• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/*\Official Brawl Dojo Update Thread/*\ (Updated-Brawl Secrets and No More Updates)

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Wow, so we got an update on a single character's various color changes. I guess this opens the floodgates for all other characters to have individual breakdowns on their costume alternates.
Sakurai said:
Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special...
Oh? He says Wario is unique.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I like todays update, I will more likey use this version of wario more.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
It seems like forever since we've gotten a good, worthy update. =/

Hopefully, tomorrow, they'll give a good, worthy, Christmas special update.

Weed

Smash Lord
I'm curious about 2 things concerning Wario:

1. Why is his stance on the character select screen different between the normal and classic costumes?

2. Why aren't his overalls given the detailed denim look that Mario's get?
I suppose "classic" now means "dated" as well.

yawn on this update, but im thrilled that Brawl is getting closer and closer, these are just reminders.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious about 2 things concerning Wario:

1. Why is his stance on the character select screen different between the normal and classic costumes?

2. Why aren't his overalls given the detailed denim look that Mario's get?

1. Could just be that the characters on the select screen are animated now, and they were selected at different times?

2. Because it's enough detail so as not to look ugly or distract people from the game's other good graphics, but not enough detail to take a lot of time from the art team (because they're busy making other costumes? Please? Actually if you look at it, the Fusion Suit is modeled well like the Wario Classic is, but the texturing is a little weak, again like Wario Classic. Sorry, just had to say).

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
This update kicks ***. I've always preferd the clone Wario above the WarioWare Wario. Extra reason for me to play as him...

...hm..it does raise another question, though...meh, I'll make a topic for that.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
i like wario-ware Wario better but i wish that wario overalls costume would have been detailed like mario hell even waluigi are detailed

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Why does the Japanese update have a question mark at the end of the sentence that says Wario is special in english?

Ninjatastic

Smash Rookie
Alt costume updates for individual characters? Or maybe not because Sakurai said Wario was "special".

Either way this was a so-so update. I might play as the classic wario who has an almost mario color scheme.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I hope this means we'll have more alternate costumes for other characters. I mean Wario is special but I'm sure other characters will get something too.

I don't recall Pikachu being special yet he gets "alternate costumes" Jigglypuff must be special too since she had them in Melee as well as Pichu(but he's been deconfirmed and I doubt Jigglypuff is out simply because Sonic can do a DK like punch and Spindash if I understand what I read correctly.)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Update was worth it for "F-flab is poking out from his sides." Thanks for pointing out that little detail, Sakurai =)

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
XD Tomorrow's update: Wait! Wario wasn't the only one to get an Alternate Costume! Here we have... Santa Dedede!!!

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Yes, yes, yes. Classic Wario returns. I'll be selecting these Wario outfits when I use Wario. I love how his Classic outfits mock Mario's. Thank you Sakurai :chuckle:

Ameba

Smash Cadet
Did anyone else notice that the screenshots from this update were located in snowy stages? There's the winter version of Yoshi's Island and The Summit... Could this mean that Sakurai is aware of Christmas and is preparing something special for tomorrow's update?

sliverx

Smash Rookie
Did anyone else notice that the screenshots from this update were located in snowy stages? There's the winter version of Yoshi's Island and The Summit... Could this mean that Sakurai is aware of Christmas and is preparing something special for tomorrow's update?
yay I think a new charcater update for chirstmas like geno,rayman,megaman,maybe mastercheif for who knows

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It'd be awesome if Christmas or any other holiday gave you unique costume changes for that day.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I liked the idea of having different costumes for Wario... hoping others will getting as well like after beating SSE 50 times or something.

I prefer the classic Wario.

Christmas Update: ........

I acutally have nothing.. guess i will wait a day

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
OH MY GOD ANGEL ISLAND REMIX! Brings back childhood memories...=D

I love this update. I hope this confirms Angel Island as a stage. Sonic 3 needs some love :/

Top Bottom