• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I can't think of many instances when Lucina is advertised as Lucina for Awakening. Most people wouldn't know who it is behind the mask unless they were to play the game.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I can't think of many instances when Lucina is advertised as Lucina for Awakening. Most people wouldn't know who it is behind the mask unless they were to play the game.
I suppose that you would be correct; however, I fail to see why that is relevant in the slightest. Regardless of whether or not she is advertised as Marth or Lucina, she is still Lucina.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
- Future of Despair DLC
- Spa DLC
- the upcoming action figure refers to her as Lucina
- The artbook and soundtrack shows her as Lucina and not Marth.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I suppose that you would be correct; however, I fail to see why that is relevant in the slightest. Regardless of whether or not she is advertised as Marth or Lucina, she is still Lucina.
I guess I was just trying to question why they would add Lucina without the mask when she's not that recognized and why they would add masked Lucina when she's more recognized as a masked Marth (who's already in the game).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
After Fire Emblem Awakening came out, IS made it known that "Marth" was really Lucina. Even before that, it was clear that "Marth" was not actually Marth.
There was still of lot of promotion content for Awakening after it came out, but in all that she was Lucina.

Because everyone knew that already.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I guess I was just trying to question why they would add Lucina without the mask when she's not that recognized and why they would add masked Lucina when she's more recognized as a masked Marth (who's already in the game).
I think Lucina has eclipsed the whole Marth thing, also sorry if I seemed condescending with how I presented the soundtrack picture.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I guess when I was thinking of advertisements I was just thinking of the trailers and promotional art rather then the books and accessories.
Masked Marth is already in the game?! Source please! :crazy:
Sorry, I just meant that regular Marth was already in the game.
I think Lucina has eclipsed the whole Marth thing, also sorry if I seemed condescending with how I presented the soundtrack picture.
I didn't see it that way at all, don't worry about it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
A Lucina debate I see, these are always fun, especially now that Lucina's become my most wanted Fire Emblem character.

I think I actually figured out why I had a sudden support for her all of a sudden, when I used to support Robin. Because Robin's become too popular around here, gotta support the underdogs! :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
A Lucina debate I see, these are always fun, especially now that Lucina's become my most wanted Fire Emblem character.

I think I actually figured out why I had a sudden support for her all of a sudden, when I used to support Robin. Because Robin's become too popular around here, gotta support the underdogs! :awesome:
I'm 100% cool with Lucina support. She's Nintendo's #1 princess in my eyes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly Lucina should be playable over Chrom. I always liked her character more. I think I'm gonna play Awakening again.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
*looks at his own banner after reading the newer posts today*
*sighs at how true it is*

Sal Leak Discussions, SalLeak discussions everywhere.

...So does anyone have a good Captain Toad or Inkling moveset?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Take Bowser Jr. moveset with paintbrush and transfer it to a paint gun, and have a little girl control it. Boom. Instant Inkling moveset.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I have an old Captain Toad one if that counts?

Comes with illustrations, but I really should make a new one since he's had a game announced.

TIME FOR ADVENTURE!
Captain Toad explores the battlefield!
This is Captain Toad:

But what is a Captain Toad you may ask?
Captain Toad is by far the bravest Toad in all of the Galaxies; he has explored regions the average mushroom retainer could only dream of, has become Captain of the Royal Guards of the Toadstool family and is largely thought of(but unproven) as being the same Toad that bravely fought against Wart and Wario in the past.
Captain Toad has recently been given a starring role alongside Mario, Luigi, Peach, Blue Toad and Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World, in which he has his own single player adventures. His levels unlike the others are not platformers, and Captain Toad must instead navigate a 3D environment without the aid of such lofty things as power ups. Because he is a Toad that is overly prepared for everything, he has a nasty habit of bringing too much gear with him on his adventures which stop him from being able to jump(Toads in general are poor jumpers to begin with). Instead he must use his cunning, timing and wits to solve multiple puzzles and gather as many Green Power Stars as he can for his allies.

Moveset ideas:

Neutral B: Toad Spore

Captain Toad is not the most offensive individual, being a strong an honourable man he prefers to let his enemies throw the first punch. And then return their damage back at them two fold. Yes; the brave Captain Toad soon teaches those villains that such aggression can and will be turned back upon them.

Up + B: Power Star Grappling Hook

Captain Toad is nothing if not resourceful. Using one of the many Green Power Stars he's managed to find over his journeys, and his trusty rope this modern day Macguver can create a handy grappling hook to let him recover from big falls, or swing up to higher platforms. Being slapped in the face with a Power Star also hurts somewhat as anyone who has ever made the unfortunate mistake to cross the Captain will tell you. If their jaws were realigned that is.

Side + B: Headlamp

Utilizing his trusty headlamp, the courageous Captain Toad dares to bring light to any villain's lair. Hitting them in the eyes with his powerful light he can stop even the most determined antagonist in their tracks for a split second, giving them time to think twice about testing his mettle.

Down + B: Rucksack empty

Sometimes you need to pack for adventure. Other times, you need to lighten the load. Captain Toad is a mushroom man of experience and he knows that if you're being weighed down the best thing to do is ditch the dead weight. He turns his rucksack upside down and drops several items from it.
After doing this several times, Captain Toad's jump and double jump becoming significantly improved at the questionable cost of him being lighter and easier to KO. Is the recovery worth losing such weight? More importantly is it worth more than losing such beautiful treasures?

