• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OFFICIAL SUPER-WAVEDASH DISCUSSION! Please Read and Post Here!

duals

Smash Journeyman
how would it be "broken"?
Have you ever watched Dragon ball Z and there's these times when goku would fight someone and they disappear and reappear in random places and all you see is a glimpse of a punch being thrown? it would be like that but the other person can't do it....

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Except in DBZ he just disappears and then suddenly he's somewhere else. He didn't have a long, obvious "hey guys I'm about to move really fast, let me broadcast this fact by dropping a bomb first" tell before doing it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Except in DBZ he just disappears and then suddenly he's somewhere else. He didn't have a long, obvious "hey guys I'm about to move really fast, let me broadcast this fact by dropping a bomb first" tell before doing it.
Maybe not as long, but they did have a loud, obnoxious, sound effect to go with it.
Boooshwip

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
What's even more like DBZ was this one Metaknight ditto at FAST, when the infinite cape thing wasn't banned. They both disappeared, the camera moved around to follow them for a while, then they both suddenly appeared with the attack in quick succession, kinda like the sudden flashes of Goku/whoever you'd see.

Geist

Smash Master
how would it be "broken"?

it would be useful...
Samus could be on almost any part of the stage at any time. I mean if you can be in range for an approach without even being there, that's pretty broken.
Samus's defensive game would be pretty much off the chart. Alot of pressure tactics wouldn't work, her approaching would make her impossible to shield grab, and alot of her moves would be unpunishable in alot of situations.

Maybe not tier destroying broken, but easily game breaking.

What's even more like DBZ was this one Metaknight ditto at FAST, when the infinite cape thing wasn't banned. They both disappeared, the camera moved around to follow them for a while, then they both suddenly appeared with the attack in quick succession, kinda like the sudden flashes of Goku/whoever you'd see.
lol I saw some kid doing that for like 3 minutes straight xD

duals

Smash Journeyman
this is true, but you could do it in a way where they can't do anything about it...like SWD>Fsmash them off stage> charge B as they recover> SWD behind them and blast....... i think that would work.... who knows...lol

Underdog985

Smash Rookie
Finding it hard to read from beginning of this thread but have there been posts on 2v2s and SWDing. I find it amazingly useful and have saved my teammate from combos many times or getting some good 2 on 1 moments while the other guy has to run over to fight.

Geist

Smash Master
I usually missile to save my teammate from combos. If there are two people ganging up on one guy, taking the time to SWD might be a matter of stock loss or not.
I think it's generally better to stick with your teammate in doubles, so SWD becomes more unpractical there, too.

In 2v2's, SWD is less punishable I find, but it's unwieldy, and it's sort of like playing Russian Roulette. Why SWD when you can WOMBO COMBO?

duals

Smash Journeyman
i could imagine a samus doubles match where both of them SWD together...... or a SWD wombo combo..... lawl

Geist

Smash Master
lol
I was in a 2v2 with Samus as my teammate, and we both alternated platform missile cancelling on Yoshi's story.
Almost as sex as a SWD wombo combo.

Have you ever watched Dragon ball Z and there's these times when goku would fight someone and they disappear and reappear in random places and all you see is a glimpse of a punch being thrown? it would be like that but the other person can't do it....
apparently you can do some of that stuff in esf (earth's special forces), the dbz half-life mod... >_> anyway.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I would like to incorporate SWD into my game, if only a little. Any suggestions?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
learn swd

then incorporate it

i really don't think there's much else

it would be like learning any other ATs. just do it.

Signia

Smash Lord
People are always saying you're supposed to hit left then right as soon as you land, but that's not true. According to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9uEVcJdeJ4 you hit the ground at frame 36. You have to hit left on frame 41, so it's a bit later. 5 frames is big difference.

Pi

Smash Hero
People are always saying you're supposed to hit left then right as soon as you land, but that's not true. According to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9uEVcJdeJ4 you hit the ground at frame 36. You have to hit left on frame 41, so it's a bit later. 5 frames is big difference.
It's a lot easier than explaining frames for the move to people;

"K what you wanna do is hit down + b, 1 frame later the move will start, now 41 frames into the move which is roughly 2/3rd a second, you're going to tap the direction you do NOT want to SWD, on the very next frame, 1/60th of a second, smash the direction you WANT to SWD in"

"wait...what's a frame"

"._."

side note
I can't seem to do the SWD with my eyes closed
Even though it's such a frame specific move there does seem to be a visual cue that I rely on to perform it ;o

Pi

Smash Hero
Yay! SWD! lol I can finally do it 20% of the time XD

I got 3 in a row, but they weren't *full* SWD's. (I held right or left too long :l)
I THINK the distance you travel depends on the position of your control stick on the 42nd frame, if it's fully extended you get the full SWD, less = less distance, obviously.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I THINK the distance you travel depends on the position of your control stick on the 42nd frame, if it's fully extended you get the full SWD, less = less distance, obviously.
Really? I thought I remembered reading that if you let go of the control stick after SWDing then you'll go a little farther then if you held it in the direction... maybe not...

AIDS

Smash Lord
Really? I thought I remembered reading that if you let go of the control stick after SWDing then you'll go a little farther then if you held it in the direction... maybe not...
I think if you tap both directions instead of a single slide is when you get the better SWD. Perhaps that is what your thinking about?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I think if you tap both directions instead of a single slide is when you get the better SWD. Perhaps that is what your thinking about?
AIDS, what kind of style are you now that you're back? Defensive, missile-y, aggresive?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Defence is the way. Out space, punish, fallow up if possable. Except noobs I will just play Samus as if it was falcon.
The intelligent way :laugh:
Actually, I'm more like that now. I just like going for combos sometimes

AIDS

Smash Lord
The intelligent way :laugh:
Actually, I'm more like that now. I just like going for combos sometimes
You still need to attack, Defense would be under rated otherwise.
That's what it's about, punishing once they screw up and making that punish to the best extent you can.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
You still need to attack, Defense would be under rated otherwise.
That's what it's about, punishing once they screw up and making that punish to the best extent you can.
I like uptilt for punishment, it can always follow up

AIDS

Smash Lord
I find even if I don't get the kill and they finally make it on. I rack 50% damaged in an edge guard attempt.
Edge Guarding is like Samus combo video footage. LOL

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I find even if I don't get the kill and they finally make it on. I rack 50% damaged in an edge guard attempt.
Edge Guarding is like Samus combo video footage. LOL
Yeah basically :laugh:
Plus some D-air stuff

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP

a level 9 samus did the SWD in midair off the stage towards the left
it was able to make it back though (of course, samus)

dang...
it was so awesome
i was playing on YS story vs it and suddenly it just flies offstage lol

AMAZING

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
HOLY CRAP

a level 9 samus did the SWD in midair off the stage towards the left
it was able to make it back though (of course, samus)

dang...
it was so awesome
i was playing on YS story vs it and suddenly it just flies offstage lol

AMAZING
I've had falcon cpus moonwalk really well... better than I can in fact :p

Pi

Smash Hero
after a certain point you don't want to be holding forward caause you will then walk and cancel some momentum

Top Bottom