• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Marth is super overrated imo

Also despite how often people cry about ICs, you would think they would be a more played character. I swear there aren't that many IC mains around in general. They aren't that much of a threat imo. Would love to see true solo-IC mains place as well a solo-S tier character should be.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Marth's placing isn't a flaw

his design is a flaw

he gets juggled so easily and gets stuck at the ledge so easily which builds up ledge grabs fast and you can wall him out easily
Marth can do those same things to you.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sheilda is a pain, the character exists, and has potential to be better than Sheik or Zelda alone, but Ed is the only one using it, so the character does not impact the metagame, but Ed does.

Instead of Sheilda we could add Ed two spots above Sheik.
I was actually talking with ED about this at the last tournament I saw him at in Miami. I think since hes the only current shielda that is making an impact in the metagame we should just ditch the shielda icon and replace it with happy happy ED face. Maybe with his hat to???????????????!!! hype.
I am so for this! Lets make it happen!!!

Osennecho

Smash Ace
@M2K.... They may be your rankings but I like them <_<... Personally I'd have Marth at 7th or 8th, but as you said... The difference becomes really small. It's just that to me, having him up at 5th is an enormous mistake so I act like it is the largest placement issue. I do agree that he is a flawed character though, but then again so are a lot of them.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think Marth definitely has the tools to justify his placements, it's just that you have to be so precise with him and it's very, very difficult to do.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I just realized, in my own goddamn video, if you pause at 1:08, further down in the post it says "and now i guess ness went up a spot cuz of stef spamming flaoc."

I feel like i have won the internet tonight

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
this is unrelated but if you guys wanna make some 2D platformer mega man style game (more like Marth-meets-Zero-meets-CaptainFalcon game) , msg me on my fanpage.

we need 2D Artists (environment and sprite) and sprites/animations.

and we want people to contribute LEVELS

also I'll be streaming smash 4 soon (yeah the 4th one, actually all of them eventually starting as soon as may 19th or later here and there but also long-term) on clashtournaments stream and maybe trihex's we'll see what happens.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Woah Brawl has... actually not changed quite as much as I thought it would have in the year I've been inactive. Except why the sudden jump in the tier list from Marth?

:059:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I should not have responded, so many alerts, so many likes to give

I threw this video together just for you guys. Enjoy.

♥
From your description"
"My idea of taking a study break is quickly whipping up a half-assed video for Smashboards showing some of the more colourful reactions to tier list discussions and the eventual unveiling of Version 8.
Enjoy. I'm going back to studying."

"My idea of taking a study break is quickly whipping up a half-assed video for Smashboards showing some of the more colourful reactions to tier list discussions
is quickly whipping up a half-assed video for Smashboards

half-assed video for Smashboards

half-assed

Well this tier list is half-assed also, makes perfect sense.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Get this shi- out of here!!!!
Meanwhile I spam links to my youtube videos
From your description"
"My idea of taking a study break is quickly whipping up a half-***** video for Smashboards showing some of the more colourful reactions to tier list discussions and the eventual unveiling of Version 8.
Enjoy. I'm going back to studying."

"My idea of taking a study break is quickly whipping up a half-***** video for Smashboards showing some of the more colourful reactions to tier list discussions
is quickly whipping up a half-***** video for Smashboards

half-***** video for Smashboards

half-*****

Well this tier list is half-***** also, makes perfect sense.
:c

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeah I'm sure my top 5 are correct and I'm sure my list is better than the BBRs list. Not saying it's perfect I'm just speaking from my experience and knowledge, which I have a lot of compared to 99% of people.
Reading your posts, it seems like you weigh heavily on your experience as metaknight. I understand having a good MU vs MK is important, but the rest of their MUs still need to be taken into account. For instance the weaknesses and limitations you described for marth are more pronounced for MK compared to the rest of the cast and i wonder if you did this for the rest of your list too.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
dont be hypocrites LOL

yea it's too bad this game's ledge (MK's Uair) is so broken and IC's chain grab is so broken
then again so are bananas, pikmin, and lasers/falco'sCG/falco's illusion/snake's grenades/etc

yeah Cassio i know but if I was only considering MK's perspective, I'd have fox in like S tier since he goes even with or beats MK on neutrals imo (one of the only chars). MK has a LOT of about 50 50 MUs, but he doesn't really have losing MUs. He's like melee falco. that's why he's the best or tied as the best.

