• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Community Doubles #7 - August 8th - Registration is day of event

darkNES386

Smash Lord
People... you don't even have to register on the forum if you don't want to right now... just follow the instructions on the first post that are in green and the yellow above it is to help you out if it's not working. The biggest mistake people make is the mispell the address by only putting in one C... not ...Cc...

We now have over 100 people that have added the email address to their wii consoles. Some just haven't replied back yet identifying who they are, so we have about 12 wii-mails that have no names behind them. Obviously these people aren't going to play until they do that. Once everyone gets the games... let me know what your Brawl codes are, you can post them here if you want... you don't need to use the wii message system if you don't want to. We just need to obtain them.

Markus Aralius

Smash Cadet
hey Darknes, i just put the email into my adress book...its a gray color...i dont know if i did this right or not

darkNES386

Smash Lord
well, if it worked... you should have gotten a message back from us... we received your message... you're supposed to identify yourself now via reply to our message... (that's the formal thing to do) and you should still do it... even though I see that you're wii number in your smashboards profile matches one of the ones we recently received.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
Just sent in my second message with my username and that I signed up from here. Yay! THis entire thing just sounds like fun.

Oh and it's okay if my friend uses my account sometimes right? I mean to trade off during a tournament not double register or anything.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nothing can stop him except you. We wont be able to tell the difference. (Unless we do that secret password that is PMed to everyone, but I think we shot down that idea.)

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Just sent in my second message with my username and that I signed up from here. Yay! THis entire thing just sounds like fun.

Awesome, glad you feel that way!

Oh and it's okay if my friend uses my account sometimes right? I mean to trade off during a tournament not double register or anything.
Yeah that's perfectly fine. The whole point of this is for everyone to have fun! Of course people want to win... but still, I'm glad you're willing to do that right now. In the future we will be hosting two v two tournaments where you will be asked to have a local friend jump on as your guest.

Nothing can stop him except you. We wont be able to tell the difference. (Unless we do that secret password that is PMed to everyone, but I think we shot down that idea.)
Yeah, which is fine, what we don't want is double registration... but if you own two wii's we realize we can't stop that. Can you really be in two places though at one time?

I added the email, but it's still grayed out.
A few people have had problems with this... If you're having a problem, please PM ME YOUR WII CODE NUMBER and I'll confirm whether or not it was even received/added correctly

I'll play... and promise not to do anything I previously said was possible, lol. :)
hahaha... well... I hope so... thanks for all your tournament layout input...

O B C c o n f i r m a t i o n @ g m a i l . c o m needs to be added to your wii

DON"T MISS THE SECOND C in the email address!!!!

darkNES386

Smash Lord
We're going to produce a much more official video the moment Brawl hits the US. It's going to show you anything and everything. Yes... from the main wii channel menu > mail icon > new message icon > address book > register > other > enter O B C c o n f i r m a t i o n @ g m a i l . c o m

it is unlikely, but a few people have experienced problems. First be patient... then you should received a reply back within a little while and you should reply with an actual message that identifies yourself.

When you add the email... we received an email telling us that someone wishes to exchange contact with us... our auto reply system is supposed to hit you up instantly with that first message back.

PM me if you are having problems.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Please don't forget that we encourage everyone to use our teamspeak server.
70.87.162.50:8788

Free for all to use.

Brainslug7

Smash Cadet
this sounds pretty nice, ill go add your email to my wii right now. I have one question that im not sure if it was anwsered or not. What if we are signed up to a match and we have to do something last minute... my moms crazy hahaha.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would tell your mom you are in a tournament between X and Y time for sure and make sure you do all stuff before that time. After that it is up in the air if you make brackets.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll sign up sometime this weekend, assuming I don't forget.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Only one more month until this event!.... two weeks until Brawl hits the shelves!!!

Please, please, please... feel free to pm me if you have any questions or concerns about the wii console registration process... I think I'm actually going to make a video within the next week that simply shows that process to make it as easy as possible to understand.

