• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Actually, i think the way that you phrased the statement was a bit confusing. However, since it is mostly mentioned as left to right, since that is the way most normal to us because it is how we read, he might have just wanted to clear up that it goes both directions. Even though he quoted you i'm not sure that it was really intended toridicule you.

Also, the only reason people seem agitated when replying to those who are new is because they have seen the same question asked over and over, and have answered it time and time again. It gets pretty annoying after a year or so.

Joker

Smash Ace
Ajbolt89 : "Did you forget to read my post? If you did, here's what I said that you seemed to question: "like, from left to right." Maybe you're not well-versed in the English language, but for a quick review, blah blah blah blah blah i suck, joker is better than me"

OMG WOULD YOU SHUT UP ALREADY?!?!?!?YOUR STARTING TO SOUND LIKE ME WHEN I WAS A NOOB ON THESE BOARDS......

Dude honestly....you can bust my chops all you want on these boards....after all my name is JOKER.....its not like i'd give 2 ****s :cry: about what you come at me with......besides.....what would be better?....For me to own you with words on these boards? or for me to own you in the game....in person......on your mom's couch.....in your dad's house...hmmm? :ohwell:

Ok.......dude...wtf.....i just checked where you live......IDAHO?!?!?!?
LOL
Dude the best thing Idaho has going for it are Patatoes... :idea: ....¬_¬ i sooooooooo wish i could play someone from IDAHO......serisously....but naw its ok, im not gonna keep talking smack :cry: theres no need for it.....but ya if your ever on East Coast tell me...so one of us can own the other...... :psycho:

Ajbolt89

Smash Cadet
My favorite part was how you ignored where I said that you were being a complete douche, and instead insulted me because of my state. Holy ****, your state sucks! Good thing you had a good argument on that. Also, as for "owning me with words, rather than in the game", I don't think it would really be possible for you to own me with words; you've proven that already through all of your previous posts.
Your name is joker, and thus you don't care? Then why did you post a reply? Obviously you did care; let's not lie to ourselves.
Anyway, you uh, spelled potatoes wrong. And we also have *****in' snowboarding. But uh, I'm not going to worry to much about that, because the fact that insulting my state was all that you could come up with more or less shows your level of experience on things of this matter. I'd hate to have to take your sig and turn it back on you.

P.S. - Your excessive use of ellipses is... really distracting. Might want to find a new way to get your hesitation out, or, better yet, just don't hesitate so much. You sound really unsure of your own opinions when you pause a lot. Just thought I'd throw it out.

Edit:
Cap'n: Earlier I meant to post a reply to your post to say, "oh, that sounds alright then." However, Joker showed that that wasn't the case, and that indeed he is a supremist. That's why I posted this. Thanks for... trying to be a mediator though. Sorry for the strife.

Joker

Smash Ace
Yup....you sound just like me when i first got here. Long winded, detailed replies and ****, also...i asked which would be better to own with words OR in the game ( in which i was implying owning you in the game.

Anyway.....i hope you start to cut down your replies and whatnot like most ppl do once they grow some hair on their board- balls Cap'N Crunch showed me some of the light but....well nvm fukc ppl from Idaho with the number 89 in their name.
Playa if you wanna say more then when ever we meet (if ever) 50 MM put up or ***** up basicly
Ajbolt89 vs the Swd King........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................too easy. ( Hows that for some hardcore hesitation)

"You really sound unsure about your own opinions..."

GOSH****IT!!!!! STOP SOUNDING LIKE THE OLD ME ****!!!! SUCH A BOARDS NOOB!

sonicPearltsl25

Smash Journeyman
does anyone have a video of samus were they do a super wave dash so i can see what it looks like...........i cant get dc++ or rapidshare or anyother things

Ajbolt89

Smash Cadet
You make me laugh. Why are you trying so hard to defend your honor when it was never there to begin with?

Edit: Quoted so that someone will still read it; I apologize that Joker still seems to find it necessary to write really huge and obnoxiously, thus creating a catalyst for a response from me.

Anyway, here's the previous post that got wiped because of the page change:
sonicPearltsl25 said:
does anyone have a video of samus were they do a super wave dash so i can see what it looks like...........i cant get dc++ or rapidshare or anyother things
I personally don't know of any, surely someone does though.

