• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No disrespect for Captain Toad, but his game looks like a re-make of 3D world. As a character though, I think he'd be sweet.
In 3D World there are actually Captain Toad levels, sort of like mini-games. Proved to be popular enough to warrant a whole title apparently. Captain Toad plays nothing like the main game of 3D World though.

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
A Lucina debate I see, these are always fun, especially now that Lucina's become my most wanted Fire Emblem character.

I think I actually figured out why I had a sudden support for her all of a sudden, when I used to support Robin. Because Robin's become too popular around here, gotta support the underdogs! :awesome:
More like overrated fits Robin

Radiant Dawn is a blast. I'd highly recommend it

Also Sacred Stones is great, my first FE was the one right before it. Blazing Sword

"Laughs"
Definitely agree with Radiant Dawn. My first FE game and I've managed to beat the game three times within a year. Even challenging to do an Ike + girls only run I have transferred from Path of Radiance but worth the fun!

D

Deleted member

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_news/140704/whf/index.html

I believe others have mentioned this event as well. I honestly don't know much, but thought it was worth noting.

itsuka wa
sansen!!
****emitai...

Someday, I'd like to "participate!!"...

Disclaimer at the bottom:
akumade taichou no yume no o hanashi desu.

It is only the story of the captain's dream.

The disclaimer is most likely there so that people don't jump to conclusions and assume Captain Toad is going to be in Smash.

EDIT: I forgot that Smashboards censors anything with the letters s, h, i, and t in that order.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So, I need to get something off my chest.

None of you support Chorus Men. You expect Chorus Men since Gematsu, but you don't support them. Hell, most of you have probably never heard of them, you might have seen them and thought, "Oh, look, a bunch of Marshals," if you were even lucky enough to know who Marshal was at the time. Someone will use the'since I know who they are now I support them', yeah, but the only reason you know who they are is because of the damn leak. So next time I see a "I support Chorus Men" banner or something, I might jump into the rant again.

Cue the disagreements.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

None of you support Chorus Men. You expect Chorus Men since Gematsu, but you don't support them. Hell, most of you have probably never heard of them, you might have seen them and thought, "Oh, look, a bunch of Marshals," if you were even lucky enough to know who Marshal was at the time. Someone will use the'since I know who they are now I support them', yeah, but the only reason you know who they are is because of the damn leak. So next time I see a "I support Chorus Men" banner or something, I might jump into the rant again.

Cue the disagreements.
Disagreement cued.

It's completely possible to know who the Chorus Men were before the leak, or at least, I knew who they were, but I'll always support Rhythm Wrestler and Reporter for the Rhythm Heaven character's though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I.... actually kinda knew the Chorus Kids before I knew about Rythm Heaven itself..... sort of...

They became a bit of a popular meme over at Flipnote Hatena. Wonder if that had any influences on their potential inclusion in Smash, probably not.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Cue the disagreements.
You're right. I don't support the Chorus Men.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Cue the disagreements.
Well, I certainly didn't know who they were. But some fans did.

However, it's true that most of the interest in the character(s) now comes from the leak.

I went to a YouTube video that showed off the Chorus Kid's minigame (I don't remember the name) and the entire comment basically boiled down to "So these are the Chorus Men from the Gematsu leak"? and a bunch of reactions ranging from "this is the stupidest thing ever" to "they're so cute" to "eh, I don't really care".

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Cue the disagreements.
So the leak made people open up to them. That's a good thing, isn't it? I mean, there are people now that really support them now, and don't try to discredit that by saying "oh, it's only because of the leak". Of course it is, Rhythm Heaven isn't a huge series and not one you'd expect characters from. I love the Rhythm Heaven series.

The thing is, people support them now, so there's no point ******** about it.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So the leak made people open up to them. That's a good thing, isn't it? I mean, there are people now that really support them now, and don't try to discredit that by saying "oh, it's only because of the leak". Of course it is, Rhythm Heaven isn't a huge series and not one you'd expect characters from. I love the Rhythm Heaven series.

The thing is, people support them now, so there's no point *****ing about it.
That's the thing. Do people really support them, or expect them? I wasn't doubting that people knew of them; we're the creme de le crem of Nintendo fans, after all. But did you want them for Smash before the leak.

No, you didn't. And that's the point. I'm not bashing their popularity, but they're popularity of Smash characters before the leak. There was that one comic, though, long ago...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Cue the disagreements.
I don't know. I really don't like Chorus men. I really don't like any of what's left of the Gematsu Leak. Still hoping it's fake.
Might change my mind about Shulk in the near future.

It's odd how some leaks work in favor of certain characters, and against others.
But I guess it goes both ways. Me? I'm repelled by the idea of Chorus Men and Chrom.
I've seen very little of Rythm Heaven, and I already preferred Reporter or Karate Joe.

I see a lot of bandwagon support, though. Just becacuse some people think Chorus Men is "inevitable" anyway. Probably just supporting something they find extremely possible to get to CHECK on their sigs.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just can't see them added being added (or any Rhythm Heaven character, really) because they are rather insubstantial as fighters.

