, he's on a team with Chris. also realize that the crew battles happen after the team and singles tournament is done. we have 8 setups and 7 hours. it should probably be fine though.

are you planning on entering the singles tournament?

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah I am going to enter the singles and doubles so far, guess I don't have a crew to enter with, thats fine though. but yeah so see you there Eric, I'll remember not to Marth you lols.

Top Bottom