• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Community Doubles #7 - August 8th - Registration is day of event

Handorin

Smash Hero
@_@ Well then I dont know why it didnt send. That's the only thing that was different the 2nd time I entered it.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
I had another question. My cousing wants to sign up too but he doesn't have a wii. I wanted to know if 2 people could sign up from the same Wii

worldjem7

Smash Ace
we've taken security precautions such as "The single point of accountability" using the Wii codes to prevent double registration so that people wouldn't abuse it.

Even if you both use the same Wii there's no way you can both play your pool matches and expect to advance into the brackets together and, even if somehow you did you wouldn't be able to compete against each other because there may be schedule conflicts as well as the lack of judge. Because you're on the same wii we may not be able to observe your matches against your guest player.

Overall it's a bad idea to try and double register in the same tournament. What you can try doing is take turns doing tournaments using your one Wii.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
sweet I'll sign up as soon as I can.
What time are the matches going to start?
because I have school on Friday 21st till 2:30 but I dont get home till like 3:30
Matches will start at a time that is reasonably after dinner. Then great thing about our structure is that if you come in half an hour late, you'll be a little behind, but you still will have time to get all your matches in. Basically, you'll have a couple hours to play and submit all your results... once all your matches are done... or prior to the result submission deadline.

@_@ Well then I dont know why it didnt send. That's the only thing that was different the 2nd time I entered it.
Is your wii always connected to the Internet Handorin? For all you... make sure you have the orange light displayed when your wii turns off. If it's red... I believe that means your Wii is not interacting with the internet... it could be hooked up... but the WiiConnect24 is not on.

I had another question. My cousing wants to sign up too but he doesn't have a wii. I wanted to know if 2 people could sign up from the same Wii
Worldjem answered this, but I want to say something extra. We're looking into this... but it would be for future events. We first want a successful Main Event. The Online Brawl Community will be hosting future events, doubles... with guests... crew battles, and more. There will be plenty of oppurtunities in the future for friends of wii owners to get involved. We need to take our time though and not get too ahead of ourselves.

So here we are again... second delay date and still no Brawl =( . Oh well.... one more MONTH!!! Anyways, I'm updating the list now on the main post. Thanks again everyone for your support. We have over 60 people that have contacted us via wii (about 10 more than the number of people that have actually identified themselves)

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
hmmm interesting... WoodyDave... we haven't received a message yet from you.... you added this last night? Huh... maybe people should try it a second time if they are having problems... Handorin did that before and it worked.

we're looking into this..... wii messaging might have delay issues sometimes

Re-sent the email. Should work now

darkNES386

Smash Lord
w6345880899633858@wii.com to me
show details 6:53 PM (1 hour ago) Reply

An owner of a Wii Console is asking permission
to register you as a Wii Friend to exchange
e-mail with you. This individual's Wii e-mail address is
w6345880899633858@wii.com <mailto:w6345880899633858@wii.com>

If you would like to exchange e-mail with this
individual, simply reply to this message.
You will then be able to exchange e-mail with
the following Wii address:

If you are unfamiliar with this Wii console and
its sender, please erase this e-mail without
responding to it.

----------------------

show details 7:51 PM (58 minutes ago) Reply

1. Name: WoodyDave
2. Community: Smashboards.com

------

See people... that simple.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Is your wii always connected to the Internet Handorin? For all you... make sure you have the orange light displayed when your wii turns off. If it's red... I believe that means your Wii is not interacting with the internet... it could be hooked up... but the WiiConnect24 is not on.
Ya, it is always connected. I even played GH online during that time, so I know it was.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Orange means connected, Red means off completely

and if the blue light is goin, you've got mail.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
show details 6:53 PM (1 hour ago) Reply

An owner of a Wii Console is asking permission
to register you as a Wii Friend to exchange
e-mail with you. This individual's Wii e-mail address is

If you would like to exchange e-mail with this
individual, simply reply to this message.
You will then be able to exchange e-mail with
the following Wii address:

If you are unfamiliar with this Wii console and
its sender, please erase this e-mail without
responding to it.

----------------------

show details 7:51 PM (58 minutes ago) Reply

1. Name: WoodyDave
2. Community: Smashboards.com

------

See people... that simple.
Thank you Sir :)

bigman40

Smash Master
man you have a lot of stuff to deal with darkNES lol
You better have this running for ever cause I won't be around until late May/early June and I want to see how this is doing. Good luck haha. Everytime I check back here it's busy with Q&As. *sigh* you are crazy!!
haha, yeah, NES is pretty much dealing the cards. Yet, this'll be a great series for everyone to enjoy.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Honor sytem - for each successful confirmed win or loss you earn a pont. These points would be kept on record and possibly grant you permission to register for certain team events where judges are not available.

