• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Brawl Pre-release (another one?)

Jem.

Smash Master
Then go to the tournament.
Oh, Timmy/Tommy, you said if you wanna record friendlies (If I'm not mistaken) to bring your own stuff to record.. But aren't finals already being recorded? Cause I know I wanna get recorded really badly. (Can't rely on making finals when ive never played the game =p)

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
ssssp

Then go to the tournament.
Oh, Timmy/Tommy, you said if you wanna record friendlies (If I'm not mistaken) to bring your own stuff to record.. But aren't finals already being recorded? Cause I know I wanna get recorded really badly. (Can't rely on making finals when ive never played the game =p)
lol I need a ride there jem....

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Just bring a VHS tape to record and you're welcomed to record your friendlies. Finals are already scheduled to be recorded.

I don't have everything unlocked.

Jem.

Smash Master
But isnt that kinda mean to make people watch you friendly? Unless if you bring a tape you have to be willing to record all friendlies.

Just clarifying to see what to doooo. Make finals or bring blank tape XD.

We should record crews too ^_^. That way atleast everyone gets a little footage. And if its a problem I can ask if my brother has a blank tape. not sure if we can put it up though, so if someone else wants to feel free. Just pondering thoughts since im really excited.

Oh, and us, if WA is a crew, we only have 3 people. So we either have a 3 man crew, or maybe might need some peeps. (Bart?)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Key: something that affords a means of access: the key to happiness.
un·lock /ʌnˈlɒk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-lok] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to undo the lock of (a door, chest, etc.), esp. with a key.

You don't unlock keys. Keys unlock things. Those things could possibly hold keys.

GOOD DAY SIR!

:)

Balloon

Smash Lord
Why isn't Pokemon Stadium 1 on the neutral stages list?

woopsies double post xD

Climax11

Smash Ace
un·lock /ʌnˈlɒk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-lok] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to undo the lock of (a door, chest, etc.), esp. with a key.

You don't unlock keys. Keys unlock things. Those things could possibly hold keys.

GOOD DAY SIR!

:)
Well...even though I hate his origional sentence...'key' is synonyms with 'way' in a illeteral sense...so techincally his setence works.

Main Entry: access
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: entry
Synonyms: admission, admittance, approach, avenue, connection, contact, course, door, entrance, entree, entry, in, ingress, introduction, key, open door*, passage, path, road, route, way

you've unlocked the way to my heart
you've unlocked access to my heart

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I've got a ride down it's gonna be me and my friend comin down from the OC he doesn't really play melee he wanted to get into it but never really did. I even tried to help him get into it by making him go to the finger bang which he didn't go to. But yeah we're gonna go to this. So I'm most likely gonna be there along with a friend who most likely won't play too much.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yes Bart, Vull's sentence was fine depending on how you look at it, and wrong depending on how you look at it. If you lock your key in the car then use a spare key to get it, you've unlocked your key. So in saying "Will it unlock the key to your heart?" it's like saying "Will it help you find a way to your own desire?" but in a more poetic and less literal way.

Or you can look at it as trying to literally unlock a key with a key and just say "you're wrong".

Balloon

Smash Lord
I noticed it when you first made the thread t!mmy, I just didn't care enough to point it out because it was obvious you meant Oregon.

Anyway, in your example t!mmy, you aren't unlocking the key. You are unlocking the car to get the key.

It still does not make sense, poetic or not, to say "unlock the key" unless you're literally meaning to unlock a key which would then be used to unlock brdy's heart.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Nvm about me going I guess my ride really doesn't want to go he'd rather do something else. Idk what but w/e he has his reasons I'm not going to push it. But yeah I'm not going to make it to this and guy I would go with you but I don't think I'll have the money to pay for gas.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Anyway, in your example t!mmy, you aren't unlocking the key. You are unlocking the car to get the key.

It still does not make sense, poetic or not, to say "unlock the key" unless you're literally meaning to unlock a key which would then be used to unlock brdy's heart.
I'm going to try one more time since I didn't exactly mean what T!MMY said, and since I'm bored at work and have nothing better to do.

"That's the ticket!" This expression usually has nothing to do with a ticket, but rather opening up an oportunity or passage.

"You've unlocked the keys to my heart" simply put is the same thing. Key is illteral, and it doesn't have to be said in a poem. It's a dual meaning of the word. A key is a small metal object, or more generally any object that unlocks, or another meaning altogether is it is the passage, the way.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/key

4.Something that affords a means of access: the key to happiness.

So yeah. I don't think it can be made any clearer than that. Anything else is just stubborness. :) Well..back to work

T0MMY

Smash Master
omg grammar nazis lol @ them.
Final Smashes are on.
WA is welcome.
'Oregon' is now spelled correctly.
And we don't have anything unlocked at all, nothing.
This is a fine recap in hopes of keeping spam away, but knowing it won't help much.
Confirm me X^)

Balloon

Smash Lord
You are still wrong Guy. You're interpreting definitions poorly.

btw I don't mean offense and don't mean to come off as an *******. I'm just very sure that you are wrong xD!

Eggz

Smash Hero
After everyone has had a turn or two or 3, you guys should consider doing regular rotations. Winner stays in etc., that way there is a point to winning.

Climax11

Smash Ace
Me too. since i'm going to win.

err..nm about the unlock thing. You go to a school, check with a grammar teacher and let me know what you find out :)

Get ***** Grammared!

Eggz

Smash Hero
Also, whats the deal with money matches? can i just be like "*****, we gotsa MM!" then jack the next spot in the rotation? cuz i wanna do MMs with everyone, recorded too.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Me too. since i'm going to win.

err..nm about the unlock thing. You go to a school, check with a grammar teacher and let me know what you find out :)

Get ***** Grammared!
Not only that but both my parents have their MDs in English and have been teaching for over 30 years combined xD, not to mention they're way smart.

Jem.

Smash Master
So, if WA brings a blank tape.. What does that mean?
We have to sit in the same rotation?
Or do we get to do a few sets with people we want?
I want sets with people like Eggz, Bart, my brother, ect.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
can i just be like "*****, we gotsa MM!" then jack the next spot in the rotation?
No. If you have a MM you'll have to wait your turn like everyone else. I would hope you'd be a considerate enough of a person to do this even if you were waiting in line for Melee.

Jem.

Smash Master
How many people are showing up? And are we allowed to stay afterwards to do friendlies/sets to get recorded? Cause if its 20+, gonna be hard to get recording in..

You should just record every match of the tournament like socal did.

Dont mention melee lines :laugh: mm's always got the station first.

Cant wait for saturday, dayum.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Wow I "unlocked" a very long and pointless conversastion:bee: Original post was a lazy half attempt at a joke and when the sentense was corrected I thought it was funny joke back (even if mine wasn't)

Top Bottom