• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
And the Ice Climbers did the unthinkable to some gamers...

I gladly did not count them out, but unfortunately did not count them in. I was neutral whenever their name came up, but I'm glad they're in.

Though, it is surprising that we got their profile before Capt. Falcon's.

Where in the World is Captain Falcon?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
But they're still as adorable as ever. Now they're all fuzzy-wuzzy! Don't you just want to hug 'em!?
lol, I don't know about that. They might hit you with a hammer or something. XD After seeing Hiemie's picture, I don't think you want that to happen.

**** YOU ICS!
Now I have to take ... Olimar out of my sigs prediction list
Wait... are you saying that Ice Climber's deconfirm Olimar?

*sighs deeply*

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Didnt see ICs fully coming back. I pretty happy cuz they are a horrible character, but at the same time they take the place of yet another potential character.

~Sigh~ So torn...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Andrew-nope. you've misinterpereted that. It takes them off the "STARTING" roster. They need an unlockable character with that multi person trait. I thought the IC's would be unlockable this time around and Olimar would take their place to start. But now Olimar is an unlockable.

*sighs deeply*
whoo, almost caused some unecissary ruccuss there lol

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Didnt see ICs fully coming back. I pretty happy cuz they are a horrible character, but at the same time they take the place of yet another potential character.

~Sigh~ So torn...
They are NOT a horrible character. Far from it. They're one of a kind with their tag-team fighting style and the only ice based characters the series has. The only thing they are... is cheap. Their glitches and infinites in Melee was enough, IMO, for them to have been banned from tournament play (sadly, no one else in the world shares my dream). But this time, I think Sakurai may have fixed them so they can play well with others.

greenblob

Smash Lord
They are NOT a horrible character. Far from it. They're one of a kind with their tag-team fighting style and the only ice based characters the series has. The only thing they are... is cheap. Their glitches and infinites in Melee was enough, IMO, for them to have been banned from tournament play (sadly, no one else in the world shares my dream). But this time, I think Sakurai may have fixed them so they can play well with others.
Well, there's the Wobble and perhaps the toebiter infinite, but how are they exactly broken?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Andrew-nope. you've misinterpereted that. It takes them off the "STARTING" roster. They need an unlockable character with that multi person trait. I thought the IC's would be unlockable this time around and Olimar would take their place to start. But now Olimar is an unlockable.

*sighs deeply*
whoo, almost caused some unecissary ruccuss there lol
I don't really see how the confirmation of the Ice Climber's changes anything, really. I don't see what in the world made you think that the Ice Climbers would be unlockable in the first place.

JPW

Smash Ace
I never doubted their return for a second.

Even though these guys aren't my favourites they are a pretty good team when you give them a shot.

Now just bring on Falcon and Ness and that should be it................ right?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well, there's the Wobble and perhaps the toebiter infinite, but how are they exactly broken?
Because if you can grab your opponent who has any percent damage... you can automatically win if you want to.
Tell me that's not broken. It takes you about 2minutes to learn how to Wobble (that's how long it took me and I never play as ICs), and you're set.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Falcon and Ness right>?
That's what I wouldve thought
Just Falcon actually

24 starters

12 vets
Mario Link Pika DK Yoshi Zelda Samus Bowser Fox Kirby Falcon Peach

12 news
Pit Wario PT Diddy Ike Zamus MK Krystal BF LilMac Lucas AC Olimar

that was what I was thinking.
IC along with Ness, Marth etc... as secrets. Just to balance the default roster. Lucas takes Ness and ICs take Olimar respectively (as the PSI kid and Multi member characters.
Andrew-That's why

no big

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about G&W, the Kirby update said he's the only one coming back that hasn't changed much. Since G&W's apperance can't change he's gone

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm not sure about G&W, the Kirby update said he's the only one coming back that hasn't changed much. Since G&W's apperance can't change he's gone
They could just mean the only character who's moves havn't changed much.

