• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the advice cort. :) I have a few more questions for you...

What are the advantages of light shielding against shiek? I have never heard of this before, and there aren't any sheik players I can test it on at the moment...

Also, how should I be edgeguarding a marth? I usually toss turnips at them and hope one connects, but that doesn't seem to work well. Also, if I am forced to come in low while recovering against marth, what is the best way to avoid being dtilted/fsmashed to death?

I have one last question: how do I beat an extremely spammy fox? I seem to get ***** every time a fox just runs around and lasers until they can grab and uthrow -> uair me to death.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have one last question: how do I beat an extremely spammy fox? I seem to get ***** every time a fox just runs around and lasers until they can grab and uthrow -> uair me to death.
I think i can handle this one Since I beat a camping one a few good times.

Your patients are gonna be tested. And your Job is to past that test.

This is what I do. But I play very different from other peaches so idk if it can work for you. When you get in range of fox.....dont do anything at all. Let Fox throw the first punch. When he is pinned to a corner he will:

-Jump over you ( if there is a platform, he will use it as a quick get-a-way)

- Use the edge and just wait till you get close and get back up with a drill or w/e

- He will go through you, yet he will wait for you to throw an attack or grab at him. he will bait you then attack you, then run and shoot his lazers again.

- Go under you if you try to FC>N-air Of try and FC tech.

When you have a turnip, Dont waste it. cause now it will put fox more on the defensive. the average Peach would just Jump>FC>N-air. You have to use that turnip to distract fox, look for that opening and take it fast. also throw turnips in the air since the only safe way to get past you is over you.

If your good with turnips you can somewhat camp him too and rack up some damage. But he will reflect maybe...........so let him, then drop and take charge of that lag.

Good foxes know that Lazer camping will piss the other off. I believe peach players the most. So you cant let it get to you. For eating a few lasers, You can just screw up Foxes bullcrap.

There will be certian ways Fox will evade you when you get close. The he will man up and go after you. its all about baiting, looking for patterns and openings. Get close but at the same time dont really do much. Cause if you just throw attacks hoping they will hit, your gonna get punished.

I usually make fox flinch then nail his azz. Like I'll go to him and have a turnip in my hand and jump in the air. fox thinks there is a Fair air comming after the turnip. but what he does not know is that the Fair is coming First. so he pulls up his reflector and you clap him with a Fair. Also if they block the Fair, you can then throw the turnip to a grab. I love doing that. You can also go to him and Just Dair him, get behind to a reverse grab.

Dont Dsmash too much. cause that what Fox will be looking out for alot. Only do it when you know your gonna nail him. Dont do it and hope you will get lucky. cause if you dont, your gonna feel the hurt. I say have a good grabs game more than anything else.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks for all the advice cort. :) I have a few more questions for you...

What are the advantages of light shielding against shiek? I have never heard of this before, and there aren't any sheik players I can test it on at the moment...

Also, how should I be edgeguarding a marth? I usually toss turnips at them and hope one connects, but that doesn't seem to work well. Also, if I am forced to come in low while recovering against marth, what is the best way to avoid being dtilted/fsmashed to death?

Edgeguarding vs Marth

How to Fight Campy Foxes (2nd Paragraph under Ankoku quote)

Tin

Smash Journeyman
How do you play a Peach ditto? I'm generally clueless, always finding the other Peach one step ahead of me.

Sorry if it's been asked before.

Samochan

Smash Master
How do you play a Peach ditto? I'm generally clueless, always finding the other Peach one step ahead of me.

Sorry if it's been asked before.
1. Watch out for cc (fairs and dairs work well)
2. Press the buttons before your adversary, aka nair and c-stick are good
3. Upsmash and uair are your friends, upsmash kills and has incinvibility frames
4. Same with dash attack, comboes at low but beware of cc
5. Don't die below 170%
6. TURNIPS! Be smart when using turnips and be campy
7. Stitches win the matches for you, catch them from your opponents and abuse
8. CC attacks ftw, just not the dsmash, others like dash attack, nairs, bairs, slaps... cc em all for your own stuff
9. When you get float cancelled on your shield, watch out for followups. Timed roll is good imo (cort can correct me on this one)
10. Spacing and timing of the right moves are the keys

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I trully dont see whats wrong with the daisy one. But w/es. I'm the only one that seems to own with it anyway so yay me dammit!;)

Cort

Apple Head
my tier list:

white
green
pink
blue
daisy
I concur except maybe with pink/green switched. Depends on my mood >_>
the order is this

blue
white
daisy
pink
green

boo green
All of your future posts in this topic are invalidated.

Anyway, enough color spam please.

Cia

das kwl
****.. I wish I was around for all the color spam..

and lmao @ slikvik's post. I DEFINITELY went daisy color w/ the intention of losing to eggm at CoT.. and I won.. lmao

Chip.

you know what to do
. . .

I have the same problem wit ma thread ='(

no more good questions these days from randoms. . .
*sigh*

..have you ever beaten PC's Fox with your Peach
EVER!

Chip.

you know what to do
:mad::mad::mad:

jp :laugh: el oh el

I have a question: if Fox is approaching you with a full hopped Nair, what's Peach's best option in countering it? I usually will wd back -> Dsmash or grab (with young Link of course) or do a quick dash dance back and forth -> attack. I'm asking to see how Peach would handle the situation.

Suggestions yo!

Cort

Apple Head
I don't know what kind of Fox approaches with full jump nair against a Peach, but cc dsmash is a great start (depending on your % obviously) There's a number of other things you can do as well as you've mentioned.

Chip.

you know what to do
hmm, Peach's Dsmash comes out in 6 frames (if I'm correct) so I suppose I'll just substitute an attack that fast or faster from a cc perhaps. Thanks.

Back when I was stupid and didn't know how to play against a good Fox, I would try to out spam and camp Silent Wolf with all of my projectiles vs his lasers. . .

..bad idea :laugh:

He would do full hop (or shuffled) Nairs to gain ground through my boomerang, which was very troublesome. So recently I've opted in mastering more combat skills than projectile camping vs Fox.

Anyway. . .

did you know Peach has an attack tied for the fastest attack in the game =D
it's pretty ****

Top Bottom