• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Why does Peach have a +1 on Falco? Can't Falco SH laser her? I'd like to hear more about this.
Realistically it's probably even or -1 Peach.

Falco forces Peach to float at weird heights because he can just SH laser her out of it normally.
Falco can't CG peach as far as i'm aware (maybe gets like one regrab at 0 or something, and then dair out of that), and his jab stuff can easily be nair'd a lot of the time.
Falco also punishes peach for pulling turnips in neutral, because he can just reflect them back.

Peach's jab is frame 2 along with Falco's, she doesn't lose the ground game in that aspect. She also has an early CG on him though it's usually not relevant.

It's also a MU where they both live to ridiculous %s, Falco can't kill Peach at all, except with like bair or f-tilt (he's rarely going to get an Up-smash kill, and Peach will never air-dodge into f-smash lol). Peach has her regular trouble killing.

Because of float, Peach can cover basically all of Falco's recovery options and react to them. Dash attack at higher %s also sends him at a weird angle off-stage which can be abused, and it pokes a lot because of her aerial shield pressure.

But lasers are OP so Falco makes up for all those disadvantages lol.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I played a Peach player in pools at IMPULSE 2, and I was getting my ass kicked with Falco the whole time and it was last stock, I was at 150+% and he was <20% when I remember "oh right I have a laser"

Brought it him up to 140% before he killed me.

Then I switched to MK and roflstomped him.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I played a Peach player in pools at IMPULSE 2, and I was getting my *** kicked with Falco the whole time and it was last stock, I was at 150+% and he was <20% when I remember "oh right I have a laser"

Brought it him up to 140% before he killed me.

Then I switched to MK and roflstomped him.
Top tier vs others Matchups in a nutshell.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
And the reason this is happening is because dumb people are removing content from the game, making ICs better and better.
Ban MK again and unban Brinstar and RC.

ggs

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Maybe with that people would stop sucking when using them.

8bit lost to his own terrible positioning. And bad DI

link2702

Smash Champion
as much as he deserves to be banned..the community has been too stubborn to do it by now and stick with it, I doubt they'll do it anytime soon... and I don't see brawl living long after smash4 is out.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Dittos defines why brawl is dumb

One who approaches loses
That could be said about pretty much any fighting game. Even in games like Poker and chess, it's almost always better to act after the oopponent

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
None in smash given the design of smash

Well i guess baiting doesn't count as approaching, whole definition is a obscure thing.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Did this thread get any better while I was gone?

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So yeah, i just finished looking at this very touching documentary about smash and i come back here.
I don't know what was very touching anymore.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Jebus was actually right about chess in that there are a lot of situations where acting first will put you at the disadvantage (eg king opposition in endgame or being the first to attack in some trades)

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you think one color is better in chess it means you need to practice the other more.
Can't she be both?
Nah, old people shrink.
Luigi is so free.
I'm wondering why Luigi is above PT and Lucas? It seems like he should be top of low tier. I admit I don't know Luigi very well and he can be just hell when he gets in but is he really better than PT? Maybe Luigi escapes CGs and that boosts him?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
White is generally considered the better colour because white has the advantage of being able to move first, and it shows in the win rates of standard white openings, a few of which are >50% (eg I think d4 has a 54% win rate) and still maintaining a draw rate of roughly 20-30%

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Luigi is so bad, he can't go any higher than he is.
But he's so good, he can't be in low tier.

Lucas is still low tier.

Going by V7 and his +0 LITERALLY +0 in V8.

>He's still a low tier.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But but but...
It was pretty much the only change I proposed :c
Let me believe I was important