yeah i said i might be underrating marth slightly, but it's not that much for sure. He is not top 5.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
dont be hypocrites LOL

yea it's too bad this game's ledge (MK's Uair) is so broken and IC's chain grab is so broken
then again so are bananas, pikmin, and lasers/falco'sCG/falco's illusion/snake's grenades/etc
Those moves are as broken as MK u-air/most of his moves on the ledge? With the exception of the IC chain grab

how about I put it one way....
1358237097_no_answer_2_xlarge.gif

Osennecho

Smash Ace
M2K is there any video of Mikeneko actually beating 9B/do you have an idea of how often/rarely it has happened? I looked and couldn't even find a mention of him actually beating 9B =.=... But I also don't read Japanese so yah...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Also despite how often people cry about ICs, you would think they would be a more played character. I swear there aren't that many IC mains around in general. They aren't that much of a threat imo. Would love to see true solo-IC mains place as well a solo-S tier character should be.
True.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MODS
MARC
BBR
HYLIAN

Would you please post up links to the previous tier lists on the OP so we can see the progression of the game? PLEASE!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why didnt Wario move to mid tier? Every notable Wario on the planet showed up to Apex and got demolished.

I liked how Marth got a major boost from Apex, but ZSS only got +1, despite doing better or the same across the entire planet. Didn't anyone see ANOTHER WIFI ZSS pop up and take 2nd beating 9B in japan?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna go ahead and like all of these off-topic/terrible posts by M2K, feel free to continue.

But one day you're gonna make a serious post and I'm gonna like it and you won't know whether I'm agreeing with you or implying that your opinions are terrible, and it will keep you up at night

Mew2King

King of the Mews
LOL

and idk about mikeneko vs 9b but at SRT (last summer) it was 2-0 but the first game was like super last hit and mikeneko 2-0d vinnie in a MM but both games were close.

SUK MY DIK ALLY I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN U IM BETTER HTAN U

I haven't lost to marth lol (actually a LOT of chars)

i think a big reason ive lost to a lot of chars tbh, is mostly a combination of
1) playing the best players of everyone (since I attend the most big events more than anyone by far i have more chances to lose than anyone, and no one cares about when i win so lol. I've also accomplished FAR more than anyone else, by a tremendous amount so w/e lol)
2) a lot of people studying me and me not knowing **** about their habits or their character's gimmicks = bad combination for me.

i won't lie i studied otori and won cuz of it (although i also think me and zero may be slightly better than him now anyway but i think he didn't play his best at apex2013 either)

but ppl have studied me too and won cuz of it too
(that's why when i get better i make a lot more mixups and change my style)

(best thing to do is just increase your total skill though. That way if your skill gap is enough, you'll just beat anyone, or enough people most of the time anyway which is best in the long run for u)

Tesh

Smash Hero
LOL

and idk about mikeneko vs 9b but at SRT (last summer) it was 2-0 but the first game was like super last hit and mikeneko 2-0d vinnie in a MM but both games were close.

SUK MY DIK ALLY I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN U IM BETTER HTAN U

I haven't lost to marth lol
or sonic or peach or dk

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just realized DDD Lucario and Toon Link are mid tier... Wut...

wat

what

uhg

what?

wait so..... wait..... what?

Not to mention there's 7 top tier characters, 20 mid tiers, and 8 low tiers, how there's only 3 high tier characters seems incredibly imbalanced. doing it by number gaps doesn't seem right. I think there should be more emphasis with matchups in general as well. I mean GaW already being in mid tier for 2 lists now is kray enough but god damnit ddd and lucario what is going on here. euhruehuturheguehruhuwuhreuhfg

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yo, MC DE Kill Sage ****in' wid yo' tier list
****in' wid yo' S Tier, ICs in their own sphere - reasonin' behind dat **** ain't clear
we're hippin' and hoppin' over all what's happenin' in the lower echelon
without takin' into account dat we go no results to go on

"It begins, It begins" ******* sayin' "it begins!"
we labelling derailment wid pidgezero's cosplayin'
Shiny mewtwo - shiny mewwho?
Fishin' for them likes like he's fishin' for a spike
with Ganon, what's happenin'?
He still ain't superseded Zelda,
Don't matter what Fuujin's gifs are sayin', he just can't climb any higher
It matter what the backroom's creating, and in turn what the mods are layin'
Fuujin is superbanned, ****'s for life, man - that's all im sayin'

ZSS wins apex we move her up a spot