EDIT:
Nope, I think I was wrong. It says:
"Yeah... He’s the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee. He’s round, pink, and soft."
That's most probably a nod towards his physical appearance. But you never know, Mr G&W could have a slight makeover for all we know. Has anyone here ever played a Game&Watch?

EDIT2:
And I was just Googling some Game & Watch games, like the more common titles (Oil Panic, Toss Up, Green House, etc) and in all of those titles, Mr G&W has eyes! I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to give the old guy his true classic look.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I only played one version of Game&Watch and I didn't see any eyes on him.

Nonetheless, I didn't really like him much anyways.

I just want... Shiekeh, Luigi and JigglyPuff.
Then I'll be happy.
I only really used Sheik/Zelda.

If not, I guess I'll just stick to just Zelda or Pit.
Although PT and Zamus seem like very likely candidates for meh! :D

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm giving links because I don't feel like saving new picture files:

Toss Up- http://www.brianapps.net/tossup/screenshot.jpg
Oil Panic- http://www.emunova.net/img/tests/1256.png
Fire!- http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-07/game-and-watch-enlargement.jpg

("Fire!" is actually a funny one. The Mr G&W we love so much from Melee happens to be the generic civilians falling out of the buildings. But the Mr G&W that stars in every other Game & Watch game is starring in this one. I guess it was a nice retro touch to have the image of the generic civilian being saved by two firemen.)
http://www.smashbrosmelee.com/char/gamewatch/3.jpg

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Yeah, you have a point.

All I know is that I really doubt that that G&W will be one that would replace the original.

Since, as you said, Mr.G&W was Generic.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
G&W is awesome, hes not a clone so i dont see the benefit of taking him out. Im just worried about Dr. Mario.
I mush rather plat Dr. over Mario cause the pills and himself are more heavy. I like the movement for him better. But I had an idea, that would be cool costume wise but not character wise.
Maybe instead of Changing just ur color, u actually change costume. Like Mario can me normal, Dr, Raccoon, Wing Cap, Fire Flower red and white, not gaining the powers of each different costume but just a different look. Same for Samus, could have Vira Suit, Fusion Suite, Phazon Upgrade Suit from Metroid Prime 3. Stuff like that, would be awesome. Some characters can change costume while others like Yoshi are fine with just color change. But I just want Dr. Mario back.

Sonic for Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because if you can grab your opponent who has any percent damage... you can automatically win if you want to.
Tell me that's not broken. It takes you about 2minutes to learn how to Wobble (that's how long it took me and I never play as ICs), and you're set.
Wobbling and infinte grabs are tourney banned. Most the uber cheapness of IC is toureny banned, but nonetheless, they are still cheap. However, most of us [myself included] use a lot of cheap characters, so wat are we to judge=??? I'm a top tier main, after all! :grin:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
G&W is awesome, hes not a clone so i dont see the benefit of taking him out. Im just worried about Dr. Mario.
I mush rather plat Dr. over Mario cause the pills and himself are more heavy. I like the movement for him better. But I had an idea, that would be cool costume wise but not character wise.
Maybe instead of Changing just ur color, u actually change costume. Like Mario can me normal, Dr, Raccoon, Wing Cap, Fire Flower red and white, not gaining the powers of each different costume but just a different look. Same for Samus, could have Vira Suit, Fusion Suite, Phazon Upgrade Suit from Metroid Prime 3. Stuff like that, would be awesome. Some characters can change costume while others like Yoshi are fine with just color change. But I just want Dr. Mario back.
Oh, I see... so like alternate skins?

Yea, that's been said about a jillion times already. Especially concerning Doctor Mario.