Final Smash, Taunts and other things coming soon!​

Did you think I'd finished yet? Too bad; Toad Time! YAA HAAA!

Final Smash: Toad Brigade!

What else could the brave Captain Toad's Final Smash really be?
With his courageous leadership skills, Captain Toad calls forth the Toad Brigade. Waving the Toad banner he announces the charge. During this final Smash Toad is given the banner as a weapon to attack the opponents and move freely as his teammates perform their own attacks:
Buckenberry/Blue Toad: Throws books at the opponents, deals decent damage.
Alagold/Yellow Toad: Yellow Toad yawns and makes any enemy near him sleepy.
BankToad/Green Toad: Strikes with his pickaxe. Acts similarly to the hammer.
MailToad/Purple Toad: Throws packages at the opponents. Effects vary. Similar to Delibird, some parcels heal, some explode.
After 15 seconds the Toads salute and leave their brave leader to continue on the fight alone!

Grab: Pack for Adventure!

Once again Captain Toad is a very well prepared individual, and likes to pack anything and everything he thinks will be helpful on his many adventures through the galaxies. Sometimes he can get a little carried away and pick up anyone and everything in his preparations.
Captain Toad can pick up various items as well as opponents, thus reversing the buffs and nerfs he received from using his down + B.

Grab + Run: Toad Trekking

Once Captain Toad is all packed for adventure, it's time to set off! With his super strength and speed, Captain Toad can run and walk around the stage carrying even the heaviest adversary, and forcing them along on his expedition like a young university understudy.

TAUNTS:

Side Taunt: Captain Toad whips out his map, checking his location. Even the most seasoned explorer occasionally gets lost, so don't feel discouraged brave Captain Toad!

Up Taunt: Captain Toad spins around as he gathers another Power Star whilst yelling, most truthfully "I'M THE BEST!"

Down Taunt: Forging new ground, Captain Toad claims the stage in the name of the Mushroom Kingdom and his Brigade! "YAH HA!"

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad Do you have any idea what that thing with Captain Toad at the Game convention was about?

Something about him wanting to be in Smash?
Well he does actually state he wants to join the fight apparently.

He's also all over the page regarding the Sunday event, talking about Mario Kart and Smash. Possibly something Amiibo related? Might shed some light on cross game functionality.

Or it may be nothing.

Honestly I'm not sure. That symbol definitely is the same font as when a character joins the battle, but it seems odd to reveal him on Nintendo's page now if he was actually playable.

queenrosetta

Smash Apprentice
Well he does actually state he wants to join the fight apparently.

He's also all over the page regarding the Sunday event, talking about Mario Kart and Smash. Possibly something Amiibo related? Might shed some light on cross game functionality.

Or it may be nothing.

Honestly I'm not sure. That symbol definitely is the same font as when a character joins the battle, but it seems odd to reveal him on Nintendo's page now if he was actually playable.
Where is all this happening?

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I've been trying to do a Lunatic + run of Awakening but it's so stupid. There's no winning.
Not a fan of how awakening did Lunatic+ I think New Mystery did its Lunatic mode better too. Its really hard but its fair.

I still love Awakening though

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Not a fan of how awakening did Lunatic+ I think New Mystery did its Lunatic mode better too. Its really hard but its fair.

I still love Awakening though
Yeah, I still count Awakening as either my favorite or second favorite FE game (Still not sure if it beats out sacred stones, xD). Chrom isn't my favorite character, though. I don't dislike him, and I know he's the face of the game, but it just seems such a waste to not have Gregor in smash instead.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yeah, I still count Awakening as either my favorite or second favorite FE game (Still not sure if it beats out sacred stones, xD). Chrom isn't my favorite character, though. I don't dislike him, and I know he's the face of the game, but it just seems such a waste to not have Gregor in smash instead.
Gregor Smash!

My favorite Fe's are Sword of Seals, Path of Radiance and Thracia. But I love like the entire franchise to the point you couldsay they are all my favorites

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Gregor Smash!

My favorite Fe's are Sword of Seals, Path of Radiance and Thracia. But I love like the entire franchise to the point you couldsay they are all my favorites
I enjoy them all a lot as well. Except I have yet to play Radiant Dawn. I need to get around to that...

Sacred Stones was my first, however, and it's had a lasting impact on how I interpret the series. In fact, it's largely the inspiration for a game I'm currently developing.

do we know what it translate to?
"Toad is playable in Smash 4 - Sakurai"

probably

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At this point I wouldn't mind Captain Toad, I'll take just about any star power at this point. Mind you I don't even like Toad at all in the Mario series, but he has some of the coolest supporters around.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I enjoy them all a lot as well. Except I have yet to play Radiant Dawn. I need to get around to that...

Sacred Stones was my first, however, and it's had a lasting impact on how I interpret the series. In fact, it's largely the inspiration for a game I'm currently developing.

"Toad is playable in Smash 4 - Sakurai"

probably
Radiant Dawn is a blast. I'd highly recommend it

Also Sacred Stones is great, my first FE was the one right before it. Blazing Sword

"Laughs"

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
At this point I wouldn't mind Captain Toad, I'll take just about any star power at this point.
This.
I'm fine if you had characters for personal bias or because you're forced to or because your best friend begs you to. But when the majority are among those lines and there are few All-Stars, that's when the red flag rises. I don't feel like supporting the majority of the characters I used to because of that.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
No disrespect for Captain Toad, but his game looks like a re-make of 3D world. As a character though, I think he'd be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom