• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Brawl Pre-release (another one?)

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So Ryan and I aren't going to be able to go to this because we are indeed going to Idaho to help all the children. Sucks because I wanted to come haha.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Nobody is coming to this because Brawl has been deconfirmed.
It doesn't exist anymore. All lies.
And since when is education hereditary?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I forgot to mention that yes, Crews will be recorded. How we do Crews will be dependent on time constraints. If time is limited, it might be two crews from the top 8 - 10 players of the brackets. If there's plenty of time, we can either split into crews of 3 - 5 or two crews divided by rank.

How many people are showing up? And are we allowed to stay afterwards to do friendlies/sets to get recorded?
The RSVP lists are up on the front page. Here is a copy:
RSVPs: 7+
Robert
Captain J
^ with a "bunch of peeps"
Justin from Springfield
^ with 4 guests

TIA RSVPs: 10
Awesomasaur
climax11
debaser
Eggz
Jamo
Jem
Ronin686
t!mmy
t0mmy
Tudios

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
what time is the climax mobile leaving, cause i kinda want to go, but have a friend flying out and have to take him to the airport. im not even sure what time, but i know its in the morning.

and the way i interpret that sentence like 3 pages back is to discover the path to someones heart/affection and love yada yada. you have to look at it as "the key to someones heart" being one singular object, not an object that then leads to the heart, which is not up for the taking.

the key to her heart is poetry. i wrote her poetry, she put out, i found the key to her heart.

i have heard this expression before and it always confused me, but reading this discussion i rationalized both points of view, and i think this sentence does make perfect sense.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Timmy, please just confirm me. I don't want to use my TIA account.

Oh, but yeah, in the context that Vull asked, it didn't make any sense.

Jem.

Smash Master
My friend is coming with me too. Just just add one more to the total too.

EDIT: Anyone want to team with my friend that's coming?

The WA-rapemobile now consists of Jamo, Eggz, myself, and a friend of mine who is kind of new to smash (trying to get down melee advanced techs)

D

Deleted member

I live in Lynnwood, WA (just outside of Seattle) and might go to this if people want to pitch in for gas...

I have a 2007 Accord that can seat five people total...not sure if I wanna go or not we'll see. How much time will we be able to play before/after? I want to go if I can get a lot of time in with Brawl...but if I just play like the tourney matches I'm not sure... Any info would be great, thanks.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Eggz called or IM'd me and asked me to come, which I want to do, so can I get on the list?
The WA-rapemobile now consists of Jamo, Eggz, myself, and a friend of mine
I dont think you can ride with us James. 0_0
Jamie's car already has 5 people.
I only counted 4. Jem, bring Aftermath. We need him to tell us how terrible Brawl is.

I live in Lynnwood, WA (just outside of Seattle) and might go to this if people want to pitch in for gas...
Is this anywhere near James/Aftermath?

How much time will we be able to play before/after? I want to go if I can get a lot of time in with Brawl...but if I just play like the tourney matches I'm not sure... Any info would be great, thanks.
There will be 8 hours of Brawl play for everyone (from noon to 8pm), which includes friendlies, singles, doubles, and possibly crews. Check the first post of this thread for the number of players, time of games, etc.

D

Deleted member

I only counted 4. Jem, bring Aftermath. We need him to tell us how terrible Brawl is.

Is this anywhere near James/Aftermath?
Yeah, he's pretty close to me I think.

There will be 8 hours of Brawl play for everyone (from noon to 8pm), which includes friendlies, singles, doubles, and possibly crews. Check the first post of this thread for the number of players, time of games, etc.
It says the last two hours are Crews...I'm not in a Crew, so should I leave at 6:00 or can anyone actually play?

Climax11

Smash Ace

I have a 2007 Accord that can seat five people total...not sure if I wanna go or not we'll see. How much time will we be able to play before/after? I want to go if I can get a lot of time in with Brawl...but if I just play like the tourney matches I'm not sure... Any info would be great, thanks.
depending on what time you'd be comming back, i'd be willing to pitch in if you picked me up on the way. I live right off I5, litteraly a minute off the exit and 2 min's to get back onto the freeway. Aftermath knows where if he comes with.

D

Deleted member

depending on what time you'd be comming back, i'd be willing to pitch in if you picked me up on the way. I live right off I5, litteraly a minute off the exit and 2 min's to get back onto the freeway. Aftermath knows where if he comes with.
Awesome...I might be going then. Aftermath would probably go, and his roommate might. So if you go that's already three people, plus me, leaving only one seat open (and if we could fill that even better...gas is expensive).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Just give me an RSVP plus everyone in your car who's coming. We're already at 20+ people, counting "unconfirmed". Chances are I won't get to play much because I'm running the tourney, but that just means one less person in line for you guys. ;)

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Yeah, he's pretty close to me I think.

It says the last two hours are Crews...I'm not in a Crew, so should I leave at 6:00 or can anyone actually play?
The crew battle will most likely be played kickball style, with team captains who pick players.

So you will be able to play.

Climax11

Smash Ace
tell me about it. Thats why I was considering not going...but yeah. give me a call 971 222 4789.

I'm assuming people will be bringing some melee set ups to play on the side? maybe we could have a side, non offical melee tourney, eh? eh?

D

Deleted member

What kind of TV is at the event? And if there is only one, with the current amount of people how much do you think we'll get to play...I've never been to an event and I don't want to drive six hours to play one round, but if we play a decent amount I'm all over it.

If anyone is interested in going I have 3/5 (possibly 4/5) of my car's seats filled. If I can fill my car (were splitting gas cost) I'm 99% sure I'll go. I'm in the Seattle area and picking up someone in Portland.

Jem.

Smash Master
eggz deal. I wanted a side melee. How long do we get the venue?
And Shane wants Ammon to come too, I just never posted about it. So it's 5 and a full wajamiemobile.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, we're heading down to Oregon Friday night.

We have TWO seats available. Please confirm as soon as possible so I can plan everything out.

Jem.

Smash Master
I meant if Eggz was headed to marysville tomorrow XD.
We're headed to Oregon at 5 AM saturday since there is no housing and such, and so we get to play melee friday night.

HOW LONG DO WE GET TO STAY IN THE VENUE?!
Do we have to be out at 8?
If Eggz runs a side melee tournament, shouldnt we do it first? o_o

D

Deleted member

So the Melee tournament would be on a separate TV while friendlies were going on for Brawl or what?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
A side Melee tourney would be perfectly fine with the host. I'll have to run it though. :p

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure whether I'm going to make it or not...this one is coming down to the wire!

D

Deleted member

Well I didn't really feel like taking the five hour drive down and five hour drive back just for the tournament (unless I get to play way more than expected...seems like there will be a lot of people there).

Climax11

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have to john out too. Being fired makes me too poor for the drive by myself this week. Have fun with the more play time, bitches

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I have to john out too. Being fired makes me too poor for the drive by myself this week. Have fun with the more play time, bitches
Wow that sucks, where did you get fired from and why?!

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Eugene can house people. Contact Joshiskefka on his AIM @ Trunks77j or Joshisrad @ Superfreakingrad.

D

Deleted member

What is his AIM name? You gave out like four names and I'm unclear what is what.

Top Bottom