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think, that if the Ice Climbers actually made it in, despite all of those fake rumors, I do think that Mr. G&W will make it back. Sure, he isn't he best character in thwe world, but why remove him? He's very orignial, and actually a pretty **** cool addition. To me, there are only 2 characters I can see getting cut, or at least replaced. First is Young Link. There is no need for another Link character that acts exactly the same. Possibly a Wolf Link/Midna thing could replace him. As for my toher charatcer, well cmon. Pichu sucks. An almost exact clone of Pikachu, who takes damage using a majority of its attacks. Perhaps, he could be replaced with a 2nd generation pokemon thats actually famous, cause the 2nd genertaion doesn't seem to get any love.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Okay everyone we have a new n00b to inform lol, no offense

Pichu - out
_Why?: well, he's not very special in any way, sucks, and there's not much they can do with him/it.
YLink_out
_Why?: replaced with CSLink (wind waker). 1. They won't just eliminate a Link. 2. He has a huge fanbase and many games were CShaded. 3. There is plenty of great possible MS (move sets) for a Link considering his history of games and mass variety of equipement. (argue this further in the WWLink thread.)
Roy_out
_Why: He was a clone of Marth and the only difference was his power. Now Ike has power. They need Marth as he was the original Lord in FE and there are more important as well as unique characters in the series than Roy (ex: Micaiah/Black Knight)
Doc - out
_Why?: Come on, he's Mario. Alternate costume.
That's about it for non-returners. All other characters have strong reasons to stay.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Agreed, though Miciah isn't more important. Her game is only out in Japan, and she's the main character, same as Roy. Unless Sakurai is being a mere promotional tool [again], I don't see her being a playable character. Black Knight is debateable, being the main villian of FE: PoR, and being a villian in GoD. I think there will be 3 FE spots, and the third is either Roy or the Black Knight. Definitely.

And G&W should return. He should return, since he's original, fun, and VERY IMPORTANT TO NITENDO. I'd argue he's even more important to Nintendo then Link, actually [though definitely not as reconizable]. He only started them in video gaming after all. Plus show me one time when Sakurai has hated on originality. If anything, he imbraces it *Points at Ness, Fox, Captain Falcon, Marth, Samus, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo [despite being horrible in Melee], IC, Meta Knight, Pit, Solid f***ing Snake, the Pokémon Trainer, and G&W*.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ heh, that would definetly be sweet, Ganon with his twilight princess look and his sword as for WW Link I wouldn't mind him seeing as long as he got a cool moveset then I wouldn't care too much at all

@brawlpro: that Pm was from Eorlingas (an admin on this board) he had sent that to me so...

JPW

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but isn't a Wolf Link/Midna another Link? In fact it's the same Link isn't it?

How can you be against young link but not Midna and Wolf Link. "Weird"?

And there's always different Links. And last time I check Young Link has his own games now. And Young Link goes by that Cel shaded look now.

so it'll be easy to differentiate.
And if they let Young Link use stuff like his Slingshot, Deku sticks and such he wont be so bad huh?

The problem is.... that if Young Link is cut the Zelda franchise could drop to 3. and in a way that is an insult especially for the 2nd highest rated franchise on Nintendo.

RicanThunder

Smash Cadet
Everyone keeps saying cel-shaded link will be in it. He looks absolutely nothing like the other characters in terms of graphics and detail. I think it would just look weird in comparison. I dunno maybe thats just me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Everyone keeps saying cel-shaded link will be in it. He looks absolutely nothing like the other characters in terms of graphics and detail. I think it would just look weird in comparison. I dunno maybe thats just me.
You know Ike was cel shaded in his game?

And have you ever heard of this little man called Mr. Game and Watch?

Almo

Smash Ace
*coughgameandwatchcough* kirby also had almost no graphical update, pokemon have such large movepools you can give pichu different attacks, and the problem with wolf link is that that is the same link that is already in brawl with the TP design. sure it's always link in the game, but i can't see it happening. it's like putting baby mario in. it's the same person. except baby mario is considered a seperate character in the series and wolf link is a part of the main character. we don't need another swordsman since we already have meta, ike, possibly marth and/or roy, possiblility of ganondorf's moveset change. we need a mage/sage from fire emblem.

penn_state_505

Smash Rookie
Pichu, Falco, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, shouldn't return. In the place of pichu can be minun and plusle. In the place of Falco can be Krystal. In the place of Mr. Game and Watch can be Sukapon. In the place of Mewtwo is the Pokemon Trainer.

Top Bottom