• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Brawl Pre-release (another one?)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Eugene has a lot of places usually available for housing Smashers. Usually me & t1mmy house, but we're actually going to be helping our mom move things out of her place and won't be available. The Joshes are nice enough they'll probably help out with any housing people may need. And Tudios & Shin are housing johners, only there in case of an emergency when people come knocking on our door at midnight and we're asleep and don't hear them X^D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Luigi's unlocked. He's really funny, lol. ^__^

Edit:
I forgot to mention earlier but I'll do it now just to make things official. RSVPs are now closed. Numbers are much higher than I expected, but I'm going to try my best to speed up player rotation.

Sorry, but I don't think I will have everything unlocked before the tourney. I'm going to have to use RL johns because I've been busy.

I have an idea for the first rotation of friendlies, but I'll announce it to everyone when the event begins.

brdy_

Smash Lord
srsly you should have done the trick I told you. It works wonders...i heard it takes like 2 hours max

Jem.

Smash Master
Jem with the first landmaster zero to death ceiling kill in brawl?

gg i think so

Sorry ammon =(

So.. Brawl is REALLY ****ing cool. And I'm glad I got 4th using falco, since no one else even dared to try so. (supwitu marth lolz)

otto - you're good

shane - you're good

ammon - you're good

timmy/tommy - you're good

jamie - you're good

tudios - you're good

Anyone who recorded with WA, hopefully we have the matches up within a couple days,

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Thanks for coming everyone. As fun and new as Brawl is, what I really enjoyed most was helping everyone come and have fun playing it together! ^__^

Brackets have been uploaded to Tia, and here are the results for Singles:

1: Tudios
2: Eggz
3: t!mmy
4: Jem
5: t0mmy
5: Kefka
7: Jamo
7: Silent Wolf
9: Balloon
9: Aftermath
9: Ronin686
9: Aevin
13: Cole
13: Matt
13: Jordan
13: Andrew
17: Deus
17: debaser
17: Ka-Master
17: Bandit
17: Colby
17: Mighty Afro
17: Cody
25: Patrick
25: Awesomasaur

Sorry we didn't have time for Doubles with everyone, I didn't think 3 stock matches would take so long. x_x

Some of the top ranked players in Singles went back to my place and we did an impromptu Doubles tournament, which was a lot of fun. Here are the results.

1: Super Smash Twins (t!mmy + t0mmy)
2: Psike! (Tudios + Aevin)
3: Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (Aftermath + Eggz)
4: The Castration Station (Shin + ShadowXOR)
5: Afro Deus (Deus + Mighty Afro)

Videos will be uploaded soon, I'll let everyone know when they are.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Wow, way to completely trick us into not coming back to your place to play more Brawl Timmy.

**** that. 9 hours, three sets, two of which were BEST OF ONE, and one friendly.

Boy that was great.

Jem.

Smash Master
Why are you whining, we had to go back to WA afterwards... Wish WA car-a knew there was a secret doubles tourmament being ran though..

Good tournament though guys, thanks for having it. Loved playing Brawl =D. I think Kefka and I recorded our losers bracket match on Oregon's tape.. Sorry about that, but you should still put it up =D.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Why am I whining? Obviously because when we asked about playing more Brawl back at Timmy's place he said he wasn't going to his Dad's house, which is where he told us that the WA car was staying. Then the WA car somehow ends up playing Brawl.

Makes sense, right?

Jem.

Smash Master
Well, yeah that part was lame. And the part where final smashes were on. Had to see how they worked though.

I knew WA-Car B was staying in Oregon, but I thought they were playing melee, not Brawl..

Thanks for having me though, loveddd playing brawl and recorded.

D

Deleted member

Brawl does own.
It's almost harder to wait now that I know how awesome it is.
It's an easier wait for me since I didn't like Melee I've been playing Smash 64 for NINE years!!! Knowing that it's only a month away is no problem for me. Now that I know the game is amazing I have no fears and can just relax and wait!!! Plus I get it a week early, so that helps. ;)

D

Deleted member

I get it March 4th or so.
hookups, son.
Yeah, me too. Could be earlier but that's a good estimate...I have a feeling we might have the same methods since we both live in Washington. ;) Who were you at the tournament? I'm really bad with names since that was my first tournament and I haven't been on these forums too much yet.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Jem with the first landmaster zero to death ceiling kill in brawl?

Sorry ammon =(
XD, it's okay. I don't think either of us realized smash balls were on in the first place, and I was too lazy to complain lol. But awesome stuff we had on FD.

You should try get 2 copies of Brawl a week early so we can make the dealz >_>;;;

Jem.

Smash Master
Otto: I didn't know it was there. o_o. Go look in brawl avatar 2 section, its toward the end..

Ammon: I'll try to see what I can do I guess, but not positive on anything.

Otto: I didn't know it was there. o_o. Go look in brawl avatar 2 section, its toward the end..

Ammon: I'll try to see what I can do I guess, but not positive on anything.
i did haha. 4 of those are pics i took with move swap. :o

Jem.

Smash Master
Oh. Sorry didnt know XD.
Was just like hey. its falco guy in brawl. its a cool picture, better than dog with glasses in snow.

good **** with those combos and shiz.

Jairmy Daymin (10:57:49 PM): I am more technical than you.
OOVideoGameGodOO (10:57:58 PM): LOL **** you otto

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I had a ton of fun at the tournament, so I'm thinkin' I'll attend some more. Too bad we didn't get to do a complete setup of doubles, but this is their first Brawl tournament. They'll learn from it and make future tournaments better. Count on it.

TOMMY said:
Aevin, Tudios, and Shin hawg Brawl.
Zamus pwns brawl lawl
Uh ... sorry 'bout that. I'll admit I'm addicted. Playing Ness in Brawl vs. Melee, it's like suddenly, I HAVE THE POWER! And can't get enough.

Are there any vids of Aevin? His ness and lucas were insane
*blush* You just made my head swell about ten sizes ... Thankies. But I don't think there are any. They would have had to have been captured there.

D

Deleted member

I feel I was doing some solid things with Ness by the end but I got a lot more time with it. The classic controller works beautifully once I adjusted too. I think I prefer Ness over Lucas... Eggz was getting really good with Mario towards the end, but I was having fun playing Deus who insisted on playing Wolf even though Wolf is...strange.

Top Bottom