• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Brawl Community Doubles #7 - August 8th - Registration is day of event

darkNES386

Smash Lord
added the oh so nice banner to my sig. way to go on the new forum ,it looks, dare i say, PEACHY KEEN?!??!
AWESOME!!! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!! If anyone else wants to help me out like WGWOLVERINE add the following to your signature (in your profile settings)

Code:
[noparse][url=http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120358]An Online Tournament series hosted through smashboards.[/url][COLOR="Lime"]<----CHECK IT OUT[/COLOR]
[img]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~neschwar/Brawl/sigs/posterMotion.gif[/img][/noparse]
I signed up, but do I have to get Brawl before I get on the list?
You can not fully register for this event until you own a cop of Brawl. For those of you that register prior to Brawl's North America release... you can add OBCconfirmation@gmail.com to your wii console address book and then later identify yourself when we ask you to. For those of you that don't get around to it until Brawl's release... regardless of when you identify yourself... you need to submit your Brawl code prior to registration closing.

Dx-pyrohunter64

Smash Apprentice
I'm doin this. Just need to buy the nintendo lan adapter for my wii and I'm set. I've already payed off the game just need to wait for the midnight release at the gamestop over here =] I'll regiter my wii friend code when i get the lan adapter.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
yeah i was jsut curious

oh yeah and is this in any way, shape, or form, in compliance with the new "SWF friend finder beta"?
Nope, the people involved in organizing this are running it through their own programs and systems. You'll have irc and TeamSpeak resources to aid you are making/fighting matches during events. These resources will not be required for registered competitors, but they will be used by the tournament directors at the very least. It is not practical for us to assume that evey competitor has both a wii and computer that they can access simultaneously.

Keep the questions coming!

pwning_pit

Smash Rookie
where do i find my wii console address book????? i wanna sign up for this.. thanks for the help..

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
For future inquiries, please follow these screen shots.

Step one. Click the button in the bottom right of the screen to go to the message client.

Step two. Click the second button from the left. When you hover over it, it will display "Create Message". That's what you want to go to.

Step three. There it is! The ever elusive address book. Click on it. Now you can scroll pages by using the (+) and (-) buttons. Your own friend code is on the cover, which you can reach by scrolling back to it with the (-) button. Click add other, then add the correct address, and congratulations, you're as good as gold my friend.

Any other questions feel free to pm.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Enjoy man, glad to have you joining the cause. darkNES, you may want to quote that and either tack it on somewhere on your main post, or just link to this page of the thread, because with the diverse audience there will be people such as my good friend pwning pit that are not as wii-savvy as others.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
hey i registered but the letters are faded still ^.^ did you even get it or maybe i screwed up >< :confused:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
rest of first post
I think this is one of the greatest things in the entire community at this moment and possibly for the entire Brawl erra if it is worked with and stuck with.

Very impressed, very intrigued, very grateful. I can't register or anything until I get a router that complies with wiis, but I will definately be interested in competing and if needed, assisting in making this as fluent as possible.

Can't say how great this is enough, thank you and best of luck.
This is a new world that the smash world is currently unfirmilliar with and you've taken it in exactly the way it should be and was meant to be. *GIANT FREAKIN THUMBS UP!!*

darkNES386

Smash Lord
hey i registered but the letters are faded still ^.^ did you even get it or maybe i screwed up >< :confused:
Here is a list of wii numbers that have not completed registration...

These people have yet to identify themselves... OR we someone missed you. Either way, please send another message through the wii.

IF OUR CONTACT NAME IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK IS STILL FADED... THIS MEANS that either A, we did not reply to you, which we are terribly sorry about... OR B... you did not enter the correct name:

O B C c o n f i r m a t i o n @ g m a i l . c o m

chaindude; I will see if we goofed.

i need a wii!
Yes. We're sorry if this is an inconvience, but due to the structure of this first event we need to keep things as simple as possible. The beauty of this wii tracking system is that we will ultimately be able to have team events and even crew matches where you and your friends can use the same wii if necessary.

I've already got OBCconfirmation on my Wii, and I already got the message... is there anything else I need to do to guarantee my spot in the tourney, or am I good to go?
You are good to go right now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, understand that no one is guranteed a spot in the first event yet. As much as I want to start that, I have to keep in mind that some people may fail to get the game as soon as it is released. You can only begin the registration process. Everything is going to be a little messier this first time around... but when it's all said and done... as soon as you're able to W I I M E S S A GE your brawl code... we'll be all good. As long as your information all remains the same...

Y O U W I L L O N L Y H A V E T O D O T H I S O N E T I M E ! ! ! !

I think this is one of the greatest things in the entire community at this moment and possibly for the entire Brawl erra if it is worked with and stuck with.

Very impressed, very intrigued, very grateful. I can't register or anything until I get a router that complies with wiis, but I will definately be interested in competing and if needed, assisting in making this as fluent as possible.

Can't say how great this is enough, thank you and best of luck.
This is a new world that the smash world is currently unfirmilliar with and you've taken it in exactly the way it should be and was meant to be. *GIANT FREAKIN THUMBS UP!!*
Thanks Dynamism, I know you've been around this thread for quite some time. I'm just as happy to see where it has gone too. I couldn't have done it without the help of so many other people.

NY-Beast

Smash Apprentice
Hey Darkness , it's me RussianBagel. I changed my name , signed up for a new acc. So I'll identify myself as NY-Beast. Ok?

Rookiebrawler

Smash Rookie
I'm a smash noob as well, but I could begin to take interest in this. I'll sign up too. I want to eventually be a smash pro and I feel this is one of the ways to get there. Wi-Fi is honestly a great thing, I don't even have to leave my house to play. Also thank you guys for having the added convenience of making it on the weekend. Friday evenings and Saturday's are a good choice. But I'll be probably be participating in several tourneys with my clan and on other websites as well. You have to start somewhere.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Future tournaments, are still up for grabs... we want to appeal to the largest amount of people possible. Some plan on doing live tournaments on the weekend and want to do wifi stuff during the week. Other's don't plan on goign to live tournaments as much so weekends work well for that too. WE won't be having this EVERY weekend, so that's something to keep in mind as well. Also we will have much more stuff going on regularly.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I added the e-mail on my Wii. Will I get an e-mail on my saying I'm on my to registration?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
1) You add us
2) we reply back (automated)
3) you identify yourself with a second message
4) we add you to our system
5) When brawl comes out submit your ONLINE brawl name and Brawl Code

----the above only has to be done one time... as long as your info doesn't change----

Handorin

Smash Hero
The full process can not be completed until you have your own copy of Brawl, brawl code and brawl name.

There ya go. That's kinda what I meant. But you still cant register if you dont send in your Wii code. Keyword there is "you." Directors dont do it. Har? >_>

P.S. Ya, so I seem to be having problems getting that email to you. I guess you still havnt gotten my email because I havnt gotten one back. I checked the address and it's correct. Any suggestions?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
oookay.
I requested off work for most of Brawl week and the dates of the tourney :D
so no worries, i'm free to rock

darkNES386

Smash Lord
hmmm interesting... WoodyDave... we haven't received a message yet from you.... you added this last night? Huh... maybe people should try it a second time if they are having problems... Handorin did that before and it worked.

we're looking into this..... wii messaging might have delay issues sometimes

Handorin

Smash Hero
Actually, I think I know why it didnt work before.

Capitalizing OBC is a -must-.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
sweet I'll sign up as soon as I can.
What time are the matches going to start?
because I have school on Friday 21st till 2:30 but I dont get home till like 3:30

Top Bottom