Similar to the WarioWare characters.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I knew they existed, and I knew they were the one of the most known RH characters, I just never heard them being suggested as a fighter, and I was too busy at the Marshall thread to even come up with the idea.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Cue the disagreements.
I wanted Chorus Kids. I knew who they were before the leak

So what? These kinds of generalizations are unnecessary and unneeded. You might not like them, but don't degrade anyone who actually does.

Didn't you EVER tell yourself "I didn't know I wanted [thing]!"? It's what Chorus Kids supporters felt.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
That's the thing. Do people really support them, or expect them? I wasn't doubting that people knew of them; we're the creme de le crem of Nintendo fans, after all. But did you want them for Smash before the leak.

No, you didn't. And that's the point. I'm not bashing their popularity, but they're popularity of Smash characters before the leak. There was that one comic, though, long ago...
And I bring up the simple question: why the hell does it matter? No, I didn't think of them before the leak, therefore did not expect or support them. Because of their expected appearance, people are becoming more attached to the character, and therefore they are supported. I mean, I hated the idea of Chorus Men at first, then took some time to digest. Instead of the people that curse the Kids being in, I dug up my old rhythm heaven game for the DS and played Glee Club. I looked at the support thread. And I was becoming more attracted to the idea of a rhythmic moveset. Because I began to expect them, I began supporting them. Just because you expect something doesn't mean you support it. I expect Chrom being in and Lucas having a very good chance of getting cut, but that surely does not mean I support that ideology.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Cue the disagreements.
I didn't support chorus men originally because I didn't support anything from rhythm heaven because it seemed like they wouldn't get representation. The leak opened my eyes, and now I think the chorus men will be a super cool addition to the roster. I support chorus men, sorry.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Anyone who supports Chorus Kids should keep on going. No need to change your beliefs because people don't like the idea. Unless we're talking about politics.

D

Deleted member

Cue the disagreements.
Being an afficianado of the Rhythm Heaven franchise (can't really call myself a fan since I've only owned Fever), I knew about the Chorus Kids before the leak.

I didn't support them before the leak, and I don't support them now. Especially since they get/got/whatever in the way of a character I actually supported from Rhythm Heaven:

That being said, I'm not against them either. I am rather interested in how Sakurai's going to handle such a concept (and it better be damn good since they were picked over a frigging memetic luchador) and I can see how they've could have been chosen among dozens of RH's quirky characters.

So yeah, come at me bro.

Hong

The Strongest
Anyone who supports Chorus Kids should keep on going. No need to change your beliefs because people don't like the idea. Unless we're talking about politics.
I don't know anything about Rhythm Heaven, but just thinking about them fills my mind to the brim with fun gameplay ideas. They're likely not to disappoint.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Sorry, but it's just really annoying to be a Rhythm Heaven fan and being accused of only supporting the Chorus Kids because of the leak.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Being an afficianado of the Rhythm Heaven franchise (can't really call myself a fan since I've only owned Fever), I knew about the Chorus Kids before the leak.

I didn't support them before the leak, and I don't support them now. Especially since they get/got/whatever in the way of a character I actually supported from Rhythm Heaven:

That being said, I'm not against them either. I am rather interested in how Sakurai's going to handle such a concept (and it better be damn good since they were picked over a frigging memetic luchador) and I can see how they've could have been chosen among dozens of RH's quirky characters.

So yeah, come at me bro.
BOOT GOLDEEN WE ALRUDY HAVE A RESTLER IN LITTL MACK

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sorry, but it's just really annoying to be a Rhythm Heaven fan and being accused of only supporting the Chorus Kids because of the leak.
I don't think he's referring to Rhythm Heaven fans.
He's referring to the majority. Bandwagon supporters, even.

Or maybe he is being obtuse and I misconstrued his point.

D

Deleted member

You want to talk bandwagon, there's a certain gecko that practically defines bandwagon.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I don't think he's referring to Rhythm Heaven fans.
He's referring to the majority. Bandwagon supporters, even.

Or maybe he is being obtuse and I misconstrued his point.
I'm not obtuse, I'm acute!

But yeah, I was referring to the bandwagon. Oh, and why the hell does it matter? Because sometimes, the bandwagon crashes, and that's always an ugly situation.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I'm not obtuse, I'm acute!

But yeah, I was referring to the bandwagon. Oh, and why the hell does it matter? Because sometimes, the bandwagon crashes, and that's always an ugly situation.
That example is always displayed beautifully during every Super Bowl.

Anyways, I'm curious to see who thinks the leak finalizes the roster, or leaves out some characters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anyway, not really against the idea. I don't like them, but if they're in, they're in. I already got TWO favorites of mine that made it in. Really can't care about characters I don't fancy getting in after them. :p

I wonder if there are people who, like me, supported someone they didn't like just because it was somehow linked to a character one DOES like.

For example, I secretly supported Miis until Little Mac was revealed. After that, I didn't care wether the Miis made it in or not. In fact, I was leaning on the NOT supporting, unless they were pretty unique.

The results for me is a mixed bag, I guess.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
This isn't like football. You don't have to pick a team. You can support 1 million characters if you want. Doesn't matter how you heard of them. That's my opinion

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
That example is always displayed beautifully during every Super Bowl.

Anyways, I'm curious to see who thinks the leak finalizes the roster, or leaves out some characters.
I think the leak has some spots left to fill. It's much vaguer than Brawl's "let's leak everything" leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom