• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Everyone keeps saying cel-shaded link will be in it. He looks absolutely nothing like the other characters in terms of graphics and detail. I think it would just look weird in comparison. I dunno maybe thats just me.
Have you ever played SSBM? It doesn't seem like you have because your ignorance of that game is overwhelming.

Tell me if you have played SSBM, did you unlock all of the characters? By the comment you just made it seems as if you haven't. I really think if you do have Melee you really should go an unlock all of the characters.

If your going to talk about graphics and detail tell me, DID THE ****ING GRAPHICS OF MELEE MATCH 100% WITH MR. G&W?

My god people are so ignorant it's absolutely disgusting.

-Knight

Almo

Smash Ace
haha why would we want 2 pichu's when people complain about 1? plusle+minun=pichu with math signs on face.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
haha why would we want 2 pichu's when people complain about 1? plusle+minun=pichu with math signs on face.
I know what you mean.

Ice Climbers for the only duo in Brawl!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why not just have every Pikachu rip-off on a single team?

We could have Maril, Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu all on one team! And they could belong to a PT type character who's a Pokemaniac that dresses like a Pichu!

Yaaaaay!!!
Hey why don't we have all colour variations of Pikachu's cheek's as a separate PC... except make them all from scratch so they take up the same time and same space as another PC!?

... Lets just hope Sakurai doesn't run out of Pikachu type PKMN or that might happen XS

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why not just have every Pikachu rip-off on a single team?

We could have Maril, Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu all on one team! And they could belong to a PT type character who's a Pokemaniac that dresses like a Pichu!

Yaaaaay!!!
lol!

Tonight's update...

New Challenger Approaching!

(and I'm like "OMG! What if it's Isaac?!?!??!?") I freak out, scroll down...

Only to my horror to find it's Pokemaniac, who has all of the electric rodents you mentioned. I really hope they don't make it at all... If any of those electric rodents make it they HAVE TO be Pokeball's or background hazards. (Notice how the electricity form of PS2 wasn't shown for some reason?)

jordanshuriken

Smash Rookie
iceclimbers suck

or atleast that's what I used to say, now I know their true awesomeness.

(you can delete this post if you guys want, I am only a noob, so I don't know if I can.)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It was funny that on Thursday no one even TALKED about the update and now we're still talking about Friday's
What was Thursday's update again? lol.

Well, the announcement of the Ice Climbers is big. Their return was a controversial matter, as many people where sure they wouldn't return, be that by stupid rumors that where disproved but some people still believe for some reason, or just thoughts like "they're a one time character."

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd seriously laugh if he did that update and showed all of her special moves BUT her down B.:laugh:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'd seriously laugh if he did that update and showed all of her special moves BUT her down B.:laugh:
I'm totally expecting something like that. If/when he updates with her moves, I'm betting he'll give us her up and side B's. O_<

Igneous42

Smash Ace
With the announcement of the Ice Climbers i'm under the impression that all non clones will return. As for the clones I think Ganondorf and Falco will likely return. I am thinking Roy, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Dr. Mario will be cut.

Zacoftheaxes

Smash Cadet
the only ones who should be removed are the Doc and Roy, as the are unimportant to their series

Pichu is to Pikachu as Luigi is to Mario.

Falco is the favored first mate of fox , they've saved each other countless times.

Gannondorf is LoZ's main antagionist.

Y. Link appears more than adult link, and the current link in brawl is not the hero of time, he's hero of the twilight.

everyone else should stay as they are creative and sakurai wouldn't sacrifice them for any reason.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Pichu is to Pikachu as Luigi is to Mario.
. . . No.

Mario and Luigi are brothers, and the two most important mascots of their franchise.

Pichu, as far as we know, was just a random Pichu. Being as there is a whole race of the Pikachu family, the Pikachu and Pichu we saw in Melee may not have been related at all. Plus, Pichu has about as much icon status as Caterpie (that is: none).

Why are we all still stating our opinions on the clones anyway? I've only been here 2-3 months, and I'm already sick of seeing people talking about which clones they think should go and which shouldn't. We're all just repeating the same things over and over and over and over and OVER again. :dizzy:

"Pichu's useless and masochistic."

"Roy was only in for advertisement."

"Doc should be a costume change."

"We only need one Link."

"Falco should be replaced by Krystal."

"Ganondorf's nose is big."

