• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, they were all pretty much based on personal opinion. But pichu, young link, roy, and Dr. Mario should definatly go, if there loved by some people or not.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I think I have valid reasons as to why Pichu and Dr. Mario should not be in Brawl.

Nothing against how they fight or whatever, I'm talking about the Adventure Mode. How could these two characters have a storyline in the long run?

Pichu is a mouse, and is technically a younger Pikachu. How can you have a story, besides having him as a sidekick for Pikachu. I mean, they're trying to save the world, and who is Pikachu going to pick as a partner? Jigglypuff/Pokemon Trainer or Pichu?

Dr. Mario is Mario in a doctor's outfit. Plain and simple. You can argue through the nose that he's different (how much damage he does in comparison) but he's still Mario. Mario's storyline is HIS storyline.

This would be like saying Fire Tunic Link should be a seperate character because he's different from Regular Tunic Link. (He can withstand fire?)

I'm thinking story. Characters that are returning to Brawl (Or new), should have story potential and unique movesets.
Plain and simple. They could look exactly the same for all I care (Mario and Luigi), but they need substance to be in Brawl. (Luigi's personality is different and he can have a story without Mario, this is why he will be returning.)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I think I have valid reasons as to why Pichu and Dr. Mario should not be in Brawl.

Nothing against how they fight or whatever, I'm talking about the Adventure Mode. How could these two characters have a storyline in the long run?

Pichu is a mouse, and is technically a younger Pikachu. How can you have a story, besides having him as a sidekick for Pikachu. I mean, they're trying to save the world, and who is Pikachu going to pick as a partner? Jigglypuff/Pokemon Trainer or Pichu?

Dr. Mario is Mario in a doctor's outfit. Plain and simple. You can argue through the nose that he's different (how much damage he does in comparison) but he's still Mario. Mario's storyline is HIS storyline.

This would be like saying Fire Tunic Link should be a seperate character because he's different from Regular Tunic Link. (He can withstand fire?)

I'm thinking story. Characters that are returning to Brawl (Or new), should have story potential and unique movesets.
Plain and simple. They could look exactly the same for all I care (Mario and Luigi), but they need substance to be in Brawl. (Luigi's personality is different and he can have a story without Mario, this is why he will be returning.)
Well Pichu is easy if you think about it:

Pikachu and Pichu are all friends and stuff, and Pikachu watches over Pichu like a big brother, Pichu wuvs his buddy... then one day Pichu is attacked by the Subspace Army and Pikachu comes to defend him (Could also work as a "Play as Pikachu" stage in Adventure Mode). Pikachu beats them all easy, the Minister sees this and forces a butt-load of troops to dispatch and capture Pikachu. The plan is successful, Pichu comes out of hiding/watching and decides it's his turn to protect his buddy. (Commence "Play as Pichu" stage)

Doc though just wouldn't make any sense:

Doc Mario is working on a patient who has a virus. All of a sudden, he is attacked by the Subspace Army and has to defend himself from them. He finishes the fight and returns to his patient only to see that she has passed away from not being treated in time. Then Doc screams "But-a WHYYYYYYYYYYY!?" and then swears vengence on the Subspace Army. (Commence "Play as Doc" stage)

^^^^
Seriously though, what could you possibly do with him?
Good point by the way EdwardGordon.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
Why can't we just have all of them come back.. And why can't we have every single character from everysingle game into a fighting game..??? lol

Doc pwns you in the...

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
you ask who's going to return?

Captain Falcon
Ness
Ice Climbers
Luigi
Mewtwo
Mr. Game Watch
Little Mac nuff said

JPW

Smash Ace
you ask who's going to return?

Captain Falcon
Ness
Ice Climbers
Luigi
Mewtwo
Mr. Game Watch
Little Mac nuff said
Little Mac wasn't in Melee. So how can he return.

Not that i'm saying he's a miss. I love Little Mac. The NES one, and I hope he does make the cut for Nostalgia.

Even if he gets to be popular and build his own fanbase we could see him jumping back into the game, probably part of the Mario spinoffs.

After all Mario was the ref in Punch-out NES.

I see these guys still returning though

Captain Falcon
Ness
Ice Climbers
Luigi
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Falco
Marth
Gannondorf

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman

This would be like saying Fire Tunic Link should be a separate character because he's different from Regular Tunic Link. (He can withstand fire?)
Or, like saying Zero Suit Samus should be a different character from Regular Suit Samus?

