• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Remember when DDD, G&W and ROB were top tiers?
And in the mid tier, where Olimar only was two spots above Zelda, who was right above ZSS?

Good times

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^had to double check to see if that was a shiny mewtwo post

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Every time I watch a top ness player, I can never see why Ness is so low on the tier list. His strengths are equivalent to the strengths of a high tier character imo. And being able to kill out a grab combined with good kill moves, is very important in this game. I know he has match ups that he needs a secondary character for, but you can say the same thing for many characters above him, like Wolf, Fox, and DK.
Ness placed 1st at Whobo 4 mid tier singles and 7th in Whobo 4 mk banned singles.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Every time I watch a top ness player, I can never see why Ness is so low on the tier list. His strengths are equivalent to the strengths of a high tier character imo. And being able to kill out a grab combined with good kill moves, is very important in this game. I know he has match ups that he needs a secondary character for, but you can say the same thing for many characters above him, like Wolf, Fox, and DK.
Ness placed 1st at Whobo 4 mid tier singles and 7th in Whobo 4 mk banned singles.

This is neither a mid-tier tier list or an mk-banned tier list.
All of Ness' match-ups are more-or-less accurate, and this is where he ends up because of them. If you want to argue for a higher position, you're either going to have to explain why the characters above him have a worse spread, or why his spread is underrated.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
DK, Ness, Ike and Sheik all belong in about the same tier where they can be a headache for a lot of High-Tiered characters, but at the end of the day lose to many others, and those few are what hurt their competitive value.
*IMO*

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:wolf: only needs a secondary for :dedede:. :ness2: needs a secondary for far more characters.

:018:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I disagree with one thing though.

Jigglysir, everybody knows Metaknight should be lower on the tier list, right next to fox.

Luigi player

Smash Master
both of these "characters" as you call them aren't real characters. they're toys... a cool robot guy figure and a balloon. it's fun to play with them and they can't do any harm in return. =)

Agreed, Diddy is obviously #1.
What the hell did u smoke sir? Diddy is high tier at best.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Even if G&W weren't retreating the bair, I find it difficult to believe that anyone could SDI entirely through it.

The idea with bair is to hit with the tip of it, this has been the case for years now. So when I laughed at the statement "I can SDI through bair and punish it", I was laughing because he was either talking about a super deep bair (which is like saying Falco's laser is bad because of the horrible ending lag when you do it on the ground) or suggesting something that just isn't possible (at least, in my experience, which is why I wanted to see a video).

I didn't feel like thoroughly explaining my opinion after this "Rah rah, you have no idea what my options are, you've only played against bad Peaches" nonsense. The hypocrisy was too great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYfunwOt9FU

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
He extends his hurtbox far enough so most of those attacks will hit either way. I really only posted this to show that you can DI and punish so it doesn't really matter if it's perfectly spaced or not

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
If that was the only video proof about how G&W's bair is useless, then you just blew your entire leg with a shotgun or something.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It's really dumb to assume GaW will always space his bair right, plus many characters can move quickly to affect Game and Watch's spacing.

I hate when people on Smashboards act like the attacking player has 100% agency over their spacing or that any player who didn't get perfect spacing just messed up. It is entirely possible to affect an opposing player's spacing and there are also many, many moves fast enough and with enough range to punish a well-spaced bair on shield.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
All moves can be punished when they are mis-spaced, that's not a special thing you can use to discount bair.

It's not some bread and butter move that he requires to be safe or anything either. It's just another tool he has that you throw out every now and again but only when it's going to work and you're damned sure about it.

He spends most of his spacing game facing forward so he has access to dtilt, fsmash, better-range nair, fair, jab.
Bair is used to cover retreats (there is no way it can be spaced "wrong" if you're retreating with it), and less frequently to aggress (and again, this is something you're very in control of).

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Jigglypuff floats around and dominates heavy characters with his fluffy pink darkness and aerials. He needs to be A rank :p

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
I found my way more entertaining. :chuckle:

Top Bottom