• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sure, they're suitable, but just because they're suitable doesn't mean they'll make it in. >_>

Anyways can we actually discuss who is going to return? I don't recall playable AC characters in Melee. Seeing as I last played it a week or so ago, I don't think I'd forget something like that.

I think Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Luigi HAVE to return. Otherwise the characters that I want to return the most and SHOULD return are Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Falco and Ganondorf.

angel551

Smash Cadet
I say Luigi HAS to return, personally i dont really care if he does, but he is one of the Mario Bros, so it's a given that he will return.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I find it odd that pretty much every secret character has yet to be confirmed.

I think it's odd.

Maybe it's a sign of clones getting their own movesets?

Maybe it's my own stupid thinking but I get a suspicious feeling. :/

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Time to attack those who point out the obvious!

Anyone in the N64 version will make it into Brawl. Otherwise, I think Sakurai would either make room for new guys, or make MORE room for the new guys.
Well of course that's the case. It's either "some and more" or "all and more". There's no inbetween, more, or less than that.

I find it odd that pretty much every secret character has yet to be confirmed.

I think it's odd.

Maybe it's a sign of clones getting their own movesets?

Maybe it's my own stupid thinking but I get a suspicious feeling. :/
You could think that, but you'll also have to take into consideration that not all secret characters are clones.

Time to stop attacking those who point out the obvious!
Falcon is gonna be in brawl theres no question about it, other wise they wouldnt have given goroh the falcon symbol
That and the fact that he was also in the original. Same thing with Smashville.
I'm in total agreement with everything you two are saying. :)

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it's a pretty good chance that the original 12 are going to be in. Luigi and Jigglypuff definitely as secret characters. Capt. and Ness I'm not sure if they'll be starters like in Melee or hidden like in 64, but their both definitely in since their icons are in.

As for the "clones" I do not see Doc returning period. It's just Mario as a doctor, besides he already seems to be incorporating some of the Doc's moves into his own (f-air not spiking and instead having high knockback).

Falco is top-tier and second in starfox popularity only being topped by Fox. I expect him to return but with a new moveset (big surprise their huh? It's not like anyone else hasn't said that right?) to seperate him from Fox.

I do not like Pichu...not because I don't like playing as it but because it's so freakin light and its better attacks hurt it. If Pichu returns which I think it won't but if it does...then I expect it to be a huge comboer with decent kill moves and I don't think it would hurt to lose the self-damage.

Ganondorf should return cuz he's sweet...the new unstunable moves for heavier characters will help him a great deal and hopefully he'll even incorporate his sword in his moveset too. I don't really care if he gets a new moveset or not.

YLink should return but updated to his current form. The WWLink would prove to be a great deal different from TPLink to clear up the whole clone argument.

Roy I think should go since he was only included to promote his game. I wouldn't mind if he stayed but if he does then he needs a new moveset to set him apart from Marth.

Speaking of Marth I think he should return cuz he's cool. On top of that...the best player in the world uses Marth. That should've landed Marth some credit right?

Game & Watch I personally thought was neat. I don't see a reason to get rid of him but on the same note there's no reason to keep him either. His WTF value will have diminished in Brawl unfortunately.

Sheik...I hate Sheik! So annoying to fight against! However, what really bothers me about Sheik is that no one picks Zelda to play as Zelda. The two need to be seperated so people will play as both of them and not just one.

Ice Climbers are really interesting and the idea is pretty cool, but they are too easily beaten if seperated IMO. If their single-play were changed from their team-play then I could see them returning.

Finally I come to Mewtwo...very interesting character...even fun to play with...problem is his moveset suck (my opinion but I assure you I'm not the only one to have said this). So how can we rectify that? Oh I know! Give him an entirely new moveset!

Well...I think that's everybody. What do you think?

Koscu

Smash Cadet
I honestly think that Sheik has been replaced by Snake, just a hunch. I may be crazy.