It's all the same crap that's been stated before.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd say 22 of the 25 Melee fighters (Sheik doesn't count) will be in Brawl. The fighters that may be ditched are Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link (gets replaced by Wind Waker Link).

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Well Ganondorf is pretty much a given, he didnt deserve to be a clone and there is no reason NOT to make him playable XD

Falco chances are 50/50 He is either going to be replaced or de-cloned (Please de-cloned!! ^^)

Dr.Mario would be perfect for an Alternate costume for Mario, I bet Dr.Mario fans would still be happy with that :D

Roy, I originally thought he was going to be taken out for sure, but when I sat the Lyn AT (T.T) I felt that Roy still has a chance.

Pichu, I see no reason to keep Pichu. I know its cute and fast but it just doesnt need to be a character XD

Young Link, I bet Young Link is either going to change into WW Link or de-cloned to a moveset to fit Majoras Mask (Oni Link FS FTW O_O)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'd say 22 of the 25 Melee fighters (Sheik doesn't count) will be in Brawl. The fighters that may be ditched are Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link (gets replaced by Wind Waker Link).
My sentiements exactly, I agree with this guy.
Ganondorf and Falco should be luigifed and be given the fludd treatement in certain areas;
YLink should be exchanged for CSLink, Roy should be replaced by Ike (hopefully that's the case), Pichu should be given the axe to make room for Lucario, and Doc Mario should be an alternate skin for Mario;
Luigi, CFalcon, Jigglypuff, Marth will return;
Ness, Sheik, Mewtwo, Mr G&W should return.

Lucario, Lucas, Claus, Wolf, Geno, Ephraim, Hector, Ridley, Vaati, and most importantly Sonic 4 Brawl

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
BK can join if he wants... I just like the idea of a lance and an axe better.
and I don't really know who Micaiah is either...
I want Megaman AND Geno, I never specified which I wanted more.
And Vaati's the only other deserving Zelda character from the series that I can think of other than CSLink.

oh my nothin'...:chuckle:

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm new here. I looked through a few pages of this thread, and well, I decided to join. So here's my opinion.

Pichu and Dr. Mario are definately out as far as I'm concerned. They're clones, but not only that. They look too similar to their counterparts which is another reason they should get the boot. I mean, Dr. Mario IS Mario. If anything, Mario should have a costume change option into Dr. Mario. Costume changes would be sufficient replacements for color changes. Pichu just needs to go though.

G & W should make a return because of his uniqueness and his roots to the past Nintendo days.

Ganon is a sure fire return.

C.Falcon is pretty much already confirmed because of Samarui Goroh.

Someone from Earthbound is going to make a return because they've already revealed an item from Earthbound (the reflector patch)

Marth and Roy are pretty much scrapped because of Ike.

I have no clue about Sheik, seeing as she wasn't in the latest Zelda. But who knows, she could make a return.

As for the Pokemon, they may scrap previous ones such as Jiggs and M2 to get some new ones out there. A female pkmn trainer with 3 different pkmn would be sweet imo.

They have to bring someone else in from StarFox. Falco either needs to be scrapped or given a new moveset. I'd actually like Krystal as a replacement.

Seeing as Mario now has the F.L.U.D, I'm guessing Luigi will probably come back with his ghost sucking vacuum.

So yeah, that's my opinion on the returnees and what should be done with them.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
I'm not even gonna repeat reality :laugh:

I'm stoked for Ganon!
IMO...(most will probably disagree) Ganon should NOT have a sword! He could have a sweet *** dark power MS with some fire power like what he shot in OoT or something. Too many people have swords and Ike or BK (if he makes it) can be the heavy-weight sword weilders.

I'm stoked for Luigi!
IMO...(most agree to this one though) Luigi needs TUNDERHAND! The Poltergust 3000 can replace the fireball and his tornado can be his Dair. His new DownB can be some sort over expanding green fire backflippy mabobber and his thunder hand can be an UBERSTRONG >Smash!

I'm stoked for Marth!
IMO...(and it's 50/50 here prbly) Marth will be weaker in the KOing aspect but relatively the same speed (proportionally considering the game is slower) and weight. His priority is his biggest strength but he won't have absolute dominance with his Tip. It will continue to thrive, but not kill.

G&W will PWN!
Mew2 ill PWN!
Jiggs will PWN
Falcon will PWN!
and Sheik "may" PWN!

that's about it

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Marth and Roy are pretty much scrapped because of Ike.