Joker

Smash Ace
sonicPearltsl25 said:
Well *sigh* time to do something productive for this thread....unlike some ppl from Idaho :laugh:

For someone who is looking for samus doing the you know what.....your SWD King has delivered :

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PN0Y7A260T4Q3PLRL7AJ3Y0GE

Ya its me, the SYKO.
And Ajbolt89 dont worry man......I suck.....trust me, your rite all along i was wrong ¬_¬

LOL

Anyway ya thats the SWD. This vid also shows how the swd can be used to edge guard as well with simply just turning around without cancelling your momentum......Yay :psycho:

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Joker said:
Yup....you sound just like me when i first got here. Long winded, detailed replies and ****, also...i asked which would be better to own with words OR in the game ( in which i was implying owning you in the game.

Anyway.....i hope you start to cut down your replies and whatnot like most ppl do once they grow some hair on their board- balls Cap'N Crunch showed me some of the light but....well nvm fukc ppl from Idaho with the number 89 in their name.
Playa if you wanna say more then when ever we meet (if ever) 50 MM put up or ***** up basicly
Ajbolt89 vs the Swd King........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................too easy. ( Hows that for some hardcore hesitation)

"You really sound unsure about your own opinions..."

GOSH****IT!!!!! STOP SOUNDING LIKE THE OLD ME ****!!!! SUCH A BOARDS NOOB!
Dude you sound like the little kid here, you can stop with the big letters if you want to make a point.

Edit: btw thanks for the video

Joker

Smash Ace
Board noobs unite!!!!!

Dude hop off aight?!?!?!?

For one your late, two i already got someone doing what you are (busting my balls over dumb **** ( ajblot) three...i sound like the kid there, yet you were an azz enuff to quote the **** thing.........lol

besides...i just did some good **** for the thread although no one will care :embarrass

So ya......plain and simply....stfu for now, wait untill i make another dumb post then say something you azz :ohwell:

What is it with you "No where near me" board noobs?!?!?! got something to say but we wont get to play inorder for me to shut you up :(
But ya i suck anyway but still hop off :p

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Yo dude I'm just saying you can make normal sentences to get your point out there, I dont give a **** about you and the other guys little argument.

And in case you didnt see my edit, thanks for the SWD vid

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Nice vid joker, you are indeed the SWD king, but that doesn't make you a smash god ^__-

Next time I'm up in PA we have to arange something I want to see how you'd use your SWD in a match.

Joker

Smash Ace
Uno said:
Yo dude I'm just saying you can make normal sentences to get your point out there, I dont give a **** about you and the other guys little argument.

And in case you didnt see my edit, thanks for the SWD vid
No prob on the vid ;)

I dont get it tho.....you dont give a **** about the argument.....but you said i sounded like "the kid" in it.......in order to draw that conclusion, you musta read it and cared enuff about to respond.....but what its cool

But ya to get back on track...the vid of my samus SWDing......http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PN0Y7A260T4Q3PLRL7AJ3Y0GE

hope it helps. :)

Joker

Smash Ace
<3 said:
Nice vid joker, you are indeed the SWD king, but that doesn't make you a smash god ^__-

Next time I'm up in PA we have to arange something I want to see how you'd use your SWD in a match.

Ya im definelty no smash god thats for sure :laugh:
i know this and so does my grandmom, and now all of you know too.
But ya im all for playing so if you ever in philly area, come holla at a playa sometime, i'd throw a TJD fest if you came from out of state.

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I guess i had to have gave a **** at least if I read it, anyways we're cool now.

Btw thanks again for the vid. :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Joker said:
Ya im definelty no smash god thats for sure :laugh:
i know this and so does my grandmom, and now all of you know too.
But ya im all for playing so if you ever in philly area, come holla at a playa sometime, i'd throw a TJD fest if you came from out of state.

heh, well I have family in hilltown. I might be up there around Xmas so we'll see, I really do want to play you.
Hey man wanna do me a favor, check out my half *** bomb guide thread, if the grammar isn't too bad tell me what you think of it so far. (Sorry english isn't my frist language and I lack word at the moment)

Joker

Smash Ace
:laugh: Ya we cool my man, its all gravy baby ( and yes i am black :laugh: :chuckle: :rotfl: )

But ya let me let yall in on somehting......yall may wanna disregard these postings a little something i've learned from being around a little bit is that...ppl can talk as grimey as ever on these boards :cool: and then when you finally meet them at a tournie, be like....****...so and so is cool ppls. I'm lwas like that towards a couple ppl that i met with b4. Like i wouldnt see any of you guys walking down the street and wanna talk smack to yall out there. I'd be like you whats crackin' man? wanna play some smash?
:laugh: So ya all this **** talking is all in good health to me, whether or not someone feels differently is another thing so ya no prob man
and thanks much for the feed back :)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hahaha, I'm black too... "black" thats my first language... grew up in... a place I'll leave it at that for now, hahaha. The pink black Samus, guess that would be me.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
<3 said:
Hahaha, I'm black too... "black" thats my first language... grew up in... a place I'll leave it at that for now, hahaha. The pink black Samus, guess that would be me.
I'm black too...but being black doesn't matter......anyways I know this has nothing to do with the swd but i just wanted to point out to ppl that at the beginning of the match just when the guy says "GO" and samus drops theres a chance for you to air dodge so you do a wavedash....maybe someone out there could find some great use for that information.. :laugh: :laugh:

P.S. This works with other characters but not all...Samus works best...

