• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh: lol@gold

The post/ "Mini swd-guide, in a swd guide" refering to size and info, from page six, of mine i think is way better at explaining the swd, IT>>>the post on page 3 made of gold :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
umm i didnt read all the posts, so here goes:
what happens if u use certain items whem u SWD?
if ur big?
or small?
or metal?

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh: I've taped doing the Swd Big, and in Metal lol
But small i dont think is possible :(
I can put those vids up possibly if you guys want :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
what if combine SWD with some of the other glitches in the game? i cant think of ne rite now but there has 2 b 1. :confused:

edit: can u get temporary invincibility from certain attacks while doing it? does it speed up/slow down any attacks? :confused:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
gamut, im not sure that thers any exact explination of why u can swd. :ohwell: in my humble opinion, u can do this b/c u hve very low friction when in morph ball form. by pushing one way in the air then snapping the stick the other way jus as u hit the ground, a combination of perfect timing and low friction causes rapid movement. as u come out of morph ball mode, u regain friction and slowly come to a stop. thats the best explination i could come up w/.

stickit117

Smash Rookie
dude!

your instructions were so ubelieveabley awesome!
i never understood how to do this until i saw this thread. thanks cap'n!

its my first time trying, and with in 30 minutes ive SWd about 10 times!

THANKS!

Carmelo

Smash Rookie
I did it, all i did:

1. lay bomb
2.just keep flicking the control stick left and right while still in morph ball
3. wait till it explodes, and away you go. just time it right.

It may not seem right at first, but its just my little way of executing it.
But my easiest way of doing it is step 4.
4) Wait until Samus lands on the ground, and then flick the direction you want to go, the opposite way, and then back again.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try this to. I now understand what all those Samus where doing in some vids I saw.

edit: I can't do it... I'm doing something wrong but what??

*trying, trying and trying again*

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
If you want a different kinda explination of it...Joker posted his methods..on page 5...

It's really helpful as well..especially coming from someone who can do it at will :psycho:

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
hey I did it did not read post of Joker but I am gonna do that (at will?!?!?!) so I hope that I can do that to (better ever then never :p)

co_and_me

Smash Lord
I thought this was funny. I will explain it as best i can. If there is a character standing at the edge of a level facing in. So they are not doing the "whoah I'm about to fall off!" animation. Then you are facing them and you are pretty close to them. If you SWD past them then just watch what happens. Right after the bomb explodes you get pushed into the "whoah I'm about to fall off!" animation. Initially when you SWD past them you run out of level and you stop sliding but you are still standing. Then after the explosion you get pushed just a little further and start the "whoah I'm about to fall off!" animation. I dont know if it is because the bomb or, more likely, because you still have momentum from the SWD. When the momentum runs out then you start the falling thing. Anyway I think it looks really funny cause it looks like that tiny bomb pushes u to the edge.

_sAmUs_n00b_

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the guide! :) I Did the SWD after about the 3rd try thanks to you! I use it in battle now, and confuse my opponant :chuckle: It's a lot of fun! oh and thanks again!

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Whats this about a super wavedash straight up in the air... I heard HugS did it while fighting a friend of mine... It's like you start on a ledge, and do a super wavedash that launches you... can anyone tell me how this works??

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Like... while grabbing onto it? or do you have to be like below the edge and SWD up and down

Someone... Please post a video of someone doing this.... It seems impossible for me... or give me the direction of a thread or post already open to this.... SWD into the sky? OMG i don't get it....

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
SloT said:
Like... while grabbing onto it? or do you have to be like below the edge and SWD up and down

Someone... Please post a video of someone doing this.... It seems impossible for me... or give me the direction of a thread or post already open to this.... SWD into the sky? OMG i don't get it....
Oh I understand. I think you're thinking of someone doing a rising grapple by a ledge, close enough to it that they don't deploy the grapple, only fly up about 2 jump lengths.

And just to clarify, Super Wave Dashing can only be done from the ground, from a bomb.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
no.... I made a new thread about it called "SAWD (Super Aerial Wavedash)?" you can discuss it there

Joker

Smash Ace
wow :ohwell:
someone actually went and made a thread on that, i wouldnt be suprised if it got closed, seeing tho its definetly just the SWD- which this thread is about, just from an areial position.