Some of you may find it silly... but it's the only way to truly hold players accountable on so many levels.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
darkNES, I had the opportunity to log hours of brawl play and I'd like to give you my thoughts on rulesets because what we came up with at vidjo's tournament was sctually really good,

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Joe!

You have my 3rd controller >:\

You left when I was in the bathroom, before I checked my stuff :'(
It has "OS" engraved on the side.

I have a ton of vids (including final sets). I've gotta let my batteries charge, then I can upload them, encode them, and put them online. I'll put them up for download and on YouTube.

I knew everyone there, everyone knew they were awesome EXCEPT FOR JOHN AND HIS **** DOWN B THAT KILLS YOU AT 80% IF YOU ACCIDENTLY HIT LEFT DURING HIS DOWNSMASH AT ANY POINT, so I won't say much about the games WHERE I LOST TO SOMEONE THAT WAS AT 200% BUT JUST WOULDN'T DIE and just let the videos OF ME FAILING HORRIBLY AT THE FINISH LINE REPEATEDLY speak for themselves.

JV, get those vids up soon! We'll make it a race.
That's what overswarm said 10 char.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
so to join, all I have to do now is add the site to my list? OK then Im in!
Well... that's not a site... it's an email... that you add to your wii console's address book list. So instead of going.... wii message>register>WII .... PICK OTHER and then enter in:

O B C c o n f i r m a t i o n @ g m a i l . c o m

EDIT: Hey everyone... check out this thread to share your opinion on our tournament series times of the week for future events: The Link Is Here

wangston

Smash Lord
How long does it take for you to OBC to respond to the email. It's been over two weeks now and still nothing.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
How long does it take for you to OBC to respond to the email. It's been over two weeks now and still nothing.
Wangston, PM me your wii code so I can look into it. You need to check and see if the name you added is still faded. If it is then something went wrong. Either you entered the name wrong... or it just never got to us sadly... I guess that's a possiblity. Try deleting and rentering the name if it's still faded. If it isn't faded.... then send us a message through the contact telling us who you are =)

JoshuaAmaron

Smash Cadet
I'm going to have to get my Wii online first.. I don't have a wireless router or anything just yet. I have the adapter on order. I just hope it gets to me on time.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to get my Wii online first.. I don't have a wireless router or anything just yet. I have the adapter on order. I just hope it gets to me on time.
If you ordered it already, I'm sure you'll get it just in time.

Part of the reason that we are asking people to do this tedious wii registration process is that what we want to make sure players really are already configured for online play.

It would be horrible if a group of players signed up only for us to find out that they can't even connect to their internet properly. Really, the only people that know for sure if they should be fine are those who have already played games such as Mario Strikers Charged.

The wii connect 24/internet browsing/shop channel/messaging system works differently from the WFC (which is what you connect to when you play online Wii games). In fact, from personal experience it takes more work/effort to make sure that your wii connect 24 works than to actually play online games. I encourage everyone to figure out their configurations and such as soon as possible. We don't want to have half our players register the day before we post groups.

Just a reminder - Thursday March 20th - Groups are posted and you can begin entering codes, testing connections, play any practice matches if you desire.

Friday March 21st (sometime later to be decided in the evening) - Play all your opponents in your group one time only each and submit results by a deadline in the proper format

Saturday March 22nd - A very small amount of the total entrants will advance to the elimination bracket.

Videos explaining the entire process will be coming out soon, please try to read as much of the main post as possible before rushing to ask questions. Rule set/stages have not been finalized yet. Nothing is concrete and future events may have different rules.

Here's an example of what you would view on that Thursday: CLICK HERE

If you're having problems registering... please pm me. I will be updating the wii registration list (Click here) roughly each night. It just makes my life easier. Be sure to check the time stamp on the top of that page to see when I last updated it. The most important thing is that you get a single message back from us asking you to identify yourself. You more than likely will only get one message if you respond to us almost immediately after adding us. I'm working on a video that will most likely be up by the end of this week.

Top Bottom