• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

greenblob

Smash Lord
Probably leaving: Pichu, Doc, Young Link, Roy
Might leave: Ness (->Lucas if he leaves), Sheik

Pichu is just another electric rat, Doc is the same person as Mario, and although you could argue that Young Link is a different person than Link, do we really need two incarnations of Link? Roy was just there as an advertisement.

Ness could be replaced by Lucas, and Sheik is too minor of a character.

In terms of Zelda characters, I think that it should be kept at three: one for each third of the triforce.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Give the guy a break roy_owns. He just got onto the boards, he doesn't know that's what people have been saying since Brawl was revealed. Give him a few days to catch up to speed. It's not like he disagrees with the general concensus and made a dumb comment. He just made a comment we see every day.

Pizzaguylol

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think that all clones should have potential to come back and be properly lugified (and we may even be able to call it "mariofied" now), except for Doctor Mario.

He's forever doomed to be a clone. Make him an alternate costume.
Yeah I definitely agree. Theres no reason for him to be his own character. Could change the fireballs to pills and everything, too. Just don't change anything else.

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
Here's what I think:

Probably returning: Luigi, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Marth
Possibly returning: Falco, Roy, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers
Probably not returning: Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Jeeze...we're actually on topic in here...<_<

Anyway, I'd say Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, and Mr. Game & Watch should return. All of the others are disposable/replaceable.

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
^^^^
Young Link and Pichu over Roy. Roy was in Melee for advertising purposes only. Now that his game is long since been out, there's no need for him anymore.
Oh, yeah I guess. I don't think Young Link and Pichu have a good chance though, although I would like to see Young Link. I'd like to see his Final Smash as Fierce Deity Link. They could maybe use the other transformation masks as well and theoretically make a very unique character. Not so sure about the Giant's Mask, but maybe he could wear it when he puts on a Super Mushroom or something, just as an easter egg.

As for Pichu... well I've always thought he was fairly ill-recieved by most and although he has a lot of power, I don't really see him coming back. It almost seems like even the trophy descriptions admit he doesn't have many good qualities.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
maybe mewtwo might return but in a different form like... what if the pokemons trainer's final smash is that he sends out a legendary pokemon (i.e. mewtwo) that is badass and does lots of damage and is controllable just like the other pokemon he uses in battle.

if mewtwo was a standalone character they should make him heavier or something cuz one of the problems w/ him in the last game was that he was not only kind of big and kind of slow but at the same time lightweight and easy to knock back. so they should fix that... or something.

Pizzaguylol

Smash Cadet
I definitely agree about Mewtwo needing to be heavier, but thats not all. His whimsical movement and floaty nature combined with his light weight and somewhat weak moves make him way too vulnerable as a fighter. A heavier weight, firmer movement, and stronger moves would definitely help #150.

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
I've always considered him the second worst fighter in the game. I'm sure he's good if you get good with him though. Being the second or third strongest Pokemon in the Pokemon series, I would expect more from him.

JPW

Smash Ace
who is this Lucas I keep on hearing about? I know in a way he's part of earthbound. People always say he should replace Ness, and they'd only be saying that if there were similarities. Was he ever a major character in Earthbound?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
roy_owns said:
right... then whose the lead of Mother?
SOme kid named 'Ninten'.

Get it? Cuz' the first Mother was on the original NINTENdo? And Mother 2, starring NESS, was on the SNES?

No pun in Lucas though. Shame.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
SOme kid named 'Ninten'.

Get it? Cuz' the first Mother was on the original NINTENdo? And Mother 2, starring NESS, was on the SNES?

No pun in Lucas though. Shame.
That's because Mother 3 was for the GBA. The only names you could get from that are Gab and Bag. And if you rearrange the letters in Lucas, you get his brother's name: Claus. If they made Mother 3 that way, we'd have Bag and his evil twin Gab (who would probably be a girl then).

And there may be some other meaning behind the names Lucas and Claus other than the fact that the same letters spell different names, but we just don't know about what else it might be.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Gee thanks for spoiling me on Mother 3 Dyce -_-'. You just HAD to tell everyone that Claus is still alive and became evil. I was waiting for the unofficial translation patch for the ROM too...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
That's a nice list of characters. I wonder what it's for?
Isn't it obvious? It says right there, "wanted", which means Eevee4ssbb has clearly put a price on all those listed characters' heads.

Strange way to go about it though. I'm not sure how many professional hitmen hang out on SWF...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
That's because Mother 3 was for the GBA. The only names you could get from that are Gab and Bag. And if you rearrange the letters in Lucas, you get his brother's name: Claus. If they made Mother 3 that way, we'd have Bag and his evil twin Gab (who would probably be a girl then).
Interesting. "Bag" would've been a great name, though.

Question: What exactly is a "dumazz"?

Top Bottom