As for the Pokemon, they may scrap previous ones such as Jiggs and M2 to get some new ones out there. A female pkmn trainer with 3 different pkmn would be sweet imo.

They have to bring someone else in from StarFox. Falco either needs to be scrapped or given a new moveset. I'd actually like Krystal as a replacement.
1) It's more Roy than Marth. Marth is the FIRST FE lord and he was in a sequel/remake.

2) I'm going to see PT as having a female alternate costume, not another character with different Pokemon. Jiggz will return and Mew2 should. They're both original, Jiggz is a great character, and Mew2 has so much potential.

3) I agree that Falco should be luigified and be given a fludding
(I'm trying to coin this; Fludding- [v]removing a special move and replacing it <What does everyone think? Good or bad?>
, and include Krystal (and Wolf) on the side. There's nothing wrong with more good characters.

P.S.- Welcome to the boards!

{Aside}- I've been putting up a lot of spoilers today.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
1) It's more Roy than Marth. Marth is the FIRST FE lord and he was in a sequel/remake.

2) I'm going to see PT as having a female alternate costume, not another character with different Pokemon. Jiggz will return and Mew2 should. They're both original, Jiggz is a great character, and Mew2 has so much potential.

3) I agree that Falco should be luigified and be given a fludding
(I'm trying to coin this; Fludding- [v]removing a special move and replacing it <What does everyone think? Good or bad?>
, and include Krystal (and Wolf) on the side. There's nothing wrong with more good characters.

P.S.- Welcome to the boards!

{Aside}- I've been putting up a lot of spoilers today.
Yeah, I guess Marth could make a return. Ike just has some wicked moves though that far surpass anything Marth did in the last game. They'd have to give him a makeover in order for him to make it.

And yeah, the more chracters the better, despite what anyone else says. I read a post quite a few pages back that said more characters would be a bad thing because it would be too many things to unlock and whatnot. I may be wrong, but don't people want as much stuff piled into a game (especially this one) so that it never ends and you can pretty much have an infinate amount of time having fun utilizing all of the characters? Meh, the more the better is what I say.

The costume change for PT is an interesting theory. Although I'm not sure how that would work since they'd have to go with Hoenn pkmn since Piplup ruined it for Sinnoh and Chikorita ruined it for Johto. A Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken combo would be pretty cool. The only thing is Blaziken doesn't have wings, and the costume change pretty much means that it has to be a clone. Well, it's still a cool thought. Costume change in itself is an awesome thought.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the welcome. :)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The costume change for PT is an interesting theory. Although I'm not sure how that would work since they'd have to go with Hoenn pkmn since Piplup ruined it for Sinnoh and Chikorita ruined it for Johto. A Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken combo would be pretty cool. The only thing is Blaziken doesn't have wings, and the costume change pretty much means that it has to be a clone. Well, it's still a cool thought. Costume change in itself is an awesome thought.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the welcome. :)
No no no, the pokemon wouldn't change their skin, only the trainer would. "He" would become a "she". The pokemon wouldn't change at all. It would be cool if the Pokemon changed form, but there aren't many options for Charizard's alternate. Squirtle and Ivysaur would be easy to think of an alternate, but Charizard is wherein the problem lies.

Maybe Dragonite could be his alternate? But that's all I can think of...

Oh, and you're welcome.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
No no no, the pokemon wouldn't change their skin, only the trainer would. "He" would become a "she". The pokemon wouldn't change at all. It would be cool if the Pokemon changed form, but there aren't many options for Charizard's alternate. Squirtle and Ivysaur would be easy to think of an alternate, but Charizard is wherein the problem lies.

Maybe Dragonite could be his alternate? But that's all I can think of...

Oh, and you're welcome.
Oh ok, that makes sense. Dragonite would actually be a really awesome character. Hyper Beam and or Dragon Rage/Dragon Breath etc...would make for a cool attack. No character has shot out a straight beam of energy before. I doubt it'll happen though. As long as Jiggs and M2 are modified for the better, then I'll be satisfied. Still, some new pkmn blood would make pkmn fans rejoice, such as myself.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Samus will shoot out a straight beam.

...and then her clothes will fall off. :bigthumbu
Lol, so true. That's a final smash though. Shooting continuous Hyper Beams in any direction you wanted at any time you wanted would make me one happy puppy. But I guess they could always make an item for that. :p

Top Bottom