Volunteer System - This "group" is no longer an official group. If volunteers are needed... when the event gets larger than it currently is... we will have a system similar to the one you are already familiar with WGWOLVERINE.

By the way, I missed you on teamspeak last night =(

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I gotcha. Sorry if I seem inactive over at the forum. I've been writing a lot because of WWYP 7 and the mini WWYP 4. I'll be omnipresent on the OBC but I may not post as much, and I'll be on teamspeak more often throughout the weekends. My next blog at wifiwars is going to shout out to the OBC.

bigman40

Smash Master
Hey, I didn't know you guys were discussing on teamspeak last night......I don't have my wii online much (no second ethernet) so can you just PM me when it's going to happen?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
sorry i've been missing these teamspeak meetings. I've been having a tough time with all of my priorities, but I should be good to go for tomorrow's meeting, assuming everything downloads and the mic works.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
These are the players that have not sent a second messsage (as instructed). If you are planning to add the email account as instructed at the top of the main post... please make sure you come back to your wii in a little bit to reply to the message. If you did not get a message... come back in a day and see if the contact is still faded... if it is then you probably misspelled it:

O B C c o n f i r m a t i o n @ g m a i l . c o m

darkNES386

Smash Lord
That depends on the size of the online communit(y/ies) you join and how good you play. Obviously, online players will recognize good online players more easily than say someone who never jumps on their wifi. We already have a pretty solid group of people interested and if you are looking for some competative online play... you will have plenty of options. Our system does it's best to appeal to as many types of players as possible while also allowing newcomers that are really good to quickly become well known within our community.

Rookiebrawler

Smash Rookie
Thanks darkNES386, I have a clan and team on gamebattles.com that is world ranked with hundreds of other teams and THOUSANDS of other players. There are several oppurtunities to gain some rep but your well-thought out online communtiy seems to be a wonderful option.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Thank you Rookiebrawler. We are trying really hard to utilize the online friend code system as best as possible. The fact remains that when it's all said and done... you have to take the minute to enter someone else's code. That is why our main event is structured so that you enter multiple friend codes in one sitting and then play all those people in a semi-organized manner (you create half the games, and they create half the games). Then you come back to the forum and post your results. Do whatever, come back later(/the next day) and wa-la you find out whether or not you qualified. Either way, you got at least 10 new friends on your buddy list... all looking to play some fun online matches.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
The great thing about this community, is that it is as competitive as you want it to be. The user decides the level of involvement. We are developing a "Gym" system (similar to pokemon gyms) where people can challenge the best of a particular character. This will also be good for training/practice as well.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
The great thing about this community, is that it is as competitive as you want it to be. The user decides the level of involvement. We are developing a "Gym" system (similar to pokemon gyms) where people can challenge the best of a particular character. This will also be good for training/practice as well.
Yes, the gym system also seems really awesome as well. It will improve your best character, since you will be facing all people who use your character, and you can pick up their techniques and skills, and eventually become better too. This tournament seems really awesome, I almost want it as much as I want Brawl itself!

darkNES386

Smash Lord
A little random update for everyone:

Thursday we will post all the group information. You can add your brawl friend codes then and possibly test out connections if you want. Nothing is required... you don't even have to do this. Basically though, we're giving you 24 hours to fully prepare so that come friday evening... you can jump right on and start creating and joining your matches as appropriate.

After that couple hours window (still not set in stone yet), you need to post appropriately what happened.

Any questions?

Engo

Smash Ace
I'm trying to sign up, I sent an email with my username and the forum where I found out about OBC how long will it take for them to return the message?

Oh, and approximately how many people have signed up?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
I'm trying to sign up, I sent an email with my username and the forum where I found out about OBC how long will it take for them to return the message?

Oh, and approximately how many people have signed up?
You need to follow the directions in green on this page. You don't email us... you go on to your wii and add that email as a contact. Our system will then reply back to you with a message asking you to identify yourself. Try that out... and PM me your wii number if you want too.

EDIT: Yeah it is... you already did it right... wasn't that easy?

www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com/events/wiiRegistrationList.htm
^this was last updated this morning

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't know if you have truly registered. Nes runs the confirmation part, and I don't have access to it. You'll have to wait until he gets online.
You said you are registered on the OBC forums? what's your forum name?

Top Bottom