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
aww, I can't see Joker's vid, oh well......I guess the "All Wessed Up" vid is good enough for me.

I just can't seem to get the SWD off in the air.......

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Xx swift xX said:
aww, I can't see Joker's vid, oh well......I guess the "All Wessed Up" vid is good enough for me.

I just can't seem to get the SWD off in the air.......
Well after seeing All Wessed Up I was inspired to learn how to use the SWD like he did..I have to say I'm almost at that point..How I practiced was by:

going to Training Mode and slowing it down to 2/3...tried the SWD...couldn't get it a few times....but when I did I began to notice when I was supposed to press one direction then the next...eventually..I increased the speed..and slowly worked my way up to normal..

Hope that helps :cool: :grin: :bigthumbu

Zero34

Smash Lord
thanks mael. ive been trying to get it down for a while now, but i still havent got the timing right yet. ill try your method

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Zero34 said:
thanks mael. ive been trying to get it down for a while now, but i still havent got the timing right yet. ill try your method
O ya... I forgot to mention in order to help see where I need to do the directional inputs I zoomed in a little... :laugh:

azeng808

Smash Cadet
which one of the methods(in the first post) do you guys thik is the most reliable?

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
is there anyone who can get it more than 50% of the time? I've done it for 30 minutes once, and didn't get a SWD once..:(

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
azeng808 said:
which one of the methods(in the first post) do you guys thik is the most reliable?

To be honest...I didn't even read it :ohwell: well...i just did before i posted this..but because I knew more about the SWD before I came to this thread...nothing was usefull to me personally.....but its a good thread to get the idea of what the SWD is and how it works..(in frames.. :dizzy: )...

emubreath: Well I can do it frequently...why do you ask?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hey cool, congrats. How much would you say your game has improved because of it?

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
<3 said:
Hey cool, congrats. How much would you say your game has improved because of it?
Well since I've been practicing other things with samus at the sametime my game has improved alot...plus its good because I'm going to start learning how to rush ppl with it..and I already know how to escape from any danger too... :chuckle:

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
CyberSamus said:
*sniffle* I can't even time it correectly :(
Well as I've said before...what I do is zoom in and/or slow-mo it..so that I see when I'm supposed to do it...People will disagree with this method but its up to you to try it..But basically watch really carefully when you actually do it..Focus Is Key.. :cool:

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Dude lol the SWD is so fun to use consecutively in the captian falcon running contest thing in adventure mode lol try it its fun.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
xD from the looks of it, it seems that you guys can do it pretty consistently. I've taken a month to try it and haven't gotten it once. Then I randomly did it at a friends and got it without noticing much. :(:(

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
CyberSamus said:
If possible, can you tell me like how the Morph ball looks?
Ya..but in or for you to see it alot better you have to zoom in and slow mo(2/3 or 1/2)....Ok..Without attempting the SWD, do a normal bomb....she'll do it, then land on the floor..and just after she'll start turning back into samus..but during this you'll see this one tiny part where she's blurry looking.. Knowing that..you are supposed to press 1 direction when she's on the ground and the other direction, just b4 that blurry part...

Though I'm not sure if that method would work for everyone because of the fact there are different versions of Smash..and when I played on the first version it was easier, so the timing might be faster or slower....Though I have the latest version and I find it just a bit more difficult to get it out..

Hope that helps..if not I'll find another way of helping..

CyberSamus

Smash Cadet
Thanks. My SWD is improving, but I can't do it on a speed higher than 1/4.
I'll learn eventually...

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
CyberSamus said:
Thanks. My SWD is improving, but I can't do it on a speed higher than 1/4.
I'll learn eventually...
Nice to know I helped...and ya it'll get better...the thing is the timing (to me) isn't that great between the different speeds but from 1/4 to 1 is a very big difference..but even so..you'll learn it..though the process may be slow..but its better than nothing right. :laugh:

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I hate this. Some days I can do the Super Wavedash perfectly, and other days the timing completely escapes me. I'm too inconsisitent, even with practice. :-p

Top Bottom