Ya know one would think, if this is a SWD thread, you'd think any, and everything on the Swd would be posted here :ohwell:

Joker

Smash Ace
Great another one...
Its not..."amazing"...
its more like, A.R. lol
Action Replay.

ppl was all, like ****... hes nice!!!
when he used AR. lol

I guess i was just upset once i relised that cause i was hoping there was something new for me to master with the SWD ^^

Boo SDM get him outta here, hes a foney, a fake.
His samus is on AR-roids lmao
**Runs**
:laugh: :p :laugh: :p :laugh: :p :laugh:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
ik SWD is probably one of the single most awesome things in the game when you first learn how to do one, :crazy: but aside from that, does SWDing have any applicable use IN BATTLE? your opponent can easily hit samus out of this slide, and you move so fast that it is hard to time attacks during SWD's so they actually hit your opponent. :ohwell: the only thing i use SWD for is in place of a taunt. :joyful:

about action replay, SDM made another AR video where he "beats adventure mode, very hard, 0% damage taken" kinda glitchy but worth watching. also, "Zero Mercy" is worth watching. AR, but still cool.

P.S. in case any1 has trouble finding these,

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lNtyM2KAs&search=perfect%20control>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYeG0DSERCc&search=zero%20mercy>

<http://rapidshare.de/files/12478424/Adventure.wmv.html>(ik rapidshare sucks but my comp is being gay today)

Joker

Smash Ace
Lol its easy to use it...all the time, fiteing and for fun.
The part where you mentioned about going to fast, well then use the "Cut off" swd.
I explained some good stuff in a large post in here on like page 5 or six, you'll see its the really long one.
I'm so used to the swd, moving in it is like regular time to me no lie, thats y i use it to attack with no hesitation.

I'll put up some nice swd attacks i've done, as well as using it in 1on1 battles. so you can see how i use it for attacking, and from that you may be able to start using it as well.
But ya that long post maybe be able to help too.
:laugh: :p :laugh: :p :laugh: :p :laugh:

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh:
I've done matches many a times with it, but i guess i didnt aim to make it stand out, so i'll tape a match between me and ninja and try and remember to aim for swd use.
At this point its not hard to pull off or anything, its just taht Ninja is a bit of a predator, and is always keeping me moving ^^
But I'll see what i can do :p

cookins2506

Smash Cadet
joker ur swd how did u practice and how do u do it staying still. i press right left right to use it and samus moves back and forth... and ur video ur just still. So is there an easier way to do it then i am and is there a certain time u press the direction to swd. i can only do it 1 out of 10 times on normal but i cant do it on slow motion or anything i dont know the right time.. im just doing it by feel. well thanks

Joker

Smash Ace
THIS IS FROM A PREVIOUS POST, JUST RE-POSTING TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

Iuse the SWD all the time when i fight as long as i remember to , and also if im not in a squeeze at the time, know what im sayin' I can/do/ and have used it when i was behind, but i dont advise it that much

As far as tips with the SWD, well for the most part honestly what i did was first see that i could do it the way i had read about it: (you probly already know this, but i'll explain it just incase )

Swd1 - drop a bomb, as soon as your in bomb mode hold a direction, left or right, now as soon as the ball hits the ground, tap your control stick in the other direction. I say "tap" because some ppl believe that you have to have the utmost speed to do it which you dont then you'll see others slamming their control sticks sounding like they're almost breaking the poor things, that is also not needed. It CAN work but those actions arent required(but they do help I'll explain later )

Note - THe SWD seems hard to do at an almost consistant basis. Funny thing is....half of us can be really good at it and not even know it because:
Theres 2 points in the swd where the swd can be "cancelled"
1- and probly performed half the time sadly, is right when the samus WOULD start taking off, but doesnt because after you "tap" the other direction its important to try and leave your controll stick in a good position cause just about ANY other directional input can cancel out the swd at its birth point so to speak. Although these cant always be seen where a samus messed up , this note is a factor in whether or not a samus will swd at any given time, for obvious reasons such as i can do up to so far 10 in a row left to right, then going back right to left, however in a actual battle my hands are a little more tensed possibly, so concentrating on the fight AND the swd isnt always the easiest thing to do, but it matters i guess how used 2the swd you are and how important the match is

2 - The second instant where the Swd can be cancelled at is basicly any time after the swd is executed. "cutting it short"
I got tired of swding right by my oppenant when they're in the middle of the board only to have to run back to fight them, or worry about an attack from behind. So i found my way to "cut it short"
"Cutting it short" - is just when i swd, and notice how far i've gone, OR time it (since im used to it ) and cancel the swd with a wave dash going in the opposite direction. and at this point i cut it short so that if my opponent is in the middle of the board, i go by them, only to wd back towards them and by this point i can do any attack, cause i'll be just that close to them, and half the time if they expect me to be at the other end of the board they feel they have a second or so....and thats when Link goes to pull out a bomb and eats a F-smash (just as an example) In my opinion, a very useful tech at times.

SWD2- i call it "The stand still" swd - because well...you do just that. IMO this is a more advanced aka harder way to perform the elegant swd
to do it just drop a bomb as b4 but instead of holding a direction, you dont press anything really for the most part, and if you do its just to help yourself time the first direction. But you just wait to time everything. I started doing this the first day i trained with the swd because using the first method for about an hour was killing my thumb lol so i thought theres gotta be another way to do it, and sure enuff i asked maybe you dont have to have all that direction holding and then slamming the control stick = pain for my thumb. I'm sure others were using this way already b4 me, its just thats the way I stumbled across it.

OK as i mentioned earlier...about how the slamming of the control stick and how it actually helps in a way.
What it does over time is basicly "personalizes" your contolstick for you, and kinda just you. Your thumb personally wears down the stick in a way only you can from extreme use, or in some samus' way swd training. After i realised this I asked DA WES seeing as tho he was another samus known for swding and hesaid the same thing, everyone wears down a controller if they play with the same one over time but its not always the same. Like if we buy a new controller i can swd on it, sure. But attempting anything like over like SWDx4 is gonna take a while. then i'll go and pick up my"SWD contoller"( I actually call it that folks) the contoller that came with my cube and that i swd trained with and bust out like 6 in a row, and be like " Oh........ok....*turns off cube cause he sees he still has the touch*"

Theres many a things you can do with the swd, like have the homing grapple out already swd and while your zooming use the grapple so that by the time you stop its already coming out and you can possibly grab your oppenent and what not lol

Or you can do a full length swd to a spamming fighter on the other end of the board and possibly add a down smash for a little range infront and behind you at the end of your swd journey across the board.

These are ideas i've done b4,they work, but best if used in a surprsise manner.

To conclude...some ppl say try to SWD in training mode at such and such speed. usually at 2/3 speed, whereas otheres like me wear Nikes and "Just do it"
That slower speed traning helps ppl out i guess, but the way i started i just did it and just kept at it either way the swd is a move that ya like hugs may say " inst needed" but it doesnt hurt much to know it and know how to use it, and the ins and outs of it.

S P I K E

Smash Ace
I've recently gotten good at using the SWD and can do it about 50% of the time... =D I used it on some guys at a tourney, doing a couple attacks out of them... It awes people... I lurve it... muahahahahah.

King Ganondorf

Smash Apprentice
AngeloBangelo said:
How consistently can you guys SWD? I can never do it, and it is so hard to learn. Any tips (I don't have AR unfortunately)?
Tell me about it...somone put out a how to vid for this.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
King Ganondorf said:
Tell me about it...somone put out a how to vid for this.
Practice Practice Practice...

that...or read Jokers long post....I used to think that same way..but when you practice for a long time without getting stressed...then eventually the timing literally almost becomes natural...

pacman

Smash Rookie
well i just hold the stick when shes gets about half way down...than i just smash it the way i want to go...this way some times it doesnt work for other people...i dont know why...but it works for me... :ohwell:

Joker

Smash Ace
:ohwell:
Um...just to put it out there, theres no "smashing" invloved.
If you read my long post it explains about that too.
Its honestly worth looking into.

Top Bottom