F2FTW

Smash Rookie
Or, like saying Zero Suit Samus should be a different character from Regular Suit Samus?
Well Zero Suit Samus is part of samus... Havn't you read what they (smashbros.com) said on Samus final smash. When she actualy does her final smash, her suit breaks and she becomes Zero Suit Samus. It is the same character...

Smash Ace
Roy and Dr. Mario. Falco and Ganondorf would be suave as well.
Marth is far too overrated. if he does not return, I want to see the looks on all their faces.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Well Zero Suit Samus is part of samus... Havn't you read what they (smashbros.com) said on Samus final smash. When she actualy does her final smash, her suit breaks and she becomes Zero Suit Samus. It is the same character...

That's my point. The person said Dr. Mario is Mario, and compared Link to a hypothetical "Fire Tunic Link." But the same argument, that a character should not be separate because of a costume change, also applies to Samus/Zero Suit Samus.

F2FTW

Smash Rookie
I found something on the net that... totaly made no sense to me but w/e. Let's see what you guis think about it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Bowser Jr. will be in brawl with Celda. There will be around 40 Characters in SSBB with 1-2 non Nintendo characters. Unfortunately, they announced 3 cuts :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:, Mr. Game & Watch, Young Link and Ice Climbers.

Give me replies i want to see what you guis think about this.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm sure everyone who read that got overly excited the first time. I know I did, I was all: "Hey! Look what I found! CSLink, Bowser Jr, and Ridley are in! No bout adout it!"

But then I found out shortly (on my own terms) that it was fake.

Thankfully though, the number of n00bs who post that site has decreased substantially. Now it's only about one a month. I remember a time when it was at least two a week.

EDIT:
Ahhhh... memories...

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting tired of seeing a topic for every single character in Melee asking if they will return.

We've got absolutely NO idea who will return.

So I made this topic. Talk about who should return, and why.
little mac...do I have to explain?

jus sayin

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I just want Sakurai to actually deconfirm one of the melee characters...

And here's a thought: What if Pichu gets cut from Brawl, but the way they explain it is that in one of Pikachu's cutscenes, he gets killed off and dies in Pikachu's arms.
And then the camera starts to zoom out and then Pikachu looks up to the sky, and yells, "PIKA PIKA!!!!" with a little sub-title that says, "WHY GOD WHY!!!!"

And then he has this personal vendetta and goes to this really dark place in his character development... and then he starts ripping off the heads of theSubspace army drones and then .....
I'm rambling.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie

And here's a thought: What if Pichu gets cut from Brawl, but the way they explain it is that in one of Pikachu's cutscenes, he gets killed off and dies in Pikachu's arms.
And then the camera starts to zoom out and then Pikachu looks up to the sky, and yells, "PIKA PIKA!!!!" with a little sub-title that says, "WHY GOD WHY!!!!"

And then he has this personal vendetta and goes to this really dark place in his character development... and then he starts ripping off the heads of theSubspace army drones and then .....
I'm rambling.

that would be awesome! lol ... but that'll never happen :(

Dynamism

Smash Lord

I'm rambling.
If only...

I do want some deconfirmation though. I guess Doc is de'd (Fair Mario) and Roy (Ike?) but Pichu needs a story, not just a pokeball crap or something. He should sacrifice itself to save Pickachu or something. Then Pickachu goes ****IN CRAZY!!!! and KICKS THE ****! Out of everything PIKA!!!!!!!PIKA!!!PIKA!!!

that would be awesome! lol ... but that'll never happen :(
Maybe they'll have options to choose how you want your game rated. lol I want epic ending by Emissary for Roy and Pichu

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ice Climbers. Why: Nobody likes them. there not cool, cute, strong, fast, or useful in anyway. and there voices...are extremely annoying.
PWN'D!

Sorry, but I just got sick of seeing people throwing around their flawed logic against them!

Look who's returning now! :chuckle:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!!
ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL!!!
Notice how they're actually freezing a character in one of the pictures?
Looks like it ain't a glitch any more.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
**** YOU ICS!
Now I have to take ... Olimar out of my sigs prediction list

The one thing I'm looking forward to is their new stage. When Rumble Falls came out alot of people were saying "IC's gone" while I said "IC's getting better stages" perferably Mountain Top or Ice Berg.

The DownB freezing at lower damage and not "raising" the frozen one will make them cooler (get it cooler haha)
IC's for Broken Tier!

LETS GO ICS LETS GO

Top Bottom