• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

cswright

Smash Apprentice
Yes, because Ridley and Dark Samus will be PCs. I hope this isn't the update Sakurai's been working on this whole time. This isn't too big, so we have to have one more ground breaking update before the release.
that sounds pretty big and groundbreaking to me...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sakurai quote of the year:

"I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game!"

Me and my gutter-bound mind.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
mmm is it me or in one of the pics appears the trophy of "zoda" one of the racers from F-Zero.............................................................................

SmashFi3nd

Smash Apprentice
i wonder why link and mach rider's names are in red in this update and the other trophies names are in green. its funny how link is a playable character and his name is in red so that means...^_^

Nah. im getting a little too ahead of myself lol

EDIT: i didnt notice that he said tht the red ones are stickers...srry! lol

Zanibas

Smash Cadet
Edit: Yeah, noticed ^_^

Anyways, mixes it up, changing the way luck and skill changes the way we play.

I thank the nameless staff member who thought of this ^_^

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
looks like another rise on the replay factor....ow whats left? a minigame on the start screen?(like shoting the credits on melee) 0.o

EDIT: @rexpro: yes there is a zoda trophie wich hints for Captain Falcon tomorrow.....

JK

who8therice

Smash Cadet
Why would you want to waste updates on things we already know are going to make it in, as opposed to getting brand new things? As in, why would you want Falcon and Luigi(most definitely going to be in) updates to take the place of a completely new, cool, playable character? But anyway, gamer8, I like your sig movie in the middle

Anyway, i really liked this update. It kind of goes to Sakurai making this game fun in all the little things.

I am so impatient... I hate waiting... oh well only 45 days

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Why would you want to waste updates on things we already know are going to make it in, as opposed to getting brand new things? As in, why would you want Falcon and Luigi(most definitely going to be in) updates to take the place of a completely new, cool, playable character? But anyway, gamer8, I like your sig movie in the middle

Anyway, i really liked this update. It kind of goes to Sakurai making this game fun in all the little things.

I am so impatient... I hate waiting... oh well only 45 days
Everyone wants to know what Falcon is like in the new one.
Probably looks sexier? Lolol. :laugh:
New updates are awesome too. We'll just have to wait though.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
From this update

In these screenshots:

I noticed that "Operation Service" changed to "Smash Service".
May be useless info but it's good to see the game's progress and how it developed.
Nov. 16 > Dec. 28
Just to state the dates.

Also

Some people have already noticed that options has been added to the menu.

Good to see that the game has gotten better and better since the beginning of development.

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Rumor mill:

Someone posted this on Gamefaqs a few months ago

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game.

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40411864

Probably a coincidence, but it's still pretty interesting.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
ok this is ridiculous.... the last update about a new character was dedede and that was about oh i dont know.. 2 MONTHS AGO!!! i mean all sakurai's been putting up is honestly stuff that people probably arnt on the edge of their seats to hear about. I mean come on he explicitly stated that he knew stuff about characters was going to get out "because of the internet" so he wasnt really worried about secrecy..... but honestly no one has come out w/ any information that could be considered close to being reliable.
i mean i might be coming off as kind of impatient idiot but you have to admit that its kind of ridiculous that the most exciting information we've gotten in a while is stuff about coin battles and trophies....

Rash

Smash Ace
So is it pretty much confirmed that we can't save anything Nintendo sends us to an SD card?

Like, when Nintendo does their "one stage a day" thing, they make it so we can only play the stage that day, and are not able to save it for later?

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'm shocked their isn't any discussion about balance patches from this update. He says Stuff from Nintendo will be slowly over written. Yes, the daily maps get overwritten, but so would balance patches. Personally I'd say he's hinting.

distructo91

Smash Cadet
just to know, lol, is brawl still coming out on february 10th? i know it does say that in the dojo but...i checked out brawl in futureshop.ca and wanted to pre order it...it said exactly...:pre-order: Estimated release date: September 30, 2008
i got scared when i saw that...

Mike87

Smash Ace
just to know, lol, is brawl still coming out on february 10th? i know it does say that in the dojo but...i checked out brawl in futureshop.ca and wanted to pre order it...it said exactly...:pre-order: Estimated release date: September 30, 2008
i got scared when i saw that...
Well then the site is way off.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
On the Dojo itself... it states that the release date ....as of this moment... is Feb 10.

We are closer the the Japan release date so if they get delayed then we will be as well. I guess we can just wait till then. Not too much longer for them.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
So we got more stages from Melee, none of which I really liked playing in however.

I am still hopeful that some of the 64 stages will return, like Dream Land.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I thought this update was just being redundant. :(
I saw Brinstar and I was like wow. Lava.
Everything else is meh. I didn't play much on those stages anyway.
Maybe Corneria I played from time to time, but that's before I got into competitive play.
I didn't expect this update to be a great update.

Yet again, I didn't expect it to be so...meh.

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
i'm pretty pleased by this update if for no other reason than my friends hate brinstar and now i will be able to punish them again! Also, was glad that he called it acid. But now we have 2 "lava" stages which is a little surprising.

SonicSmash001

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they'll bring back more stages. I'd be happy if they just released brawl with what they've revealed so far, the updates have been that good. I guess I'm just easy to please :D

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Loved the stages that they announced.. My friends and i love playing on those stages. Corneria is a huge favorite of ours. And we love Onett just because we have always had epic battles on the stage.

Wonder which ones will also come back?

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
i'm pretty pleased by this update if for no other reason than my friends hate brinstar and now i will be able to punish them again! Also, was glad that he called it acid. But now we have 2 "lava" stages which is a little surprising.
Oh yeah you're right. It is acid. Lolol. Whatever. Thanks for the correction though.

And about the stages, I hope we see stages we actually like.
Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land, Pokemon Stadium, and maybe Hyrule Castle 64?

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I liked the update, but I want a Character Update.

And I feel like this week is the Perfect week to give us one.

Luigi or Captain Falcon please!!!!!!!

Top Bottom