Diddy Kong looks pretty sick imho, and i'll probably switch over to him if Sheik doesn't make it in as her own character [i want a down-b :(]

Drake3

Smash Ace
I've seen this point made many times. It is entirely possible that the icon is there simply because the stage needs a symbol. It does not confirm the appearance of a character.
While I'm not going to confirm an AC character based on a stage symbol, Battlefield uses the Smash Bros symbol, and therefore Smashville could've as well.

Oh <_< Right >_> Topic <_<

Uhhh I think they'll leave Sheik in because nobody's Special Attack so far has been altered completely.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Pichu: Not coming back

Doc: Not coming back

Roy: Not coming back

Falco: New moveset

Ganon: New moveset

Luigi: WTF of course he's coming back, with a new moveset

Jigglypuff: Coming back

Ness: Coming back or replaced by Lucas (please come back!)

C. Falcon: Coming back

G&W: Hopefully coming back

IC's: Coming back

Sheik: Probably not coming back...

Mewtwo: Will come back if we don't get Blaziken/Lucario

There you have it.

Believe it.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I'd say it's a pretty good chance that the original 12 are going to be in. Luigi and Jigglypuff definitely as secret characters. Capt. and Ness I'm not sure if they'll be starters like in Melee or hidden like in 64, but their both definitely in since their icons are in.

As for the "clones" I do not see Doc returning period. It's just Mario as a doctor, besides he already seems to be incorporating some of the Doc's moves into his own (f-air not spiking and instead having high knockback).

Falco is top-tier and second in starfox popularity only being topped by Fox. I expect him to return but with a new moveset (big surprise their huh? It's not like anyone else hasn't said that right?) to seperate him from Fox.

I do not like Pichu...not because I don't like playing as it but because it's so freakin light and its better attacks hurt it. If Pichu returns which I think it won't but if it does...then I expect it to be a huge comboer with decent kill moves and I don't think it would hurt to lose the self-damage.

Ganondorf should return cuz he's sweet...the new unstunable moves for heavier characters will help him a great deal and hopefully he'll even incorporate his sword in his moveset too. I don't really care if he gets a new moveset or not.

YLink should return but updated to his current form. The WWLink would prove to be a great deal different from TPLink to clear up the whole clone argument.

Roy I think should go since he was only included to promote his game. I wouldn't mind if he stayed but if he does then he needs a new moveset to set him apart from Marth.

Speaking of Marth I think he should return cuz he's cool. On top of that...the best player in the world uses Marth. That should've landed Marth some credit right?

Game & Watch I personally thought was neat. I don't see a reason to get rid of him but on the same note there's no reason to keep him either. His WTF value will have diminished in Brawl unfortunately.

Sheik...I hate Sheik! So annoying to fight against! However, what really bothers me about Sheik is that no one picks Zelda to play as Zelda. The two need to be seperated so people will play as both of them and not just one.

Ice Climbers are really interesting and the idea is pretty cool, but they are too easily beaten if seperated IMO. If their single-play were changed from their team-play then I could see them returning.

Finally I come to Mewtwo...very interesting character...even fun to play with...problem is his moveset suck (my opinion but I assure you I'm not the only one to have said this). So how can we rectify that? Oh I know! Give him an entirely new moveset!

Well...I think that's everybody. What do you think?
I agree with you 100 %...though I like Sheik, her moves are CRAZY! One can never have enough ninjas :laugh:

I hope Pichu doesn't come back. Since we're all pretty sure that Doctor Mario won't make the cut, Pichu shouldn't be in there, that'd be really messed up.

Although I don't see much difference between Fox and Falco, I'm pretty sure Falco will be back since he has such a large fanbase.

Ice Climbers...I can see them very well in Brawl. Something about them just screams "Super Smash Brothers".

Mewtwo is still a very important character in my book. I personally don't care for Lucario, I didn't even know him when I first got to the Smash boards. But eh, I won't care if one of them doesn't make the cut, we will still have one badass Pokemon. ^^

I always preferred Roy over Marth, but I guess both are cool and it's okay if Roy doesn't make it, it's practically a given. Now we have Ike, let's see what next there will be (I'm pretty sure there's going to be another FE, but that's just a feeling)

I would like to see WW Link, but the chances are 50/50. I can very well see him in Brawl, but then again, we can't be sure. But that would make an interesting idea. Sure, not everybody liked WW (although it's still one of the best Zelda games out there, it's just that some people can't look beneath the graphics), but that won't stop Sakurai from making his decisions. So all we can do is wait.

And last but not least: Give me Ganon and nobody will be hurt :laugh: Seriously, I couldn't care less if he didn't have a new moveset, I'd main him anyway. So...gimme gimme gimme! :)

smashbot226

Smash Master
Meh. Doc is out, Pichu's out, I hope Ice Climbers are out (Probably cuz the hammers scream SMASH!), Mr. G n W is hopefully in, Shiek is hopefully in a completely seperate character, Mewtwo may be in nonetheless of another Pokemon newcomer, Falco... IDK, Ganon is surely returning, Luigi and Jigglypuff are 100 percent yes,Roy is only a maybe, Marth is a possibility, and Ness is here to stay.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
To be honest, smashbot, you can't say any of that with certainty.

I really hope the Ice Climber's return.

I would like to see WW Link, but the chances are 50/50. I can very well see him in Brawl, but then again, we can't be sure. But that would make an interesting idea. Sure, not everybody liked WW (although it's still one of the best Zelda games out there, it's just that some people can't look beneath the graphics), but that won't stop Sakurai from making his decisions. So all we can do is wait.
I have to disagree, and it has nothing to do with the graphics, in fact I liked WW's graphics. I just didn't find it as fun as other Zelda games.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, with the addition to Pokemon Trainer, who has brought even more originality to SSB, Ice Climbers should make way for more originalty. Sure they were fun, but they're old now.

I'm not saying it with certainty; I'm saying it as an opinion.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, with the addition to Pokemon Trainer, who has brought even more originality to SSB, Ice Climbers should make way for more originalty. Sure they were fun, but they're old now.
I think people are forgetting that a character duo, and a "transformation" character are two completely different things... >_>

Why take out one of the most unique characters in Super Smash Bros. to "make way for more originality." that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not saying it with certainty; I'm saying it as an opinion.
That explains all of the 100%s I saw in your post. -_-

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I have to disagree, and it has nothing to do with the graphics, in fact I liked WW's graphics. I just didn't find it as fun as other Zelda games.
Maybe I should have specified. It's only that I noticed that people generally b**** more about the graphics, but that doesn't mean I state that as fact. It's just that feel I get when I look at the forums. Of course I might be wrong on that ^^
But I still think WW Link would make a good Brawl character with his _own_ moveset, even though WW was indeed radically different than every other LoZ game. But it wouldn't matter much as it's still Zelda. WW Link is kind of a "goofy" (in a loose sense) character, but Sakurai chose the WarioWare Wario over the normal "more evil" Wario.

I'm not really good at discussing and giving arguments ^^;

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I'd beg to differ. I really think Sheik was a really fun person to play with. And I really did use both of the characters, Zelda and Sheik! Boy, am I proud..

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I use both too. There's just a lot more potential when you switch during the match. I have a feeling Sheik MIGHT return though. I don't know for sure =/.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I think Sheik has a high chance of returning because of the supposed interview with the Phantom Hourglass developer that hinted development of Sheik and Ganondorfs new designs.

That's the only thing I run on to believe she'll be back.

I hope it's true D: ;-;

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I think it's extremely obvious that if Sheik doesn't return, it will be because she's been replaced with Zamus. I don't know what the hell you'd have to be smoking to think she is being replaced by Snake. I mean look at Zamus during the videos, she moves exact like Shiek, she jumps like her, has the same downsmash, she has a whip thing like sheik, she's thin, agile, fast, and is probably cheap as hell and doesn't have to L-cancel.

I honestly can't see a reason to have Zamus and Sheik, and Sheik hasn't been in a recent game, so I think it's safe to say it's Zamus all the way and Sheik players will either have to switch over, or start using someone who requires talent.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^^
Ummm... actually... Sheik and Zamus are nothing alike.
1) They move completely different: Sheik skips and tumbles and does really limber gymnastic stuff around the battlefield while Zamus has a basic run and shoot style with little gymnastics incorporated.

2) They jump nothing alike: Sheik does flips and moves quickly through the air while Zamus really hangs there and moves more slowly to show off her "space jump" style.

3) Their dSmashes really aren't exactly the same at all, just the fact that they kick over their head while their upside down. And that's like saying Mario's dB and DK's uB are the same move, which would make them the same character. That's like saying Samus' B and Mewtwo's B are the same move, which would make them the same character. It's like saying Kirby's fAir and CFalcon's nAir are the same move, which would make them the same character. Well, none of them are even close to being the same character.

4) I hate when people say that having the same weapon is like being the same character. Why not say Ivysaur and Zamus are the same? They both have recovery whips. Sheik's whip is only there to attack.

5) Yes she's thin, but she's not as agile or as fast as Sheik, and you have no basis on saying that she'll be broken and won't have to L-cancel. What's your proof? Nada, that's what.

Sheik and Zamus are two COMPLETELY different characters. They will play nothing alike, and I hope Sheik makes the cut just to prove it.

Alcorn

Smash Rookie
The only characters I think are certain to return are Capt. Falcon and Luigi, with Ness and Jigglypuff about 75% certain. I don't think Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link will be back, but everyone else could go either way.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
^^^^
Ummm... actually... Sheik and Zamus are nothing alike.
1) They move completely different: Sheik skips and tumbles and does really limber gymnastic stuff around the battlefield while Zamus has a basic run and shoot style with little gymnastics incorporated.

2) They jump nothing alike: Sheik does flips and moves quickly through the air while Zamus really hangs there and moves more slowly to show off her "space jump" style.

3) Their dSmashes really aren't exactly the same at all, just the fact that they kick over their head while their upside down. And that's like saying Mario's dB and DK's uB are the same move, which would make them the same character. That's like saying Samus' B and Mewtwo's B are the same move, which would make them the same character. It's like saying Kirby's fAir and CFalcon's nAir are the same move, which would make them the same character. Well, none of them are even close to being the same character.

4) I hate when people say that having the same weapon is like being the same character. Why not say Ivysaur and Zamus are the same? They both have recovery whips. Sheik's whip is only there to attack.

5) Yes she's thin, but she's not as agile or as fast as Sheik, and you have no basis on saying that she'll be broken and won't have to L-cancel. What's your proof? Nada, that's what.

Sheik and Zamus are two COMPLETELY different characters. They will play nothing alike, and I hope Sheik makes the cut just to prove it.
I don't think I could agree with you more. They are totally different characters and I really don't think that Sheik could be replaced by Zero-Suit.

I still think Sheik has a good chance. Now that I realize it, they have the Ocarina of Time Medley as a song in the Music section of Dojo, leading me to believe that there will be an OoT-inspired stage. If there were to be a stage, why not have Sheik back as well?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
That was totally obvious because Sakurai even said, when Diddy was released, "He scrambles around the battle, using whimsical fighting moves while wielding both his Rocketbarrel Boost and Peanut Pop Gun!"

It was only obvious that his Up+B would be the Boost and his Projectile would be neutral B.

It was like a given.

I didn't even want Diddy in anyways. :/

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, I [never playing any real Donkey Kong game] would only have guessed that he wouldn't be too much of a fist-fighter himself.

I did know that he was kinda like the "technology orientated" one in the group, leading me to believe those weapons would probably be his moves.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I wanted Diddy from SSB64, but I don't like how erratic he is. I don't think I'll end up playing as him that often. He seems too out of control for me. Which is a sad story, because I'm a fan of his. But hopefully another monkey will join the scene. One with a little less comic-relief in him/her.

Top Bottom